• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgi

How sad are you at the moment?

Rate this topic

I'm feeling a bit down but the funny thing is I've felt this way since they lost game 6. I just had a bad feeling going into this game. To me game 6 was their chance to put this series away. I expected Datsyuk and Hossa to rise to the occasion in game 6 and they failed to do so. Pittsburgh played harder and more desperate winning 4 out of the last 5 and deserved this title. There is always next year!

GO WINGS!!!

As a Packers fan, I was just reminded of what it felt like to see them win the Super Bowl, come back to the big game the next year as defending champs, and have Horseface Elway finally win a Super Bowl at my team's expense (and have to listen to the media fall all over him for the entire off season). The sight of him celebrating in slow motion and his freaking windmill diving touchdown still pisses me off to this day.

It's going to be like that for me, again, except Horseface is going to be replaced with Pubic Beard.

Is this Groundhog Day, or something?

Oh, I sympathize. I never liked Elway. Seeing him finally win a Super Bowl pissed me off, too.

It reminds me of how I felt after the Yankees choked in the 2004 ALCS. They went up 3-0 on the Red Sox. Game 3 saw the Yanks win 19-8. You think they'd come back out there in Game 4 and win, right? HA! Their offense didn't show up for the next 4 games, and they lost to the Sox in 7. At home. The Sox went on to win the World Series that year, ending their 80+ year championship drought. Knowing that they beat the Yanks to get there was even more painful. My Sox fan friends reminded me of this every chance they got.

This was also the season that brought A-Rod to the Yankees. The media around here does NOTHING but fawn over this guy and he's done nothing to help the team. Since A-Fraud came to the Yanks, they've suffered the worst playoff collapse in baseball history, eliminated in the ALDS 3 straight years, and failed to make the playoffs last year. And my family & friends thought I was crazy when I said A-Rod was a jinx.

Right now, I'm not sure who I hate more: A-Fraud or Pubic Beard (or Chia Pet, the nickname we gave him during the ECF).

Off topic, but best of luck to the Packers next season.

Edited by WingsFanInNJ

Anyone who's looking forward to next year - Remember, this Wings team has not exactly had a lot of time off during the past three seasons. Western Finals (six games) in '07, then participation in back-to-back Stanley Cup Finals. If you think they'll have enough in their tank to make it to the second round in 2010, you're freakin' insane!

Trust me, don't go into the season with high expectations. This year's success was an aberration, even though it was a failure by Wings standards.

i would rather of lost this game, than lose game 7 to the f***s, I mean Ducks. And to learn today that Pronger got traded to one of the worst teams in the league makes this not such a bad day.

and yeah, croby now has 1 cup. Some of our players have 4, so nice one kid, you still got alot more to win to get to our league.

and i will agree with some of you, Dan Balsma is a nice guy, im happy for him. (only him, f*** the rest of them)

Defintely less depressed than I thought I would be. I feel pretty lucky to have seen my guys win 4 cups (how many others can say that about their team?) We can't win them all, but we can win most. :D Looking forward to next season!

Defintely less depressed than I thought I would be. I feel pretty lucky to have seen my guys win 4 cups (how many others can say that about their team?) We can't win them all, but we can win most. :D Looking forward to next season!

Pretty damn depressed and disgusted right now, it's gonna be real hard to fall asleep; I think the only thing that could've been worse is if we had lost 1-0 in OT, that would have been even sh!ttier, but losing 2-1 on home ice with the Cup on the line is bad enough- but in the end the Pens were the hungrier and more fortunate team, and you need those two things going for you

And yes it is nice to be able to fall back on our previous Cup wins, we need only think back to the previous spring, and I hope we make the right moves to re-load for another run next year!

I'm ill..... remember when we won the Cup last season and instead of receiving deserved advertisement, we suffered through ad after ad of Pro-Penguins, Pro-Crosby bulls***? Now the league has finally gotten what it wanted, a legion of the novice fans, claiming after-the-fact allegiances to a team that they see on their Gatorade bottles and TV commercials.

Its so frustrating to watch a team that was in Pheniox Coyotes like trouble and earned nothing before the NHL decided that by marketing alone, it would CREATE a franchise worth a damn.

Welcome to the NBA....

What's gonna kill me is that the media will make it feel like the Penguins negated our cup last year, that they got "revenge." It's gonna be awful.

Maybe this Pens team got revenge for now, but it's still only 1-1 for our teams now in recent years. This win doesn't take anything from what happened last year.. you got one on our ice and now we got one on yours. All we need now is to see the tie breaker next year!

I'm ill..... remember when we won the Cup last season and instead of receiving deserved advertisement, we suffered through ad after ad of Pro-Penguins, Pro-Crosby bulls***? Now the league has finally gotten what it wanted, a legion of the novice fans, claiming after-the-fact allegiances to a team that they see on their Gatorade bottles and TV commercials.

Its so frustrating to watch a team that was in Pheniox Coyotes like trouble and earned nothing before the NHL decided that by marketing alone, it would CREATE a franchise worth a damn.

