• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How sweet would a Wings/Pens finals be next year?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

In my mind, as things stand right now, there are 4, possibly 5 teams with a shot at getting to the SCF next season...

Detroit, obviously.

Chicago, only going to improve.

Anaheim, always a threat in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh, of course.

Washington, anythings possible with ovechkin.

if we could face off against pitt in the finals again...in addition to how great it would be to get revenge...imagine how great it would be for the league?

No. Wings should play a funner and more competitive team than the Penguins. I want to see Caps/Wings series. Penguins are ******* boring to watch, all they do is interfere, hold, clutch... pathetic hockey. They are disgrace to NHL...

Caps would be a much better series.

This thread sucks, btw.

There are way more teams that could become a contender. The fact that the rematch happened this year was astonishing. I doubt it will happen again. Though, I'd love another shot at them.

I hate how it feels like the Pens' cup kinda negated ours because they got "revenge." I feel awful about it.

It would be cool but, NO!!

I do not even want to see the Penguins get close to the Cup ever again. The thought of ever having to look at Bettman and Crosby with the the oldest trophy in sports makes me sick.

How sweet would it be if both Anaslime and s***tsburgh missed the playoffs next year!!

I really don't see the Pens making it past the first round next season. I imagine they will struggle to make playoffs again.

The Wings, on the other hand, will return to one of the top seeds yet again and with a grittier team hungry for a win (the last time we lost a playoff series we shuold have won, we followed it up with a Cup victory) and will probably make finals. Conference Finals at LEAST.

I doubt we'll be seeing the Penguins deep in the playoffs (if they even make the playoffs) again for awhile. Their team is due to dismantle and they are having cap issues. Their GM doesn't have the mojo like Kenny Holland does.

Pittsburgh is a sinking ship, I expect to see players jumping off like crazy now.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, I would think that we would have to worry about our own division first. Particularly with Chicago (or one to two years). Columbus may be a team on the rise. In order for us to make it back, our defense needs a shot in the arm. Maltby should be let go of...we have found replacements. I still don't know why he played in the finals. Our youth should be given more of a chance. I don't know if Osgood can be any better than he has been. Trying to make it to the finals three years in a row will be a hard task. If I remember correctly, Dallas was the last team that had such an opportunity, winning the cup in 1999, losing to New Jersey in 2000 and getting knocked out in the Conference finals (I believe) in 2001. I hate to be a party pooper, but it wouldn't surprise me if neither team makes it back to the finals. I don't care how young Crosby and Malkin are, wear and tear is still wear and tear. Besides, Pittsburgh has the bull's-eye on their backs now! They will find out how hard it is to win. NO ONE will lay down against them. If I were Pittsburgh, I would be very much concerned with Washington. They will be a threat to them for many years to come. I would love to see Wings/Pens III, especially now that we have the motivation of wanting to knock them off their championship pedestal and show that the Wings are not "done" as a good team, but the odds are not in Detroit's or Pittsburgh's favor.

The pens barely made it through washinton, Boston will learn from this past year and might be the contender from That East. The pens will lose some good players because of the cap, if they sign everyone to their salary this past season they will be over I think by $6 million. detroit needs to add speed, youth and physical pressure from the 3rd and 4th lines like helm to help get by the ducks and sharks. chicago is young and fast but they are going to lose players because of the cap.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, I would think that we would have to worry about our own division first. Particularly with Chicago (or one to two years). Columbus may be a team on the rise. In order for us to make it back, our defense needs a shot in the arm. Maltby should be let go of...we have found replacements. I still don't know why he played in the finals. Our youth should be given more of a chance. I don't know if Osgood can be any better than he has been. Trying to make it to the finals three years in a row will be a hard task. If I remember correctly, Dallas was the last team that had such an opportunity, winning the cup in 1999, losing to New Jersey in 2000 and getting knocked out in the Conference finals (I believe) in 2001. I hate to be a party pooper, but it wouldn't surprise me if neither team makes it back to the finals. I don't care how young Crosby and Malkin are, wear and tear is still wear and tear. Besides, Pittsburgh has the bull's-eye on their backs now! They will find out how hard it is to win. NO ONE will lay down against them. If I were Pittsburgh, I would be very much concerned with Washington. They will be a threat to them for many years to come. I would love to see Wings/Pens III, especially now that we have the motivation of wanting to knock them off their championship pedestal and show that the Wings are not "done" as a good team, but the odds are not in Detroit's or Pittsburgh's favor.

Nope, the 2001 Stars never made it past the second round. It was Colorado over St. Louis believe it or not. I agree that it is tough to make it 3 years in a row, but it has happened before. So why not?

I really don't see the Pens making it past the first round next season. I imagine they will struggle to make playoffs again.

The Wings, on the other hand, will return to one of the top seeds yet again and with a grittier team hungry for a win (the last time we lost a playoff series we shuold have won, we followed it up with a Cup victory) and will probably make finals. Conference Finals at LEAST.

I've been telling that to everybody.

There is nothing that I want more right now (in hockey).

They won the rematch and now we need round 3 to declare the undisputed champ.

This, however, is highly unlikely as there will be a lot more teams from the East than just Washington and Pittsburgh that you've mentioned. The West I pretty much agree with.

You're kidding yourself if you think the Pens won't be a playoff team next season. And if the Wings don't buck up they'll get embarrassed by them again in the Cup finals if they both get back.

Pens could barely win against an injured Red Wings team, I doubt they'll be so lucky again (if they do make it to the SCF -- which they won't). Wings is built for many years to come and will only get better.

Penguins will dismantle, a few of their players will jump ship. They won't be able to afford to be a contending team for awhile, and with the way their fans are, Penguins may go bankrupt before they are contenders again....

No. Wings should play a funner and more competitive team than the Penguins. I want to see Caps/Wings series. Penguins are ******* boring to watch, all they do is interfere, hold, clutch... pathetic hockey. They are disgrace to NHL...

Caps would be a much better series.

This thread sucks, btw.

This post sucks, btw

You do realize the Wings do it just as much right. The pens just played harder and fought through it when the Wings did now.

Pens could barely win against an injured Red Wings team, I doubt they'll be so lucky again (if they do make it to the SCF -- which they won't). Wings is built for many years to come and will only get better.

Penguins will dismantle, a few of their players will jump ship. They won't be able to afford to be a contending team for awhile, and with the way their fans are, Penguins may go bankrupt before they are contenders again....

....but you're not bitter.

THN reported this a while back and said it again today. They sum it up pretty well. There are a few teams in the east that could challenge but it's unlikely. The idea of teams in the west challenging Detroit was fairly laughable to them. They think next 2-3 years will be good bets for Detroit-Pittsburgh finals. I honestly can't say I disagree. Time will tell, but it's going to be tough for other teams to catch up real fast.

I don't see how it couldn't happen. I mean, I don't think either team will be that fundamentally different next season. It's entirely possible we could have a rematch for the third straight year. It might be boring for the fans of other teams, but they'll get over it.