• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgi

How sad are you at the moment?

Rate this topic

The worst part is getting texts and messages from people who don't even like hockey, mocking me at the depth of my sorrow. I can handle it if it's coming from a person I can respect as a fellow fan, but when some random person sends me something like "hahaha omg red wings suck how does it feel to lose to crosby rofl?" Come on. You don't even watch hockey. Leave me alone.

At least I can be proud that I'm that Red Wings fanatic on everyone's contact list, eh?

I had the same thing happen to me. While I was bawling my eyes out, my niece texted me saying that her husband said "go pens." I sent her one back saying "tell him I'm crying right now." The next thing I know, she's apologizing. Yes, I take it THAT seriously. And like you, I just wanted them to leave me alone.

And I've got news for my stupid bro-in-law that doesn't even watch hockey. He says ONE word, he's losing a body part.

I think I would've been a lot worse if we had lost 2-0. I'm not sad at all now, I'm just excited. Excited now that we're even, and if, by the off-chance it happens, we meet each other for the cup next year.. Oh, boy.

At times like these, I wonder if being a fan is worth it.

There is something inherently illogical and masochistic about being a sports fan. You have absolutely zero control or affect on the outcome of the game, and, statistically, a very low chance of seeing your team achieve their goals at beginning of each season.

Being a fan of football in Michigan (Lions, Wovlerines), my friend and I talk about this alot. Those teams never bring us anything but heartbreak -- either from reaching the summit and then falling off, or never even getting to the base of the mountain to begin with -- and yet we tune in and watch and love our team and put our hopes on the line every year. It's nonsense and it's stupid, but here we are.

At least the Wings, more often than most other teams, give us something to cheer about when the whole day's done.

Guest Four

I'm taking the only positive out of this so I don't /suicide for fear of humiliation.

HOSSA DIDN'T WIN AND HE DIDN'T DESERVE IT, f*** HIM! :D

I had the same thing happen to me. While I was bawling my eyes out, my niece texted me saying that her husband said "go pens." I sent her one back saying "tell him I'm crying right now." The next thing I know, she's apologizing. Yes, I take it THAT seriously. And like you, I just wanted them to leave me alone.

And I've got news for my stupid bro-in-law that doesn't even watch hockey. He says ONE word, he's losing a body part.

LMAO !!!

I already posted on my Facebook that woofers will be deleted. They think I'm joking. I'm not. The worse is the daughter of one of my friends who two days ago couldn't name one person on the Pens named not named Sidney Crosby, now going on about "her Pens."

And I deleted her "ha-ha" comment. I meant it when I said I wasn't kidding.

Edited by ChicksDigScars

Well how does it feel? ;)

It blows. Much like Crosby.

Haha I am the same way. My smart friends know that if they say anything to me right now my reply will be geared to make them feel as horrible as I do.

Not at all, I'm still infact looking at buying a new jersey....

Nice. I got a Osgood t-shirt off EBay last week, I'm still waiting for it, but I'll wear it out as soon as I get it. I'm so proud of the guy for the post season he had.

When the ducks got eliminated I was like ahh damn.. but I was not THAT sad because of what they accomplished.. same right now I was like damn that sucks when the wings lost.. but they accomplished so much. Sure it was not the end result I wanted but at the same you have to be happy for what they accomplished this year.

Glass is half full.. :)

You are awesome. Even if you are a Ducks fan.. ;)

I'm proud the Wings made it as far as they did. Sucks to lose, but, honestly, we have a GREAT team that wins more than most teams. GO WINGS.

im sad, but this is not even close to my worst all time playoff losses as a fan. i thought it would be. i started watching sports in 85 and from 1985-2001, 3 teams a season i had never won a title. Thats almost 60 seasons! When finally the Wings gave me my first one in 2002, and then another last year, im not too upset. I love this team, im just sad they didnt become immortal. I wanted Babcock to become Scotty Bowman like. He is my all time fav. I hope he is the coach here for the next 10 years. Also, I still want Hossa, I feel real bad for him. I still appreciate that he took less money to come here, and if he signs long term I'll buy his jersey.

As soon as the handshake line was over, I popped in last years win, and im going to watch 2002. Then im going to pop in that Wings DVD box set with all of the best games, and I'll be fine.

I just want to say I love this place, and I look forward to the game threads during the regular seasons, even the ones in the dog days of the season on saturday afternoon in Buffallo or playing the Islanders.

see you next year

Nice. I got a Osgood t-shirt off EBay last week, I'm still waiting for it, but I'll wear it out as soon as I get it. I'm so proud of the guy for the post season he had.

