• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

The ONE positive from this SCF series

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

If there was ANY doubt about who the better player was between Hank and Crosby going into this series...there sure as heck isn't any now.

one goal the entire series, and, best of all, didn't even play the last two periods of his team's most important game.

...and acted like a jack-arse throughout the entire series.

I can't show any support for a player that has no heart, and Hossa doesn't have any. I really don't care if he's back or not.

He should go sign with the Sharks; he'd in fit in perfectly with all the other ******* that don't care on that team.

He did, however, deflect so much attention on himself, that it freed up other lines and players.

He had a great playoff, but Hank is a better 2 way player than him at this point in his career. Once again, though, I don't care since they won the Cup.

There really were no positives in this series.

He has a Stanley Cup, and carried his team through the first couple rounds.He is a hell of a player. Don't hate him because he's accomplished more then our star players at a younger age.

He has a Stanley Cup, and carried his team through the first couple rounds.He is a hell of a player. Don't hate him because he's accomplished more then our star players at a younger age.

do you believe everything you hear on tv??

Crosby is the most overrated player in sports, The only goals he gets are weak chip ins from infront of the net. He has skill yes but nothing to the point of what people like you build him up to have. If anything Penguins are Malkin's team not that whiny ass Crosby.

Penguins played good but I will never give Crosby respect until he earns it. Media got what they wanted now they will have a field day think it was bad before

Go Wings

Crosby is the most overrated player in sports, The only goals he gets are weak chip ins from infront of the net. He has skill yes but nothing to the point of what people like you build him up to have. If anything Penguins are Malkin's team not that whiny ass Crosby.

Do you really believe this? Face it, he was the captain of the team, he was their leader. He may not have contributed on the score sheet as much as Malkin, but they won with everyone contributing. He succeeded on being a the youngest captain to be apart of Stanley Cup team in the history of the NHL. He succeeding on being the youngest Art Ross winner, the youngest player to get a 100 point season, youngest to be named to the All Star team, youngest to win the Pearson, youngest to have two consecutive 100 point seasons(Btw this isn't the 80's where everyone scored 100 points), and he has a Hart trophy before he is 22.

Face it, he isn't as bad as you want him to be.

do you believe everything you hear on tv??

Penguins played good but I will never give Crosby respect until he earns it. Media got what they wanted now they will have a field day think it was bad before

Go Wings

If Crosby is such a weak player, why did we go out of our way to shut him down every game?

I hate Crosby as much as the next guy, but I give credit where credit is due. You've obviously never watched a game/series where Crosby was allowed to run roughshod over the other team's defense.

If there was ANY doubt about who the better player was between Hank and Crosby going into this series...there sure as heck isn't any now.

one goal the entire series, and, best of all, didn't even play the last two periods of his team's most important game.

Actually crosby led all scorers in the playoffs with 15 goals i believe.

and to your point or lack there of, crosby still played full 60 minute games of hockey and contributed just as much to his team as any other players did on the ice just not on the scoresheet. I don't know what series you were watching but if anything the red wings were "exposed"

There are "positives" here? POSITIVES? Are you kidding me?

Look you, here.....

medium_lidstrom13.jpg

And here.....

large_that%20sums%20it%20up.jpg

And here....

20090613004610_2009-0612-dm-wings100.jpg

And here....

20090613004054_2009-0612-dg-wings0209.jpg

And here.....

20090613010421_0612-dy-WingsvPennsGm70513.jpg

And here....

20090613010254_2009-0612-dg-wings0323.jpg

And HERE....

medium_crosby13.jpg

And HERE....

20090613004430_2009-0612-dm-wings2001.jpg

Look you, CLOSELY. Examine them closely. Mark and REMEMBER them. Let them roll slowly, PAINFULLY around in your mind.

And THEN point out the "positives" from this SCF Series.

See the pain, exhaustion and disappointment displayed on some faces, and the jubiliation and triumph on the faces of others.

Kindly note the location of the triumphant celebration, the Logo and Crest so proudly displayed at Center Ice, and then note the identities of the celebrants.

"Positives"?

There are no "positives" here. NONE.

Do you really believe this? Face it, he was the captain of the team, he was their leader. He may not have contributed on the score sheet as much as Malkin, but they won with everyone contributing. He succeeded on being a the youngest captain to be apart of Stanley Cup team in the history of the NHL. He succeeding on being the youngest Art Ross winner, the youngest player to get a 100 point season, youngest to be named to the All Star team, youngest to win the Pearson, youngest to have two consecutive 100 point seasons(Btw this isn't the 80's where everyone scored 100 points), and he has a Hart trophy before he is 22.

Face it, he isn't as bad as you want him to be.

How many records does he have that doesn't have the word "youngest" in front of them?

That's what I thought.

He's a great talent but he's immature and he is NOT the best player in the league. Top 10 maybe but I'd take

Lidstrom

Ovechkin

S. Neidemeir

Getzlaff

Zetterburg

Datsyuk

over him any day.

