• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ComradeWasabi

To the Pens fans

Rate this topic

Your team won games 6 and 7 fair and square, no bulls***. You outplayed us in the two most critical games of the year and you earned a Stanley Cup despite whatever some may say about Bettman, Crosby or officiating conspiracies. I trust that the classier of you will make your voices heard instead of the trash-talkers that were here throughout most of the series.

In any case, your team earned it. Congratulations.

edit: hey look, my thread is 13 minutes late. I dunno how I missed that other one... embarassing. :P

Edited by ComradeWasabi

They showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are indeed a team and just not a two-man-show. I was suprised, but at least losing doesn't suck as much knowing they actually earned it in those last games.

Guest Sid the Kid

Thanks to you all for your best wishes on my Pens winning the cup. This was an epic series; like 2 heavyweight fighters going toe to toe for the full 15 rounds .... My Pens showed maturity and heart this series and you don't get either unless you take your lumps along the way and hoe your own road to success.

You are "Hockey Town" and that label will never go away .... I consider it an honor that we beat the very best in the game of hockey and a franchise that knows what being a champion is all about.

congratulations, indeed.

enjoy this summer while you're able... you will now know what it's like to have the biggest target in the league on your back.

well deserved but training camp onward takes on a completely different perspective.

good luck defending the title.

see you next year.

~DRW faithful

Thanks to you all for your best wishes on my Pens winning the cup. This was an epic series; like 2 heavyweight fighters going toe to toe for the full 15 rounds .... My Pens showed maturity and heart this series and you don't get either unless you take your lumps along the way and hoe your own road to success.

You are "Hockey Town" and that label will never go away .... I consider it an honor that we beat the very best in the game of hockey and a franchise that knows what being a champion is all about.

:thumbup: Now that's the kind of post I like to see.

congrats, seeing that smug look on bettman's face during his speech made me wanna puke, but he and crosby are the only reason I dislike the pens. you outplayed us tonight and managed to win 4 of the past 5. this hurts a lot, but congrats.

Definitely...nothing can be taken away from their win. Pens beat some really bad odds against a team that is not easy to beat, period. Cheers, Pittsburgh. This cup was well earned. :beerbuddy:

Congrats. You got some dirtbags on your team, but they got the job done. Crosbys favorite player growing up was Yzerman, he was due to win it at some point. Byslma is a great guy and coach, and I wish him the best. You guys outplayed us when it counted, everyone gets some breaks, but you make your own, and the Pens did in 2009.

Guest Sid the Kid

Every team needs a few "dirtbags" ....

Fleury was the reason we won tonight .... hands down. To go from getting pulled in game #5 to tonight was pretty damn remarkable. He stepped up his game tonight ...

Another post to congratulate the Pens. They really deserved to win tonight. Thats about all I can say about it right now. I am pretty tired and already posted many kudos going to the Pens for a great hard fought series. Enjoy your championship, you earned it. I can't wait until next season. Its going to be a long summer without hockey.

I also have to say grats to all the Wings fans posting here. I didn't think that many Wings fans would be giving props to the Pens after a loss like this in a game 7. Instead, the forum surprises me and I am humbled. I didn't give the members on this forum a lot of credit. What I see here tonight are not only Red Wings fans, but true fans of the sport. Same goes for the classy Pens fans who didn't talk smack and instead extend their hands for a friendly handshake after a hard fought series. I know not all fans are like this, but I am impressed with what I see from the classy fans here.

Edited by Nightfall