• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DangleD13

So, Crosby has his cup..

Rate this topic

Crosby plays good D now? Coulda fooled me. He's a great player for what he does, which is making plays and scoring goals, but a good dman he is not.

Well, open your eyes next time you watch him play, jackass. He isn't Pavs caliber, yet. But he is young and he contributes and every year will make him beter.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

All I know is the Hank showed how good Crosby really is. COMPLETE SHUTDOWN!!!!! NOT A FACTOR!!!! Atta boy Hank, you showed who the true superstar and face of the NHL should be. Played incredibly on both sides of the ice, logged in mega minutes, fought off cheap shots, and remained humble through it all. To focus on Crosby and then turn it around offensively without much support says tons. Definitely our next Captain. NEXT YEAR

to his credit, yeah hank did good (with A LOT of help from his team). but what happend to last year's playoff MVP this year? why didn't he put up such fantastic numbers? with the exception of one game, he wasn't that great on offense....none of the wings really were. hank also got shut down.

"Crosby plays good D now? Coulda fooled me. He's a great player for what he does, which is making plays and scoring goals, but a good dman he is not."

how many pens games have you watched? ever? yea, it shows...

to his credit, yeah hank did good (with A LOT of help from his team). but what happend to last year's playoff MVP this year? why didn't he put up such fantastic numbers? with the exception of one game, he wasn't that great on offense....none of the wings really were. hank also got shut down.

"Crosby plays good D now? Coulda fooled me. He's a great player for what he does, which is making plays and scoring goals, but a good dman he is not."

how many pens games have you watched? ever? yea, it shows...

Anytime a Red Wings game was not on and a Pens game was, I watched that game. Sometimes the Wild too.

The vast majority of times the puck is carried into Pittsburghs zone, Crosby would be behind the play gliding. You don't see Pavel or Zetterberg doing that, and both of those players can still put the puck in the net.

Well, open your eyes next time you watch him play, jackass. He isn't Pavs caliber, yet. But he is young and he contributes and every year will make him beter.

Wow, so I disagree with you and the best you can do is call me jackass. You sure are a bright one.

he's not a defenseman. he won't (and can't) be in on every defensive effort. but when a team had possession in the pens zone established, crosby is usually behind the blue line playing D. he's also known to go behind his own net several times and win 50/50 pucks and grind along the boards. he probably will never win a selke trophy, but that doesn't mean he can't play D or never plays it.

I do understand it. I've stated why I think everyone hates Crosby repeatedly in this thread. If you've watched Crosby at all, even just this season, he's way more than just an offensive center man. He plays great D, works hard along the boards, and can even get the gritty goals or make the gritty plays. He's the complete package. The reason he didn't put up huge numbers is the finals is because the wings (much like in '08) game planned around him, especially their 1st line. Zetterberg and Lidstrom actually did a great job against him this year, and last year. It's hard to put up the numbers he did earlier when a team is doing everything it can to make sure you don't have success. One of the reasons why the wings lost was because Malkin and the rest of team decided to show up this year, unlike last year.

Also, I refuse to buy in to this idea that the west is somehow more talented than the east. That's so bogus and another NHL myth. A lot of people in the east think the western teams are "soft" but i don't agree with that either. Look at the previous cup winners. It's a good mix of east and west, with the wings over representing the west.

As far as Bettman loving him, whatever. He has to somehow find a way to market his sport. He could care less if people love or hate Crosby, just so long as people are giving him attention and find a way to spend money on their product. He's a businessman trying to make money, there's no reason to look at it differently.

As a buisness man Bettman is failing miserably, does that say something for Sid?

THE COMPLETE PACKAGE???????? I know of a guy that is a complete package, Pavel Datsyuk. He is a hart nominee. That is a complete package. Sid is great but your more of a Sidney homer then anything. Like most everyone in Pittsburg. Sid has a long way to go before he becomes a complete package. If sometime you take your rose colored glasses of and see this for what it is, then lets have a good debate. A complete package? A great Leader? A traditionalist? Respect for the greats of the league? Defensive zone skill? Ability to shut down some of the best in the league? None of these things qualify when speaking of Sid. NONE. If you call us "haters" for using a little more thought and less homer to make statements as the Greatest, then what would we call you?

Also gritty goals, are talking about the times when he stands at the corner of the net and barely skates waits for a good rebound and shovel garbage?

