• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgi

How sad are you at the moment?

Rate this topic

The team that won deserved to win tonight. I feel crappy, about the same as the loss to the Ducks in 07. I'll be fine tomorrow and will move on.

Actually I think I was more sad and upset when we lost to the Ducks in '07 than I am right now.

After that 2nd goal I just threw my hands up. I didn't know what else to do... and then I laughed. A lot. Like a mentally unstable hysteria.. And bless my husband's heart, when he thought we scored off that crossbar I just laughed even louder.

Ahh wings.. we need to post a clock in your bench that always reads it's 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Then maybe you'll play all game long.. :lol:

Not as bad as i expected, and i dont know why..

I feel the same. I'm more mad than sad. Probably because we came off a cup win last year. And, this year we went as far as we could go to repeat and lost.

I'm so mad at Stuart right now...

I don't undedrstand what the problem was all series and the same in Anaheim with clearing the damn puck.

Not as sad as I will be when the pro-Penguins media and sentiments increase ten-fold.

Sad, sick, disgusted, etc...the night is always darkest before dawn, right? I wish we had at least put up a better fight. :closedeyes:

I'll be alright by the time the next season starts.

Edited by PenaltyShot 96

Honestly had the Wings not won the cup last year I'd be devastated. Maybe if we lost in a sweep or were dominated it'd be different as well, but I'm proud of my team.

However, we literally came about as close as you can get to winning it this year so I like what that shows me with this team and I dare any of you to tell me any good reason the Wings can't be back next year.

I feel disappointed as a fan this year, i started losing interest after game 3 in chicago. So disgusting to watch some of these games not only this series but round 2, and WC. Its not really an angry feeling its more like an annoying feeling. I honestly feel that the leauge and the rest of the hockey world wanted no part in the wings winning the cup again..

I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. It's probably because the Pens out played the Wings tonight. And their defence was better then ours the last few games. But I know I would have been pissed if we played a typical out played, out shot the other team and still lose type of game.

But we have a great team, and we'll be back better, younger and hungrier next season.

Thanks Detroit for another great season, can't win them all!!!

It's not as bad as I thought it would be either. I think it's for a couple reasons too...

1. When we didn't win game 6, I was pretty uneasy about this game to begin with, knew it could go either way.

2. Seeing the team dial in alot of this series, especially this game, i think took some of my emotions out of it. Oh yah and I was pretty much preparing for it since the second pitts goal went in. I was pretty stunned and upset then, by the end though, I had pretty much accepted it I guess.

If I am sad about anything, its not having any hockey to watch for the next 3+ months until preseason starts up. The Pens were the better team in this game once again. It was painful to watch the Wings piss that game away, but the Pens were hungrier for that cup and they deserved it. I applaud the Pens for a hard fought series and a well deserved win.

Could be worse. I didn't see the last 2 or 3 second or anything after that. It helps that I'm no longer where I watched the game and there's a bunch of people at my house that don't even know what hockey is let alone what happened today.

I'm pissed off but I can't really be that mad. The Red Wings were outplayed by the Penguins. What do you expect when that happens?

I'm sure it'll hurt a lot more tomorrow morning.

I think the hardest thing for me is, this team had a chance to be something special. Granted, no one can take away their 4 cups in 11 years. But to go back to back for a second time, they could have become immortals. Now, this team is just another one and done when you look at the record books.

I was really devastated as soon as the clocked ticked over to 0.

Now i'm kinda like a father whose child has done something wrong, I'm not upset. Just disappointed.

Its gonna be hard walking around and seeing all of the Penguins Stanley Cup merchandise.

Constant reminders everywhere of how disappointing it is that such a talented team couldn't bring enough effort in the 2 games that mattered most.

Having said all that at least i won't be walking around getting progressively more nervous as the next game approaches.

In a way its like a huge weight has been lifted.

Offseason will be interesting, thats for sure.

It feels weird but I'm handling it ok. not happy but it's not as bad as I thought since they just barely beat an injured Wings team. Not having Datsyuk in the lineup for majority series seemed to edge it towards the Pens. If Datsyuk was in the lineup for the games in Pittsburgh guaranteed the Wings would we celebrating last week in Detroit.

Im pretty upset right now. Going to miss some of the players we are probably going to lose.

Im also very upset that it had to be the Pens who beat us at the Joe. Now we get to see pictures of Cindy skating around with the cup for the next 10 years on OUR home ice.

Im very happy for Bylsma though. He seems like a classy guy and a hell of a good coach! Congrats.

We all follow the 82 game season and then go through all the same ups and downs with the team. It's hard not to be really upset.

I have tried to not allow myself to get so wrapped up with this team in the playoffs, simply becasue it's better for my health (lol) but it's so hard to detach yourself when you start getting into the 3rd and 4th rounds.