Welcome to the NBA....

OK.. I know you're in pain but that's just stupid.

I really took it alot easier than I thought I would... When Talbot got that 2nd goal I looked right at my friend and said "game over...." I think deep down we all knew it was over... But like I said before I went down with the ship and watched till coverage was over and really wasn't that sad seing crysby hold the cup... I mean come on, it was going to happen eventually..

I don't feel bad at all. They should have a parade anyway.

I am sad, but I agree about the parade anyway! Even up here in Kodiak AK there are more Pens & Chicago fans then there are Wings fans...but we went to dinner afterwards wearing our jerseys, hats, and hoodies proud! We got weird looks...but ya know what....just because the Wings lost doesn't mean their not a great team and I will support them and wear their colors proud WIN or LOSE!!!!

Whatever, they should have won eight - at least.

I wish we didn't have all these damn European players who don't care about Stanley.

:blink: those "damn europeans" won us the cup last year. our captain is a "damn european" I can understand how you're hating hossa, but as for those "damn europeans," what the hell is the matter with you?

I posted this in another thread but should have put it here, it fits better.

The future is bright indeed. Look at all we learned about guys like Helm, Abdelkader, Ericksson, and Leino going forward. Baptized under fire and they played well. The core of this team is wicked strong AND we have the best front office in the NHL to help get the pieces to keep us playing for the Cup going forward.

So, my fellow Red Wings nation, I say to you:

:blink: those "damn europeans" won us the cup last year. our captain is a "damn european" I can understand how you're hating hossa, but as for those "damn europeans," what the hell is the matter with you?

I just read that one, as I like to read backwards and though the same exact damn thing....THANKS for saying it for me, I think ive called enough people MORONS tonight, so I'm glad you had a reply for that!

I'm devastated. I had not cried like this since I had a really serious reason for it. I even stayed away from the forum for two years, thinking that was my particular karma, but it didn't work. I can just imagine how you people feel over there, but I assure you that staying up all night for 20+ games to watch Cindy raise the cup is absolutely excruciating. I won't by myself for a couple of days...

I'm not that sad. Honestly, I never would have thought the Wings would make it this far to begin with; not because they don't have the talent, or the goaltending, but because finding the desire to win back-to-back Cups, no matter how good a team you are, is tough. There's a reason why it hasn't been done in over 10 years. The Wings are a much better team than Pittsburgh, in my opinion, but Pittsburgh had more desire... and that's what put them over the top. I expected that to happen going into this series (and sometimes, preparing yourself for disappointment early is not always a bad thing).

I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to jump off a bridge or anything over this. If anything, a tough loss like this might light a fire under the Wings for next season, and they could be right back there again. In fact, I believe they will be, because the Wings are still a damn good team.

I've read a lot here...but this is my first post...I really felt the need to vent. I'm a whole plethora of emotions right now. I'm angry because it felt like we were in the driver's seat twice in the series (up 2-0 and up 3-2) and both times we let Pittsburgh string back-to-back wins right afterwards...it was almost like we let our foot off their throats and didn't show the same killer instinct that a team needs to show to win the Cup. I'm angry because, although I believe we were by far the most talented and deep team in the playoffs, Pittsburgh legitimately outplayed us in the four games they won, and I feel that shouldn't happen to a team as talented as the Wings.

What makes it even worse for me is that I live in Colorado (at least until I go back to college) and so all these damn Avs fans who have had nothing to cheer about hockey-wise for 2 months are coming out of the woodwork to give me crap about this (I'm a very vocal Wings fan). Hell, some of them called me DURING game 6 after Pittsburgh's first goal. Thank God the Avalanche suck, or else this would REALLY be bad...but the only way I think I could feel any worse about this is if we lost to the Ducks or the Avalanche. The nation's crushes on Malkin and Crosby are sickening (hell, the announcers couldn't get Crosby's balls out of their mouths long enough to even...well...announce...all they did was talk about his absence in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals...) and I'm sure we will see even more bandwagon fans for the Pens than we already have.

I'm also hopeful though...because I hope this will light a fire under their asses...sometimes the greatest teams need to lose to become even greater. Maybe next year we can have a beautiful run and beat the Ducks, Avs, and Pens on our way to another Stanley Cup.

Feeling worse now than earlier. I went out with some friends who don't even know what hockey is and all the bars and what not had ESPN on and I had to see Crosby hoisting the Cup which is something I did not see happen live. That made it all the more real. I'll get over it I guess, but it sucks.

It's terrible. What is so painful is that a healthy wings team would have beaten this pens team in 5.

Ducks >>> Pens

We still have a great shot for next years, but hell the waiting will be long till next year playoffs.

I want some great trades by Holland, only thing that can cheer us up now.

Feel bad because it was a long season, but I think back to the greatness of this team. All the other times I've witnessed the Wings raise the cup, from Vernon to Drake last year and its not as bad.

Edited by SiLkK19