• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
djt813

Congrats, Pittsburgh... hope next time you have to earn it!

Rate this topic

Game 7 Pittsburgh 1st goal - offside play, as documented by NHL hired national broadcast crew.

Game 7 Pittsburgh 2nd goal - one minute after horrific Hal Gill interference on dump in, not surprisingly not called.

Detroit goal, well, no ref help on that one.

Real score: Detroit 1, Pittsburgh 0, NHL League office/Refs/Gary Bettman 2. Sorry to see the league goals are chalked up on the Pitt side!

Hate to be a bitter, homer fan, but the reality is that sometimes that is justified by the circumstances!

Wow you're such a baby and a sore loser. Grow up and accept the loss.

Wow you're such a baby and a sore loser. Grow up and accept the loss.

Only an idiot comes back to the opposing team's forum and tries to start s***. Respond to the comments or shut up.

I don't know if anyone else in this thread was at the game last night, but I have this to say.

Maybe you didn't see the senseless no-look passes that ended up on Pittsburgh's sticks. Maybe you didn't see Detroit letting pucks bounce over their sticks endlessly. Maybe you didn't see the countless battles for the puck that Pittsburgh won. Maybe you didn't see Pittsburgh's shot-block total that would've given us over 20 more shots on net, and a good chance for a goal. You might not have thrown your hands in the air when Hossa carried the puck for way too long and lost it, or when one-timers that probably would've been goals were held onto instead for another Pittsburgh blocked shot.

You sure as hell didn't see the turnovers that gave Pittsburgh a pre-game warmup on Osgood. The ONLY 2 goals that Pittsburgh scored last night were goals that every kid and professional alike dream of scoring to win the Stanley Cup. They were freebies. They were GIFTS FROM THE RED WINGS.

The mistakes that were made last night that cost the Wings the game were the Wings fault. As hardcore of a fan that I am, there were maybe one or two times where I got upset at the refs last night. But in my seat, at the Joe last night, more times than one or two I said, "These guys look terrible", talking about our Red Wings.

Buy the DVD series that has all 7 games. Count EVERY ONE of Detroit's mistakes that somehow in some way could've led to a Detroit goal . Then count EVERY penalty against the Pens that wasn't called. We still lose.

You know what, you could see this on TV too - that is if one wasn't wearing the red tinted homer glasses. Suck it up boys, we lost it as a team. The whining and excuses is pathetic. Get a pair and own up.

Game 7 Pittsburgh 1st goal - offside play, as documented by NHL hired national broadcast crew.

Game 7 Pittsburgh 2nd goal - one minute after horrific Hal Gill interference on dump in, not surprisingly not called.

Real score: Detroit 1, Pittsburgh 0, NHL League office/Refs/Gary Bettman 2. Sorry to see the league goals are chalked up on the Pitt side!

Hate to be a bitter, homer fan, but the reality is that sometimes that is justified by the circumstances!

Yea Detroit had 23 power plays in the series and the Pens had 14 power plays so suck a big one dude...

Who was the better team this series? Detroit or Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh.

Quit the excuses.

There were 4 1-goal games if you discount the empty netters and the Pens won 3 of them.

This is the best the Pens could do when were playing with our #1 and #2 D-man injured, Pavs out for 4 games and playing injured for 3.

Then throw in the ridiculous schedule and the fact that Malkin's suspension got waved.

Sorry, but I am bitter. I hope the Wings are bitter too and will do something about it next June.

The Hockey gods did not smile down on us...

But 8 of them were in the 5-0 blow-out idiot...

Yea and two of them were in the 3rd period of Game 7 when they gave the Wings every chance to comeback and tie the game and guess what they didnt score...I love how everybody says that when Datsyuk came back in Game 5 that the Wings were as good as gold, and now all of a sudden after the Wings lost the last two games with Datsyuk the injury excuses come back up.

I don't know if anyone else in this thread was at the game last night, but I have this to say.

Maybe you didn't see the senseless no-look passes that ended up on Pittsburgh's sticks. Maybe you didn't see Detroit letting pucks bounce over their sticks endlessly. Maybe you didn't see the countless battles for the puck that Pittsburgh won. Maybe you didn't see Pittsburgh's shot-block total that would've given us over 20 more shots on net, and a good chance for a goal. You might not have thrown your hands in the air when Hossa carried the puck for way too long and lost it, or when one-timers that probably would've been goals were held onto instead for another Pittsburgh blocked shot.

You sure as hell didn't see the turnovers that gave Pittsburgh a pre-game warmup on Osgood. The ONLY 2 goals that Pittsburgh scored last night were goals that every kid and professional alike dream of scoring to win the Stanley Cup. They were freebies. They were GIFTS FROM THE RED WINGS.