Hating players "because they are SOOOO good" makes no sense. If you are truly into hockey then you like or at least respect good players. Sid is not hated because he is good or because we are all soooo jealous of him or wish and hope and dream that he was on our team. Uh no. I wouldn't take him for free. Sid is not the best player in the league; he is not even the best player on the Pens. Sid is hated because of how he acts and represents himself. Have you ever heard the saying "to whom much is given, much is expected"? If he is going to assume the position of 'face of the NHL' and embrace all the spoils of it then maybe he should brush up on some humility and some leadership skills.

It's hilarious that these Penguins fans wish to scroll around random hockey forums to notify people that "Crosby izzz the BESTESTEZZT PLAYERZZZ IN THE WHOLEZZ WIDEZZ WORLDZZZZ!!!1!!!!!!11"

Lol. Crosby has his own little internet street team. haha!

I hate all players who dive, cry and complain. I hate classless players and I hate players who *expect* special treatment on the ice. Crosby hasn't earned respect and his antics is ruining the NHL. That's too bad, because I think the NHL could be a very popular sport if Bettman steps down and the new commissioner employs real marketing tactics.

We're all witnessing the NHL go to hell, and it's sad.

P.S. Pens fans, nobody is saying that Crosby isn't a good player, he is good. But he leaves a lot to be desired... and no, he's not the best. But his true flaw is his character and his poor sportsmanship. Nobody likes divers. Crosby's best talent is diving... it's pathetic, really!

Edited by Snazzy

As a buisness man Bettman is failing miserably, does that say something for Sid?

THE COMPLETE PACKAGE???????? I know of a guy that is a complete package, Pavel Datsyuk. He is a hart nominee. That is a complete package. Sid is great but your more of a Sidney homer then anything. Like most everyone in Pittsburg. Sid has a long way to go before he becomes a complete package. If sometime you take your rose colored glasses of and see this for what it is, then lets have a good debate. A complete package? A great Leader? A traditionalist? Respect for the greats of the league? Defensive zone skill? Ability to shut down some of the best in the league? None of these things qualify when speaking of Sid. NONE. If you call us "haters" for using a little more thought and less homer to make statements as the Greatest, then what would we call you?

Also gritty goals, are talking about the times when he stands at the corner of the net and barely skates waits for a good rebound and shovel garbage?

I love these kinda posts. I just love them. Keep hating on Syd. Face the facts: both Malkin and Syd are better than Datsyuk. Datsyuk is a very talented player, no denying that. But, both Malkin and Syd were better this year than him, both regular season and post season. Not just quantitatively (statistically), but qualitatively (things that stats can't measure) as well. Crosby and Malkin both had more points than Dats in the regular and post season, and Dats has more talent around him. He's CHARMIN SOFT, just like most of your team is, sitting out the playoffs. He's really talented, no denying that; but he's soft.

And if you've watched any of the pens games (series) you'd see how valuable Syd is. Great leader? He just captain'ed his team to a SC. Keep making excuses. He could be a much bigger cocky A-Hole if he wanted to (think terrell owens), but he stays classy for most interviews and media. He plays above average D for an offensive player, i'm sorry but watch any game he's played in. He's not going to shutdown the best in the league by himself, much like Zetterberg didn't shut down Crosby all by himself (myth).

And even if you don't think he's the "greatest" in this league, he certainly deserves mention. The only other players who are on his level as far as individual talent are Malkin (teammate), Ovechkin, Datsyuk, and MAYBE Zetterberg. There are a lot of other really really good players in this sport, but few who can be mentioned with Crosby. Feel lucky that the wings have some players who can, cause I feel lucky that the pens have two amazing players in Sid and Malkin.

Top players drastically change every year depending on circumstances/injuries etc. That said I can't believe all the people saying Crosby isn't the best player on the pens as a insult. He already has accomplished more then our super stars at a much younger age. With that said I think this season Malkin>Datsyuk>Crosby would be the order just between those 3. Malkin had such a lead on points that you cannot give Datsyuk the edge, but Datsyuk was nominated for the Selke which both Penguins players aren't very close to so that has to be taken in account.

But hey I'll keep Datsyuk on my team, he is far from soft(ask Malkin after Datsyuk hit him), is a better defensive player(Could just be the way Crosby/Malkin plays, but it's the way it is), has tons of offensive talent aswell, and makes 2 million less.

