• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ComradeWasabi

To the Pens fans

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

all i can say was this was one amazing series to watch...

you had the wings win the first 2 games of the series..here we all thoought they had it in the bag...then the Pens come back and win the next 2 at home..making this a best of 3 now...

then the wings blowout the Pens in game 5...giving them two shots at hoisting the cup...but the pens fought back and won game six back at home forcing a 7th and deciding game...the wings had this game with the fans in the background cheering..but to no avail...they just didnt look like a wings team we are usually seeing...and the pens scored 2 goals in the 2nd ...then crosby gets hurt ..plays 1 shift in the 3rd then sits on the bench.the wings finally get some offense and a goal with about 5 minutes to go...to make this a game...then in the final minute...the wings hit the crossbar (or was it a post..) , and a great save by MAF in the end to seal the deal and to give the Pens their 3rd Stanley Cup in Franchise History...

its series like this that make for great playoff hockey...! i for one was entertained..and congradts to both teams for making it entertaining..!!!

yeah yeah congrats.... the pens were definitely hungrier for that cup than half of our squad that has been there time and time again. I know i am biased but I still feel we gave the Pens that game rather than them taking it. I know if the wings pull together and play like they truly can, they are unstoppable. The problem was, they didnt pull together... They didnt play like they could... And the Pens did. I think we would have been better off keeping Abdelkader and Leino in there... 2 more players who were giving it all they had and were hungry. It was a CLOSE game... but we didn't get it done... no passes were on tape, no bounces went our way, when the puck was loose in front of the net... no one was there to bang it home... DAMMIT at least we have the Lions... Wait?!:/

Edited by MattPlay

Congrats to you pens fans out there. Enjoy the hell out of it, because you never know if or when it will come around again. Your team did what most people including myself didn't think they could do. The fact that it was mostly done without Crosby goes to show what a quality team you guys had. You deserve the win.

Congrats Pens,see you next year..

You really deserve to win this Cup!! good job!

And congratulations to Dan Bylsma,the man who changes everything,the real reason of your victory..

Go Wings 4ever

Congrats Pens

Thank you all for being so gracious in defeat. I can't say that you get this kind of treatment if we had lost.

This is what hockey is all about. This series was one for the ages, one I know I will remember and cherish for a loooong time.

Again, and I can't be more sincere...Thank you.

See you next year!

After a night to cool the engines, I can honestly say that you guys deserved the win. I remember back in 97 when it was guys like Joey Kocur and D-Mac who won it for us with their timely goals - for you guys it was players like Jordan Staal (who gets overshadowed by your big 2) and Maxim Talbot. I think I now understand how the rest of the league feels about Kirk Maltby... one of those players you love on your team but would hate on another... because I despise Talbot (pripr to him winning game 7 almost single-handedly), but you guys certainly love him.

Good win - you guys earned it with hard work and to be the best, ya gotta beat the best. A 7 game SCF is the best thing a good hockey fan can ask for. Enjoy it. Mature from it. Hopefully that captain of yours can start acting like the face of the league so this won't be *such* a bitter pill to swallow from that standpoint.

Can we make it 3 SCF meetings in a row? I wanna beat you guys so bad right now... :sly:

Enjoy the cup. It was well earned. You're going to hear all kinds of excuses and complaints from fans around the league about how your team was favored by the refs and Bettman all through the playoffs.

Bulls***!

Your guys played with heart and amazing determination. You simply wore the Wings down. You deserve the cup and everything that comes with it. Enjoy!

Your C still sucks however....:)

Edited by MidMichSteve

Congratulations to the Pens. You guys flat out outplayed us when it counted. I really hope you guys enjoy the Cup because if anyone on the Wings team is as pissed off as I am they are going to come out on a mission next year. Again Congrats.

I said this on the GDT but I'll say it again here: Congrats to the Pens and their fans. The Pens were the better team and earned it. Enjoy your summer with the Cup and I hope our teams meet again in 2010 (wouldn't that be something?) and do it again!

aside from game 5 the pens were definitely the better team and there is no doubt whatsoever that they deserved to win the cup and if it hadn't been for ozzie it would not have even gone to 7.

if you had told me before the series that crosby would be a non-factor and osgood would outplay fleury then i would have said it would be impossible for the pens to win. but the pens did just that and the main reason for that IMO is that their D outplayed ours - something else that i would never have thought possible. they must have the most under-rated D corps in the league with letang and scuderi being particularly impressive.

so congrats to the pens and their fans - you thoroughly deserve it so enjoy it :thumbup:

Well the Wings didn't deserve to win the game last night, the Pens did, so congrats.

Would have been tough to lose twice in a row to the same team, cause you never know when or if you will get back. They dug deep and were more focused in games 6&7.

Congrats to the Wings too - never like to use it as an excuse - but the toll of going deep 3 years in a row caught up. Couldn't find that extra gear - too many banged up guys. I still love my Wings - hope people realize how special this team is. We got beat fair and square - happens.

Enjoy your summer with the Cup Pens fans....

I can only sit and wonder what could have been if the NHL had stuck to it's original schedule =[. Datsyuk back from the start of the series could have switched everything around.

But what ifs and what could have happens will just drive you crazy, I suppose.