• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mru22

Good Fans

Rate this topic

I thought that was pretty classy how the fans applauded Mario when he held up the cup. In a lot of sports like Philly Eagles you dont see that same respect in fact its quite the opposite.

Thank you for the ones who are not schmucks.

Congrats to the Pens they deserved it no doubt.

Edited by mru22

It's Hockeytown baby...what do you expect! :-)

Even though we compete and hate each other during the season/playoffs....we all love hockey and share in the dream of Lord Stanley's Cup.

I think more sports leaders should be humble like our captain, Lidstrom.

I changed the channel as soon as the horn sounded, so I didn't see a thing.

I actually prefer it that way, thanks.

Yup until october I stay away from the NHL network knowing how it kills me bacsuse I love that channel. I stay away from NHL.com possibly stay away from everything.

did not see it happen. Turned it off with 2 second remainaing. They got what they wanted to... expecting something like "I would like to be always in this photograph... as promised by Gary"

Its kind of my thing, but I don't watch any Cup ceremony live unless its a Wing hoisting it.

Its a sacred moment for me that I refuse to share with another team.

Guest Sid the Kid
I thought that was pretty classy how the fans applauded Mario when he held up the cup. In a lot of sports like Philly Eagles you dont see that same respect in fact its quite the opposite.

Thank you for the ones who are not schmucks.

Congrats to the Pens they deserved it no doubt.

This is why I'm glad we played you all. You're a town that loves the game of hockey, respects its tradition, and moreover shows class even in defeat. Your being a champion many times over has a lot to do with how you react to others. You've been there before and that kind of maturity shows.

I heard a lot of boos, but you know they where directed at Bettman for obvious reasons and Crosby who I think people don't honestly hate, just annoyed with for his over exposure. The latter part might be harder to understand for a Pittsburgh fan so just put it this way. Take every Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq appearance in a commercial and replace it with Sidney Crosby since he's the only truly commercialized NHL superstar, yeah it feels kind of like that. Its overbearing, I can't even get a cup of coffee at Tim Horton's without seeing his mug.

I thought the wings fans at the joe were very classy. They only booed Bettman, but cheered when the cup was being brought out, and when the players were skating aorund with it. Very classy.

I honestly expected to see the crowd leave, but nobody did.

I heard a lot of boos, but you know they where directed at Bettman for obvious reasons and Crosby who I think people don't honestly hate, just annoyed with for his over exposure. The latter part might be harder to understand for a Pittsburgh fan so just put it this way. Take every Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq appearance in a commercial and replace it with Sidney Crosby since he's the only truly commercialized NHL superstar, yeah it feels kind of like that. Its overbearing, I can't even get a cup of coffee at Tim Horton's without seeing his mug.

You have issues. Get over it.

You have issues. Get over it.

Care to specify what you mean? I made a light-hearted comment in an attempt to diffuse some potentially misdirected anger at Crosby and all of a sudden have issues? Seems to me you're the one who's angry and with issues.

Or are you berating me because I'm trying to view something with objectivity that you determine with subjective seething hatred to be wrong? CROSBY IS A GURL WHO CRIES AND BUUTTMAN GAVE HIM THE CUP, does that appease your reasoning any or are you completely missing the point?

I heard the booing and thought that the fans were being classless jerks, but then I realized that it was for Bettman :flash:

It made me feel proud to be a Red Wings fan when I heard the applause for the Penguins players, and it was awesome to see how many Red Wings jerseys were in the stands for a long time.

Care to specify what you mean? I made a light-hearted comment in an attempt to diffuse some potentially misdirected anger at Crosby and all of a sudden have issues? Seems to me you're the one who's angry and with issues.

Or are you berating me because I'm trying to view something with objectivity that you determine with subjective seething hatred to be wrong? CROSBY IS A GURL WHO CRIES AND BUUTTMAN GAVE HIM THE CUP, does that appease your reasoning any or are you completely missing the point?

You hate Crosby. yay! no one cares, go get your coffee elsewhere. I'm not angry, I brew my coffee at home.

GG! :rolleyes:

You hate Crosby. yay! no one cares, go get your coffee elsewhere. I'm not angry, I brew my coffee at home.

GG! :rolleyes:

Apparently you care, since you responded with your internet tough guy act.

How drunk are you or do you just jump at any chance to be a D-bag with reckless abandon, because you missed my point, and then missed me highlighting the fact that you missed my initial point.

I said the exact opposite. I DON'T hate Crosby and suggested most people's dislike of him stems from the way the media over exposes him. How are you not getting this?

Apparently you care, since you responded with your internet tough guy act.

How drunk are you or do you just jump at any chance to be a D-bag with reckless abandon, because you missed my point, and then missed me highlighting the fact that you missed my initial point.

I said the exact opposite. I DON'T hate Crosby and suggested most people's dislike of him stems from the way the media over exposes him. How are you not getting this?

LOL! :rolleyes: