• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Crosby didn't shake our players hands?

Rate this topic

We look like sore losers for complaining about something disrespectful that the league's precious posterchild did? It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact that this indeed occurred.

“Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn’t come over to shake his hand,†Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena. “That’s ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!â€

Crosby refusing to shake hands? Who is the loser that posted that crap. Nagging on him about shaking hands? Really? You are 10 times the whiner that you wish Sid was. Oh and real classy cheering when he injured his knee, epic classy.

Congrats on a great SCF to real hockey fans and rational wings fans.

It wasn't his knee...It was his hip...not like it matters. Bettman will rub it for him, directly from the backside.

My buddy was at the game and sent me a few messages about it. He said while he was taking pictures of the shaking hands and the celebrating; Crosby didn't go near the Wings until the end of the line to meet Ozzie and Babcock. Him and myself do believe this is an action lacking respect for the Wings. Yes it is a time of celebration, but it was quite unsportsman like to not shake hands like everyone else was. Blame it on immaturity of a young athlete or blame it on Crosby still being a *****.

Crosby bitched out.

Crosby is a low-life <censored> Especially after a WIN to show no respect is just inexcusable. I can't believe he did this. This sport is taking a bad turn with this creep/punk being the face for it.

Unfortunately, whining about something stupid isn't enough to close a thread. But I agree with you.

Sorry, but I'm not a Red Wings fan, just a fan of the game overall and I am disgusted.

Edited by TrueBlueblood

Crosby is a low-life <censored> Especially after a WIN to show no respect is just inexcusable. I can't believe he did this. This sport is taking a bad turn with this creep/punk being the face for it.

It was a great series and the Pens deserve all the credit they receive for a hard fought victory.

Traditions, such as the hand shake at the end of a bitter series, are important to a lot of fans. Including me. The fact that he is young doesn't excuse his actions for me. If he was considered mature enough to be appointed Captain of an NHL team I would think he would not have missed out on honoring such a long standing tradition regardless of how excited he was.

To me it just sends a poor message to kids. "Wow, Crosby told them to F*** Off, wasn't that awesome?" A lot of us imitated our sports heroes when we were growing up. Hopefully he says something about how he should have done things differently in the days ahead. I'm sure he will.

It was a great series and the Pens deserve all the credit they receive for a hard fought victory.

Traditions, such as the hand shake at the end of a bitter series, are important to a lot of fans. Including me. The fact that he is young doesn't excuse his actions for me. If he was considered mature enough to be appointed Captain of an NHL team I would think he would not have missed out on honoring such a long standing tradition regardless of how excited he was.

To me it just sends a poor message to kids. "Wow, Crosby told them to F*** Off, wasn't that awesome?" A lot of us imitated our sports heroes when we were growing up. Hopefully he says something about how he should have done things differently in the days ahead. I'm sure he will.

I'm sure he won't make any mention of him not shaking hands with most of the players. He would never allow himself to be seen in a negative light, and will probably avoid making comment about it at all. I didn't like Crosby from the time he came into the league, and all the hype about him before he ever played an NHL game didn't help that any. It's not just us Wings fans that dislike him, which should say something. There is way too much of Crosby being crammed down everyones throats, and it will only get worse from here on...which is sad. He should have shown respect and been first through that line to shake hands with everyone, not been a dick and only went when most of the players had left the ice.

I'm sure he won't make any mention of him not shaking hands with most of the players. He would never allow himself to be seen in a negative light, and will probably avoid making comment about it at all. I didn't like Crosby from the time he came into the league, and all the hype about him before he ever played an NHL game didn't help that any. It's not just us Wings fans that dislike him, which should say something. There is way too much of Crosby being crammed down everyones throats, and it will only get worse from here on...which is sad. He should have shown respect and been first through that line to shake hands with everyone, not been a dick and only went when most of the players had left the ice.

Being he was captain, it was his job to be first in line in the handshake line, I think.

ok i know this will get me banned ,but you guys make us Pens fans feel so much better by posting crap like this thread,just shows us how you are a bunch of sore losers lol keep it going were enjoying this as we have nothing to do untill Monday when we have our parade downtown ,well gnite all i'm going to go search the web for Crosby videos and commercials

ok i know this will get me banned ,but you guys make us Pens fans feel so much better by posting crap like this thread,just shows us how you are a bunch of sore losers lol keep it going were enjoying this as we have nothing to do untill Monday when we have our parade downtown ,well gnite all i'm going to go search the web for Crosby videos and commercials

Why search the web? You can see all of his commercials on NBC ;)

Being he was captain, it was his job to be first in line in the handshake line, I think.

That was my point actually. He should have done it the right way, and not the way he did.

It wasn't his knee...It was his hip...not like it matters. Bettman will rub it for him, directly from the backside.

