• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
djt813

Congrats, Pittsburgh... hope next time you have to earn it!

Rate this topic

Wow, lots of losers whining on this thread, "but but but, it was the refs fault" sob sob sob,,,, shake your heads. You guys got the breaks in games 1 and 2, if not then the series could have been a sweep for the Pens. The only game the wings were truly the better team was game 5. The wings D could not handle the Pens fore check and as a result spent long periods of time chasing the Pens in their own zone which not only created scoring chances for the Pens, but also wore down the wings, that was the difference. That and the fact that the Pens have more depth.

Maybe you are more graceful than I, but I can't give them that much credit. Yes we got away with some calls. Just because we got more PP doesn't mean they didn't deserve more calls than they got. Yes, we didn't get the job done on the PP, or overall for that matter. But still no reason to substitute "Pitt accomplishment" for still impressive if slightly less respectable "capitalizing on opportunities given them".

Better than us, I guess the score & Cup shows that to be true, but can't say as having watched the whole series that is the story of the games. We didn't do our jobs, I admit that and can't say we earned the win, but also can't say as we entirely blew it when there are so many calls. We just didn't overcome all the bad luck and create our own "luck" like we are capable of and should have done.

Good season Wings, recharge and don't leave so much up to luck this year.

Anyone notice that Bettman was beaming handing the Cup to Crosby this year, yet a bit uncomfortable and hesitant handing it to Lidstrom last year?

I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed that. He is nothing but a piece of s***!!

Guest Shoreline
Wow, lots of losers whining on this thread, "but but but, it was the refs fault" sob sob sob,,,, shake your heads. You guys got the breaks in games 1 and 2, if not then the series could have been a sweep for the Pens. The only game the wings were truly the better team was game 5. The wings D could not handle the Pens fore check and as a result spent long periods of time chasing the Pens in their own zone which not only created scoring chances for the Pens, but also wore down the wings, that was the difference. That and the fact that the Pens have more depth.

Disagree with most of your points here (except lots of whiners). The Wings were clearly the STRONGER team in Games 1 and 2, with far more pressure on the Penguins and more time in their zone. In those two games the Penguins looked like the gassed ones. And when a team is on top of their game, even if they get outshot, or outshoot their opponents, the breaks will come their way. That's exactly what happened in Games 1-4, Games 6, and Games 7. The Penguins earned their wins, and the Wings gave it their all, just being too tired in the end and it cost them.

Anyways, the series could have easily went to the Wings had a few bounces went differently, so there's no reason not to be proud of this team making it as far as they did.

Congratulations to Pittsburg, they did earn it.

The Wings had 4 games at home so to blame the refs is ludicrous.

Crosby and Malkin had great seasons.

The Wings need to make changes, ie get rid of Chelios once and for all, and prepare for the threat of anaheim and san jose and of course the Pens.

Guest Shoreline
Another thread full of crybaby Wingtards. What a surprise.

Just be glad that your favorite team doesn't suck as bad as you do.

Guess you're not going to "the Burgh" after all. Go figure. :lol:

Anyone denying this was a Cup win manufactured by Bettman needs to take 50 steps backward and view the big picture. They were always given the first call that broke the other teams momentum. All through the season. They were never called for anything the refs could let go that wasn't black and white while we weren't, ever. Orpik and Gill were so bad the refs knew they'd be calling s*** every 6 minutes. Linesmen making 90 feet away calls refs let go? Hook on Filppula that potentially takes away a goal? No call? The perpetual hooking, holding and grabbing in front of the net. The monster f***in maulings of our Holmstrom by Gill/Orpik. Must be bliss to be able to deny all this. This is what decides hockey. I've coached at levels from 9 years old to 17. You see it all. Reffing included. It's the little things that determine games. That build momentum. Strong pushes. And when you can't play your brand of hockey because at one end of the ice you're being illegally held up and kept from retrieving your dump in, it's a recipe for failure. When your crease crashers get crosschecked dozens of times away from the puck and play, you're not ever going to get anything going. Do you think if we were playing Carolina theyd be getting help like this? f*** that. Eastern conf team fans have been preaching all year and been told they're all nuts.

But I see it now.

Anyone trying to remain professional, why? You're a fan-not a pro hockey player. You're allowed to call it how it is. The league and pens fans know they, in the face of obvious truth, have two things on their side.

1-home fans who ridicule people who (legitimately) bash reffing for no other reason than thinking they must look upstanding, and...

2-the ability to just point at anyone who points out obvious favortism and call them "fans who don't like any calls against their boys" or the tired cop out "zomg conspiracy theorists!"

Fact is, I can admit when we lost because we deserved to. 03 wegot outworked. 04 we were too lazy. 06 we sat around too much and didn't backcheck.

