• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Ian Laperriere

Rate this topic

I think we should take notice to what helped Pittsburgh win this series. I know they lost out on Hossa, but bringing in players like Fedotenko, Guerin, and Kunitz helped them big time. It was players like Fedotenko, Talbot, Staal, and Kunitz that helped them grind out a victory because it certainly wasnt Malkin or Crosby that won them this series. I say we follow suit.

We need to let go of Hudler and Samuelsson. We already have highly skilled players on our top two lines such as Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Filppula, and Franzen. It was the third line matchup of Staal and Talbot that dominated Hudler and Samuelsson. Hudler and Sammy are very easy to play against. We need to insert high energy, defensive minded, physical players on our third and fourth lines. Helm, and Abdelkader will work nicely, but a player like Laperriere would be a great fit.

Ian Laperriere is the type of player, when youre against him, gives you headaches. He is a physical player that has a lot of energy. He would be a great fit on the third line with Helm, and maybe another guy like them.

I really hope Holland gets some new blood in the roster, not just replacing Sammy, Hudler and Hossa with GR guys. Get some cheap UFA's. And really, I would be very happy if Holland got rid of one of the top 4 D guys. All 4 played pretty badly in the finals, and all 4 of huge cap hits. Hudler will be lost for sure since the Wings can't match any medium offer, Sammy could be replaced easily, as can Kopetsky.

Goaltending will be another challenge. Conklin will probably get a starter position somewhere else, Osgood probably doesn't want to play more then 50 games in the regular season. Let Howard and Larrson rotate in for the first half, and keep the one who plays better.

How the top 6 D comes together will also be interesting. Meech, Ericcson are probably ready to be rookies, Andreas improved but may not be ready.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Owl. As long as we keep the core of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Filppula, Cleary, Lidstrom, Kronwall, Ericcson, Osgood... this roster can be toyed with without faltering. I would like to get bigger and more agressivie on D. I would not be opposed to trying to get either Rafalski or Stuart to waive their no trade clause and go after a Bouwmeester. Getting Lilja back in the lineup, and having Ericcson in his sophomore year will improve our D dramatically. We need to do a better job clearing the front of the net. I couldnt even count how many times our D was out muscled in front of the net.

We need to inject some new energy into the lineup.

I really hope Holland gets some new blood in the roster, not just replacing Sammy, Hudler and Hossa with GR guys. Get some cheap UFA's. And really, I would be very happy if Holland got rid of one of the top 4 D guys. All 4 played pretty badly in the finals, and all 4 of huge cap hits. Hudler will be lost for sure since the Wings can't match any medium offer, Sammy could be replaced easily, as can Kopetsky.

Goaltending will be another challenge. Conklin will probably get a starter position somewhere else, Osgood probably doesn't want to play more then 50 games in the regular season. Let Howard and Larrson rotate in for the first half, and keep the one who plays better.

How the top 6 D comes together will also be interesting. Meech, Ericcson are probably ready to be rookies, Andreas improved but may not be ready.

I was under the impression that Howard is out of options, so rotating him and Larsson wouldn't be possible.

I agree that Hudler will be lost to an offer sheet, and that Ericsson is ready.

I'm not sure how I feel about Lappy. I have an Avs-fan friend who thinks he's great, but I think there are better FA's out there. I like Grier, though.

I was under the impression that Howard is out of options, so rotating him and Larsson wouldn't be possible.

I agree that Hudler will be lost to an offer sheet, and that Ericsson is ready.

I'm not sure how I feel about Lappy. I have an Avs-fan friend who thinks he's great, but I think there are better FA's out there. I like Grier, though.

How about a guy like winchester, I personally cannot stand him but that is the kind of guy we need a Dallas Drake type player

Hadn't thought about Laperriere, not a bad idea. My only concern is his age, but he's only a year older than Grier, so I could go either way. We definitely need to go out and get a UFA grinder/scrapper for 1 million or less, that is one role that none of our prospects are ready to fill. Some of the other names that are being mentioned, Moen, Marchant, Neil, and such means that there are plenty to pick from, we just need to find the one whose personality fits the team the best, my pick would be Grier, but then again I'm not the GM, am I?

with Lappy rejeting the avs offer, I doub he will come here. He is looking for a raise from last season and that is too much for us to pay. With Hossa all but signed, that takes about $6million off what we can afford, gonna be tight unless we can convince Draper, Maltby to retire and trade Rafi or Kronner (rafi being the first choice obviousy because of the cap hit. Trade him and re-sgn Hossa, that still allows us $9million for others.)

Let Hudler go and get the picks in return. One he scored his 20th, he did nothing, especilly in the playoffs. If Lilja is done too, we'll definately have room to sign someone or two, but not for a lot.

If can convince Draper and Maltby to retire, convince Rafi to waive his no trade clause and Lilja cannot return, then that is another $9.65million for us under the cap. Add the $9.4million we already have thats $19.05 million to get this roster changed!

$6million for Hossa

$3million (roughly) for Helm, Abdelkader, Howard & Leino

$500,000 for Downey

That would give us $10 million for a UFA or two in July. We'll have a 1st and a 3rd round pick for Hudler, probably a first for Rafi (or maybe a player and a first.) You could throw a couple of million at a couple of people and STILL have money for that trade deadline (which also hurt us this year)

With thatbeing said, we prolly won't see any of our top 4 d-men being traded, and Maltby, Draper will be able to play out their contracts. We'll sign Hossa and bring up the griffins and be right at the cap all year again, with no wiggle room at all....

I think Lappy declined the Av's offer because the Av's management is just horrible, I mean absolutely horrible. I doubt it was as much about the money instead of actually playing for a coherent management team.

What's wrong with the Avs front office?

I'd like Lappy. I don't like him, which in a weird way means I'd love to have him on my side. Lots of other candidates - Grier, NEIL, and what about Asham? As far as I'm concerned, much more effective than 'Rile. E Coyote'.

What's wrong with the Avs front office?

Eh. The whole Granato situation that and just going from a top team to a last place team. I figure that would weigh into his decision as a aging vet. Just my speculation.

Questions to ask yourself is: Can he skate / speed? Is he solid defensively? Does he keep his stick on the ice to take away passes and find interceptions? Is he strong on the puck? Can he play the puck possession game i.e. pass, take passes?

I must say, Staal was the biggest problem for the Wings in the finals. I would like to see a player like him on the team.

Eh. The whole Granato situation that and just going from a top team to a last place team. I figure that would weigh into his decision as a aging vet. Just my speculation.

No way you could know, but I was laying on the sarcasm...