It's hilarious that these Penguins fans wish to scroll around random hockey forums to notify people that "Crosby izzz the BESTESTEZZT PLAYERZZZ IN THE WHOLEZZ WIDEZZ WORLDZZZZ!!!1!!!!!!11"

Lol. Crosby has his own little internet street team. haha!

I hate all players who dive, cry and complain. I hate classless players and I hate players who *expect* special treatment on the ice. Crosby hasn't earned respect and his antics is ruining the NHL. That's too bad, because I think the NHL could be a very popular sport if Bettman steps down and the new commissioner employs real marketing tactics.

We're all witnessing the NHL go to hell, and it's sad.

P.S. Pens fans, nobody is saying that Crosby isn't a good player, he is good. But he leaves a lot to be desired... and no, he's not the best. But his true flaw is his character and his poor sportsmanship. Nobody likes divers. Crosby's best talent is diving... it's pathetic, really!

Guess what, Crosby is not the only diver in the game. I'm a bigger soccer fan than I am hockey fan, and diving has ruined soccer as a sport. True, he's been noted to dive. But I laugh when the DETROIT RED WINGS complain about diving!!! omg, Osgood dived on that poke from talbot. Zetterberg dived when Sid did a "routine slash" in game 5.Look it up, Hank deserves an Oscar. A LOT of skill players dive and try to earn their team a PP. The Red Wings aren't any different. Game 5 was full of dives from the wings, but you still deserved to win that game for sure. Stop acting like Sidney is the only one who dives. It's not as bad as other sports (namely socccer), and EVERY team does it (or atleast tries to do it)! Occasionally, yeah, he'll try to give his team an advantage. But Detroit is not one to complain.

SC Champs '09...now i'm gonna rub it in! w00t!

I love these kinda posts. I just love them. Keep hating on Syd. Face the facts: both Malkin and Syd are better than Datsyuk. Datsyuk is a very talented player, no denying that. But, both Malkin and Syd were better this year than him, both regular season and post season. Not just quantitatively (statistically), but qualitatively (things that stats can't measure) as well. Crosby and Malkin both had more points than Dats in the regular and post season, and Dats has more talent around him. He's CHARMIN SOFT, just like most of your team is, sitting out the playoffs. He's really talented, no denying that; but he's soft.

And if you've watched any of the pens games (series) you'd see how valuable Syd is. Great leader? He just captain'ed his team to a SC. Keep making excuses. He could be a much bigger cocky A-Hole if he wanted to (think terrell owens), but he stays classy for most interviews and media. He plays above average D for an offensive player, i'm sorry but watch any game he's played in. He's not going to shutdown the best in the league by himself, much like Zetterberg didn't shut down Crosby all by himself (myth).

And even if you don't think he's the "greatest" in this league, he certainly deserves mention. The only other players who are on his level as far as individual talent are Malkin (teammate), Ovechkin, Datsyuk, and MAYBE Zetterberg. There are a lot of other really really good players in this sport, but few who can be mentioned with Crosby. Feel lucky that the wings have some players who can, cause I feel lucky that the pens have two amazing players in Sid and Malkin.

I'm happy to see you have so much fun reading haters' posts. I sure did last year when it went the other way around, and I suspect I'll feel the same way in the near future. Anyway, as happy as you are in your gloating "we-are-the-best" period, you are entirely missing the point. If we needed to hate a player because he's good, the we would go after Malkin, who is better than Crosby and played a much more effective role in the finals. Point is Malkin is not as whiny, arrogant and full of himself as Crosby is, and that's a difference true hockey fans notice. Crosby looks more like a European soccer player (being where I am, I know many of those).

message boards with idiots weren't around back when lemieux, gretzky, and sakic played (or they weren't that popular). i guarantee you if this were '96-'97, you'd be saying way worse things about sakic. crosby right now is the player you all love to hate. if he wasn't that good, you guys wouldn't be so obsessed with him and make every other thread mention his name.

and please, DON"T STOP talking about how the whole thing was fixed! classic entertainment, god i love sore losers! :cool: I've seen and heard a lot of people who can't take losing, but that really tops it, so don't stop.

