But Lebron James cant walk off the court...... BS

#62 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Yzerfan1999 @ June 12, 2009 - 10:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope the mods close this thread. Its embarrassing and makes us look like sore losers.

Unfortunately, whining about something stupid isn't enough to close a thread. But I agree with you.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#63 shanny is the man

shanny is the man

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

Supposedly, ]Ilitch walked by Bettman who tried to shake his hand.

Must be why Bettman didn't congratulate Wings or their fans during his little speech before handing the cup to Crosby.

Who cares about Crosby. Crosby I think joined the handshake line late. I think I remember seeing Babs congratulating him on his "great leadership" and Crosby just kind of looks away from him and says nothing back.

#64 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

I believe that Bettman did say his same speech as last year about 2 great teams and let's hear it for the Wings and Pens, but he was getting drowned out by the boobirds and wanted to get on with giving the Cup to Sid.

I was annoyed that he made more fuss about Sid being the youngest captain than he did to Lids last year being the first Euro born/trained captain.

In all fairness, I think he rushed through it all to get away from the booing. I sometimes get the feeling people don't like him, poor guy. rolleyes.gif

#65 HockeytownRN

HockeytownRN

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (PenaltyShot 96 @ June 12, 2009 - 10:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The apathetic attitude in this thread surprises me. I fully understand that the handshake line doesn't change the loss, doesn't make it easier to accept, and "doesn't matter" in the grand scheme of things, but it's what good sportsmen do. It's a timeless show of respect for both teams. I agree that Nick Lidstrom would never be too distracted to shake the other teams' hands and congradulate them. If he failed to acknowledge the worthiness of his opponent, he would not be the phenomonal player and well-respected person that he is.

And I don't say this just because it's Crosby who skipped out, but since it is Crosby and he is "The Face of the NHL," is that really the message the NHL wants to send? So all of the kids who idolize Crosby should think now that it's ok to not shake your opponents' hands becuase you won and you were too busy celebrating?

Flame me if you want to, I guess, but I was brought up to respect the other team in both victory and defeat.

thumbup.gif

#66 bonan78

bonan78

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (HanKarin40 @ June 13, 2009 - 12:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Crosby just got wrapped up in the moment. At least that's what I hope. Otherwise, that's just poor sportsmanship, win or lose. I thought it was worse that Good Ole Gary didn't congratulate or acknowledge Detroit on their season. For the commissioner of this league to so conveniently "forget" to do so is just bulls***! Thanks for the slap in the face.

I will admit that some of what Bettman said was drowned out by crowd noise, but after making such an effort last year to gush about the Penguins before handing the Cup to Lidstrom, there was a noticable lack of acknowledgement of the losing team in his speech. I'm not calling him out, or saying anything bad about him, it's just an observation.
Superman wears Steve Yzerman pajamas

Thanks TeeMan

#67 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

Crosby is a dick, plain and simple. As the face of the NHL, one would think he would act better than he does. As PenaltyShot mentioned already, it was just a show of good sportsmanship for him to shake hands with everyone. Celebrate with your team on the flight back to Pittsburgh, but have enough respect for the tradition that comes after the series is over. Had it been the Wings that won, and Lidstrom that was too busy celebrating to shake hands, it would be all over the press I'm sure. I didn't like Crosby before, probably from all the cramming down everyone's throat that happens, but this just shows he is a dick and has no respect for a tradition like that.
“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#68 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Arrogant brat. In his postgame interview, he says, 'Yah, wish we could have won it in 4 ...'
Glad he didn't play 1/2 the game so he couldn't take any credit.
I don't think I've ever hated any player like Cindy the Whiner.
Why the hell make him the poster boy?

#69 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

Cindy is and always will be a labeled "Captain" He is not a leader. He has no class. and need to grow up. if his favorite player is Stevie Y then he needs to sit down and study on what it takes to be a leader.

I have no respect for him and never will.

#70 fastballspecial

fastballspecial

'till all are one! Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

Crosby is still cancer in my eyes, no matter what he does.

am I still allowed to dislike the Penguins and Crosby? or is that now allowed now?

#71 City_of_Champs

City_of_Champs

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

Ok, first thing first. Yes I'm from Pittsburgh and yes I just joined this forum today. But I've been reading it since the series started and this is the thread that made me want to join in.

Let me say that as a Steelers and Pens fan I read a lot of opposing teams boards and this one is honestly the best I've seen in terms of telling it like it is and not just being a bunch of homers. Also, I was at games 3, 4, and 6 last year and games 4 and 6 this year and the Wings fans that came to Pittsburgh were all pretty cool and good sports through everything.

Regarding this series, I definately thought it would be short after dropping games 1 and 2. You guys have an unreal team and I'm hoping players start leaving cause I really don't want to have to face the Wings again next year, although a rubber match would be pretty awesome.

But as for Crosby, some of you people are way out of line. This kid is only 21 to start with. Take a look around at your local college and see how 21 year-olds behave. Crosby is the most mature 21 year-old I've ever seen considering the spot-light that's been on him for close to a decade already.

