• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Wow, got to give props to Cleary, Rafalski, and Datsyuk. Especially with Babs saying that their injuries were serious enough that they wouldn't have played in the regular season. Rest up for next season, boys. Got to love their heart - and balls, if you will.

Speaking of balls, Lidstrom's injury is easily the weirdest one . Did anyone ever rewind a DVR and catch the play where he was "speared"? I don't want to presume anything without seeing the footage, but that doesn't sound like a common accidental injury. Whoever did it is lucky Downey wasn't on the ice, a la Ian Lapperiere wink.gif
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (PenaltyShot 96 @ June 13, 2009 - 08:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, got to give props to Cleary, Rafalski, and Datsyuk. Especially with Babs saying that their injuries were serious enough that they wouldn't have played in the regular season. Rest up for next season, boys. Got to love their heart - and balls, if you will.

Speaking of balls, Lidstrom's injury is easily the weirdest one . Did anyone ever rewind a DVR and catch the play where he was "speared"? I don't want to presume anything without seeing the footage, but that doesn't sound like a common accidental injury. Whoever did it is lucky Downey wasn't on the ice, a la Ian Lapperiere wink.gif

Sharp did it.

He knew Lilja and Kopecky (2 players who kicked his ass previously) weren't playing, so he tried to act real tough.

I hope next year PAIN TRAIN goes after Sharp again and feeds that ***** his lunch.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ June 13, 2009 - 06:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But how do you really feel about me newbie?

smile.gif

BTW, your description of me is a perfect description for your boy Hossa.

This is weak. You have, what, 12 months time here over him. And Hossa is pitiful and worthless? Come on. You really do seem to have issues.
*this space for rent*

#44 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ June 13, 2009 - 09:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sharp did it.

He knew Lilja and Kopecky (2 players who kicked his ass previously) weren't playing, so he tried to act real tough.

I hope next year PAIN TRAIN goes after Sharp again and feeds that ***** his lunch.

God, you make me vomit in my soul. You sound like an Avs fan circa 1999. What pisses me off more... you *want* to be seen that way.
*this space for rent*

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ June 13, 2009 - 09:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is weak. You have, what, 12 months time here over him. And Hossa is pitiful and worthless? Come on. You really do seem to have issues.

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ June 13, 2009 - 09:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God, you make me vomit in my soul. You sound like an Avs fan circa 1999. What pisses me off more... you *want* to be seen that way.

blink.gif

Did I run you off the road recently or something?

Your bipolar behavior gets kind of weird sometimes around here.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#46 wb517

wb517

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

Out of curiosity, will we ever find out what all the upper body/lower body injuries were that were suffered through the playoffs?
Was Datsyuk's problem really his foot?

#47 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

i read somewhere lids had surgery on his testi and raffi and pavel wouldnt confirm anything so far
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#48 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

http://www.letsgowin...h...t=0&start=0

Sig by TeeMan

#49 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

Homers Injury

Lids testi surgery
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#50 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (PROBIE4PREZ @ June 15, 2009 - 01:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for posting. I knew Homer didn't look like himself. I was afraid his age was catching up to him. Hopefully some rest does him good.

Lids: can't say enough about him.

#51 RedWings

RedWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

Thinking about it, our top 2 defensemen were playing injured.
That's pretty much impossible to win a series without your top 2 D. We can't blame the wings.

#52 XxGoWingsxX

XxGoWingsxX

I trust Pavel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (RedWings @ June 15, 2009 - 03:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking about it, our top 2 defensemen were playing injured.
That's pretty much impossible to win a series without your top 2 D. We can't blame the wings.

Yes we can. The d wasn't really the problem. We had 2 games to take the cup and our offense didn't show up. 1 goal 2 games in a row is unacceptable with all the offensive firepower we have. Not the D's fault, or ozzie's fault. The forwards didn't show up to play end of story.
I trust your daughter to Pavel, You should too!

#53 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Firehawk @ June 12, 2009 - 11:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mickey Redmond didn't come out and say the injuries but he mentioned the following players were very banged up:

Holmstrom
Cleary
Draper
Datsyuk
Lidstrom
Rafalski

He said none of them would even be playing if it weren't for the WCF.

