Photo
* * * - - 11 votes

Congrats, Pittsburgh... hope next time you have to earn it!

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

AHAHAHAHA. What a maroon. We're so far into your heads we're coming out the other side.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#102 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (RedWingsBlewIT @ June 14, 2009 - 06:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a bitter bunch of babies are the Wings Fans? I am glad the way it worked out. Heck the Pgh Pirates even beat the sorry ass Tigers today after we showed them the cup. Detroit is a crime ridden rathole with pathetic fans!!

Oh the irony.

#103 RedWingsBlewIT

RedWingsBlewIT

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

[quote name='Doc Holiday' date='June 14, 2009 - 07:05PM' post='1733815']
Oh the irony.
[/quo

Definition of icing - What the refs don't call when the Pens score the first goal in game 7. Hockeytown......just like the Cowboys are America's team. Give me a break. They even took the Cup to PNC Park today so the Tigers Players could see what it looks like up close. By the way, Tigers lost as usual. Sid the Kid for Pres!!!!

#104 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (RedWingsBlewIT @ June 14, 2009 - 07:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 14, 2009 - 07:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh the irony.

Definition of icing - What the refs don't call when the Pens score the first goal in game 7. Hockeytown......just like the Cowboys are America's team. Give me a break. They even took the Cup to PNC Park today so the Tigers Players could see what it looks like up close. By the way, Tigers lost as usual. Sid the Kid for Pres!!!!

Good for you.

#105 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (reggiedunlop @ June 14, 2009 - 06:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you throw away all the goals the penguins scored , you guys swept us in four games with four shutouts!
no more excuses, no more sour grapes. we beat you 4 out of 5 games. you scored 1 goal in each of the two games you could have eliminated us. so yes, i would say we earned. third team ever to win the cup in game seven on the road.

......congratiulations on another spectacular season as always and i hope we see you next year again.

You capitalized on the injuries. Congratulations, well done but don't get too excited and act like you pummeled a healthy team. You barely beat us and our key guys were playing injured.

Do or do not. There is no try

#106 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

Please Pens trolls.....post more! We could all use the laughs. LOL

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#107 RedWingsBlewIT

RedWingsBlewIT

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ June 14, 2009 - 07:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

#108 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ June 14, 2009 - 06:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just leave.

Wait why don't you go to the Penguins board and laugh all you want.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#109 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (HadThomasVokounOnFortSt @ June 14, 2009 - 07:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just leave.

Wait why don't you go to the Penguins board and laugh all you want.

Why should I go anywhere? I'm not a Penguins fan. I don't patronize the boards of other teams as I am not a fan of those teams and therefore neither the conversation nor the people would interest me.

Got a problem, son?

#110 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

Pittsburgh DID earn the Cup.

There is no conspiracy here. Did some of the calls blow? Absolutely. But they blew for every team in every round of this playoff run. The Pens won because they wanted it more. These teams were far more evenly matched than they were last year and it became more and more obvious to me as time went on. I'd even go so far as to say that if the series went to 8 games, we'd been seeing a 4-4 tie.

It was dead even. But in the final game, Pittsburgh made that extra push and we just didn't. That's all there is to it.
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#111 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ June 14, 2009 - 06:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why should I go anywhere? I'm not a Penguins fan. I don't patronize the boards of other teams as I am not a fan of those teams and therefore neither the conversation nor the people would interest me.

Got a problem, son?

If you ain't a Penguins fan why do you want them here, just so you can laugh. They can laugh at us for choking TWICE.

#112 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (HadThomasVokounOnFortSt @ June 14, 2009 - 07:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you ain't a Penguins fan why do you want them here, just so you can laugh. They can laugh at us for choking TWICE.

If they're going to be here, they might as well entertain us and reading their pathetic attempts to get people angry is entertaining. They want to get people yelling and screaming and ranting at them so they can scurry back from whence they came and gloat that they got under our skin. If we laugh at them, their feeble attempts at trolling aren't working. Sooner or later, they'll get pissed off that they can't make us angry and leave. There's a method to this dear, follow along.

Furthermore, you better not be questioning my fandom. Consider that a gentle reminder.

Edited by Electrophile, 14 June 2009 - 07:02 PM.

#113 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, and look at how that is turning out so far? They keep coming.

#114 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (HadThomasVokounOnFortSt @ June 14, 2009 - 08:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, and look at how that is turning out so far? They keep coming.

They are going to keep coming regardless.

#115 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

I'm so glad this is over in one aspect regardless of whether the Wings won or lost.

Officating in any sport is going to be inconsistent and there are going to be blown calls or bad ones in every game. Get the f**k over it. It is not a difficult concept to understand.

There is no officiating conspiracy or purposefully handing Pitt the Cup no matter how much you want to belive it, no matter how much attention Crosby or Pittsburgh gets, whatever.

Detroit had their chance. Twice. They didn't do it. They have nobody to blame but themselves for that.

Get over the refereing slant.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 14 June 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#116 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

well, not to fuel the fire on the refs but..... Orpik allowed to two hand Cleary.....

Look how close the ref is looking at the situation, like he is looking to make sure Orpik doesn't commit a penalty, or maybe he was just looking to see if Cleary had swabbed out his ears that morning...

Edited by LeftWinger, 16 June 2009 - 06:56 PM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#117 reggiedunlop

reggiedunlop

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (chrisdetroit @ June 14, 2009 - 07:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You capitalized on the injuries. Congratulations, well done but don't get too excited and act like you pummeled a healthy team. You barely beat us and our key guys were playing injured.

yes we capitalized on injuries. i apologize for the league not postponing the series until your boys were healthy.

Edited by reggiedunlop, 15 June 2009 - 07:26 AM.

Gloves off, stick down, no warning, he challenged the Pens!

#118 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (LeftWinger @ June 14, 2009 - 11:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, not to fuel the fire on the refs but..... Orpik allowed to two hand Cleary.....

Look how close the ref is looking at the situation, like he is looking to make sure Orpik doesn't commit a penalty, or maybe he was just looking to see if Cleary had swabbed out his ears that morning...

It's not like we were doing anything with our PPs anyway. smile.gif

Edited by MidMichSteve, 15 June 2009 - 07:24 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#119 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

The NHL is a first and foremost a business. They will do whatever they have to do to increase revenue. I do think that the league/officials had a bias and gave the Pens a favorable call in terms of timing, getting the first power play, etc. At the same time, I think it is something the Red Wings can overcome. Like it or not, it's part of the game and I think they knew that.

#120 reggiedunlop

reggiedunlop

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ June 15, 2009 - 08:48AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The NHL is a first and foremost a business. They will do whatever they have to do to increase revenue. I do think that the league/officials had a bias and gave the Pens a favorable call in terms of timing, getting the first power play, etc. At the same time, I think it is something the Red Wings can overcome. Like it or not, it's part of the game and I think they knew that.

just to be clear........ you are saying the NHL instructed ALL the ref's and linesmen to give the Pens preferrential treatment? To disrupt redwings momentum etc?
Gloves off, stick down, no warning, he challenged the Pens!