Ya sure, right after the Illuminati ship fly's in from planet X and lands on the Detroit river and releases Predator on the Ghetto's of Detroit. Clearly Sid is the biggest bully of all time, what with not shaking hand fast enough with 47,000 media people in is face. Get real, you know Draper is regretting the comment, even though Sid will call him and lids anyway. I guess you have never actually watched a Sid interview by calling him classless, I bet Yzerman thinks highly of him.

Quite a few news outlets though, have pointed out that he didn't go through the line, even Drapes made mention of it after the game in the locker room.

I even had someone go through their DVR'd tape of the game and watch it and they remarked to me that he didn't do it.

It doesn't matter though. He won. He can act however he wants, it has no bearing on us.

Half the Pens team was not ready to shake hands when the line started, you can tell from the replay Lidstrom repeatedly waits a few seconds before guys continue to join the line late. Crosby was not the only one to join the line late. It isn't Crosby's fault Orpik and Gonchar started the handshake before he got there to lead it, they should have waited for their Captain before starting it. I was disappointed the way the whole handshake mishap went down also, but it is a crazy couple minutes there after winning the Cup as Wings fans know all to well, and to blame Crosby for intentionally disrespecting anyone on the Wings is unfair. Keep in mind he is only 21 and may have been a little overcome with the enormity of the situation of finally realizing his lifelong dream and lost focus for a bit there, but it was certainly not intentional and if he is lucky enough be on the winning side yet again in the future I can guarantee he makes leading the handshake a priority no matter the situation. He respects the game and all of its traditions as much as any player out there.

OMFG

This is still going on?

Sour Drapes.

Get over it. So, Sid the Kid is a great player, and he didn't shake my hand, waaaaaaaaaaaah. It puts salt into my wounds after losing game 7. I don't care if he was injured.

Grow some testicles Drapes. Crikes.

What did Babcock say to Crosby in the handshake line? Was it 'you showed good leadership'?

Oh, wait - but he didn't shake hands with any of the Wings.

:rolleyes:

We've become a bunch of whining, lactose intolerant fans here.

Ugh.

yeah, it looks bad to not shake the other teams hand after the game. but hey, they lost on their own ice and wanted to leave ASAP, not crosby's fault they decided to leave so early...c'mon, with all the excuses going here, at least give us this one :rolleyes:

Guest Shoreline
Half the Pens team was not ready to shake hands when the line started, you can tell from the replay Lidstrom repeatedly waits a few seconds before guys continue to join the line late. Crosby was not the only one to join the line late. It isn't Crosby's fault Orpik and Gonchar started the handshake before he got there to lead it, they should have waited for their Captain before starting it. I was disappointed the way the whole handshake mishap went down also, but it is a crazy couple minutes there after winning the Cup as Wings fans know all to well, and to blame Crosby for intentionally disrespecting anyone on the Wings is unfair. Keep in mind he is only 21 and may have been a little overcome with the enormity of the situation of finally realizing his lifelong dream and lost focus for a bit there, but it was certainly not intentional and if he is lucky enough be on the winning side yet again in the future I can guarantee he makes leading the handshake a priority no matter the situation. He respects the game and all of its traditions as much as any player out there.

There's plenty of logic to the notion that Crosby was young, and half the team were late to shaking hands.

Still, however, the team did look a bit lacking on the mature side to be celebrating that long when it's known the other team is going to shake hands and leave the ice asap. I'm sure the media didn't help either.

It doesn't speak ill of Crosby's "class", it doesn't speak ill of him being a "captain". It just means he and his team are young and made a mistake over a formality.

Taking cues from the media when it comes to a story, Wings fans here are blowing this way out of proportion, since finding reasons to talk/***** about Crosby has become even more of a fad than talking s*** about a specific Red Wing who may be thrown under the bus this day/week/month/season/offseason. It's sad.

I despise Crosby as much as anyone here. I think he's vastly overrated and I'm completely sick of the hype that surrounds him.

Having said that, there's no way on earth that he purposely disrespected Lidstrom or any of the Red Wings and to suggest such is juvenile and bitter.

I could see it if say Sean Avery was the Red Wing captain, but he would not purposely do that to Nick, he's just not that stupid. He, in all likelyhood was overwhelmed with media, friends, family and the PM of Canada phoning him.

There's no way he'd disrespect Nick, no way.

He screwed up, and he's just a kid and it's no big deal. I'd bet my life that he'll call Nick and apologize. Get over this nonsense folks, I mean, really. I love the Wings, saw 6 games live and I don't live anywhere near Detroit or Pittsburgh.

Don't hate for no real reason guys ... it makes us look like really sore losers.

maybe he had a cold...and did nt want to infect the DRWs?

he was celebrating his first cup win.. he got mobbed by everyone and their mother when they won. He shook the hands of the people he could. and see http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...owtopic=59353... though I am suprised that there are not 100 threads on this already since sid the kid is the spawn of Satan and all.

Edited by Duck Guy

If only......