Photo
- - - - -

What are your feelings on that Icing goal?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (teckaholic @ June 12, 2009 - 11:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww...Use excuses because your team lost. All teams have bad calls...don't watch sports if you are going to cry!

Start to finish, this season's reffing has been horrible. The fact that the playoffs looked precap only add to it as well.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#42 UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (tommingthepuck96 @ June 12, 2009 - 10:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No suprise, after game 3, it was easy to see how the refs were going to call the series. Im not pissed, not angry but i lost a whole lot of interest in watching playoff hockey this year.

Ditto that thought. I'm pissed that the league felt they needed to put the whistle away and go back to allowing the obstruction penalties! Not sure I care to watch much more! Glad it's over for a while, maybe I will forget before next season starts!

#43 talex

talex

Tom

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (teckaholic @ June 12, 2009 - 10:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awww...Use excuses because your team lost. All teams have bad calls...don't watch sports if you are going to cry!

Are you unable to read? Re-Read my 1st line. I made no excuses. If the Wings would have won a Pens fan would likely feel the same way. My comments have nothing to do with either team, but the NHL playoff product as a whole. Rule should be the same in playoff's as regular season and they need to come up with a way to make calls consistently. Again as my comments point out, I do not like Winning with a bunch of what if's any more than loosing with them.

Edited by talex, 13 June 2009 - 10:49 AM.

#44 tweekvp

tweekvp

^ A True Great ^

• Silver Booster
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

I'm not much for conspiracy theories.

However it did seem that Pittsburgh had a hell of a lot of icing waved off the entire series. Detroit also had a lot of questionable offsides called. Both are good ways for officials to influence the series without being to obvious that they are trying to help wear down the tired team.

That first goal last night not only was icing but Talbot hooked the s*** out of the dman and forced the turnover.

It is also true though that nothing excuses the way Detroit played in the last two games of the series.

Ehh I guess I'm just bitter.

Thats right it's Rollerderby.

#45 bonan78

bonan78

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

I didn't even notice that it was icing until after they showed the replay and the announcers pointed it out. Yes, it was icing and the refs missed it, but that does not excuse the turnover, nor the overall poor performance the last 2 games. Aside from the opening shift of the 1st period, the Wings looked flaf-footed and out of gas, we were getting beat to loose pucks, we had no support on the rush, were outnumbered at the blue line entering the offensive zone, and the turnovers killed us for sure.
Superman wears Steve Yzerman pajamas

Thanks TeeMan

#46 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (lytmup68 @ June 12, 2009 - 08:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Couldn't agree more! Pens wanted it more. Even Pierre and Ed O. were saying DRW needed to get more players to front of net for rebounds popping out. Kind of looked like Bab's out smarted hiself and got confused on what lines were to play with who. Ver yout of control. Gigauire (sp?) from Anaheim next year? Bye Ozzy and Stuart! Hellmy - Show Stuart what hustle in the NHL is!

Firstly, Wings couldn't afford Giguere, even if they wanted him. (I'm thinking they DON'T).

Secondly? Giguere hasn't been the same since the NHL instituted the new restrictions on goaltending equipment.

You're off base on Stuart.

He had some bad moments, (alright....some VERY BAD moments), last night. Overall, he was solid this Post Season with Lids injured and Lilja out completely.

When it came down to crunch time, the Wings couldn't score. The HIGHEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NHL COULDN'T SCORE MORE THAN ONE GOAL PER GAME IN THE FINAL TWO GAMES OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS.

They FAILED to SHOW UP until it was too late.

Period.

#47 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Snazzy @ June 12, 2009 - 09:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Red Jersey touched the puck like they were expecting the whistle, then the unexpected bad giveaway occurred. I think that bad goal ruined the game.

I understand bad (non)-calls happen, but HOW THE HELL does the linesman miss that? He was standing right there.

What is your feeling on the bad goal?

Just another bad call in an entire playoffs full of them. It's just really sad that the refs and linesmen picked for the finals are supposed to the best of the best, yet they called a very inconsistent series, letting numerous penalties go uncalled on both sides, especially interference and late hits as well as things like the icing goal and the offsides goal earlier in the series and the no-call on the too many men in Game 3. Tough pill to swallow, especially since we lost.

Hell, last year, even after we won the Cup, I was still fuming about all the sh!t the Pens got away with in the last few minutes of Game 6- Malone chopping Lilja's stick out of his hands, Dats getting taken down before he can make for the empty net, etc.

#48 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Outsider @ June 13, 2009 - 12:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firstly, Wings couldn't afford Giguere, even if they wanted him. (I'm thinking they DON'T).

Secondly? Giguere hasn't been the same since the NHL instituted the new restrictions on goaltending equipment.

You're off base on Stuart.

He had some bad moments, (alright....some VERY BAD moments), last night. Overall, he was solid this Post Season with Lids injured and Lilja out completely.

When it came down to crunch time, the Wings couldn't score. The HIGHEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NHL COULDN'T SCORE MORE THAN ONE GOAL PER GAME IN THE FINAL TWO GAMES OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS.

They FAILED to SHOW UP until it was too late.

Period.

Exactly. We reverted back to our regular season mentality of waiting until the task was near impossible and then hoping our offense could bail us out, which worked in the regular season, but not in the playoffs and not with the injuries to Dats, Lids, Raf, and Cleary that Holland talked about today, not to mention our generally sloppy, uninspired play- we just had too many turnovers and unforced errors to expect to come out smelling like roses

#49 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

Don't care. They won. What's done is done. Getting angry and indignant about it now won't change anything.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#50 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

My feeling was that it was bulls***, and clearly indicative of the completely unprofessional officiating that plagues all teams in the NHL. If it weren't for my loyalty to the Red Wings, I would probably stop supporting the NHL altogether (not because of this specific instance or the loss, but because of the direction Bettman has been taking the NHL in for years).