But this year? Officiating f***ed us. Plain and simple. Bettman AND Pitt ***** after game 2? How convenient. Afterthat we got called for chincy s*** that constantly killed momentum and Pitt got away with anything that didn't. If you've got a gut and an eye for this s***, it's all as plain a day.

In black and white.

Edited by numberthirtynine

Guest Shoreline
Anyone denying this was a Cup win manufactured by Bettman needs to take 50 steps backward and view the big picture. They were always given the first call that broke the other teams momentum. All through the season. They were never called for anything the refs could let go that wasn't black and white while we weren't, ever. Orpik and Gill were so bad the refs knew they'd be calling s*** every 6 minutes.

Anyone trying to remain professional, why? You're a fan-not a pro hockey player. You're allowed to call it how it is. The league and pens fans know they, in the face of obvious truth, have two things on their side.

1-home fans who ridicule people who (legitimately) bash reffing for no other reason than thinking they must look upstanding, and...

2-the ability to just point at anyone who points out obvious favortism and call them "fans who don't like any calls against their boys" or the tired cop out "zomg conspiracy theorists!"

Fact is, I can admit when we lost because we deserved to. 03 wegot outworked. 04 we were too lazy. 06 we sat around too much and didn't backcheck.

But this year? Officiating f***ed us. Plain and simple. Bettman AND Pitt ***** after game 2? How convenient. Afterthat we got called for chincy s*** that constantly killed momentum and Pitt got away with anything that didn't. If you've got a gut and an eye for this s***, it's all as plain a day.

In black and white.

And you wonder why you're called a conspiracy theorist? Because of stupidity like this.

In all but one game the Wings were called first for a penalty. That one game the Penguins got called first? The Penguins still won that game 4-2. So much for the theory of it breaking momentum. Nextly, bashing the refereeing and making the claim that the Penguins win is manufactured are two different issues entirely. Most people bash the refs because they suck. However, most people are also smart enough to understand that there's NO evidence at all of the refs or league favoring the Penguins. None. Did you bother watching the losses the Wings had or are you too busy having a good ol' **** to that conspiracy of yours, or as you call it, the "big picture"? From start to finish in Games 3, 4, 6, and 7, the Wings looked tired. Tired teams take stupid penalties or make mental errors. If you watched these games, you'd see defensemen making critical turnovers, including Lidstrom, and taking bad penalties as tired teams do. Games 1 and 2 and 5 the Wings were on their game and were getting the breaks as a result.

It's funny to me how nutjobs believe this HAS to be a conspiracy the fact that the Penguins won, and not because they were the better team.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline
In this SCF:

Detroit's "stars" played better than Pittsburgh's.

Pittsburgh's "role players" played better than Detroit's.

One more thing: at the Rowdy BBQ, there is no difference between IC and IC Light; it all comes out of the same urinal.

Disagree completely that the Wings stars played better. If anything the Wings were riding the "depth" train while the "stars" train was virtually a no show.

Shoreline= Exhibit A. Notice I didn't just say this series? You're telling me you didn't notice it?

No matter how intelligent an objection, some folks just need to deny anythings up no matter what. Same people who think Dan O'Halloran is unbiased too maybe?

Guest Shoreline
Shoreline= Exhibit A. Notice I didn't just say this series? You're telling me you didn't notice it?

No matter how intelligent an objection, some folks just need to deny anythings up no matter what. Same people who think Dan O'Halloran is unbiased too maybe?

Funny. I have been complaining about the refereeing all season, and last series got into a rather lengthy debate with one of the moderators here about how they've been targeting specific penalties and overlooking others a la pre-lockout era. If you look past this series, you'd not be making the silly "Exhibit A" claim incorrectly. :)

Now, as for how this amounts to them conspiring against the Wings? NO evidence backing that whatsoever. Surely it's nice that you're speaking your mind, but it isn't in the slightest bit reasonable to assert that the league or refs gave the cup to the Penguins. Not at all. You have NOTHING to back this claim up with. I've been debating this s***ty excuse for every Wings loss since the Ducks series where some fans here blame it on the refs every time. Nowhere in this equation does it cross your mind that maybe you just falsely believe this team can or should go 98-0 and if they don't it's a conspiracy. It IS possible there's a better team out there, mind you, who does get more breaks.

You also never mentioned the fact that this team has been tired throughout the series, tired, injured, and made many mental errors. That slashing Malkin's stick in half would have been called if the Penguins had done it too. Of course, you'll likely blame this on the refs as well. I've heard and debated these tired and rehashed assertions before. There is no ref conspiracy. The only conspiracy here is certain people's inability to understand that the team that had the health, energy, and follow through in this series won it. If you want to suggest the refs suck ass and that Bettman is an incompetent ******, you have an agreement from me. If you want to suggest the refs/league conspired to give the Penguins the cup, you're out of your mind.

