• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How sweet would a Wings/Pens finals be next year?

Rate this topic

Alexander Ovechkin > Cindy Crysby

Capitals and Wings series would be ******* epic. The ratings would be surreal and it would push NHL to be a much more popular sport. I get goose bumps just thinking about it!

To tell the truth, I can't watch current NHL. Too much clutching, interference. I'd love it to be 4 on 4, that would really open up the ice and you regularly see 10-8 type games. Scoring brings in the fans. These endless 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 games are just BORING.

Who the hell would want to watch a 10-8 game? That'd just be rediculous. I'd go to a basketball game if I wanted to see some high scoring affair.

Capitals and Wings series would be ******* epic. The ratings would be surreal and it would push NHL to be a much more popular sport. I get goose bumps just thinking about it!

this from the guy who said pittsburgh was a two person team. so lets bring in the one man team next year! you have your bar set pretty low for goosebumps ha ha:)

its all good. congrats on a great season. hope to see you next year.

Well, those that want revenge and to meet the Pens now understand how we felt all last year.

I don't know how likely a three peat finals will be, but you never know. It would be kind of boring in a way, it would be nice to see some new blood in there but I think both the Pens and Detroit have talented cores and smart GMs and neither teams are going away. I think some of the "next dynasty" talk for the Penguins is premature, but we won't just fall apart, either. People thought we were going to fall apart after last year's finals as well.

One thing is for sure, if it's Detroit vs. Washington next year you bet your ass I'll be rooting for Detroit.

The Penguins goaltending IS suspect.

Don't act like Fleury had any kind of effect on the outcome of the series. At least not in a positive manner.

yea, any run of the mill goalie could hold a team which you all call the best team in hockey to 1 goal in game 6 and 1 goal in game 7.

that aside, when fleury is on he is very good obviously. when he is not on he is bad. hopefully as he matures (only 24 yrs old) he is more consistant.

It's why Crosby outplayed and outclassed Ovechkin in the 2nd round this year in the playoffs when the Pens overcame a 2-0 deficit without home-ice and won a game 7 on the road in Washington. Correct me if Im wrong Snazzy but wasnt there another team that was down 2-0 without home-ice that lost a deciding Game 7 at home in a place where an opposing team had never skated with the cup?? Who was that other team that the Penguins did that too in the playoffs this year do you remember??

******* boring team that beat you in Game 7 on your home-ice when the Wings had two chances to close it out up 3-2 and gagged it... I thought having Datsyuk back and having the two 3 day layoffs between games 6 and 7 it was a mortal lock for the Wings to win?? Because as we know no opposing team has EVER and I mean EVER skated with the Cup at the Joe. Well guess what?? They have now and you were looking at them Friday night.

You're right about one thing the Caps would be a much better series for you guys because it's easy to beat a team like the Caps that has no defense and suspect goaltending something the Penguins dont have. What happened to the Wings winning this series in 5 Snazzy?? I'd love to have a rubber match because the Penguins and their fans today during the awesome parade today in our great city are drinking the finest champagne of all after last season and it's called Sweet Revenge!!!

Easy hero. I know you're just responding, but it's clear that nobody takes that guy seriously.

I'll be honest, I never really thought about it until Hockey News brought up the idea during the finals. It's entirely possible...we'll both be considered favorites going into next year. The only question is how the Pens handle the hangover.

The idea of taking it back from them sounds great, but really, I could give a crap who we play if we win the thing. Although an Original Six final (Bruins being the most likely opponent obviously) would own.

He outplayed Osgood in Games 6 and 7 and made big saves late in both of those games. See the saves on Cleary in Game 6 and Lidstrom in the winding seconds of Game 7 remember those?? If you say otherwise you either didnt watch the same games I did or you're in denial and a complete idiot...

Game six was an easy read. One save doesn't make a great goaltending performance.

Game seven, good save, but that was the biggest challenge he had all night.

Once again, Fleury was not challenged much in those last two games. He did not outplay Osgood (neither outplayed each other), and his performance didn't win the game for the pens. It was the team that was able to press and beat Detroit.

Don't act like a homer and tout Fleury as some god now that he won a cup. If that was the case Osgood would be considered the best goaltender in the league next to Marty B.

yea, any run of the mill goalie could hold a team which you all call the best team in hockey to 1 goal in game 6 and 1 goal in game 7.

So GAA is now relevant?

I never said he was run of the mill, but don't act like he is a consistent goaltender. Games one, two, and five were plenty of evidence.

that aside, when fleury is on he is very good obviously. when he is not on he is bad. hopefully as he matures (only 24 yrs old) he is more consistant.

Yes, he is great when he is on. But he isn't always on.

