• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

position-by position off-season preview:

Rate this topic

You guys overlook something:

Signing Hossa doesn't limit us as much as you might think. Even without Hossa there are not any sure-fire fits with the Wings above grinder-level. And replacing Hossa with a grinder doesn't make any sense at all. So yes, it SEEMS like we're screwed if we re-sign Hossa cap-wise, but really, who else are we goign to get?

It's really down to Bouwmeester or a few roleplayers who could disappear even easier than Hossa did.

You guys overlook something:

Signing Hossa doesn't limit us as much as you might think. Even without Hossa there are not any sure-fire fits with the Wings above grinder-level. And replacing Hossa with a grinder doesn't make any sense at all. So yes, it SEEMS like we're screwed if we re-sign Hossa cap-wise, but really, who else are we goign to get?

It's really down to Bouwmeester or a few roleplayers who could disappear even easier than Hossa did.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I couldn't have said it better myself

Neil, or whoever everyone has elected to the wings will not fill the role of what we really need, its not Grit, we have Helm (who will be a wing next season) and Abs who will be great 3rd line guys for us. We need secondary scoring from somewhere, whether from the backend or the forward position. If we lose Hossa and Hudler who will replace the 110+ points that they produced in the reg season? Neil won't. With the decline of Homer, we really could be a one line team next year if we lose those 2 guys and don't replace them. And even if we split up Dats and Z we still kinda have to use players who aren't 100% suited as fill ins.

Franzen-Z-Cleary

Flip-Dats-?

While they are good players, I would feel a lot better not having Cleary as a first line player all season, hes so much better on the first line when he proves he can keep up, which is for about 1/2 the season, but, hes like a lot of role players, hes hot for a month, and then cools down. So my point is this, grinders aren't a bad idea, but, we need balanced scoring to win.

Guest blueadams
I say go for Cammalleri, & Komisarek; both ex-Wolverines.

well, sounds like we're set defensively according to holand. so no raffy trades. ---> part of replacing all the pts that hudler gives u in the reg. season (but not the playoffs...for some reason?) is NOT giving up all the pts that he gave up in the reg. season with his poor defense.

this is what im talking about...if u dont want to resign hossa, fine, get better players. but if you dont want to resign him for the sake of bringing sammy and hudler back.....go fly a kite

Actually, you can go fly a kite as you RE READ my post....There are 5-6 guys that could go or not be re-signed this year. This is not all interdependant on Hossa...Hudler could get an offer of 3 mill and walk because we won't match that. I was simply stating that we COULD get a player like Cammie and still keep Huds..and those are good options if Hossa is not an option.

You want to trade Raffie when the guy was 3rd in D points this year? Now we find out he was playing with a herniated disc in the playoffs. Talk about throwing someone under a bus