Photo
- - - - -

What are your feelings on that Icing goal?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Greetings from Blueland

Greetings from Blueland

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

Strangely, I don't even feel the slightest bit cheated.

I have that "eh, too bad - you should have gotten it, anyway" feeling.
If you're ever feeling down, remember this: At least you're not the Thrashers!

#22 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hossa didn't score
Zetterberg didn't score
Datsyuk didn't score
Franzen didn't score
Lidstrom didn't score

That's why we lost the game. The non-icing call sucked, but whatever. Fleury played great, their defense was amazing. They deserved to win and we didn't.

#23 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

who gives a sh*t season is over. get on with it

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#24 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Stuart made the dumbassf****** play and cost us the goal, no excuses. Stuart is on my s***list for the entire summer.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#25 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Well did anyone notice that Stuart took that dumb penalty early in the game (when I really thought we were going to go down) then he turned over the puck to give up the first goal and then he made a bad pinch against the boards and left Kronwall back to fend for himself on the 2-on-1 for the 2nd goal. If we have anything to place blame on, I would say it was Brad Stuarts bad decisions tonight but there are a lot of factors that played into the Wings losing. We had 17 giveaways before the 3rd period. You cannot expect to win like that.

Posted Image

#26 lytmup68

lytmup68

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Firehawk @ June 12, 2009 - 10:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stuart made the dumbassf****** play and cost us the goal, no excuses. Stuart is on my s***list for the entire summer.

#27 lytmup68

lytmup68

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (skyphoenix @ June 12, 2009 - 10:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well did anyone notice that Stuart took that dumb penalty early in the game (when I really thought we were going to go down) then he turned over the puck to give up the first goal and then he made a bad pinch against the boards and left Kronwall back to fend for himself on the 2-on-1 for the 2nd goal. If we have anything to place blame on, I would say it was Brad Stuarts bad decisions tonight but there are a lot of factors that played into the Wings losing. We had 17 giveaways before the 3rd period. You cannot expect to win like that.

#28 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

It was my worst fear that something like that would play a big part in deciding the game. But Stuart had plenty of time to make something with the puck, and he just coughed it up.

I have to agree that in the end it wasn't the main reason we lost. When you can't score more than 1 goal (2 games in a row!) despite having the most stacked team in salary cap history, you don't deserve to win.

#29 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

I feel it was icing and technically play should have been halted. I also think a lot of icing calls are missed, and the Pens played Stuart's TO perfectly.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#30 talex

talex

Tom

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

It was another pathetic call which may or may not have changed the game, the wings are a good enough team to overcome what they played against and they simply did not.

That said, I am not ordering center ice next year nor will I be traveling to watch any games. The officiating has ruined the sport for me to the point I may watch when it's free, but it is not a product worth paying for anymore, if the NHL wants me back along with the money I spend on tickets, jerseys, pucks, etc, etc, etc then it has to start offering a consistent product, I hate winning with what if's by the opossing team, I hate loosing even more and this series had a s*** load and that sucks far more than loosing.

#31 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

There is a gray area by the red line, if you are "close" when you dump it you are fine. From what I saw he was close. I bet there was a similar play when the wings dumped it that didn't lead to a goal.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#32 lytmup68

lytmup68

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Couldn't agree more! Pens wanted it more. Even Pierre and Ed O. were saying DRW needed to get more players to front of net for rebounds popping out. Kind of looked like Bab's out smarted hiself and got confused on what lines were to play with who. Ver yout of control. Gigauire (sp?) from Anaheim next year? Bye Ozzy and Stuart! Hellmy - Show Stuart what hustle in the NHL is!

#33 lytmup68

lytmup68

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (talex @ June 12, 2009 - 10:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was another pathetic call which may or may not have changed the game, the wings are a good enough team to overcome what they played against and they simply did not.

That said, I am not ordering center ice next year nor will I be traveling to watch any games. The officiating has ruined the sport for me to the point I may watch when it's free, but it is not a product worth paying for anymore, if the NHL wants me back along with the money I spend on tickets, jerseys, pucks, etc, etc, etc then it has to start offering a consistent product, I hate winning with what if's by the opossing team, I hate loosing even more and this series had a s*** load and that sucks far more than loosing.

Also no Center Ice next year for me
.................................Poorly maintained and out of date.

#34 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (talex @ June 12, 2009 - 08:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have to agree with all this. Regardless of the Wings winning the cup, losing the cup, or not even making the playoffs, this is what I had been thinking for a while.

Edited by Shoreline, 12 June 2009 - 10:47 PM.

#35 lytmup68

lytmup68

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

Stuart...Let me send you my loaded gun and you just head down to your basement and we'll call someone for you in the morning!
ranting.gif

#36 Flamezfan

Flamezfan

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

I see that type wash out icing occur about a dozen times a period per game, nothing new. Simple fact is without offense this Wings team isn't very good. They gave up 240 goals (up almost 60 from the previous season) and their PK was one of the worst in the league. The turnover that resulted from the play is a result of the Wings poor defence, nothing more, nothing less.

#37 Lidstromrules16

Lidstromrules16

the best thing about life is knowing you put it together- T. Rez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

stuart probably feels worse

#38 teckaholic

teckaholic

TecKaHolic

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (talex @ June 12, 2009 - 11:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awww...Use excuses because your team lost. All teams have bad calls...don't watch sports if you are going to cry!
Best Current Rivalry in Hockey: Ducks vs. Red Wings!

#39 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Lidstromrules16 @ June 13, 2009 - 05:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stuart probably feels worse

He played bad and should feel bad.

It's a shame because he was one of the players that really raised his game in the playoffs. But when it mattered the most, he brought out the very worse side of himself.

#40 cirov19

cirov19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

I just wish Kronwall didn't hit the crossbar, or that Lidstrom could've tied it in the last second. Neither happened.

s*** happens.