Edited by Doc Holiday

It's why Crosby outplayed and outclassed Ovechkin in the 2nd round.

How did Crosby outclass Ovechkin? He had 1 more point than Ovechkin in the 7 games and the Penguins had 15 more powerplays than the Capitals! Man, you're dumb.

Guest lnvincible
I hope Hossa plays for them this time around.

We lose and yet you blame the players.. have some respect for the players, its hard losing to the pens what about when datsyuk came into the playoff's and did nothing? You were prob the first person to throw him under the bus. GFYS

The Washington Capitals will be the team to beat in the East. The ratings will go through the roof when the power house of the West (Red Wings) and the the power house of the East (Capitals) meet for a grueling battle.

Not sure if Zetterberg can own Ovechkin like he does against Crosby. But it'll be a great battle!

I think the sharks are still the number on threat. i know they've sucked in the playoffs but we saw the wings work threw that in the early 90's. The sharks could be on a similar path.

The Washington Capitals will be the team to beat in the East. The ratings will go through the roof when the power house of the West (Red Wings) and the the power house of the East (Capitals) meet for a grueling battle.

Not sure if Zetterberg can own Ovechkin like he does against Crosby. But it'll be a great battle!

I think Zetterberg would do just fine against Ovechkin. Quite frankly the Red Wings would eat the Capitals alive. Caps have talent and could very well win a cup in a few years but for now, you limit Ovechkin there's not a lot to them. The reason why they took the Pens to seven was only because Varlamov stood on his head. Most of their forwards don't play a gritty two-way game, their defense needs an upgrade and they have not learned the mental aspect of competition deep in the playoffs. It would be 2008...hell even 1998 for you all over again, like a sweep or five games.

Edited by Free_Candy

You might be the dumbest poster here at LGW, the most annoying at least. Nothing you say or any thread you start is steeped in any logic or truth.

The Pens have their core players locked up for the next 5 to 7 years. Sinking ship? 2 Days after they beat the Red Wings on home ice. 2 months after they started an 18-3-4 final run at the playoffs with a new young energized coach? One year away from a new arena? ANd coming off their second SFC in the two years?

I understand your little ***** is aching from the swift kick Stanley Cup loss was, but christ sake s***head...make some ******* sense.

Try shutting the f*** up until you are over the devestating finals loss.

Once you take a step back (and stop huffing spray paint and model glue) you'll see that the Pens will be hovering around the Cup for years to come.

+1

I think the sharks are still the number on threat. i know they've sucked in the playoffs but we saw the wings work threw that in the early 90's. The sharks could be on a similar path.

The Sharks have won 40+ games every season except one since 2000-01, with one trip past the 2nd round to show for it. The 1991-96 Wings seem like a playoff dynamo in comparison.

Good point though--the Sharks are a great team and will put it together one of these years in the playoffs...right? Right?

With this win we got revenge against you guys, and Marian Lossa. What a joke that guy is. As long as he's on your team you'll never win anything. The dude's a loser. By the way, I bet you all felt you were going to win once you took out the Next One (or is he the Great One now - he's already got a cup at a younger age as Captain than Gretzky.) Crosby's such a competitior. The Wings were cheating at every opportunity, and we still overcame. They purposefully took out our captain and we still beat you guys handily. Detroit is old, washed up, and their win the year before was a total fluke. Hossa just can't win championships on any team. He's a choker. If I was Crosby I wouldn't have shaken any of the Red Wing's players hands, especially Franzen. With this win it cancels out that other win. I hope we meet again so we can even rub it in some more. Crosby Dynasty here we come!

The Pens won't even be in the Finals next year. A lot of things broke in their favor in the postseason this year (Flyers backing into the playoffs, the Capitals (enough said), worn out Canes, injured Red Wings). I can't imagine the Pens avoiding Boston or NJ next year. With the contract extensions kicking in for the Pens, they'll have even less depth than they had this year, I just don't see it happening.

Detroit on the other hand, if we can keep Hossa for cheap, I see us getting back to the Finals. But as far as the Pens - Wings stuff goes, I think its over with for a while now, if not forever.

The Pens won't even be in the Finals next year. A lot of things broke in their favor in the postseason this year (Flyers backing into the playoffs, the Capitals (enough said), worn out Canes, injured Red Wings). I can't imagine the Pens avoiding Boston or NJ next year. With the contract extensions kicking in for the Pens, they'll have even less depth than they had this year, I just don't see it happening.

Detroit on the other hand, if we can keep Hossa for cheap, I see us getting back to the Finals. But as far as the Pens - Wings stuff goes, I think its over with for a while now, if not forever.

Lol. We owned Carolina, who manhandled Boston. And New Jersey is all Brodeur. Who's older than my grandma. LOL!