• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Crosby didn't shake our players hands?

Rate this topic

I figured he was mobbed by the media so tahts why he missed the handshake line, what I did notice though was Franzen came back into the line to check on him I think that showed some real class Franzen didnt need to do that.

Ok I was there, and it wasn't so much that he didn't shake their hands because he was celebrating it was how he did it. When everyone broke off from the celebration to shake hands sid was the last to do so. He then started towards Lids, looked at him, then turned off to hug the trainers. Lids and the team waited for a while then left. To look at them then basically say, "hey wait a little bit". Sid only got the last 4 or 5 of the wings.

Why should we care? Crosby didn't shake hands with everyone. So what.

I didnt say you had to care. I simply said that a lot of people on here were upset when Chelios didnt shake hands. If you dont care thats great.

please do. if you don't like my posts, the rational thing would be to ignore me.

The rational thing would be to put someone on ignore if day after day they spew the same emotion. Everyone is upset after tonight. We all want to blame or lash out at someone else. It'll pass.

Ya, I saw Franzen, he is classy. Be honest though, hockey die hards like myself, and if you are, you've seen Crosby interviewed a million times, he has never been anything but first class. Who knows what happened, but, if he had a history, or was a jerk, maybe there is something to whine about, but, come on, I hate to admit it too, but he's a pretty classy young dude. As for us, I refuse to bash us, it was a great season, I think we're a little spoiled. Also, seemed like our legs were a little heavy besides the opening and closing rushes. Hard to look for a bunch of answers, there aren't, we went to the finals again, just need a little off season tinkering, and we'll be right back!

The apathetic attitude in this thread surprises me. I fully understand that the handshake line doesn't change the loss, doesn't make it easier to accept, and "doesn't matter" in the grand scheme of things, but it's what good sportsmen do. It's a timeless show of respect for both teams. I agree that Nick Lidstrom would never be too distracted to shake the other teams' hands and congradulate them. If he failed to acknowledge the worthiness of his opponent, he would not be the phenomonal player and well-respected person that he is.

And I don't say this just because it's Crosby who skipped out, but since it is Crosby and he is "The Face of the NHL," is that really the message the NHL wants to send? So all of the kids who idolize Crosby should think now that it's ok to not shake your opponents' hands becuase you won and you were too busy celebrating?

Flame me if you want to, I guess, but I was brought up to respect the other team in both victory and defeat.

No one gives a f***. It wasn't personal.

Fleury showed up. The Wings did not.

Pittsburgh won 4 out of 5 games after going down 2-0. They deserved to win. Detroit needs some roster changes, that's all.

Great series. Great season.

Amen. You are a true Wings fan. Unlike most of the other pretenders on here. Great season and a great Finals both this year and last year. Wings should hold their heads high. I'm sure you can agree the refs sucked both years unfortunately. Hossa was a huge disappointment for you guys and in the end I think you probably would've won this thing without him as hard as that is to believe. He is just a complete gutless bum and there is no way you should resign him after his performance in the playoffs and the Finals. Hopefully he never wins a Cup and rots the rest of his career in Florida or Los Angeles.

The apathetic attitude in this thread surprises me. I fully understand that the handshake line doesn't change the loss, doesn't make it easier to accept, and "doesn't matter" in the grand scheme of things, but it's what good sportsmen do. It's a timeless show of respect for both teams. I agree that Nick Lidstrom would never be too distracted to shake the other teams' hands and congradulate them. If he failed to acknowledge the worthiness of his opponent, he would not be the phenomonal player and well-respected person that he is.

And I don't say this just because it's Crosby who skipped out, but since it is Crosby and he is "The Face of the NHL," is that really the message the NHL wants to send? So all of the kids who idolize Crosby should think now that it's ok to not shake your opponents' hands becuase you won and you were too busy celebrating?

Flame me if you want to, I guess, but I was brought up to respect the other team in both victory and defeat.

agreed. :thumbup:

Guest Shoreline

I ended up going over that handshake on the DVR as soon as I saw someone post about it. "Skipping" the handshake is vastly different than missing most of it (not all), especially when you're getting congratulated by the coaching staff and players coming out of their handshakes alike. He is young, after all, and being human, sometimes players can get caught up in the moment. Turning this into an issue of "class" is to turn molehills into mountains. It really IS a "who gives a f***?" situation, unless he flat out says he didn't want to shake hands with the team. It's an over-analysis and it just best serves to detract from the fact that this kid is a decent captain who just beat the Red Wings. A justification for an exuberant amount of vile dislike or hatred for a hockey player.

Edited by Shoreline

The rational thing would be to put someone on ignore if day after day they spew the same emotion. Everyone is upset after tonight. We all want to blame or lash out at someone else. It'll pass.

i can't stand it when people pass judgement on posters blowing off steam. from my experience there are two types of posters on the forum, those that bash the teams after a loss, and those that bash posters bashing the team after a loss. only one of the two try to make it personal. there's no need to make it personal.

if people don't expect or tolerate complaining after the biggest game of the season has been lost, they probably shouldn't bother visiting this site after the biggest game of the season has been lost.

i've watched every game this year. i've invested a lot of emotion into this team this year. it's natural i'm going to be pissed off after a loss of this magnitude. but as disappointed as i feel, i didn't get personal with another poster. i directed my disappoinment to the game, where it belongs.

