• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania...

Rate this topic

Their football team wins the super bowl

And now their hockey team wins the stanley cup..

The city of Pittsburgh is just boomin in sports this year...

Looks like the pressure is all on the Pirates...lol

Just a question: Has there been a city thats one 3 of the 4 championships in sports within the same year (world series, Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy ((nba)), Superbowl, Stanley Cup ) ?

p.s.

chicago was also voted best city in the world for men by askmen.com

i heard this on the radio but they said it was based on sports teams, avg price of a pint, and things to do (???)

2nd place was barcelona and 4th was london, dont remember what 3rd was

well when your team sucks sooo hard for years and years and you get every number one pick f and then the nhl puts millions into marketing your two stars...you get the cup handed to you. especially when the wings don't do s*** with the puck.

Ah, I don't think we should be tossing s*** towards Pittsburgh, they just got named "America's most livable city" for about the 5th time in the last 8 years. Your friend is wrond, it's a very cool town, like a European city. Anyhow, being from Detroit, I'm not about to talk s*** on any other city!

I don't know about pro sports but Florida did it a couple years back in college. Football and basketball in the same season. At least I think it was Florida.

yeah thats right...i think it was 2007...the gators won the national championship in football and in basketball

Then we got Detroit, Michigan, an economy so f***ed it's nearly impossible to get out this hole. Not to mention the US auto industry is dying, the Lions go 0-16 and the Pistons get swept 1st round playoffs. The Red Wings were our only hope...

Edited by Winged_Wheeler

f*** Pittsburgh. :)

Classy :rolleyes:

Anyways, good stuff, Red Wings & fans! I'll admit, I was scared s***less the entire game. After that goal from the Wings, the nervous excitement turned into plain nervousness :blink:

I didn't doubt though :thumbup:

Good season, Wings! I hope for another Wings vs Pens final next season.

Then we got Detroit, Michigan, an economy so f***ed it's nearly impossible to get out this hole. Not to mention the US auto industry is dying, the Lions go 0-16 and the Pistons get swept 1st round playoffs. The Red Wings were our only chance...

dont forget your mayor went to prison :P

Then we got Detroit, Michigan, an economy so f***ed it's nearly impossible to get out this hole. Not to mention the US auto industry is dying, the Lions go 0-16 and the Pistons get swept 1st round playoffs. The Red Wings were our only chance...

I wouldn't give up on the Tigers just yet.

Penguins might have got the lucky bounce to win the cup, but Detroit is still Hockeytown, forever. Penguins will probably be going bankrupt again in the next 10 years and Detroit will bring 3 more cups home where it belongs.

Despite the loss, the Detroit Red Wings are still the best team in the NHL. Could Penguins win if Malkin, Gill, and Talbot was out injured - like the Wings suffered? I doubt it.

Wings are still the best.

Edited by Snazzy

Then we got Detroit, Michigan, an economy so f***ed it's nearly impossible to get out this hole. Not to mention the US auto industry is dying, the Lions go 0-16 and the Pistons get swept 1st round playoffs. The Red Wings were our only hope...

plenty of people are leaving, feel free to join them

Just a question: Has there been a city thats one 3 of the 4 championships in sports within the same year (world series, Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy ((nba)), Superbowl, Stanley Cup ) ?

Not sure but this is nice:

Detroit was given the name "City of Champions" in the 1930s, for a series of successes both in individual and in team sport. Gar Wood (a native Detroiter) won the Harmsworth Trophy for unlimited powerboat racing on the Detroit River in 1931. In the Next year, 1932, Eddie "the Midnight Express" Tolan, a black student from Detroit's Cass Technical High School, won the 100- and 200-meter races and two gold medals at the 1932 Summer Olympics. Joe Louis won the heavyweight championship of the world in 1937. Detroit Lions won the National Football League championship in 1935. The Detroit Tigers won the American League pennant in 1934 and again in 1935, subsequently bagging the World Series in 1935, defeating the Chicago Cubs. The Detroit Red Wings won the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup in 1936 & 1937.

The entire Pittsburgh Pirates organization an abomination.

Who is worse?

Lions or Pirates....I say Pirates

I have to go Lions. 0-16 last year, 0-24 on the road the first 3 years under than man who's name should not be mentioned, 1 playoff win in forever, blah blah blah.

That being said:

GO LIONS!

The entire Pittsburgh Pirates organization an abomination.

Who is worse?

Lions or Pirates....I say Pirates

What makes the Lions so bad is that they appear to be a business more than anything. They don't seem to care about winning as so much selling tickets and feeding off America's love for football. They know football is the dominant sport and they know that they will receive a certain income from selling x amount of tickets and they're more than happy with that. They sound like drug dealers to me. Is that how the Pirates are?

What makes the Lions so bad is that they appear to be a business more than anything. They don't seem to care about winning as so much selling tickets and feeding off America's love for football. They know football is the dominant sport and they know that they will receive a certain income from selling x amount of tickets and they're more than happy with that. They sound like drug dealers to me. Is that how the Pirates are?

Oh my gosh! The Lions and Pirates should merge. That is exactly how the Pirates are. The owner just cares about making money, but not acutally winning. Haha

Yeah the lions are not a bad organization. If you actually look up how much that organization is worth it will blow your mind. If you are going for worst organizations you have to go with a teams that relocated. That being said though the Clippers are terrible. Why does LA even have two NBA teams. When one just sucks and the other is lights out.

Oh my gosh! The Lions and Pirates should merge. That is exactly how the Pirates are. The owner just cares about making money, but not acutally winning. Haha

You say merge I say crumble to the ground. I wish that Detroiters would storm their offices and have a revolution. And if that's the way the Pirates are then I hope the same for you too. It's the worst kind of people running an organization.