He didn't win the Conn Smyth and he isn't a finalist for the Selke or Hart.

and to your point or lack there of, crosby still played full 60 minute games of hockey and contributed just as much to his team as any other players did on the ice just not on the scoresheet. I don't know what series you were watching but if anything the red wings were "exposed"

The Wings lost because of injuries, plain and simple. Exposed? You are smoking crack. The Wings finished the playoffs 15-8 and of those 8 loses, ignoring an empty netter, they lost 7 of them by only 1 goal and the 8th by 2 goals.

Exposed? The Pens won 3 games by 1 goal (1 empty netter) and the 4th by 2 goals. I wouldn't get to excited about a bunch of 1 goal wins, especialy since the Wings beat the Pens by 2 goals, 1 goal (+ an empty netter) and a 5-0 blowout. For you to say that the Wings were "exposed" shows your ignorance.

A health Wings team would have swept the Pens.

The Pens won because they had an easy run through a weak Eastern Conference. It's to bad the Bruins lost their game 7 or they would have run over the Pens.

That reinforces the point that he can score against Philly, Washington and Carolina but when he ran into Henrik Zetterberg, he was absolutely shut down. Justin Abdelkader had more goals in the finals than Crosby.

The Wings lost because of injuries, plain and simple. Exposed? You are smoking crack. The Wings finished the playoffs 15-8 and of those 8 loses, ignoring an empty netter, they lost 7 of them by only 1 goal and the 8th by 2 goals.

Exposed? The Pens won 3 games by 1 goal (1 empty netter) and the 4th by 2 goals. I wouldn't get to excited about a bunch of 1 goal wins, especialy since the Wings beat the Pens by 2 goals, 1 goal (+ an empty netter) and a 5-0 blowout. For you to say that the Wings were "exposed" shows your ignorance.

The Pens won because they had an easy run through a weak Eastern Conference. It's to bad the Bruins lost their game 7 or they would have run over the Pens.

Chris, I've always thought your avatar was cool but this post makes me wonder about the picture; are you the one in the glasses or the other kid?

By definition, a championship team overcomes anything and everything to become champion. The Wings were hurting, they were injured, they were worn out, and they couldn't/weren't hungry enough to rise above it, and Pittsburgh went in for the kill.

Thats all that matters.

Sydney Crosby will take the Cup to his favorite fishing spot all by himself this summer as he has dreamt about doing since he was a Tidbit. Mike Babcock will not take it waterskiing on his lake in Saskatchuan.

Thats all that matters.

Please quit making excuses.

POSITIVES: HELL YES THERE ARE POSITIVES!

Pain is the biggest motivator of all. All those lackluster performances and one goal wins in the first half of the season last year; well I don't see this team being complacent and bored with regular season games next year. I see a team that will be sharper in every way, and hungrier and more motivated.

Since the end of the 2nd period in Game 7 last night, I was hoping for a rematch in next years finals.

There are "positives" here? POSITIVES? Are you kidding me?

Look you, here.....

medium_lidstrom13.jpg

And here.....

large_that%20sums%20it%20up.jpg

And here....

20090613004610_2009-0612-dm-wings100.jpg

And here....

20090613004054_2009-0612-dg-wings0209.jpg

And here.....

20090613010421_0612-dy-WingsvPennsGm70513.jpg

And here....

20090613010254_2009-0612-dg-wings0323.jpg

And HERE....

medium_crosby13.jpg

And HERE....

20090613004430_2009-0612-dm-wings2001.jpg

Look you, CLOSELY. Examine them closely. Mark and REMEMBER them. Let them roll slowly, PAINFULLY around in your mind.

And THEN point out the "positives" from this SCF Series.

See the pain, exhaustion and disappointment displayed on some faces, and the jubiliation and triumph on the faces of others.

Kindly note the location of the triumphant celebration, the Logo and Crest so proudly displayed at Center Ice, and then note the identities of the celebrants.

"Positives"?

There are no "positives" here. NONE.

Damn straight!!! THIS^^ :clap::ranting:

Everyone inside this forum already knows this and everyone outside of this forum will know only one thing, Sidney has the Cup. It's not even worth it.

Everyone inside this forum already knows this and everyone outside of this forum will know only one thing, Sidney has the Cup. It's not even worth it.

i have read this and as a pens fan have laughed so much my stomach hurts . thank you guys

Crosby was clearly lackluster. Everyone I've spoken to, whether Wings fan or not, realizes Crosby dives, fakes injuries, whines, and is not a good leader. In fact, I'm not sure how the leader title ever got tagged to him. The NHL will say he's one of the greatest leaders of all time, but those who watch hockey know who the real heroes were on hsi team. Even moreso, his teammates know who the real heroes were.

i have read this and as a pens fan have laughed so much my stomach hurts . thank you guys

Well....see there...? There IS a positive to this, after all.

Now, if only Monday would come so you have to go back to 7th grade, that would be TWO positives.

<Come onnnnnn Monday...!!!>

one of the smartest posts i've read on these boards... props!

On the CBC post game they had little bits on all the players.

Sid said his favorite player growing up was Steve Yzerman.

If he only acted like him a little more on the ice everyone would respect him a LOT more.

Edited by AtomicPunk