No, the better team won. Played 7, they won 4, that's it. Yes, we do seem to have a bit more talent, but, I fear that some of our guys are getting a little long in the tooth. If your gonna say that, the the Wings deserve about 4 more cups, but, we didn't win them, for that matter, perhaps we should award the Pens 2 or 3 more cups for the early 90's, they had the "best" team in 93 and 94 too, but, that is not the case. I'm a red wings die hard, but, hats off to the Pens for beating us in our own house. I know your mad, let it ride a few days, hockey season will be here soon, allthough my ticker needs a rest.

No, the better team won. Played 7, they won 4, that's it. Yes, we do seem to have a bit more talent, but, I fear that some of our guys are getting a little long in the tooth. If your gonna say that, the the Wings deserve about 4 more cups, but, we didn't win them, for that matter, perhaps we should award the Pens 2 or 3 more cups for the early 90's, they had the "best" team in 93 and 94 too, but, that is not the case. I'm a red wings die hard, but, hats off to the Pens for beating us in our own house. I know your mad, let it ride a few days, hockey season will be here soon, allthough my ticker needs a rest.

the reason there is a who gives a s*** attitude, is because the season is OVER! Most of us are probably tired of hearing about Crosby, one way or the other. I don't care what he did or didn't do we are going to have to hear it none stop next season, because our team played like the 06 pistons. So I for one am tired of hearing everything sid does. Whats next sid doesn't use enough toilet paper to wipe his ass.

He shook hands, he shook Babcock's hand at the end of the line...leave the kid alone.

I actually like what Sid said when Mickey and Bernie interviewed him, about him not wanting to be out there in the 3rd and hindering his team.

i can't stand it when people pass judgement on posters blowing off steam. from my experience there are two types of posters on the forum, those that bash the teams after a loss, and those that bash posters bashing the team after a loss. only one of the two try to make it personal. there's no need to make it personal.

if people don't expect or tolerate complaining after the biggest game of the season has been lost, they probably shouldn't bother visiting this site after the biggest game of the season has been lost.

i've watched every game this year. i've invested a lot of emotion into this team this year. it's natural i'm going to be pissed off after a loss of this magnitude. but as disappointed as i feel, i didn't get personal with another poster. i directed my disappoinment to the game, where it belongs.

Definitely.

It's just that while the game is going on the constant bashing isn't helpful at all for anything.

He shook hands, he shook Babcock's hand at the end of the line...leave the kid alone.

I actually like what Sid said when Mickey and Bernie interviewed him, about him not wanting to be out there in the 3rd and hindering his team.

wish draper would have the same respect when asked to suit up for the series, or maybe maltby or Homer could have said "Listen coach, I've been sucking balls all playoffs, maybe you should put in Abby, you know he's scored 2 goals in the SCF"

That could have helped the team.

Definitely.

It's just that while the game is going on the constant bashing isn't helpful at all for anything.

i didn't bash once while the game was on, i didn't even post. infact, on the whole tonight i've done much more praising than bashing. i called out sid, that's an opinion. i may be off on his character, but i don't like him. but in posts in several threads i gave the pens their due credit. they were the better team and deserved to win, no doubt. i paid respect to the wings for having the second best season in the nhl this year. it's an accomplishment. i called out homer and hossa. they didn't do enough to put us over the top. that's it. it's a pretty level-headed assessment if you ask me, especially considering the game we just lost and the amount of energy, time, and emotion i've invested in the wings this year.

the season is at an end. it's not an easy pill to swallow. especially since, other than the ducks, there isn't another team i'l like less to lose the cup to.

I ended up going over that handshake on the DVR as soon as I saw someone post about it. "Skipping" the handshake is vastly different than missing most of it (not all), especially when you're getting congratulated by the coaching staff and players coming out of their handshakes alike. He is young, after all, and being human, sometimes players can get caught up in the moment. Turning this into an issue of "class" is to turn molehills into mountains. It really IS a "who gives a f***?" situation, unless he flat out says he didn't want to shake hands with the team. It's an over-analysis and it just best serves to detract from the fact that this kid is a decent captain who just beat the Red Wings. A justification for an exuberant amount of vile dislike or hatred for a hockey player.

I can see your hair-splitting distinction, and like I said, I'm not picking on Crosby. I actually didn't even use the word "class." I also understand that the Wings players probably aren't scarred for life by his omission. But I believe that ever sportscaster, writer, and fan who called LeBron James immature for refusing to shake the hands of the Orlando Magic would agree with me.

Perhaps I am just old-fashioned in my thinking...maybe the handshake line isn't as important these days as my parents and my coaches of old taught me. Is a simple symbolic handshake too much to ask?