• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snazzy

What are your feelings on that Icing goal?

Rate this topic

Well did anyone notice that Stuart took that dumb penalty early in the game (when I really thought we were going to go down) then he turned over the puck to give up the first goal and then he made a bad pinch against the boards and left Kronwall back to fend for himself on the 2-on-1 for the 2nd goal. If we have anything to place blame on, I would say it was Brad Stuarts bad decisions tonight but there are a lot of factors that played into the Wings losing. We had 17 giveaways before the 3rd period. You cannot expect to win like that.

It was my worst fear that something like that would play a big part in deciding the game. But Stuart had plenty of time to make something with the puck, and he just coughed it up.

I have to agree that in the end it wasn't the main reason we lost. When you can't score more than 1 goal (2 games in a row!) despite having the most stacked team in salary cap history, you don't deserve to win.

I feel it was icing and technically play should have been halted. I also think a lot of icing calls are missed, and the Pens played Stuart's TO perfectly.

It was another pathetic call which may or may not have changed the game, the wings are a good enough team to overcome what they played against and they simply did not.

That said, I am not ordering center ice next year nor will I be traveling to watch any games. The officiating has ruined the sport for me to the point I may watch when it's free, but it is not a product worth paying for anymore, if the NHL wants me back along with the money I spend on tickets, jerseys, pucks, etc, etc, etc then it has to start offering a consistent product, I hate winning with what if's by the opossing team, I hate loosing even more and this series had a s*** load and that sucks far more than loosing.

There is a gray area by the red line, if you are "close" when you dump it you are fine. From what I saw he was close. I bet there was a similar play when the wings dumped it that didn't lead to a goal.

Couldn't agree more! Pens wanted it more. Even Pierre and Ed O. were saying DRW needed to get more players to front of net for rebounds popping out. Kind of looked like Bab's out smarted hiself and got confused on what lines were to play with who. Ver yout of control. Gigauire (sp?) from Anaheim next year? Bye Ozzy and Stuart! Hellmy - Show Stuart what hustle in the NHL is!

It was another pathetic call which may or may not have changed the game, the wings are a good enough team to overcome what they played against and they simply did not.

That said, I am not ordering center ice next year nor will I be traveling to watch any games. The officiating has ruined the sport for me to the point I may watch when it's free, but it is not a product worth paying for anymore, if the NHL wants me back along with the money I spend on tickets, jerseys, pucks, etc, etc, etc then it has to start offering a consistent product, I hate winning with what if's by the opossing team, I hate loosing even more and this series had a s*** load and that sucks far more than loosing.

Also no Center Ice next year for me

.................................Poorly maintained and out of date.

Guest Shoreline

Have to agree with all this. Regardless of the Wings winning the cup, losing the cup, or not even making the playoffs, this is what I had been thinking for a while.

Edited by Shoreline

I see that type wash out icing occur about a dozen times a period per game, nothing new. Simple fact is without offense this Wings team isn't very good. They gave up 240 goals (up almost 60 from the previous season) and their PK was one of the worst in the league. The turnover that resulted from the play is a result of the Wings poor defence, nothing more, nothing less.

Awww...Use excuses because your team lost. All teams have bad calls...don't watch sports if you are going to cry!

stuart probably feels worse

He played bad and should feel bad.

It's a shame because he was one of the players that really raised his game in the playoffs. But when it mattered the most, he brought out the very worse side of himself.

Awww...Use excuses because your team lost. All teams have bad calls...don't watch sports if you are going to cry!

Start to finish, this season's reffing has been horrible. The fact that the playoffs looked precap only add to it as well.

No suprise, after game 3, it was easy to see how the refs were going to call the series. Im not pissed, not angry but i lost a whole lot of interest in watching playoff hockey this year.

Ditto that thought. I'm pissed that the league felt they needed to put the whistle away and go back to allowing the obstruction penalties! Not sure I care to watch much more! Glad it's over for a while, maybe I will forget before next season starts!

Are you unable to read? Re-Read my 1st line. I made no excuses. If the Wings would have won a Pens fan would likely feel the same way. My comments have nothing to do with either team, but the NHL playoff product as a whole. Rule should be the same in playoff's as regular season and they need to come up with a way to make calls consistently. Again as my comments point out, I do not like Winning with a bunch of what if's any more than loosing with them.

Edited by talex

I'm not much for conspiracy theories.

However it did seem that Pittsburgh had a hell of a lot of icing waved off the entire series. Detroit also had a lot of questionable offsides called. Both are good ways for officials to influence the series without being to obvious that they are trying to help wear down the tired team.

That first goal last night not only was icing but Talbot hooked the s*** out of the dman and forced the turnover.

It is also true though that nothing excuses the way Detroit played in the last two games of the series.

Ehh I guess I'm just bitter.

I didn't even notice that it was icing until after they showed the replay and the announcers pointed it out. Yes, it was icing and the refs missed it, but that does not excuse the turnover, nor the overall poor performance the last 2 games. Aside from the opening shift of the 1st period, the Wings looked flaf-footed and out of gas, we were getting beat to loose pucks, we had no support on the rush, were outnumbered at the blue line entering the offensive zone, and the turnovers killed us for sure.

Couldn't agree more! Pens wanted it more. Even Pierre and Ed O. were saying DRW needed to get more players to front of net for rebounds popping out. Kind of looked like Bab's out smarted hiself and got confused on what lines were to play with who. Ver yout of control. Gigauire (sp?) from Anaheim next year? Bye Ozzy and Stuart! Hellmy - Show Stuart what hustle in the NHL is!

Firstly, Wings couldn't afford Giguere, even if they wanted him. (I'm thinking they DON'T).

Secondly? Giguere hasn't been the same since the NHL instituted the new restrictions on goaltending equipment.

You're off base on Stuart.

He had some bad moments, (alright....some VERY BAD moments), last night. Overall, he was solid this Post Season with Lids injured and Lilja out completely.

When it came down to crunch time, the Wings couldn't score. The HIGHEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NHL COULDN'T SCORE MORE THAN ONE GOAL PER GAME IN THE FINAL TWO GAMES OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS.

They FAILED to SHOW UP until it was too late.

Period.

The Red Jersey touched the puck like they were expecting the whistle, then the unexpected bad giveaway occurred. I think that bad goal ruined the game.

I understand bad (non)-calls happen, but HOW THE HELL does the linesman miss that? He was standing right there.

What is your feeling on the bad goal?

Just another bad call in an entire playoffs full of them. It's just really sad that the refs and linesmen picked for the finals are supposed to the best of the best, yet they called a very inconsistent series, letting numerous penalties go uncalled on both sides, especially interference and late hits as well as things like the icing goal and the offsides goal earlier in the series and the no-call on the too many men in Game 3. Tough pill to swallow, especially since we lost.

Hell, last year, even after we won the Cup, I was still fuming about all the sh!t the Pens got away with in the last few minutes of Game 6- Malone chopping Lilja's stick out of his hands, Dats getting taken down before he can make for the empty net, etc.

Firstly, Wings couldn't afford Giguere, even if they wanted him. (I'm thinking they DON'T).

Secondly? Giguere hasn't been the same since the NHL instituted the new restrictions on goaltending equipment.

You're off base on Stuart.

He had some bad moments, (alright....some VERY BAD moments), last night. Overall, he was solid this Post Season with Lids injured and Lilja out completely.

When it came down to crunch time, the Wings couldn't score. The HIGHEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NHL COULDN'T SCORE MORE THAN ONE GOAL PER GAME IN THE FINAL TWO GAMES OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS.

They FAILED to SHOW UP until it was too late.

Period.

Exactly. We reverted back to our regular season mentality of waiting until the task was near impossible and then hoping our offense could bail us out, which worked in the regular season, but not in the playoffs and not with the injuries to Dats, Lids, Raf, and Cleary that Holland talked about today, not to mention our generally sloppy, uninspired play- we just had too many turnovers and unforced errors to expect to come out smelling like roses

My feeling was that it was bulls***, and clearly indicative of the completely unprofessional officiating that plagues all teams in the NHL. If it weren't for my loyalty to the Red Wings, I would probably stop supporting the NHL altogether (not because of this specific instance or the loss, but because of the direction Bettman has been taking the NHL in for years).