• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How sweet would a Wings/Pens finals be next year?

Rate this topic

No. Wings should play a funner and more competitive team than the Penguins. I want to see Caps/Wings series. Penguins are ******* boring to watch, all they do is interfere, hold, clutch... pathetic hockey. They are disgrace to NHL...

Caps would be a much better series.

This thread sucks, btw.

you are absolutely correct. find a more competitive team than the one than the one that just beat you.

Ovechkin vs. Zetterberg/Datsyuk was what I wanted this year. That would have been ******* awesome, and I don't think I would have been as bitter about them winning it as I am the Pens, since I actually love to watch Ovechkin play.

I don't see how it couldn't happen. I mean, I don't think either team will be that fundamentally different next season. It's entirely possible we could have a rematch for the third straight year. It might be boring for the fans of other teams, but they'll get over it.

I don't think it's going to happen.

The Wings were lucky enough to get as far as they did. I have a sense that no team will come as close as they did to repeating. Unless the Pens can sign a driven superstar for a bargain price then I think the hangover will overwhelm them in the 2nd or 3rd round.

As for the Wings, the Olympics are next year. I'm not exactly sure about this but the Wings are bound to send more players than any other team. None of them will publicly admit it, but if they had to choose between a Stanley Cup and a Gold Medal to give pride to the country in which they grew up and provided the foundation to the very core of their human identity, they're probably more willing to sacrifice for the gold. How are they supposed to do that and go deep into the playoffs next year?

Anything is possible but I don't see it happening. If it does I would pick the Pens again simply becasue the that would be to much of a chance for the NHL help Pittsburgh and Crosby become the first Post-Cap team to Win the Cup and that would give Crosby and the Pens that much more hype. I will say the Wings didn't help the Conspiracy Theory by their play in the finals and running out of gas. I just don't see both teams making it to the finals for a third strait time. I think the make-up of both teams will be changed to much to see both teams for the Cup again.

I don't think it's going to happen.

The Wings were lucky enough to get as far as they did. I have a sense that no team will come as close as they did to repeating. Unless the Pens can sign a driven superstar for a bargain price then I think the hangover will overwhelm them in the 2nd or 3rd round.

As for the Wings, the Olympics are next year. I'm not exactly sure about this but the Wings are bound to send more players than any other team. None of them will publicly admit it, but if they had to choose between a Stanley Cup and a Gold Medal to give pride to the country in which they grew up and provided the foundation to the very core of their human identity, they're probably more willing to sacrifice for the gold. How are they supposed to do that and go deep into the playoffs next year?

Didn't a good portion of the team play in the olympics in 2002?

Pens could barely win against an injured Red Wings team, I doubt they'll be so lucky again (if they do make it to the SCF -- which they won't). Wings is built for many years to come and will only get better.

Penguins will dismantle, a few of their players will jump ship. They won't be able to afford to be a contending team for awhile, and with the way their fans are, Penguins may go bankrupt before they are contenders again....

Can't fully agree with this part. Since the Pens won, the return date for all their jerseys will have passed and when they have a rough start next year their fans won't be able to return them. Thus all the profit remains this time around, unlike last year.

So they stay afloat a little longer.

Edited by NewBelgium1554

You're kidding yourself if you think the Pens won't be a playoff team next season. And if the Wings don't buck up they'll get embarrassed by them again in the Cup finals if they both get back.

Were we watching the same series or are you just a ****** bag?

It's a different game now. One that truly emphasizes youth, speed and conditioning.

Not in the finals I watched. The pluggers got the goals and there were three or four power plays a game total in the final two games.

It emphasizes D and forwards collapsing down and blocking shots more than speed.

I doubt we'll be seeing the Penguins deep in the playoffs (if they even make the playoffs) again for awhile. Their team is due to dismantle and they are having cap issues. Their GM doesn't have the mojo like Kenny Holland does.

Pittsburgh is a sinking ship, I expect to see players jumping off like crazy now.

You might be the dumbest poster here at LGW, the most annoying at least. Nothing you say or any thread you start is steeped in any logic or truth.

The Pens have their core players locked up for the next 5 to 7 years. Sinking ship? 2 Days after they beat the Red Wings on home ice. 2 months after they started an 18-3-4 final run at the playoffs with a new young energized coach? One year away from a new arena? ANd coming off their second SFC in the two years?

I understand your little ***** is aching from the swift kick Stanley Cup loss was, but christ sake s***head...make some ******* sense.

Try shutting the f*** up until you are over the devestating finals loss.

Once you take a step back (and stop huffing spray paint and model glue) you'll see that the Pens will be hovering around the Cup for years to come.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

No. Wings should play a funner and more competitive team than the Penguins. I want to see Caps/Wings series. Penguins are ******* boring to watch, all they do is interfere, hold, clutch... pathetic hockey. They are disgrace to NHL...

Caps would be a much better series.

This thread sucks, btw.

******* boring team that beat you in Game 7 on your home-ice when the Wings had two chances to close it out up 3-2 and gagged it... I thought having Datsyuk back and having the two 3 day layoffs between games 6 and 7 it was a mortal lock for the Wings to win?? Because as we know no opposing team has EVER and I mean EVER skated with the Cup at the Joe. Well guess what?? They have now and you were looking at them Friday night.

You're right about one thing the Caps would be a much better series for you guys because it's easy to beat a team like the Caps that has no defense and suspect goaltending something the Penguins dont have. What happened to the Wings winning this series in 5 Snazzy?? I'd love to have a rubber match because the Penguins and their fans today during the awesome parade today in our great city are drinking the finest champagne of all after last season and it's called Sweet Revenge!!!

Edited by 87to71

******* boring team that beat you in Game 7 on your home-ice when the Wings had two chances to close it out up 3-2 and gagged it... I thought having Datsyuk back and having the two 3 day layoffs between games 6 and 7 it was a mortal lock for the Wings to win?? Because as we know no opposing team has EVER and I mean EVER skated with the Cup at the Joe. Well guess what?? They have now and you were looking at them Friday night.

You're right about one thing the Caps would be a much better series for you guys because it's easy to beat a team like the Caps that has no defense and suspect goaltending something the Penguins do have. What happened to the Wings winning this series in 5 Snazzy?? I'd love to have a rubber match because the Penguins and their fans today during the awesome parade today in our great city are drinking the finest champagne of all after last season and it's called Sweet Revenge!!!

Wow. I just started reading this thread and haven't read the entire thing.. but, kind of rude, no?

You're right about one thing the Caps would be a much better series for you guys because it's easy to beat a team like the Caps that has no defense and suspect goaltending something the Penguins dont have. What happened to the Wings winning this series in 5 Snazzy?? I'd love to have a rubber match because the Penguins and their fans today during the awesome parade today in our great city are drinking the finest champagne of all after last season and it's called Sweet Revenge!!!

The Penguins goaltending IS suspect.

Don't act like Fleury had any kind of effect on the outcome of the series. At least not in a positive manner.

The Penguins goaltending IS suspect.

Don't act like Fleury had any kind of effect on the outcome of the series. At least not in a positive manner.

He outplayed Osgood in Games 6 and 7 and made big saves late in both of those games. See the saves on Cleary in Game 6 and Lidstrom in the winding seconds of Game 7 remember those?? If you say otherwise you either didnt watch the same games I did or you're in denial and a complete idiot...

To tell the truth, I can't watch current NHL. Too much clutching, interference. I'd love it to be 4 on 4, that would really open up the ice and you regularly see 10-8 type games. Scoring brings in the fans. These endless 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 games are just BORING.