• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
djt813

Congrats, Pittsburgh... hope next time you have to earn it!

Rate this topic

What a bitter bunch of babies are the Wings Fans? I am glad the way it worked out. Heck the Pgh Pirates even beat the sorry ass Tigers today after we showed them the cup. Detroit is a crime ridden rathole with pathetic fans!!

Oh the irony.

Oh the irony.

[/quo

Definition of icing - What the refs don't call when the Pens score the first goal in game 7. Hockeytown......just like the Cowboys are America's team. Give me a break. They even took the Cup to PNC Park today so the Tigers Players could see what it looks like up close. By the way, Tigers lost as usual. Sid the Kid for Pres!!!!

Oh the irony.

Definition of icing - What the refs don't call when the Pens score the first goal in game 7. Hockeytown......just like the Cowboys are America's team. Give me a break. They even took the Cup to PNC Park today so the Tigers Players could see what it looks like up close. By the way, Tigers lost as usual. Sid the Kid for Pres!!!!

Good for you.

if you throw away all the goals the penguins scored , you guys swept us in four games with four shutouts!

no more excuses, no more sour grapes. we beat you 4 out of 5 games. you scored 1 goal in each of the two games you could have eliminated us. so yes, i would say we earned. third team ever to win the cup in game seven on the road.

......congratiulations on another spectacular season as always and i hope we see you next year again.

You capitalized on the injuries. Congratulations, well done but don't get too excited and act like you pummeled a healthy team. You barely beat us and our key guys were playing injured.

Just leave.

Wait why don't you go to the Penguins board and laugh all you want.

Why should I go anywhere? I'm not a Penguins fan. I don't patronize the boards of other teams as I am not a fan of those teams and therefore neither the conversation nor the people would interest me.

Got a problem, son?

Pittsburgh DID earn the Cup.

There is no conspiracy here. Did some of the calls blow? Absolutely. But they blew for every team in every round of this playoff run. The Pens won because they wanted it more. These teams were far more evenly matched than they were last year and it became more and more obvious to me as time went on. I'd even go so far as to say that if the series went to 8 games, we'd been seeing a 4-4 tie.

It was dead even. But in the final game, Pittsburgh made that extra push and we just didn't. That's all there is to it.

Why should I go anywhere? I'm not a Penguins fan. I don't patronize the boards of other teams as I am not a fan of those teams and therefore neither the conversation nor the people would interest me.

Got a problem, son?

If you ain't a Penguins fan why do you want them here, just so you can laugh. They can laugh at us for choking TWICE.

If you ain't a Penguins fan why do you want them here, just so you can laugh. They can laugh at us for choking TWICE.

If they're going to be here, they might as well entertain us and reading their pathetic attempts to get people angry is entertaining. They want to get people yelling and screaming and ranting at them so they can scurry back from whence they came and gloat that they got under our skin. If we laugh at them, their feeble attempts at trolling aren't working. Sooner or later, they'll get pissed off that they can't make us angry and leave. There's a method to this dear, follow along.

Furthermore, you better not be questioning my fandom. Consider that a gentle reminder.

Edited by Electrophile

I'm so glad this is over in one aspect regardless of whether the Wings won or lost.

Officating in any sport is going to be inconsistent and there are going to be blown calls or bad ones in every game. Get the f**k over it. It is not a difficult concept to understand.

There is no officiating conspiracy or purposefully handing Pitt the Cup no matter how much you want to belive it, no matter how much attention Crosby or Pittsburgh gets, whatever.

Detroit had their chance. Twice. They didn't do it. They have nobody to blame but themselves for that.

Get over the refereing slant.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

well, not to fuel the fire on the refs but..... Orpik allowed to two hand Cleary.....

Look how close the ref is looking at the situation, like he is looking to make sure Orpik doesn't commit a penalty, or maybe he was just looking to see if Cleary had swabbed out his ears that morning...

Edited by LeftWinger

You capitalized on the injuries. Congratulations, well done but don't get too excited and act like you pummeled a healthy team. You barely beat us and our key guys were playing injured.

yes we capitalized on injuries. i apologize for the league not postponing the series until your boys were healthy.

Edited by reggiedunlop

well, not to fuel the fire on the refs but..... Orpik allowed to two hand Cleary.....

Look how close the ref is looking at the situation, like he is looking to make sure Orpik doesn't commit a penalty, or maybe he was just looking to see if Cleary had swabbed out his ears that morning...

It's not like we were doing anything with our PPs anyway. :)

Edited by MidMichSteve

The NHL is a first and foremost a business. They will do whatever they have to do to increase revenue. I do think that the league/officials had a bias and gave the Pens a favorable call in terms of timing, getting the first power play, etc. At the same time, I think it is something the Red Wings can overcome. Like it or not, it's part of the game and I think they knew that.

The NHL is a first and foremost a business. They will do whatever they have to do to increase revenue. I do think that the league/officials had a bias and gave the Pens a favorable call in terms of timing, getting the first power play, etc. At the same time, I think it is something the Red Wings can overcome. Like it or not, it's part of the game and I think they knew that.

just to be clear........ you are saying the NHL instructed ALL the ref's and linesmen to give the Pens preferrential treatment? To disrupt redwings momentum etc?

just to be clear........ you are saying the NHL instructed ALL the ref's and linesmen to give the Pens preferrential treatment? To disrupt redwings momentum etc?

Mmm... Not exactly. They instructed the refs to keep the game competitive. But sure, the preference was going to go towards whoever was the "sexier" winner and Pittsburgh fought hard enough to be in the finals and give themselves that opportunity. That's just how it goes.

I used to think ideas like that were stupid. But when you see how the NBA operates and how Bettman has to keep the NHL competitive in order for the league to exist then it's understandable as to why they do such things. I'm not really trying to discount the Pens win. It's just the game and world we live in and you have to learn how to play it otherwise you lose.

Yes, I saw that; there were lots of people dressed up as empty seats.

So, why did it take so long?

You want to blame something for the Wings loss, try this:

apple_turnovers.jpg

If any Penns fan were to see this thread, they would probably feel great about and laugh their asses off. I would if it were the other way. A bunch of spoiled whiney Wings fans who are even bigger sore losers than Crosby was last year.

Exzactly,I have been proud of us wings fans I thought we would never stoop to this.What happened to our pride as RED WINGS FANS.We are the most spoild fans in the NHL.WE have the best team around.I for one would rather be a Wings fan without the cup then any other teams fan with the cup.I am a Red Wing fan and I don't make excuses for loses.in the same way I don't care about the other teams fans excuses for their loses,I thought we did'nt make excuses for our team when they lose.When the Wings are in their grove even the refs can't stop them from winning.

:blink: Dude, Tigers have seen it up close 4 out of the 12 seasons... Oh I forgot, you are not aware that the same guy owns BOTH the Tigers and the Red Wings.... Of course that would require you to be a knowledgable fan. Now go home nd put your Jersey away until the Pens re in the playoffs again, because we all know you won't wear it until AT LEAST the foorball season is over... bandwangon=pens fans