• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DangleD13

So, Crosby has his cup..

Rate this topic

Uh, now we watch the media force it down our throats at any avaliable opportunity for the next year. You just watch, when the Wings play those two games in Sweden you'll be able to play drinking games to the amount of times they reference Crosby's 'ungodly' cup run.

Nah, just turn the channel. Just like I did, when horn sounded last night. I turned it back for a second and caught Mickey talking to Guerin, but that was it. I had or have no desire to watch those guys hold the Cup, I almost would rather see Pronger raise it. :scared: Maybe....

Perhaps true.

But Wings fans weren't jizzing all over themselves because they'd recently won ONE CUP, from an injury depleted Team, and postulating all that would be possible for their "budding dynasty", only 5 years removed from being a BOTTOM DWELLER and tanking a few Seasons in a row in order to stock up on first and second overall picks for half a decade running.

and lest we forget the 2005 Lottery draft that was fixed in their favor so they could land Crysby. Oh and to Sid the Kid, you say Crosby wants 3 Cups, so he can get a few more in a couple of years? a few is three a couple is 2. Maybe you meant a couple more in a few years. Your run is done. You will lose the role players that won the Cup for you becauseof said crybaby, MAF and Malkin. I wanna be the first team in line when you lose Staal. You are already going to lose Scuderi, Satan, Fedetenko and Guerin for sure this July, what are you gonna do when Staal, Talbot & Kennedy's contracts are up? Those guys right there are the ones that won you the Cup. Good luck, maybe we'll see you there. Guarantee Detroit nets more Cups/appearances in the next 5 years than Pit does. Can't deny consistancy. In the long run it will be proven that Hossa made the right choice, he will have more Cups than Cyndy, mark it down as fact...

Edited by LeftWinger

Good chance the Pens don't even make the playoffs next year. How many times haev we seen that recently? Disgraceful to be honest. How can you make a cup run then not make the playoffs?

I guess I just don't understand this post. You mean the cup run they made last year and won it in the finals this year. Don't get me wrong, I hate Pittsburg. I hate Crosby. He won it, they won it. Enjoy it... I don't even understand why the OP thought this 3 word comment was worthy of it's own thread.

he was the first guy holding that big shiny cup thingy that you get for win :rolleyes::lol: ing this game called hockey

Oh, the child molester looking gumby dude that Bettman is constantly sucking off all the time... Yeah, he's in the media all the time for no good reason other than to ruin the respectable game of NHL.

That guy should have been a swimmer, cause he's good at diving. And he crys a lot too.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Oh, the child molester looking gumby dude that Bettman is constantly sucking off all the time... Yeah, he's in the media all the time for no good reason other than to ruin the respectable game of NHL.

That guy should have been a swimmer, cause he's good at diving. And he crys a lot too.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

no problem, anytime

no problem, anytime

I hope they sterilize and clean up the cup really good after goon is done with. It's kinda gross thinking about the things he and Melkan are doing to it.

Note to the league: Please sterilize the cup extra-extra good cause the cup will soon be coming back home to Hockeytown where it belongs.

I hope they sterilize and clean up the cup really good after goon is done with. It's kinda gross thinking about the things he and Melkan are doing to it.

Note to the league: Please sterilize the cup extra-extra good cause the cup will soon be coming back home to Hockeytown where it belongs.

they do sterilize it they just did when it came to pittsburgh yesterday

I think Sidney wants at least 3 cups with his name on it. Given the fact that he's only 21 and Malkin nearly as young .... the Pens could win a few more in the next couple of years.

Who knows, perhaps the league will be forced to move the "Hockey Town" mantra to Pittsburgh in a few years.

Enjoy your cup this summer Sid, like NC WINGS FAN stated the Pens are going to have a hell of a season with every team they face turning up their play for the Stanley Cup Champions. Also the Pens are gonna have that thing called the "cup hangover" from partying with Stanley for months, just like every team that wins it all does.

