• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FLWINGSFAN4013

UFA's

Rate this topic

Obviously, we should cut Hossa and Samuelsson loose because they both suck. D-Mac and Cheli should be encouraged to retire. I don't really care whether or not Conklin stays around. He's a good insurance policy, but there are a couple of decent young goalies in our system that could back Ozzie up and I don't really see Conklin as a guy who could backstop a team to a Stanley Cup championship.

Any chance the Wings could land the Sedin twins? What if we give them 30-year contracts for a couple mil a year? :lol:

Wouldn't mind seeing Grier or Neil being signed. Neil probably has more upside at this point, but I've always kinda liked Grier for some reason. None of the Defensemen really jumped out at me, other than their bloated salaries. It would be nice if we could get a guy like Bouwmeester or Weber to take a discount to come her and win, but that would be harder to pull off considering the Hossa debacle. Speaking of Hossa, it will be interesting to see where he lands. I just hope it's not here, unless it is for 4 million or less. Bottom line, Ken Holland has a lot of work to do, and I can't wait to see how this team looks next year.

Wouldn't mind seeing Grier or Neil being signed. Neil probably has more upside at this point, but I've always kinda liked Grier for some reason. None of the Defensemen really jumped out at me, other than their bloated salaries. It would be nice if we could get a guy like Bouwmeester or Weber to take a discount to come her and win, but that would be harder to pull off considering the Hossa debacle. Speaking of Hossa, it will be interesting to see where he lands. I just hope it's not here, unless it is for 4 million or less. Bottom line, Ken Holland has a lot of work to do, and I can't wait to see how this team looks next year.

Why is the Hossa thing a debacle? We had the Cup in the bag and didn't show up for the final two games. We're just as attractive a spot as we were last year. Maybe moreso considering we'll probably be favorites to win next season, too. Pittsburgh might attract some attention, but most players saw that they barely scraped out a win against Detroit and their team has a more uncertain future than the Wings.

The Wings are still the best, most attractive, most stable team for someone who wants to win the Cup to go.

Game 7 mistakes or not, give me Stu annnnnnnnny day over any of these guys.

I gotta say, I am so angry at Stuart but I don't think one game not matter how big means he should move....

I gotta say, way to be in this thread guys. Looking forward, not playing blame games. This is what I love about this site, one thread you have bitter tool and another real optimism and looking into next year!

I know it is very unpopular to say but I really want "H" to resign. So I guess I would be looking for what moves we could make to provide room for him. Would I be crazy to say the moving Rafalski is an option, he makes alot of money and I think we can get the same for less.... Maybe, no? I don't know. Damn these five stages!

Fedorov back as a DEFENSEMAN. Cheap, talented, and versatile. It is time to bring him back. Lilja is a huge question mark. As good as Lebda looked for certain games, I'd rather have Feds in. That being said, I don't know the chemistry.

Fedorov back as a DEFENSEMAN. Cheap, talented, and versatile. It is time to bring him back.

they put sammy (not anymore) on the point...it would be nice but with Feds track record... he is already half way to russia or up OV *******.

they put sammy (not anymore) on the point...it would be nice but with Feds track record... he is already half way to russia or up OV *******.

Where do you get off saying that? Because he enjoys his homeland and played 2 years with a fellow countryman? Regardless of you you feel about Feds effectiveness on the Wings, personal attacks are cheap.

We need more people like helm on the last 2 lines, we need that youth, fast and physical pressure. On top of that we need to figure out what happened to our power play, penalty kill and these turnovers came from in the playoffs. I think next year we might still have to fight to get through those ducks and the sharks, those will be our tuff teams for next year to get to the cup again.

Also, there is a NEED for PK units...

Exactly, which is why we should bring in grier like you mentioned.

Here is a realistic scenario. I would like to get more creative but we have to be realistic. I cant see them trading draper, he cant retire or his salry counts towards the cap, so we have to keep him, and hes a reserve forward like Meech. We Trade maltby even if we have to sweeten the trade for it to happen. Chelios is gone so is Hossa and Conks, Homer(retires). We trade Hossas rights for say a 3rd. let Hudler sign an offer sheet, say we get a first and a 3rd, if its not going to happen trade him for a first. The team that does this wont be a top 10 team, so we would probably get a 1st thats say 15th overal or so. Use the 15th overall plus our 3rd plus say corry emmerton or another decent prospect and additional pick to move up into the 5th overal, and draft say Svenson, who would most likely be ready to play this year, and could even contribute somewhat rightaway(not expecting alot though). Sign Grier, for something similar to his current contract, say 1.8 mil. We need guys that are strong physically and can battle along the boards, and can play well defensively. He would be great on the Penalty Kill.

Also fire Brad M as our Def coach. This team needs to play D like last year.

Here is our Lineup:

wingsroster20092010.jpg

Imagine a Forth Checking Line with Grier, Helm, and Gator. It would be great defensively, and they would kick the $hit out of everyone. It would be a valuable line in the Playoffs, they could wear teams down by themselves. I love that line!!!! yes I know Axxelson might not be ready to play next year, but hey..

Edited by Probie

I'm finding it hard to believe there are people actually interested in Grier... he is not very good. He has bounced around and has never been that great.

Let's talk truth here... the Wings need some grit so that next year if we run into a team like Anaheim there won't be so many liberties taken on Dats, Z, Flips, etc. To me bringing in Neil and Laperiere would be like a dream come true. Can you imagine Helm centering the two of them? Talk about an energy line... no to mention the protection both of them would provide to the team. They both have some skills too.

If we end up losing Huds, Kopy & Hossa, I think that would be the best case scenario. Sammy has his issues, but I think he fits into our system and plays a role. If they bring him back it would not be the end of the world. Conks is not coming back and neither will Cheli.