You are ridiculously wrong. Message boards were starting to be around in those years, but more than that, people were around and they talked about hockey (a sport that existed long before Crosby began playing). I was living in the US back then, and I assure you nobody hated Gretzky the way we hate Crosby. I remember we were furious with Forsberg for his dirty, cheap, dive-prone style, but Sakic had our respect (mine and that of the many people I knew back then, maybe I was just lucky to hang around with all the good ones) even after kicking us out of the playoffs twice in two years. Crosby is just a negative figure, and the Pens as a team would get much more respect from us if he were different, or didn't play there.

I think Sidney wants at least 3 cups with his name on it. Given the fact that he's only 21 and Malkin nearly as young .... the Pens could win a few more in the next couple of years.

Who knows, perhaps the league will be forced to move the "Hockey Town" mantra to Pittsburgh in a few years.

I think that you are getting a little bit ahead of yourself there. The Pens won 1 cup and it took a monumental comback in the finals. There were 4 1-goal games (discounting the empty netters) and they won 3 of them. The Wings had injuries galore and a ridicoulous schedule shoved down their throat. The guys playing injured - #1 D-man, #2 D-man, #1 forward who missed the first 4 games entirely.

Then add in the fact that your number 1 forward violated the instegator rule and should have been suspended but the league waved it.

The Pens, to their credit took advantage of all these gifts but to imply that they could "win a few more" when they likely won't have these gifts is ridiculous.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the better team did not win the Cup this year...

Guess what, Crosby is not the only diver in the game. I'm a bigger soccer fan than I am hockey fan, and diving has ruined soccer as a sport. True, he's been noted to dive. But I laugh when the DETROIT RED WINGS complain about diving!!! omg, Osgood dived on that poke from talbot. Zetterberg dived when Sid did a "routine slash" in game 5.Look it up, Hank deserves an Oscar. A LOT of skill players dive and try to earn their team a PP. The Red Wings aren't any different. Game 5 was full of dives from the wings, but you still deserved to win that game for sure. Stop acting like Sidney is the only one who dives. It's not as bad as other sports (namely socccer), and EVERY team does it (or atleast tries to do it)! Occasionally, yeah, he'll try to give his team an advantage. But Detroit is not one to complain.

SC Champs '09...now i'm gonna rub it in! w00t!

But Sid is th CAPTAIN. He's supposed to be the leader. How many times did you see Lidstrom dive? Well....

I'm happy to see you have so much fun reading haters' posts. I sure did last year when it went the other way around, and I suspect I'll feel the same way in the near future. Anyway, as happy as you are in your gloating "we-are-the-best" period, you are entirely missing the point. If we needed to hate a player because he's good, the we would go after Malkin, who is better than Crosby and played a much more effective role in the finals. Point is Malkin is not as whiny, arrogant and full of himself as Crosby is, and that's a difference true hockey fans notice. Crosby looks more like a European soccer player (being where I am, I know many of those).

You are ridiculously wrong. Message boards were starting to be around in those years, but more than that, people were around and they talked about hockey (a sport that existed long before Crosby began playing). I was living in the US back then, and I assure you nobody hated Gretzky the way we hate Crosby. I remember we were furious with Forsberg for his dirty, cheap, dive-prone style, but Sakic had our respect (mine and that of the many people I knew back then, maybe I was just lucky to hang around with all the good ones) even after kicking us out of the playoffs twice in two years. Crosby is just a negative figure, and the Pens as a team would get much more respect from us if he were different, or didn't play there.

Crosby has a better command of the english language than Malkin. That's why, Media-Wise, he's more lambasted than Malkin. Believe me, Malkin would talk trash if he could, much like Ovie does. Regardless, I think Crosby could be a way worse sport than he is right now. Look at the NFL and their egos. It's not close to the NHL, were everyone respects everyone. Trust me, Malkin knows he's better than Datyuk.

The majority of Pens fans don't care what others think, we know we have crosby, malkin, and staal for the nucleus of our teams. Not a bad combo, prob equal with the wings for the next few years

LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING, BOTH TEAMS HAVE GREAT PLAYERS FOR YEARS TO COME! I appreciate the way both teams play hockey.

message boards with idiots weren't around back when lemieux, gretzky, and sakic played (or they weren't that popular). i guarantee you if this were '96-'97, you'd be saying way worse things about sakic. crosby right now is the player you all love to hate. if he wasn't that good, you guys wouldn't be so obsessed with him and make every other thread mention his name.

and please, DON"T STOP talking about how the whole thing was fixed! classic entertainment, god i love sore losers! :cool: I've seen and heard a lot of people who can't take losing, but that really tops it, so don't stop.

