• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How sweet would a Wings/Pens finals be next year?

Rate this topic

Not taking away any credit to the Pens at all. They won. They outplayed the team the Wings were able to put on the ice.

I would like to see us keep Hossa (different topic altogether), and see a rematch next year. I'd like to see this Wings team healthy vs. the Pens team healthy. Although that's a huge rarity in the SCF, but I'd like to see more of an equal (health wise) match up for all 7 games.

No thanks on the rematch, it would kill half of us with the tension and the rest of us if we lost (again).

Besides, won't the Penns be dismantled with Cap and contract issues resulting in a team that won't be a contender? Oh wait, didn't that happen last year too?

Detroit Boston this year would have been great. Alas, what could have been...

Detroit Boston this year would have been great. Alas, what could have been...

If you guys get back to the finals, you might get your wish. I think that's a higher likelihood to me than Detroit/Washington. Aside from the Pens, to me Boston really seems like one of the more complete teams out of the east. I like the way they're built, they just seem more built for playoff hockey at this point in time than Washington is. They were pretty banged up by the end of the series with Carolina and probably made some mental errors in their estimation of the Hurricanes, but I don't see them making the same mistake twice.

Not taking away any credit to the Pens at all. They won. They outplayed the team the Wings were able to put on the ice.

I would like to see us keep Hossa (different topic altogether), and see a rematch next year. I'd like to see this Wings team healthy vs. the Pens team healthy. Although that's a huge rarity in the SCF, but I'd like to see more of an equal (health wise) match up for all 7 games.

We had that last year. Remeber the result? And IMO the Pens last year were better than this year.

Dont think it will happen, pens wont make it out of the first round.

Wings '10 Champs

The Wings let it slip out of their hands this year. They had it...

I think that this will be motivation for next year. The Pens will lose in the first round.

With this win we got revenge against you guys, and Marian Lossa. What a joke that guy is. As long as he's on your team you'll never win anything. The dude's a loser. By the way, I bet you all felt you were going to win once you took out the Next One (or is he the Great One now - he's already got a cup at a younger age as Captain than Gretzky.) Crosby's such a competitior. The Wings were cheating at every opportunity, and we still overcame. They purposefully took out our captain and we still beat you guys handily. Detroit is old, washed up, and their win the year before was a total fluke. Hossa just can't win championships on any team. He's a choker. If I was Crosby I wouldn't have shaken any of the Red Wing's players hands, especially Franzen. With this win it cancels out that other win. I hope we meet again so we can even rub it in some more. Crosby Dynasty here we come!

epic fail

The more I think about it, the more I see how close this series was. Any edge whatsoever was going to give one team the cup. Pens won it because they wanted it just a tiny bit more and they got really, really lucky the Wings had one of the oddest list of injuries I've ever seen. Testicles. Appendicitis. Ugh.