• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
albo23

Jay Bouwmeester

Rate this topic

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Raffi? He's a hometown hero and our second-best defenseman - after, arguably, the best blueliner of all time!

It makes me sick to think that there are Wings fans badmouthing Rafalski.

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Raffi? He's a hometown hero and our second-best defenseman - after, arguably, the best blueliner of all time!

It makes me sick to think that there are Wings fans badmouthing Rafalski.

It is not really bad mouthing. I don't dislike him. He has been substandard. Which does not make me want to throw him in the fire but man can he cause a turn over or 30. I would say second best defender is arguable too. I don't understand what is so hard you are so easy to throw people in the fire. I disagree with you on Hossa. I would consider it. I think that gaining Raf from the East was risk because of the East being a cake walk compared to the west. It has worked out pretty well but if your willing to throw so much blame on Hossa... IDK seems hypocritical to me, just a little.

Won't happen. Hossa will be re-signed, and the Wings will be in salary cap hell for the next seven years. Just the impression that I get. I really think Hossa will be re-signed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hossa and Samuelsson being let go to allow a little bit of flexibility, Hudler as well if he demands too much money.

The Grand Rapids kids have proven that they can play in the NHL. Give them a shot, and fill out the roster with Laperriere type hungry role players.

AMEN BROTHER!

Sorry im confused, if Hossa walks why couldnt we sign J-bo?

7.45 comes off our books and wasnt Jay only making 4. something? I guess that figure would jump but surely not to Hossa type salary.

edit: oops i didn't take into account Z and mules pay rises. I see now.

Also as a sidenote i think we will be resigning hossa. But i think it will be for alot less than what hes on now. He wont be making D/Z money...but maybe im just crazy.

If we did get jay though i would want to unload one of D but rafi and stuart are both NTC.

Edited by crotty99

Jay for me is the best 25 and under defencemen in the world. We need a future Nick and he may not be even close to that but he is a closer then any one else on our current team. Any team with Jay in their top pairing for the next 10 years will be very happy.

We should really trade Kronwall + Hudler + Picks against a top D-Man (preferably with no cups)

Both of them are overrated and we could be the winning side of the trade.

We need guys looking for cups. And not former Pittsburgh guys ;)

We should really trade Kronwall + Hudler + Picks against a top D-Man (preferably with no cups)

Both of them are overrated and we could be the winning side of the trade.

We need guys looking for cups. And not former Pittsburgh guys ;)

Do even watch hockey? Maybe you just started after game 2 of the finals... Kronwall, overrated. First who rates him high? if anything he is underrated. Second you tell me what top d-man you want for Kronic, Huds, Plus picks, Maybe your unsure cause you don't know. Maybe you developed your opinion listened to the really intelligent folk that call into 97.1. Maybe not, maybe your a huge fan and watch alot of hockey and your just not very smart.

I'd love to have Bouwmeester but after reading this: "Holland said his defense is in place. The top seven are Lidstrom, Rafalski, Niklas Kronwall, Brad Stuart, Jonathan Ericsson, Brett Lebda and Lilja, whose future remains a bit murky due to persistent headaches." I think we can forget about it.

I'd love to have Bouwmeester but after reading this: "Holland said his defense is in place. The top seven are Lidstrom, Rafalski, Niklas Kronwall, Brad Stuart, Jonathan Ericsson, Brett Lebda and Lilja, whose future remains a bit murky due to persistent headaches." I think we can forget about it.

I truthfully don't mind the Defense situation.

It is not really bad mouthing. I don't dislike him. He has been substandard. Which does not make me want to throw him in the fire but man can he cause a turn over or 30. I would say second best defender is arguable too. I don't understand what is so hard you are so easy to throw people in the fire. I disagree with you on Hossa. I would consider it. I think that gaining Raf from the East was risk because of the East being a cake walk compared to the west. It has worked out pretty well but if your willing to throw so much blame on Hossa... IDK seems hypocritical to me, just a little.

Raffi did have a bad playoff bt here is the thing if we got rid of players for having a bad palyoff Yzerman would not have won a cup along with Federov Datsyuk, Zettebrg and many more inlcuding Lidstrom

Raffi did have a bad playoff bt here is the thing if we got rid of players for having a bad palyoff Yzerman would not have won a cup along with Federov Datsyuk, Zettebrg and many more inlcuding Lidstrom

Agreed. After considering this for a moment I have no intrest at all in Raffi leaving or Jay coming...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

For those who don't know BOuwmeister is pretty much a top 5 defensemen in the league, and would give us hands down the best D in the league right now. Lidstrom isn't going to last forever and has max 3 good years left in him. While I have no doubt Ericcson Kronwall and Stuart will still be good top 4s, after a few years Raffi is in his late 30s and has never been a "Number one Defensemen".

Bouwmiester for me is the obvious choice, and could be sigend to Hossa Like money.

Our Offense, when not hurt, would still be in the top of the leauge, as Cleary can step up to a top 6 role and provide a good 25+ goals, and Datstyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen will all have monster seasons, as well As Filpulla who I can tell is just about to break out. Couple thhat with Leino and Holmstrom as a powerplay specialst and we have a fearsome forward coup.

Question is, would you sacrifice resinging those 3 fowardds for a top 5 defesnemen in the league? He's offense savy and would be the best hitter on the team.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I think it's highly debatable that Bouwmeester is among the top-5 defencemen in the league.

Your list? Surley hes at least in the top ten. And he's young. For the Wing's style, I'd take him over Mike Green 10/10

1st of Bowmeester wants too much money and second off philly has him on their radar. Knowing they are going to have to release half their roster to get him. The problem with the Redwings wasn't defense as much as they just collectively had a bad season. I would still take this defense core over any in the league.

I wouldn't, not chance in Hell. Bouwmeester is a great D-man and can put the puck in the net. Our problem was not defense this season our problem was just being tired and beat up and just didn't have the fire we had last season. No reason to be making hasty big changes just becasue we lost the Cup. Remember we made it to the Finals and 7 Games. If our problem was on defense we would have been out in the first round.