• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Ian Laperriere

Rate this topic

Guest micah
What's wrong with the Avs front office?

I'd like Lappy. I don't like him, which in a weird way means I'd love to have him on my side. Lots of other candidates - Grier, NEIL, and what about Asham? As far as I'm concerned, much more effective than 'Rile. E Coyote'.

Asham would be a dream come true, but I doubt he's going anywhere.

Please get a few of these dudes (Neil Laperriere, Grier) and toughen up this lineup. Had to wake up this morning and see the victory parade on tv and they're already talking about a repeat (from both Steelers and Pens). You can think what you want about not being able to get there three years in a row but if the Wings don't make some moves you might see the Pens skate the Cup again next June.

We get PGH tv stations here and it's funny how many times i've seen Sherro and lemiuex say how proud they are that Cindy has finally accomplished his goal/ dream. They talk about him like he's the only one on the team. And it's not out of context when I see it and often right in front of other players on the team. What must those players be thinking when they hear that?

I think Lappy declined the Av's offer because the Av's management is just horrible, I mean absolutely horrible. I doubt it was as much about the money instead of actually playing for a coherent management team.

I think Detroit has the best chance of getting any player at a discount. Players love the organization.

I wanted the Wings to add Lappy at the deadline. Not only is he gritty and energetic, but his work on the PK for the Avs last year was phenomenal. He'd help out the PK in a lot of ways. He is everything Kopecky is supposed to be. Dump Kopay and sign up Lappy. Who cares if hes had a decent tenure with the Avs? Drake was the bane of Detroit's existance during his years with the Blues.

Please get a few of these dudes (Neil Laperriere, Grier) and toughen up this lineup. Had to wake up this morning and see the victory parade on tv and they're already talking about a repeat (from both Steelers and Pens). You can think what you want about not being able to get there three years in a row but if the Wings don't make some moves you might see the Pens skate the Cup again next June.

We get PGH tv stations here and it's funny how many times i've seen Sherro and lemiuex say how proud they are that Cindy has finally accomplished his goal/ dream. They talk about him like he's the only one on the team. And it's not out of context when I see it and often right in front of other players on the team. What must those players be thinking when they hear that?

Sure anything is possible, but this is said almost every year about the cup champs.

Guest mindfly

Lappy is a bit overrated tbh... a guy like travis moen would be better imo

would boston trade bitz ?

Edited by mindfly

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Owl. As long as we keep the core of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Filppula, Cleary, Lidstrom, Kronwall, Ericcson, Osgood... this roster can be toyed with without faltering. I would like to get bigger and more agressivie on D. I would not be opposed to trying to get either Rafalski or Stuart to waive their no trade clause and go after a Bouwmeester. Getting Lilja back in the lineup, and having Ericcson in his sophomore year will improve our D dramatically. We need to do a better job clearing the front of the net. I couldnt even count how many times our D was out muscled in front of the net.

We need to inject some new energy into the lineup.

use rafalski to cornerstone a trade to get bouwmeester.

dominic moore impressed me this year with the sabres after he escaped from toronto. he signed for 1 year with the leafs and i think he's a ufa. he may want too much money though.

Nothing against Lappy, but not sure a 35yo vet is what the Wings need on this team as far as depth or toughness. I'm fine with young guys like Helm filling that role.

Too bad for Avs fans he turned that down, they really love him here, and there is not much to like about this team right now. Yet another slap in the face for the Avs fans...

Nothing against Lappy, but not sure a 35yo vet is what the Wings need on this team as far as depth or toughness. I'm fine with young guys like Helm filling that role.

Too bad for Avs fans he turned that down, they really love him here, and there is not much to like about this team right now. Yet another slap in the face for the Avs fans...

But Dallas Drake was what we needed at 38-39? :blink:

Has anyone had a chance to watch Lappy this year and guage how much gas hes got left in the tank? I havent seen to much of him this season and am just going on what he was like last season and before, which was great for the role I would like him to be in here....hope he isnt near the end...

Edited by Probie