I will be very interested to see what all of the injuries were.

And look how Cleary played. That's the kind of guy you want every time. Lids injury was terrifyingly painful from what I hear. Kudos to him too.

#54 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (XxGoWingsxX @ June 15, 2009 - 03:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes we can. The d wasn't really the problem. We had 2 games to take the cup and our offense didn't show up. 1 goal 2 games in a row is unacceptable with all the offensive firepower we have. Not the D's fault, or ozzie's fault. The forwards didn't show up to play end of story.

The reason that the offense wasn't scoring was that they were too tired spending too much time in the defensive zone not getting the puck out. I think the team defense was the issue.

#55 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (XxGoWingsxX @ June 15, 2009 - 01:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying to understand your logic here---the team had two games to win the cup, but they couldn't win, and that was the problem... and the fact that the team's top two defensemen were injured didn't make that victory less likely?

I don't get it.

Also, please note that defensemen play a vital part in offense.

#56 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

For anyone too lazy to click links like myself.

Rafalski - herniated disk in back, seperated shoulder

Cleary - severly pulled groin

Lidstrom - damaged testicles

Datsyuk - charlie horse, bad foot

Homer - hernia, bad foot, bad knee

Like that's some pretty big lifting there, too many injuries, not enough gas. They'll be back next year.

#NOMOREKINDL

#57 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

All of this made me shiver ...

"When I first saw the doctor in the morning, he asked me if I had any kids, and if I planned on having more kids," said Lidstrom, 39, who has four sons.
Two days earlier, the Blackhawks' Patrick Sharp had speared Lidstrom in his testicles. Lidstrom practiced the next day, which says something about the man; you don't have to be Allen Iverson to think speared testicles are a good reason to skip practice. But when Lidstrom woke up on the 24th, he was in too much pain to play. He needed surgery immediately. Now here was this doctor, telling Lidstrom he might emerge from anesthesia with one ********.
"He said he didn't know until he actually went in there and looked," Lidstrom said.

As Rosenberg notes, Andreas Lilja continues to have post-concussive headaches, and when three months pass without a respite from those symptoms, hockey players tend to worry whether they're ever going to play again; Kris Draper missed time with torn cartilage in his trachea, as well as a groin injury; Pavel Datsyuk dealt with both a bone bruise in his foot and a thigh contusion described as worse than the one he suffered during the 2006 playoffs against the Edmonton Oilers (and that Charley horse had to be lacerated--repeatedly--to prevent it from calcifying)

And yet, when I asked Lidstrom which Wings impressed him most with their toughness in the playoffs, the first name he mentioned was Dan Cleary. Lidstrom said Cleary had "two partial tears in his groin." Every stride on the ice must have been excruciating for Cleary. He played every game, scored 15 points and was plus-17.

Brian Rafalski told Rosenberg that, in addition to suffering from a herniated disc from his back, he suffered a separated left shoulder. His back injury gave him "tingles"

Overall, Lidstrom spoke with his usual mastery of understatement in discussing the Wings' injuries (take note that Henrik Zetterberg has yet to admit that he played through a wrist injury and other ailments that deemed him a "70%" status from Mickey Redmond)

source

#58 Zack is Great

Zack is Great

Bigger Goal Bob, Mike owes me money.

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:33 AM

Jesus. I'm honestly suprised we went as far and gave Pittsburgh a good as a run as we did with those injuries.

#59 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Detroit # 1 Fan @ June 16, 2009 - 03:51AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For anyone too lazy to click links like myself.

Rafalski - herniated disk in back, seperated shoulder

Cleary - severly pulled groin

Lidstrom - damaged testicles

Datsyuk - charlie horse, bad foot

Homer - hernia, bad foot, bad knee

Like that's some pretty big lifting there, too many injuries, not enough gas. They'll be back next year.

Seriously. Add Draper, Kopecky and Lilja to that list, and I can't believe the team managed to get one win away from the cup. After reading all this, I hope no one is doubting this teams willingness to put their heart, soul and body into winning games anymore.

#60 Pavrik Zettersyuk

Pavrik Zettersyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:04 AM

Makes me proud.