• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Who Else Thought Lidstrom Was Going to Score At the End?

Rate this topic

With 6 seconds left, I didn't think we'd have any real chance of scoring.

However, we had a golden chance at the end, and when I saw Lidstrom skating impeded to the net, I thought he had a sure goal with half the net open. Did anyone else think that at the time?

I hate talking about things that could have been, but yes.

I feel like he let us down by missing, even though it wasn't just him. Poor man, probably is killing himself right now.

I saw it to. For a split second I saw the loose puck and wide open net. I dunno how it didnt go in. I saw no goal reaction so I turned the TV off

That's how I looked at it too. No goal reaction so I peaced out and dove into my friends pool. I was thinking dying of a mixture of hypothermia and drowning simultaneously would've been perfect.

With 6 seconds left, I didn't think we'd have any real chance of scoring.

However, we had a golden chance at the end, and when I saw Lidstrom skating impeded to the net, I thought he had a sure goal with half the net open. Did anyone else think that at the time?

Honestly, it reminded me all too well of game 7 of the 2006 finals. Can't remember who it was on Edmonton but they had a beautiful open-net shot in a last-minute scramble and Cam Ward just dived across the crease to stop it, it was exactly the same situation.

It was a patented Sammy shot too.

Right into the crest even though there was plenty of open space to shoot at.

Honestly I contemplated turning off the TV before the last faceoff because I never thought we'd even come close to winning the faceoff and getting a chance.

So he missed the net or it was blocked?

I thought it was a save by Fleury.

I might be wrong, but I don't think it was blocked or missed the net. Fleury just made a great save, but Lidstrom should have aimed better than the chest.

It was a patented Sammy shot too.

Right into the crest even though there was plenty of open space to shoot at.

Honestly I contemplated turning off the TV before the last faceoff because I never thought we'd even come close to winning the faceoff and getting a chance.

There was actually absolutely no space for him to shoot. If you look at it again, Fleury positions himself perfectly and makes himself huge in the net. What was once open, is immediately shut down. I knew it wasn't a goal as I watched him slide into position. But the beginning of the play looked just like the game 1 winner against the Ducks, so I was excited. Then I was broken.

Edit: especially if you look at the in-the-net cam. At first you see a bunch of space and Lidstrom skating in. And then Fleury takes up the whole screen. There's no space.

Edited by The Nephilim

I saw a gaping net and some Wing player coming in to shoot it, I thought the game was going to be tied. Hand it to Fleury...story of the wings tonight was waiting a second too long to shoot the puck. Filpula had at least 2 where he paused then wound up for a slap shot and they got a stick in the way. I don't get why they were so hesitant. Ericsson onetimes it and he scores...nuff said.

Well, there's always next year.