• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgi

How sad are you at the moment?

Rate this topic

It's terrible. What is so painful is that a healthy wings team would have beaten this pens team in 5.

Ducks >>> Pens

We still have a great shot for next years, but hell the waiting will be long till next year playoffs.

I want some great trades by Holland, only thing that can cheer us up now.

That's what's so sad, I honestly think fatigue was the main reason behind the loss. Had we been healthy and fit I honestly believe we would've won.

Just wasn't to be. I'm shattered.

Last night I watched the final seconds, the final save, the celebration, and the handshakes, but I stopped short of watching Bettman's smug face as he handed the cup to his favorite son. Couldn't stomach that. However I wasn't kicking myself..."Oh no, Draper and Lidstrom don't get a thumb ring. Big deal." I told myself.

But this morning, I'm sick. Angry. There's a little confusion in it. Yes, the point of the game is to score more goals than the other team, and the Pens did so four times this series, but I cannot shake the feeling that the Wings beat themselves. Injuries, fatigue, hangover...mere excuses for just not trying hard enough. Toughest loss I've ever watched, I think. I don't care how many other championships there are. That was game seven of the Stanley Cup Final and they just didn't try hard enough. The only consolation for that is time, the promise of a decent season next year, and perhaps a couple more beers tonight.

I think I was more numb last night. Feeling a lot more upset this morning. You only get so many opportunities to take the Cup and we were in control of this series twice. To let it slip away is eating me up.

I think I was more numb last night. Feeling a lot more upset this morning. You only get so many opportunities to take the Cup and we were in control of this series twice. To let it slip away is eating me up.

That's what hurts so much, we were SO close to another Cup, to back-to-back Cups. What an oppertunity. :(

Not sad at all. A little disappointed, but I didn't expect them to go back-to-back anyway. I knew after game 6 that they were going to lose game 7. I could just feel it. So I had time to prepare myself.

The dominant feeling I have now is relief. Relieved that I don't have to stress out about watching the Wings in the playoffs anymore! It was another great playoff run and the Wings are poised to be a Cup favorite next year again. Hard to get too down knowing that.

GO WINGS!!!!

Last night I was feeling empty, and trying to not let it bother me. the attitude of " Youe Win some, You lose some"

This moring I feel like the weather outside just blah., gray and raining. The Wings will always represent the finest in the NHL and they will be right back in the Finals again. It wasent meant to be, Dwelling on it will only makes it worse.

everyone should just think of the positive future this team will have. We have the best front oficef and owner in sports.

GO WINGS!

Edited by tdinc

Guest Murph

Last night, I took it pretty well.

After looking through these threads today on LGW.com, it started to sink in, and became pretty depressing

So what's the best solution to sadness...Why turning it into anger of course. So, I proceeded to go over to LetsgoPens.com to view the hubris.

Here's some quote worthy statements:

"I say screw the red wings and their fans. sorry, but your clutch and grab entitled garbage didn't steal you a cup this year. too bad. go play with some dead animals and watch your winless football team." - larry

"the red wings are a dirty team with classless fans. it's going to be a long day at work on monday for those red wings fans...oh..wait..." - dogwithshftyeyes

"if lidstrom retires, the wings are done playing in the finals. rafalski's wearing down. stuart and kronwall are only good in their own end because of the forwards they play with. lebda and erikson are fine, but without lidstrom being the glue and without a capable goalie, this team will struggle." - shmenguin

They said rebuilding our team after 2002 was impossible, we did it.

They said our team would never survive the salary cap..We thrived.

The said a team couldn't win with a European captain, we did.

I think this is appropriate for the Pittsburgh Penguin fans:

For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars

enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. The conqueror rode

in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before

him. And a slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and

whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting."

(From: "Patton")

Next year, The Empire Strikes Back.

Edited by Murph

Guest mindfly

I'm not sad at all tbh... i never watched anything after the horn went off... i never saw a penguins player with the cup.. i think that's good, just to ignore everything that happend afterwards if you wanna move on as fast as possible.

I feel fine today. Did some chores, went grocery shopping, ate a piece of chocolate cheesecake I bought at said store.....the loss sucks and it's going to suck until we win again next season, but there's worse things in this world to be depressed over and considering all that's going on in my family right now re: my dad's health......getting emo about this would make me look ridiculous in the grand scheme of things.

Whatever, they should have won eight - at least.