And no Pittsburgh will never be Hockeytown, sorry :P

See you next season.

Enjoy your cup this summer Sid, like NC WINGS FAN stated the Pens are going to have a hell of a season with every team they face turning up their play for the Stanley Cup Champions. Also the Pens are gonna have that thing called the "cup hangover" from partying with Stanley for months, just like every team that wins it all does.

And no Pittsburgh will never be Hockeytown, sorry :P

See you next season.

I love Detroit fans!! you guys dont give up lol YOU LOST!! did every team come after you guys this year for wining last year? uuuum nope lol got to love it

A little thing called Copyright keeps that from happening as Ilitch owns the copyright to the name Hockeytown USA. League can't do anything towards the name Hockeytown, it will stay in Detroit.

I just copyright Hockeytahn -- F Hockeytown.

Where do things go from here?

Same as they go every season. The team that wins will get a lot of press. To which I will say big deal.

Now we enter the offseason which is going to feel long just like it does in every offseason to me. Hockey is my favorite sport and the lack of hockey in the summer is sad. I am glad I can still play hockey in the summer. :)

Cancel the NHL Network? Thats dumb to me, but hey, its not my call. Have fun with that.

I think Sidney wants at least 3 cups with his name on it. Given the fact that he's only 21 and Malkin nearly as young .... the Pens could win a few more in the next couple of years.

Who knows, perhaps the league will be forced to move the "Hockey Town" mantra to Pittsburgh in a few years.

The moniker "Hockeytown" goes longer than 2 years of a selling out tickets. Hell the state of Michigan is leaps and bounds ahead of Pennsylvania in the hockey department.

How many prospects are coming out of Pennslvania?

How are the hockey programs out there?

Does Pitt compete in the NCAA hockey tournament?

The best player to come out of Pennsylvania was Ryan Malone!

No where near as competitive as here in Michigan. Sorry chief.

I love Detroit fans!! you guys dont give up lol YOU LOST!! did every team come after you guys this year for wining last year? uuuum nope lol got to love it

It will be even worse for the Penguins b/c they have become Bettman's little darlings.

After the Redwings won last year, the media still sucked up to Cindy as if he won the Cup in 08. Other teams will learn from Detroit and how they shut down Bettman's "Golden Boy". With the Penguins getting all of the attention, teams will really be amped up against the Pens, more than they ever were against the Redwins.

It will be even worse for the Penguins b/c they have become Bettman's little darlings.

After the Redwings won last year, the media still sucked up to Cindy as if he won the Cup in 08. Other teams will learn from Detroit and how they shut down Bettman's "Golden Boy". With the Penguins getting all of the attention, teams will really be amped up against the Pens, more than they ever were against the Redwins.

LOL....

Not to mention the fact that the Captain of the Wings is probably among the MOST respected Players amongst his peers, and knowing that Nick, with his humility and grace, lifting the Cup gives opposing Players a "Yeah....well, of course. I can see that." feeling.

The kidtain of the pens, on the other hand, is one of the LEAST respected, least liked Players amongst his peers, and THIS evidenced by their OWN Player poll.

That smarmy little child-molester-'stachelette mug of his is going to get GROUND into the ice at every opportunity next year. ESPECIALLY if he continues with his diving act.

Crosby is hated because he's the best player in hockey. period. Why does he get so much attention from hockey media? because he's really, really, really good. Yeah, he had a poor finals, but so did the entire line he was matched against. He was fantastic throughout the regular season and the first three rounds of the playoffs, give him credit. Throughout his NHL career, he has 397 pts in 290 regular season games. In short, don't hate the player, hate the game. Yeah, it seems as though he's very over-exposed, but it's not like he's some run of the mill player.

And for all the talent that the wings have (which is quite a lot) if one of them decided to step up and score even 1 or 2 more goals, things would be much different.

Crosby is hated because he's the best player in hockey. period.

Funny. The "worlds best player in hockey" was owned by Zetterberg two years straight.