The mistakes that were made last night that cost the Wings the game were the Wings fault. As hardcore of a fan that I am, there were maybe one or two times where I got upset at the refs last night. But in my seat, at the Joe last night, more times than one or two I said, "These guys look terrible", talking about our Red Wings.

Buy the DVD series that has all 7 games. Count EVERY ONE of Detroit's mistakes that somehow in some way could've led to a Detroit goal . Then count EVERY penalty against the Pens that wasn't called. We still lose.

Said it better than I could. Yes, there were calls and no-calls I disagree with, but you typically enjoy some luck in winning the Cup (last year the Wings got to the SCF going through 3 teams with significant injuries) and the Pens capitalized on their chances and the Wings didn't. If the Wings had lost the series against Anaheim, I would have never let the problems with the calls go (they still burn me), but there was no bias in the calls in the Finals like there was in that series.

Also, anyone who can't see the difference in play between the Wings in games 1 and 2 (lots of energy, checks completed, going to the net) and in games 6 and 7 (few checks, being satisfied with perimeter shots), go back and watch the games.

I'm not happy with how the series turned out, but I accept that the Pens won based on their efforts.

Congrats Pens.... Next Time shake hands like MEN .....and the sun shines on a dog ass once in a while....enjoy it Pitts...

The Pens shook the Wings hands. I dont know what the Wings expected the Pens to do. Did they want them to go right over there immediately after the horn sounded and shake their hands before they celebrated with their teammates for a little bit?? I mean they celebrated for 5 minutes then they lined up and shook hands like they showed on NBC...

Seriously Red Wing fans..... quit being pathetic. Your pusssy ass players were too busy waaaaaaaa'ing at the refs and waaaaa'ing bc they lost they just wanted 2 get off the ice. You ******* will do anything to make yourselves feel better about getting punked. You aren't even real fans which is histerical. hahahahahahha

WE JUST BEAT YOU AT HOME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH

I mentioned this before the game, that I was actually more confident just by listening to the interviews of the players and coaches from both teams. On the Wings side everyone, including coaches, were just saying how much fun this is and they have never been in a game 7 so they are really enjoying it , etc. One reporter asked Zetterberg if having a home game can be a distraction because of tickets, etc...and he said well no you gotta have fun with it. Same with Babcock, Osgood, and so on. They were all talking about how much fun they were having.

And the Pens you had something totally different. They didn't talk about the fact they are in a game 7 so they are appreciating it and having fun, they talked about what it was going to take to win..but they knew they could lose..and that was the difference. Wings didn't see losing as an option. It was already a lock. And after the game was proof where the Pens minds were. They weren't prepared to celebrate, had no idea how to when it happened. Crosby was late getting over to shaking the Wings hands, he was caught up with celebrating with some of his teammates, so to do that wasn't on his mind. And none of the Pens skated around with the cup lol...they handed it off to each other and skated about 10 feet and back.

So believe me, this team couldn't have been more prepared. And we can all thank Bylsma for that. Im sorry but there is no way we win with another coach. I know that's just speculation and we don't know if others could make this team better too, but he was the perfect fit. The guy has won championships his whole life, writing books about it, and was so upset about losing in the Finals as a player that every time a team won a championship in any sport, he would turn it off right before the celebration because he couldn't watch, that is how much it bothered him he said. So there is no way he was going to lose this game, and same with the players. They came to win, not enjoy the fact they are in a game 7.

I am still in shock, and so are the people here in Detroit lol

Seriously Red Wing fans..... quit being pathetic. Your pusssy ass players were too busy waaaaaaaa'ing at the refs and waaaaa'ing bc they lost they just wanted 2 get off the ice. You ******* will do anything to make yourselves feel better about getting punked. You aren't even real fans which is histerical. hahahahahahha

WE JUST BEAT YOU AT HOME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH

Proof that the public school system in Pittsburgh is a failure.

There were 4 1-goal games if you discount the empty netters and the Pens won 3 of them.

This is the best the Pens could do when were playing with our #1 and #2 D-man injured, Pavs out for 4 games and playing injured for 3.

Then throw in the ridiculous schedule and the fact that Malkin's suspension got waved.

Sorry, but I am bitter. I hope the Wings are bitter too and will do something about it next June.

The Hockey gods did not smile down on us...

if you throw away all the goals the penguins scored , you guys swept us in four games with four shutouts!

no more excuses, no more sour grapes. we beat you 4 out of 5 games. you scored 1 goal in each of the two games you could have eliminated us. so yes, i would say we earned. third team ever to win the cup in game seven on the road.

......congratiulations on another spectacular season as always and i hope we see you next year again.

What a bitter bunch of babies are the Wings Fans? I am glad the way it worked out. Heck the Pgh Pirates even beat the sorry ass Tigers today after we showed them the cup. Detroit is a crime ridden rathole with pathetic fans!!