Ask any of the players (including vets like Billy Guerin and Sergi Gonchar) and they'll say he's a great leader and a great captain. As for his respect for the game, he has enough respect to do his talking on the ice and not showboat the way Ovechkin does. Watch his post game interview from game 7 when he was asked about being booed by 20,000 Wings Fans when he was injured. He took it in stride and didn't have any snide remarks about that classy display.

Seems like most people on here recognize that Crosby is amazing (probably the best all-around player in the game) and you'd love to have in Detroit the same way we'd love to have Zetterberg. As for the rest that think he's overrated and a cry baby, you probably said the same thing about Gretzky and Lemieux...

Anyways, big thanks to Detroit. First Jerome Bettis, then Super Bowl XL, now the Cup!! Your city just keeps giving to Pittsburgh and we love it.

#72 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (City_of_Champs @ June 13, 2009 - 03:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, first thing first. Yes I'm from Pittsburgh and yes I just joined this forum today. But I've been reading it since the series started and this is the thread that made me want to join in.

Let me say that as a Steelers and Pens fan I read a lot of opposing teams boards and this one is honestly the best I've seen in terms of telling it like it is and not just being a bunch of homers. Also, I was at games 3, 4, and 6 last year and games 4 and 6 this year and the Wings fans that came to Pittsburgh were all pretty cool and good sports through everything.

Regarding this series, I definately thought it would be short after dropping games 1 and 2. You guys have an unreal team and I'm hoping players start leaving cause I really don't want to have to face the Wings again next year, although a rubber match would be pretty awesome.

But as for Crosby, some of you people are way out of line. This kid is only 21 to start with. Take a look around at your local college and see how 21 year-olds behave. Crosby is the most mature 21 year-old I've ever seen considering the spot-light that's been on him for close to a decade already.

Ask any of the players (including vets like Billy Guerin and Sergi Gonchar) and they'll say he's a great leader and a great captain. As for his respect for the game, he has enough respect to do his talking on the ice and not showboat the way Ovechkin does. Watch his post game interview from game 7 when he was asked about being booed by 20,000 Wings Fans when he was injured. He took it in stride and didn't have any snide remarks about that classy display.

Seems like most people on here recognize that Crosby is amazing (probably the best all-around player in the game) and you'd love to have in Detroit the same way we'd love to have Zetterberg. As for the rest that think he's overrated and a cry baby, you probably said the same thing about Gretzky and Lemieux...

Anyways, big thanks to Detroit. First Jerome Bettis, then Super Bowl XL, now the Cup!! Your city just keeps giving to Pittsburgh and we love it.

Congrats on winning it all.

You guys really flipped it on us this year.

That little ribbing at the end was well earned by the Pens and i expect to get some.

2 hookers and a bottle of navy rum here i come

GO WINGS!

#73 psmitty

psmitty

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:43 PM

Crosby refusing to shake hands? Who is the loser that posted that crap. Nagging on him about shaking hands? Really? You are 10 times the whiner that you wish Sid was. Oh and real classy cheering when he injured his knee, epic classy.

Congrats on a great SCF to real hockey fans and rational wings fans.

#74 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (psmitty @ June 13, 2009 - 03:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crosby refusing to shake hands? Who is the loser that posted that crap. Nagging on him about shaking hands? Really? You are 10 times the whiner that you wish Sid was. Oh and real classy cheering when he injured his knee, epic classy.

I watched the entire post-game celebrations as tough as it was, Crosby did shake hands im sure of it.

#75 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Yak19 @ June 13, 2009 - 03:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched the entire post-game celebrations as tough as it was, Crosby did shake hands im sure of it.

Quite a few news outlets though, have pointed out that he didn't go through the line, even Drapes made mention of it after the game in the locker room.

I even had someone go through their DVR'd tape of the game and watch it and they remarked to me that he didn't do it.

It doesn't matter though. He won. He can act however he wants, it has no bearing on us.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#76 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

We look like sore losers for complaining about something disrespectful that the league's precious posterchild did? It's not a conspiracy, it's a fact that this indeed occurred.

“Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn’t come over to shake his hand,” Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena. “That’s ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!”

#77 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

I dont like Sidney, but I respect his talent and his resume. He was so excited, yes he should've been in the handshake line, but everyone makes mistakes. I understand where Drapes is coming from, but this isnt anything.

#NOMOREKINDL

#78 Datzetterfan

Datzetterfan

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (psmitty @ June 13, 2009 - 03:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It wasn't his knee...It was his hip...not like it matters. Bettman will rub it for him, directly from the backside.
"To whom much is given, Much is expected"

#79 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

From the CBC - Crosby did NOT shake hands

CBC - Crosby Snub adds to Wings Disappointment

Crosby is an idiot, he's a good player offensively, but has zero class and poor leadership.

Edited by sixer, 13 June 2009 - 03:43 PM.

#80 texdude2006

texdude2006

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (sixer @ June 13, 2009 - 03:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the CBC - Crosby did NOT shake hands

CBC - Crosby Snub adds to Wings Disappointment

Crosby is an idiot, he's a good player offensively, but has zero class and poor leadership.

That is an Associated Press article.
IPB Image