I think Lebda played very well during these playoffs. If it's between he and Meech, I think Meech might be moved this off-season. Lilja just might end up going on long term IR and I think if that is the case they are not on the hook for his salary. If he is still suffering from the effects of the concussion, it may take another season for him to be ready... honestly, I wonder if his career is over.

Losing those players (not including Lilja) gives us $11.125 M to play with.

Ericsson .900

Howard .750

Abdelkader .710

Helm .500

Leino RFA?

Howard will be playing here next year no matter what, he's out of options. It's make or break for this kid next year. Ericsson is obviously in our top 6 D-men next year as well. Helm will be up for sure... I'd like to see Abdelkader up too, but he has options left. How much do we think Leino will want? I have no idea what to think about that guy... he has flashes, but never blew me away. I guess he is a worthy replacement for Huds if the price is right.

Would love to see them sign Lapperriere (34) for bewtween $1.75 - $2M for a couple years and Neil (29) for close to the same ($2M) for a few years more.

Homer-Dats-Franzen

Flips-Z-Cleary

Neil-Helm-Lapperriere

Maltby-Drapes-Abdelkader/Leino/Sammy

Lids/Raffi

Stuart/Kronner

Lebda/Ericsson

Lilja/Kindl

Ozzie/Howard

I'm finding it hard to believe there are people actually interested in Grier... he is not very good. He has bounced around and has never been that great.

Let's talk truth here... the Wings need some grit so that next year if we run into a team like Anaheim there won't be so many liberties taken on Dats, Z, Flips, etc. To me bringing in Neil and Laperiere would be like a dream come true. Can you imagine Helm centering the two of them? Talk about an energy line... no to mention the protection both of them would provide to the team. They both have some skills too.

If we end up losing Huds, Kopy & Hossa, I think that would be the best case scenario. Sammy has his issues, but I think he fits into our system and plays a role. If they bring him back it would not be the end of the world. Conks is not coming back and neither will Cheli.

I think Lebda played very well during these playoffs. If it's between he and Meech, I think Meech might be moved this off-season. Lilja just might end up going on long term IR and I think if that is the case they are not on the hook for his salary. If he is still suffering from the effects of the concussion, it may take another season for him to be ready... honestly, I wonder if his career is over.

Losing those players (not including Lilja) gives us $11.125 M to play with.

Ericsson .900

Howard .750

Abdelkader .710

Helm .500

Leino RFA?

Howard will be playing here next year no matter what, he's out of options. It's make or break for this kid next year. Ericsson is obviously in our top 6 D-men next year as well. Helm will be up for sure... I'd like to see Abdelkader up too, but he has options left. How much do we think Leino will want? I have no idea what to think about that guy... he has flashes, but never blew me away. I guess he is a worthy replacement for Huds if the price is right.

Would love to see them sign Lapperriere (34) for bewtween $1.75 - $2M for a couple years and Neil (29) for close to the same ($2M) for a few years more.

Homer-Dats-Franzen

Flips-Z-Cleary

Neil-Helm-Lapperriere

Maltby-Drapes-Abdelkader/Leino/Sammy

Lids/Raffi

Stuart/Kronner

Lebda/Ericsson

Lilja/Kindl

Ozzie/Howard

Lappy and neil are great in place of Grier too. Atleast Grier is strong, hits and plays well defensively. Thats all i wanted as a fourth line Guy. I figured hed be cheaper then Neil and Lappy. But hey if we can sign the other two, go for it..

Edited by Probie

John Madden or Rob Niedermayer at C. Neil, Moen or Lappy as Wingers. If theres a need for a defenceman, I'll take a warrior like Matt Walker. Then again, there probably is only a need for 2 of those players, just guys I'd love to see.

Seeing Shanny on that list man, love to have him back, wont happen though.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I dunno...not much of this is realistic...however someone mentioned Moen, who I like...he's not very expensive. Tough to say...with these new contracts for Z and Mule starting next year, we don't have much cap room at all... I mean even without Hossa coming back, some of our players are gonna have to take a hike.

Edited by Pasha13

Too tired tonight to go in-depth. But the Wing's have some good options here.

I'd love to see something like this next season with one of these

Chris Neil 30 OTT $1,200,000, Ian Laperriere COL $1,150,000, or Mike Grier 34 SJ $1,775,000

to add on a line with Helm would make a nice fore checking line.

Brad winchester would be a great pick up. the fact is we did get pushed around a lot, and we need a fighter who can actually play

If I'm not mistaken the Wings will have about 5 million in cap space before we resign anybody.

It depends on what the cap does. That is what is going to make the biggest difference in what happens its UFA season.

I've seen a couple posts dogging Lebda and I don't understand why. I wasn't his biggest fan, but he really stepped up for this team in the playoffs and logged some very steady minutes. What he brings for what he is payed is a great deal. That is what salary cap hockey is all about.

Why is the Hossa thing a debacle? We had the Cup in the bag and didn't show up for the final two games. We're just as attractive a spot as we were last year. Maybe moreso considering we'll probably be favorites to win next season, too. Pittsburgh might attract some attention, but most players saw that they barely scraped out a win against Detroit and their team has a more uncertain future than the Wings.

The Wings are still the best, most attractive, most stable team for someone who wants to win the Cup to go.

What I meant by that is being able to persuade a high-priced UFA like Bouwmeester or Weber (who I think is RFA) to take a discount just for the sake of winning the Cup short-term. I did not say anything about his play, I was merely making reference to the fact that his statement about coming to Detroit to win the Cup, while not untrue, was maybe not such a good thing to say BEFORE you have won anything with your new team. That is all. Other players may not be so willing.