I wish we didn't have all these damn European players who don't care about Stanley.

Who are you? Go home and get off these boards.

Hossa is a human who let pressure get to him along with every other player. Doesnt mean he isnt a great hockey player still and I sure hope we sign him long term in the off season...

Upset, disappointed, very angry it was the pens, but whatever, in roster terms, this is the best thing that could've happened!

Hollnd will now be forced to evaluate this team and make changes. Hossa is supposedly all but signed, so that doesn't leave much unless (and since we've lost the Cup, this canbe a little easier)

Trade one Stuart, Kronwall or Rafaski (I know, No Trade Clause, but that can be wroked around)

Somehow convince Maltby and Draper to retire.

Let Hudler pursue his options elsewhere, part ways with Sammy, Chelios, McCarty, Conlkin (due to Howard havingto clear waivers.)

re-sign Kopecky, Hossa & Leino. Bring up Helm, Abdelkader, Ericsson permanently. Maybe I am the minority, but we need (and needed) Aaron Downey up here this playoff and next season. Re-sign him....

However it needs to be done, but some changes are needed. Say what you want about getting as far a we did, but we got kicked around by Anaheim.

If we cannot trade one of those D-Men, then we are in a world of hurt (unless Draper and Maltby retire.) That would still alllow us to sign Hossa, Kopecky, Leino & Downey and bring up Howard, Helm, Ericsson & Abdelkader.

That is the reason we lost, whatever they say, our old men were tired. Draper, Maltby, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Sammy. That is why I am mostly mad, sad, etc... I know we won with that lineup last time and that was pretty much the reason Babcock didn't tweak it too much, but NOW is the time for NEW hunger. Time to give the Griffins their entire season! Put Meech in there permanently.

Maybe Holmstrom will retire too, maybe we can actually trade one of D-Men for a player instead of picks, but whatever, I am sad,but excited to see what comes next! Go Wings! Bring on draft day!

Oddly enough, right after it happened, I wasn't feeling all too bad. Had some brief light-hearted conversations with both Wings and Penguins fans for a brief while after the game which kept me thinking about it.

Went home, I woke up early in the morning and couldn't fall back asleep and started thinking about it and was a bit bitter.

I'm bummed still but life goes on, I'm dealing, got plenty other stuff that's bugging me right now more important than watching my favorite sports team so...

I know we didn't win the Cup.

But I can't help but be proud of this team. We nearly pulled off a repeat (nearly impossible in today's era).

And if it weren't for some of the horrific injuries our star players had I believe we would have done it.

Give me even a 70% Lidstrom and Datsyuk for all 7 games, and we win this thing.

With the exception of one or two players, I think everyone gave 100% and did all they could. We were just too banged up and physically & mentally exhausted.

I hope the boys can rest up and try to enjoy their summer. It'll be a long road next year after playing so much hockey over the past 3 seasons.

See you in September!

it sucks when you see the Pens do all the things with the cup so far. Quickly turned to the Tigers but the Tigers played the Pirates in Pittsburgh this weekend and what do they do sunday...they honor their pengiuns and show off the cup. AGGGGHHH!!

I got one obnoxious co-worker at work who repeatedly reminds me that he picked the Pens to win and that last friday's game was the best hockey game he ever saw. I gave him little credit and said "Pittsburgh played good, they deserved the cup and crap.....the puck just didnt go in for the wings". But everyday he reminds me about the Pens and how great Sidney is. I think its only fair that by the end of the summer, I at least beat him up once.

it sucks when you see the Pens do all the things with the cup so far. Quickly turned to the Tigers but the Tigers played the Pirates in Pittsburgh this weekend and what do they do sunday...they honor their pengiuns and show off the cup. AGGGGHHH!!

I got one obnoxious co-worker at work who repeatedly reminds me that he picked the Pens to win and that last friday's game was the best hockey game he ever saw. I gave him little credit and said "Pittsburgh played good, they deserved the cup and crap.....the puck just didnt go in for the wings". But everyday he reminds me about the Pens and how great Sidney is. I think its only fair that by the end of the summer, I at least beat him up once.

Do you still live in Michigan? We could form a posse. :)

Do you still live in Michigan? We could form a posse. :)

Yes i do. By Port Huron.

Everyone at work wants to beat him up anyway so I would probably get people to look the other way.

We got to wear our hockey shirts last friday. He was the only one in a pens sweater.