Put this guy in the Western Conference and he will no longer be claimed as the "worlds best player in hockey"... well Bettman may still try to feed us bulls***, but nobody buys into it. Crosby who?

Edited by Snazzy

Funny. The "worlds best player in hockey" was owned by Zetterberg, two years straight.

Crosby who?

"worlds best player in hockey" two years straight? according to whom? definitely not the NHL, where he was all-rookie team in '03 and conn smythe last year in '08. sorry, crosby has way more accolades than that, just look on wikipedia. he's not better than crosby. datsyuk is better than Z. not saying Z is bad, he's great, but i'd sooner take crosby. stop hatin'. or keep hatin', makes no difference.

"worlds best player in hockey" two years straight? according to whom? definitely not the NHL, where he was all-rookie team in '03 and conn smythe last year in '08. sorry, crosby has way more accolades than that, just look on wikipedia. he's not better than crosby. datsyuk is better than Z. not saying Z is bad, he's great, but i'd sooner take crosby. stop hatin'. or keep hatin', makes no difference.

Well thank you for educating me. I didn't know Crosby won the Conn Smythe trophy in 2008. I'll be damned, this entire time I thought it was Zetterberg who won the Conn Smythe in 2008. Your hockey knowledge is greater than mine. I shall gracefully bow out and let you continue telling us how Crosby is the best player to ever play the game.

Was this image photoshopped? I am confused.

zetterberg_mvp_ap_260.jpg

Well thank you for educating me. I didn't know Crosby won the Conn Smythe trophy in 2008. I'll be damned, this entire time I thought it was Zetterberg who won the Conn Smythe in 2008. Your hockey knowledge is greater than mine. I shall gracefully bow out and let you continue telling us how Crosby is the best player to ever play the game.

Was this image photoshopped? I am confused.

zetterberg_mvp_ap_260.jpg

you misread what i typed. here's the facts:

Zetterberg:

'03 All-Rookie Team

'08 Conn Smythe

Crosby:

'07 Art Ross

'07 Lester B. Pearson

'07 Hart Memorial Trophy

'07 First All-Star Team

'06 All-Rookie Team

'07, '08, '09 All-Star Game

'07 Mark Messier Leadership Award

Bear in mind, Zetterberg is 28, and Crosby is 21. I could keep going and going, but I don't want to embarass you.

Edited by talbot0wnz

you misread what i typed. here's the facts:

Zetterberg:

'03 All-Rookie Team

'08 Conn Smythe

Crosby:

'07 Art Ross

'07 Lester B. Pearson

'07 Hart Memorial Trophy

'07 First All-Star Team

'06 All-Rookie Team

'07, '08, '09 All-Star Game

'07 Mark Messier Leadership Award

Bear in mind, Zetterberg is 28, and Crosby is 21. I could keep going and going, but I don't want to embarass you.

hmmm YOUR RIGHT. We did lose. But ya see, it's really hard for us to handle how we lost.....the better team did not win...the healthier team won....remember what happened when cryby played on a broken foot two years ago...you lost to ottowa...4 of our stars were seriously hurt, you guys lose malkin or crosby like we did, its a sweep....the team with the officiating won..malkin doesn't play in game 3 for his instigating crap....pitt goes down 3-0.....the team the nhl wanted to win won........we have a hard time handling it when cryby refuses to shake hands with our team after the game.....yall won One cup congratualtions....3 in 19 years....now lets see what you do for the next 12 years......if pitt can win three more, and get to 4 more finals in that time period, then yea yall can take your shots at det and call us "chicken"....but your not going to and the more trash you talk...the more you prove that your as classless as your favorite team..if you don't like us speaking the truth on OUR FORUM, then don't get on OUR FORUM and attack us, we aren't coming to your sites and bashing your team and attacking yall...i am willing to bet that you guys complained and moaned last year when you guys got beat.......detroit will be back next year because that is what hockeytown is all about......winning........no matter who's there.......i'm goning to look forward to seeing ovie take it to yall next year.....