• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeowingsfan

2009-2010 Season

Rate this topic

We will have the main core of our team and depending on the choices Kenny makes we may have all but Hossa for next year. It's time to look to the upcoming season instead of looking at what could have been.

I can hardly wait. I just am pumped for them playing other teams again. Like the Leafs. Nothing more fun than losing to the Leafs.

I don't see why we can't make another playoff run. I know the odds are low but the team is the same just a year maturer and a year angrier.

I can hardly wait. I just am pumped for them playing other teams again. Like the Leafs. Nothing more fun than losing to the Leafs.

I don't see why we can't make another playoff run. I know the odds are low but the team is the same just a year maturer and a year angrier.

Who said the odds were low? I think this group has 3-5 years of serious cup contention.

As muchas I've bitched about Stuart tonight, if we came back next year with the exact team we have right now and fully healthy, why shouldn't we expect that we can get back to the 3rd round at minimum next year?

With just the rookies/AHL guys we have right now I think we could easily have another great year. If we get back to playing defense and not giving up as many goals as we did this season, I think we will actually be more successful. I highly doubt the same offensive production will occur, but that might be a necessary sacrifice.

Take into account a few free agent signings and we could have an improvement.

It's funny, I was feeling all the despair and whatnot during the game itself, but not long after it ended I've been more impatient than anything. I'm really eager for the roster to get sorted out and for the Wings to make another go at it. This is a resilient team, they'll bounce back.

How about not re-signing Hossa and instead sign Jay Bouwmeester :)

Lidstrom/Bouwmeester

Stuart/Kronwall

Big E/Rafalski

Lebda traded for a pick

Lilija depth defensemen

Bouwmeester is my #1 target, I think we should forget re-signing Hossa, be prepared to let a few guys go if it means gettign Jay.

But Rafalski on the third pairing, since when does a guy making $6 mil play on the 3rd pairing?

Dunno much about Bouwmeester, but IMO the Wings could use a bit more stay @ home nastiness types roaming our blueline.

Absolute stud. Put him on a better team and he would be amazing IMO.

I would LOVE to see Detroit sign him! :thumbup:

With Detroit having played something like 210 games (not counting preseason) in the last 2 years + opening next year in Sweden, I fully expect a major let-down for a lot of Wings fans expecting the standard again next year.

Unless, of course, they can inject some new blood in the line-up.

I like the Bowmeester talk. But not going to happen IMO.

Yeh Jay-B can be a really good fit 4us!! it's a serious theory to take in consideration..

Imagine his wheels in our system, would be a great fit I agree.

Isn't he an UFA this season though? We really needed him to be an UFA next season when a whole lot of salary comes off the books.

With Detroit having played something like 210 games (not counting preseason) in the last 2 years + opening next year in Sweden, I fully expect a major let-down for a lot of Wings fans expecting the standard again next year.

HAHA you really think a sweden trip will make us dead for the next cup run ??

I'm rather worried about playing another Ducks series... It would be sweet if they miss the playoffs.

HAHA you really think a sweden trip will make us dead for the next cup run ??

I'm rather worried about playing another Ducks series... It would be sweet if they miss the playoffs.

A summer of rest instead of partying, anger, new youth, and some fresh blood in new players is going to make this Wings team the favorite to win it all next year. I don't see why everyone is acting like this is our last shot at glory. The Wings are going to be back in the Finals next year, as long as they get some rest and fix the defense and replace Sammy with someone with excellent timing.

Here is my thought. I think we should let Hudler, Samuelsson, Hossa just gone. I am sad but this off-season will be freaking important. The next will be Nick's last season unless he re-signs with us again. Then, we should consider about any players who can replace his spot. As people mentioned above, Jay Bouwmeester would be a great fit instead of Rafalski. The deal is many teams want him and we do not have to freak out to sign with him by an overpayment.

I do not konw manything about the each option of each player in the Red Wings but if we can, I highly want to see Holmstrom gets traded. The loyalty matters all the time but I am very disappointed at him. He is slow, he cannot deflect the puck, he is too weak to spend the most of the regular season, his stick handling is horrible. Same with Chellios. He cannot play anymore.

I think the next season will be seriously hard for the Wings. Leino, Helm, Abdelkader, Ericsson will proably not perform that well next season as the full regular season as they step into the game. To replace Ozzie, Larsson and Howard have to show their potential level. We are not going to rebuild the team from the bottom to the top but we need a change because the Champ even needs a change

Who said the odds were low? I think this group has 3-5 years of serious cup contention.

Agreed, but this team will have to sort out some big things in the next few years.

Ozzie was amazing in the playoffs and made me less nervous about our goaltending situation for next year. But I'm not sure we can trust in Ozzie beyond next year. I have little faith in Howard becoming a good NHL goalie anytime soon, but Larsson looks a bit more interesting.

How many years does Lids have left? We need to start looking at what our defense will look like if he retires after next season.

We're not going to be as stacked offensively as we've been this year maybe for a long time, especially if the cap goes down with any significant amount.

Signing Hossa is imo not the right thing to do. I'm not as negative towards his playoffs as many are, but his still 30 years old and won't get much better. We have to get younger talent into the team. Z, Datsyuk and Franzen still probably have a couple of years left in their prime, and there's even a chance we haven't seen their best years yet, but signing Hossa as well would be too much money in too many players heading towards an age where they'll start declining.

This year we had a team of a kind that we might never again see in the salary cap era. Holland will have to be both smart and lucky to keep this team competitive when we have underpaid players getting raises and a salary cap that is on it's way down.