Edited by Shoreline

I don't know if anyone else in this thread was at the game last night, but I have this to say.

Maybe you didn't see the senseless no-look passes that ended up on Pittsburgh's sticks. Maybe you didn't see Detroit letting pucks bounce over their sticks endlessly. Maybe you didn't see the countless battles for the puck that Pittsburgh won. Maybe you didn't see Pittsburgh's shot-block total that would've given us over 20 more shots on net, and a good chance for a goal. You might not have thrown your hands in the air when Hossa carried the puck for way too long and lost it, or when one-timers that probably would've been goals were held onto instead for another Pittsburgh blocked shot.

You sure as hell didn't see the turnovers that gave Pittsburgh a pre-game warmup on Osgood. The ONLY 2 goals that Pittsburgh scored last night were goals that every kid and professional alike dream of scoring to win the Stanley Cup. They were freebies. They were GIFTS FROM THE RED WINGS.

The mistakes that were made last night that cost the Wings the game were the Wings fault. As hardcore of a fan that I am, there were maybe one or two times where I got upset at the refs last night. But in my seat, at the Joe last night, more times than one or two I said, "These guys look terrible", talking about our Red Wings.

Buy the DVD series that has all 7 games. Count EVERY ONE of Detroit's mistakes that somehow in some way could've led to a Detroit goal . Then count EVERY penalty against the Pens that wasn't called. We still lose.

both teams played well, but the pens played the game that detroit broguht to them last year. this year, detroit played the game that the pens brought last year. the pens played a more physical game that wore down the wings. they learned their lesson from last year. one thing that hur the wings was their overconfidence. they figured this series would be another walk in the park for them but the pens brought more to the picnic than what was expected adn the wings couldn't adjust enough. the only game the pens didn't "own" was game 5. the wings got some lucky breaks in games one and 2, mostly thanks to fluery's sub par play.

"good series" congrats go to both...but the more physical team won this year, same as last year.

Guest Shoreline
I don't know if anyone else in this thread was at the game last night, but I have this to say.

Maybe you didn't see the senseless no-look passes that ended up on Pittsburgh's sticks. Maybe you didn't see Detroit letting pucks bounce over their sticks endlessly. Maybe you didn't see the countless battles for the puck that Pittsburgh won. Maybe you didn't see Pittsburgh's shot-block total that would've given us over 20 more shots on net, and a good chance for a goal. You might not have thrown your hands in the air when Hossa carried the puck for way too long and lost it, or when one-timers that probably would've been goals were held onto instead for another Pittsburgh blocked shot.

You sure as hell didn't see the turnovers that gave Pittsburgh a pre-game warmup on Osgood. The ONLY 2 goals that Pittsburgh scored last night were goals that every kid and professional alike dream of scoring to win the Stanley Cup. They were freebies. They were GIFTS FROM THE RED WINGS.

The mistakes that were made last night that cost the Wings the game were the Wings fault. As hardcore of a fan that I am, there were maybe one or two times where I got upset at the refs last night. But in my seat, at the Joe last night, more times than one or two I said, "These guys look terrible", talking about our Red Wings.

Buy the DVD series that has all 7 games. Count EVERY ONE of Detroit's mistakes that somehow in some way could've led to a Detroit goal . Then count EVERY penalty against the Pens that wasn't called. We still lose.

This is the epitome of the Wings/Penguins series.

Wings made lots of mistakes. The Penguins capitalized. In Game 7 the Wings refused to take it to the front of the net, opting for the usual bad-angle shots we're used to seeing from a tired team, and the forecheck was absolutely abysmal, with usually 1 or 2 Wings going into the zone with the puck or dumping it in, and like 4 Penguins back to retrieve it and get it out -- there was very little puck support until the 3rd. When a team makes mistakes, mental errors, and doesn't keep things simple, this is what happens. When the Wings won the cup last year it was they who were taking advantage of Pittsburgh's mental errors. When the effort and fewer mental mistakes are there, the bounces go that team's way and ultimately the calls too.

The people who turn around to blame the referees and opt for this feel-good conspiracy s*** just don't get it at all.

Edited by Shoreline

Sadly you are right, only the score will be remember, not whether it was earned... and that just hurts more I think.

Remember game 3, we suffer 30 seconds of 6 on 5 play, refs see it & don't bother calling, then have the audacity to call us for a penalty 1 min later upon which Pit scores tying goal. Then call us for a weak interference in 3rd per for the same thing Hal Gill did all series long, upon which Pit scores winning goal. And Malkin racks up 3 assists in a game he rightfully should have been suspended from playing.

Makes you wonder why so many things have gone Pitt's way in this series????