I'm thinking going old school though Larionov or Konstantinov with a 97 cup patch :P

On a lighter note, someone on 4chan suggested a drawing of Crosby and Zetterberg playing keepaway with the Cup with Hossa chasing. I actually laughed.

The worst part is getting texts and messages from people who don't even like hockey, mocking me at the depth of my sorrow. I can handle it if it's coming from a person I can respect as a fellow fan, but when some random person sends me something like "hahaha omg red wings suck how does it feel to lose to crosby rofl?" Come on. You don't even watch hockey. Leave me alone.

At least I can be proud that I'm that Red Wings fanatic on everyone's contact list, eh?

I got a text message about a minute after the horn went from a friend who's a Leafs fan saying, "Your team lost the game". My response was, "Your team never makes it to the game".

I'm still alive. Haven't cried either. In fact there was a higher chance of me crying if we won than lost.

Life goes on ... ahhh how I wish it was that easy.

It's not the loss that sucks - just the circumstances.

I'm alright.

Next year.

im actually surprised i havent punched walls yet, but ive never shed this many tears not even earlier this year when my grama left this world which is so close to me, im just sitting here asking god why did he steal 2 valuble things from me already this year, this day is always gonna be in my mind the worst day of my life, n being a hardcore wings fan from vancouver bc im gonna hear it all summer, and probably end up breakin alot of noses..... but i hope this is a wake up call for the team i feel real bad for zetterberg ozzie n hossa the most n lidstrom

There is something inherently illogical and masochistic about being a sports fan. You have absolutely zero control or affect on the outcome of the game, and, statistically, a very low chance of seeing your team achieve their goals at beginning of each season.

Being a fan of football in Michigan (Lions, Wovlerines), my friend and I talk about this alot. Those teams never bring us anything but heartbreak -- either from reaching the summit and then falling off, or never even getting to the base of the mountain to begin with -- and yet we tune in and watch and love our team and put our hopes on the line every year. It's nonsense and it's stupid, but here we are.

At least the Wings, more often than most other teams, give us something to cheer about when the whole day's done.

That's what's so messed up about it. My brother and I have been hardcore Wings fans for 20 years now. And we talked about it before game 7 against Anaheim and agreed that no matter what happens, from an objective perspective, we've been spoiled compared to any other hockey fans over the last 15 years. We know that to be the truth. Yet every year we expect and demand our team win. Of course it's irrational and illogical to think they will win every year, but whether it's a loss in the first round or the finals, we are both angry and disappointed when it happens, and probably to an unhealthy degree. It's insane, and we know it's insane, but it doesn't make losing any easier to take.

Edited by TheUltimateWingsFan

This is why I am a Wings fan, but also a hockey fan. I enjoy watching hockey from preseason all the way to the finals. If the Wings aren't on, I watch another team. I have more than a few favorite teams to watch if the Wings aren't on. Lots of good hockey out there. Plus, next season I will have season tickets to the Grand Rapids Griffins!

That being said, the Wings are fun to watch and have been since I became a fan of hockey back in 1995. Watching them win the last 4 cups have been a great treat as a fan of the team. That being said, as a hockey fan I have to congratulate the Pens on a hard fought series. It came down to the Pens being hungrier for the cup. I won't loose sleep over it tonight. I will however miss the glow I had last season from seeing the Wings win the cup.

You are right, being a sports fan is really illogical and masochistic. You have no control over the team, but you so desperately want them to win. This is why I started playing hockey in 1998 for the first time. I never skated before and here I was strapping on the goalie pads to play my first game. I didn't want to be one of these armchair fans. I wanted to play and enjoy the game of hockey. Tonight, the Wings lost the Stanley Cup and I am sad. In 5 weeks I will be playing in my rec league hockey playoffs and I will be motivated to win a championship. I guess if you play the game, you have a whole new appreciation for the sport. Which is why I was upset when the Pens won, but as a fan of the sport, thats just the way the puck bounces. Someone has to lose. Someone has to win.

Its actually quite sobering to read the posts on this forum. No one is blaming the reffing or a league conspiracy. I thought if the Pens won I would be seeing that. Instead, the fans as a whole acknowledge that the Wings played like crap the last two games and were obviously not as hungry as the Pens. It takes a true fan of the game to see beyond team bias and make statements like that.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
I got a text message about a minute after the horn went from a friend who's a Leafs fan saying, "Your team lost the game". My response was, "Your team never makes it to the game".

rofl @ this...and its so true...

sometimes i look at the words Toronto Maple Leafs and wonder..who and what the hell are they?! lol

i have twitter on my phone and since the final horn ive gotten non stop texts..all i wanna do is go to bed! but i cant help but check

ol