• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DangleD13

So, Crosby has his cup..

Rate this topic

Where do things go from here?

Uh, now we watch the media force it down our throats at any avaliable opportunity for the next year. You just watch, when the Wings play those two games in Sweden you'll be able to play drinking games to the amount of times they reference Crosby's 'ungodly' cup run.

All I have to say is that if you guys thought the over-marketing with Crosby was bad last year, just wait till this year. Bettman, The NHL, and NBC got exactly what they wanted and they will make sure everyone in the US knows about it.

Try to win The Cup again?

Hope the pens are swept in the first round next year....I know it won't happen, but it's still a great thought.

And I hope it's the Philadelphia Flyers that sweep them in the first round next year!!

All I have to say is that if you guys thought the over-marketing with Crosby was bad last year, just wait till this year. Bettman, The NHL, and NBC got exactly what they wanted and they will make sure everyone in the US knows about it.

Which means every team that plays the Penguins will step up like never before.

They will have their work cut out for them next year.

I for one will be cancelling NHL network because of the Crosby lovefest. I'll get it back when the season starts again. Nothing worth watching now.

LOL, I actually cancelled the NHL Network this morning....I refuse to have Crosby shoved down my throat anymore.

Guest Sid the Kid
Where do things go from here?

I think Sidney wants at least 3 cups with his name on it. Given the fact that he's only 21 and Malkin nearly as young .... the Pens could win a few more in the next couple of years.

Who knows, perhaps the league will be forced to move the "Hockey Town" mantra to Pittsburgh in a few years.

I think Sidney wants at least 3 cups with his name on it. Given the fact that he's only 21 and Malkin nearly as young .... the Pens could win a few more in the next couple of years.

Who knows, perhaps the league will be forced to move the "Hockey Town" mantra to Pittsburgh in a few years.

A little thing called Copyright keeps that from happening as Ilitch owns the copyright to the name Hockeytown USA. League can't do anything towards the name Hockeytown, it will stay in Detroit.

So, Crosby has a Cup.

Where do things go from here....?

Just means a bit more work for the Cup Keepers in trying to scrub the fecal matter from all the crevices of the Cup once the little whining, diving, cheap shot artist hands it back over.

Guest Sid the Kid
A little thing called Copyright keeps that from happening as Ilitch owns the copyright to the name Hockeytown USA. League can't do anything towards the name Hockeytown, it will stay in Detroit.

Wow, your Mayor has no balls ... He must have known.

Mayor of Pittsburgh Luke Ravenstahl wanted usage of the "Hockeytown" moniker included in a bet over the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals with Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Kilpatrick refused. His staff stated that "We can't do the Hockeytown bet... that is a trademark and a brand" and that the name is a trademark of the Red Wings.[5]

Because Kwame had enough trouble last year without getting copyright law and Mike L on his ass?

What name does the Mayor of Pittsburgh go by these days? From MSN.Foxsports.

Ravenstahl began the process of a legal name change, but his paperwork has not gone through because it wasn't complete. The civil court in Pittsburgh also said it didn't receive the required $108 check to process the request, the Post-Gazette said.

How about "Staalstahl"?

Even if it weren't copyrighted it's poor taste to want it. I feel embarassed as a Pens fan hearing people say that. Hockeytown is Detroit's thing.. Pittsburgh's back to The City of Champions now anyway. :D

To the OP's point.. as a Pens fan I myself get sick of the Crosby nonsense too. Not so much from the media though.. it's from every single fan site I visit of other teams where they're talking about Crosby ad nauseum. Oddly enough the point is usually about how sick they are of hearing of him yet they can't help themselves.

He has no balls because he has no legal right to hand off a copyright he doesn't own in the first place? It's Illitch who owns the Hockeytown label, not the city of Detroit.

Learn to read, you moron.

No offense dude, but Pittsburgh will NEVER become HockeyTown. Don't forget, though you may all be happy now, a few years ago the team was on the verge of bankruptcy and almost moved to another city. The "dedicated" fan base didn't seem so dedicated then.

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully everyone will get even more pissed off.

No offense dude, but Pittsburgh will NEVER become HockeyTown. Don't forget, though you may all be happy now, a few years ago the team was on the verge of bankruptcy and almost moved to another city. The "dedicated" fan base didn't seem so dedicated then.

The Red Wings have had similar hard times in their history not all that long ago. It happens.

The Red Wings have had similar hard times in their history not all that long ago. It happens.

Perhaps true.

But Wings fans weren't jizzing all over themselves because they'd recently won ONE CUP, from an injury depleted Team, and postulating all that would be possible for their "budding dynasty", only 5 years removed from being a BOTTOM DWELLER and tanking a few Seasons in a row in order to stock up on first and second overall picks for half a decade running.