What happened to "it all balances out in a series"????

Yes bitter, not letting it go, but also not gonna give Pitt more credit than they are due. They wanted it and cashed in on opportunities, but more often handed the opportunities by zebras than by our mistakes - with the obvious exception of our game 4 meltdown.

Once again proof that the NHL = WWE! They should just call the pens the Pittsburgh Michael Jordans.

In this SCF:

Detroit's "star" played better than Pittsburgh's.

Pittsburgh's "role players" played better than Detroit's.

One more thing: at the Rowdy BBQ, there is no difference between IC and IC Light; it all comes out of the same urinal.

Fixed.

Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Hossa = no shows

Zetterberg was the only "star" to play up to his capabilities.

Eh, your whining, but having Pens fans come in here and gloat make me want to blame the refs. Double negative, they were a better team then us, and earned this Cup, regardless of anything else. Pens fans, the good ones, enjoy it boys. Pens fans, the douchers, I hope Hal Gill loses the Cup in his pool like Blake did many moons ago.

classy wings fans, i give props to you. thanks for the congrats and actually giving our team credit. i truly hope we meet next year for a SCF rubber match....

and you guys have won how many SC's? i wouldn't hang my head.

Guest Shoreline

Btw.. how the penalties went down this year vs last year's finals.. (and the score for that game in parenthesis) - in bold are both the team with the most penalties and the team with the winning score..

Game 1: DET 5, PIT 6 (DET 4, PIT 0) <- Pens more penalties, Wings victory

Game 2: DET 8, PIT 15 (DET 3, PIT 0) <- Pens more penalties, Wings victory

Game 3: DET 3, PIT 5 (DET 2, PIT 3) <- Pens more penalties, Pens victory

Game 4: DET 8, PIT 5 (DET 2, PIT 1) <- Wings more penalties, Wings victory

Game 5: DET 6, PIT 6 (DET 3, PIT 4; 3OT) <- Tied in penalties, Pens victory

Game 6: DET 6, PIT 4 (DET 3, PIT 2) <- Wings more penalties, Wings victory

Game 1: DET 2, PIT 1 (DET 3, PIT 1) <- Wings more penalties, Wings victory

Game 2: DET 2, PIT 5 (DET 3, PIT 1) <- Pens more penalties, Wings victory

Game 3: DET 3, PIT 2 (DET 2, PIT 4) <- Wings more penalties, Pens victory

Game 4: DET 4, PIT 5 (DET 2, PIT 4) <- Pens more penalties, Pens victory

Game 5: DET 3, PIT 12 (DET 5, PIT 0) <- Pens more penalties, Wings victory

Game 6: DET 2, PIT 2 (DET 1, PIT 2) <- Tied in penalties, Pens victory

Game 7: DET 2, PIT 3 (DET 1, PIT 2) <- Pens more penalties, Pens victory

In 2008 finals, the team that had more penalties called on them was 3-2 (Wings with 2 of the 3 wins)

In 2009 finals, the team that had more penalties called on them was 3-3 (Pens with 2 of the 3 wins)

Total series penalties

2008: DET 36, PIT 41

2009: DET 18, PIT 28

Penguins called for more penalties in both series'.

Edited by Shoreline

Game 7 Pittsburgh 1st goal - offside play, as documented by NHL hired national broadcast crew.

Game 7 Pittsburgh 2nd goal - one minute after horrific Hal Gill interference on dump in, not surprisingly not called.

Detroit goal, well, no ref help on that one.

Real score: Detroit 1, Pittsburgh 0, NHL League office/Refs/Gary Bettman 2. Sorry to see the league goals are chalked up on the Pitt side!

Hate to be a bitter, homer fan, but the reality is that sometimes that is justified by the circumstances!

Refs ref and players play.

There is no conspiracy. The Wings lost. The Pens won. Refs ref, players play.

Refs can screw up, players can screw up (Brad Stuart).

You win and lose as a team.

This thread is just grasping at straws.

Guest REDWINGSFTW
Game 7 Pittsburgh 1st goal - offside play, as documented by NHL hired national broadcast crew.

Game 7 Pittsburgh 2nd goal - one minute after horrific Hal Gill interference on dump in, not surprisingly not called.

Detroit goal, well, no ref help on that one.

Real score: Detroit 1, Pittsburgh 0, NHL League office/Refs/Gary Bettman 2. Sorry to see the league goals are chalked up on the Pitt side!

Hate to be a bitter, homer fan, but the reality is that sometimes that is justified by the circumstances!

dude an icing is an icing, leave the offside play alone those are close calls, they shudve called the icing, the score wudve been 1, 1 u see the pressure detroit put at the end, they were playing good then, and an overtime wudve been in this game.