Yea, kinda reminds me of Seattle fans and SB XL.

Yea, kinda reminds me of Seattle fans and SB XL.

The obligatory comment from a Pens fan talking about the Steelers/Football.

we won. cry aboyt ut, pittsburgh could care less. we outplayed yinz,

Outplayed is a stretch seeing as the series went to 7 games.

:violin:

Arguing with bandwagon pens fans is a waste of time and energy, I would rather have diarrhea then try and have a intelligent discussion with 99.9% of them. Bandwagon to the fullest extent of a team with a tarnished Cup.

Edited by tdinc

:violin:

Arguing with bandwagon pens fans is a waste of time and energy, I would rather have diarrhea then try and have a intelligent discussion with 99.9% of them. Bandwagon to the fullest extent of a team with a tarnished Cup.

We won. Be swoll. LOL. I get satksfactio . Ice your pains LOL>

I had to comment on this thread. Ive always watched these boards never posted cause i never had anything to contribute. My favorite teams ar the Hawks and the Avs. Im a native to chicago but ive always loved sakic and his style. So with that said both of my teams have played the Wings for as long as i can remember, and while dispising them(primarily cause they are a great team) there was ALWAYS respect. BECAUSE THEY EARNED IT, yea we may chant "detroit sucks" in chicago but again is cause we want our team to win but their is always respect. Players like Lidstrom and Datsuk and truly great players all around, respectable from their actions on and off the ice and most of all the EARNED it. They were not forced down our throats they rarly speak to the refs complaining or the media complaining. Crosby is different, his spot was not earned but more given, alot with the fame he has received, sure he is a good player but he is not the god-send bettmann makes him out to be plus every i know hates him for the amount of bitching, and diving he does. He is not like the greats we know who play the game for what it is and plays accordingly. When have you seen Sakic or Lidstrom complaining to a ref or taking a dive in their LONG careers. never. That is the difference it is simply the sportsmenship of these different caliber players. Sakic Lidstrom and players similar to them have EARNED their place and they are all very modest players. That is the difference, So dont ever compare crosby to them

Crosby is different, his spot was not earned but more given, alot with the fame he has received, sure he is a good player but he is not the god-send bettmann makes him out to be plus every i know hates him for the amount of bitching, and diving he does. He is not like the greats we know who play the game for what it is and plays accordingly. When have you seen Sakic or Lidstrom complaining to a ref or taking a dive in their LONG careers. never. That is the difference it is simply the sportsmenship of these different caliber players. Sakic Lidstrom and players similar to them have EARNED their place and they are all very modest players. That is the difference, So dont ever compare crosby to them

^this --that's why I am calling the Pens fans on here the "internet street team", trying to drum up more hype about an already way overhyped player.

Welcome to the forums, btw.

I had to comment on this thread. Ive always watched these boards never posted cause i never had anything to contribute. My favorite teams ar the Hawks and the Avs. Im a native to chicago but ive always loved sakic and his style. So with that said both of my teams have played the Wings for as long as i can remember, and while dispising them(primarily cause they are a great team) there was ALWAYS respect. BECAUSE THEY EARNED IT, yea we may chant "detroit sucks" in chicago but again is cause we want our team to win but their is always respect. Players like Lidstrom and Datsuk and truly great players all around, respectable from their actions on and off the ice and most of all the EARNED it. They were not forced down our throats they rarly speak to the refs complaining or the media complaining. Crosby is different, his spot was not earned but more given, alot with the fame he has received, sure he is a good player but he is not the god-send bettmann makes him out to be plus every i know hates him for the amount of bitching, and diving he does. He is not like the greats we know who play the game for what it is and plays accordingly. When have you seen Sakic or Lidstrom complaining to a ref or taking a dive in their LONG careers. never. That is the difference it is simply the sportsmenship of these different caliber players. Sakic Lidstrom and players similar to them have EARNED their place and they are all very modest players. That is the difference, So dont ever compare crosby to them

Good post. The Sid-bashing has nothing to do with the fact he plays for the Pens.

As for our friend the Pens fan, if coming here and playing the smartass is your definition of fun, you must have a very depressing life. I'm almost happy you won the cup, you definitely need it more than I do.