• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DangleD13

So, Crosby has his cup..

Rate this topic

this forum is so entertaining for a pens fan looking to rub your noses in it. Reading all the excuses for why you lost a game 7, why crosby sucks, this place is awesome! trolling never gets old :ph34r:

Atleast our fans don't get investigated by the FBI for making death threats against other players like Penguin fans do.

Good for him, and good for him winning at such an early age.

In the grand scheme of things, I have nothing against Crosby whatsoever.

He's definitely worth the hype/marketability with his play and such. Focus on other players as well though along with him. It's pretty much just the Crosby show (and Ovechkin to an extent). That's what I'd like to see.

I hate this both and that fans go overboard even worse at times obnoxiously obsessing over him, largely fueled by media attention he gets IMO. Understandable, but when do you stsop, where is the deep end of going overboard, when does it stop?

this forum is so entertaining for a pens fan looking to rub your noses in it. Reading all the excuses for why you lost a game 7, why crosby sucks, this place is awesome! trolling never gets old :ph34r:

What exactly is there to rub our noses in? One Stanley Cup win? Hell, Tampa Bay managed to win a Stanley Cup. So did Dallas. The right set of circumstances can get nearly any teams names on that cup.

Ask yourself this. If Pittsburgh had lost Malkin (their Hart Candidate) in the Eastern Conference Finals, and had their best defensive player playing with basically a torn scrotum, would they have come as far as the Red Wings did?

There isn't anything Pens fans can rub Detroits fans noses into, because the fact of the matter is the Red Wings persevered through what no other team in the NHL could have, and still came amazingly close to winning it all, and have nothing to be ashamed of.

What exactly is there to rub our noses in? One Stanley Cup win? Hell, Tampa Bay managed to win a Stanley Cup. So did Dallas. The right set of circumstances can get nearly any teams names on that cup.

Ask yourself this. If Pittsburgh had lost Malkin (their Hart Candidate) in the Eastern Conference Finals, and had their best defensive player playing with basically a torn scrotum, would they have come as far as the Red Wings did?

There isn't anything Pens fans can rub Detroits fans noses into, because the fact of the matter is the Red Wings persevered through what no other team in the NHL could have, and still came amazingly close to winning it all, and have nothing to be ashamed of.

This.

What I want to know is this:

Now that Cindy is officially a Cup winner, will Daddy Mario FINALLY let him move out of the basement and get his OWN place?

I know it will be scary, at first, but he can take his teddy bear, and his My Little Pony nite lite, and he'll have his powder blue ice chicken footie pajamas with him.

And Uncle Gary can even come over, some nights, and read him to sleep, or they can watch the "....We were playing as a Team, fighting through adversity....." DVD together, and then Uncle Gary can tuck him into bed, pull the snuggly penguins bankie up under his chin, and kiss his widdle forehead....

"Uncle Gar.....(yaaaawnnnn).....?"

"Yes, son?"

"Don't forget to leave the closet light on. Oh....and the hall light. And don't close the door.....I don't like it when it's too dark.......(yaaaaawnnnnn)."

"Sure thing, Kid."

"......i'm a champ...i'm a champ...i'm a champ......i really AM a champ....i hope there are pop-tarts for breakfast tomorrow...........zzzzzzzzz......"

Outsider you are easily my favorite poster!!!! VERY, VERY nice!

This.

great post. they just don't get how hearing all the excuses is gonna be constant entertainment for a long time.

keep poking fun at crosby. it doesn't get to any pens fan the way a game 7 loss gets to you wings fans. and it won't turn that loss into a win. the first road team to win a SCF game 7 on the road since '71....i sorta understand why you're embarassed.

I remember when I had my first beer. I hope you enjoy your short time on this board.

Absolutely loved 'The Kid's' comments to Alan Robinson of the Associated Press today:

"I just won the Stanley Cup, and I think I have the right to celebrate with my teammates."

LOL....

Really, Sid? You did?

Wow! I hope Maxime Talbot was sure to line up to shake YOUR hand to congratulate you on your great personal accomplishment, and to thank YOU for getting his name on the Stanley Cup.

You're just jealous of my avatar. Wings dominated a healthy Penguins team in 6, Pens could barely pull off 7 against a depleted and injured Red Wings team. Just one lucky bounce and you wouldn't be here right now.

Detroit Red Wings proved that they are the team to beat, even injured.

Will the Penguins make the playoffs next year? That's the million dollar question.

Go look through your own teams message boards from about a year ago. You'll find much worse stuff then you will ever see here.

great post. they just don't get how hearing all the excuses is gonna be constant entertainment for a long time.

keep poking fun at crosby. it doesn't get to any pens fan the way a game 7 loss gets to you wings fans. and it won't turn that loss into a win. the first road team to win a SCF game 7 on the road since '71....i sorta understand why you're embarassed.

Embarrassed? This team has nothing to be embarrassed about, at all.

The best defenseman in the world with what would normally be a season ending injury, a Hart Candidate playing on one foot after missing half the series, Rafalski with a herniated disc, Ericcson a week off of surgery, and this team still takes it to 7 games.

Wings should be proud. No other team could have held the ship together as long as they did.

what I find funny is the redwings won last year and s***tsburgh won this year so how does it make s***tsburgh the better team? Am I really missing something.

Edited by RainingBlood

Embarrassed? This team has nothing to be embarrassed about, at all.

The best defenseman in the world with what would normally be a season ending injury, a Hart Candidate playing on one foot after missing half the series, Rafalski with a herniated disc, Ericcson a week off of surgery, and this team still takes it to 7 games.

Wings should be proud. No other team could have held the ship together as long as they did.

^That's a true championship team. The day Pens can make it to the 7th game of the SCF going through what the Red Wings had to endure, then they can try to make a case that they are on the same level as the Wings. Until then, they are on the level as the Tampa Bay Lightning.

what I find funny is the redwings won last year and s***tsburgh won this year so how does it make s***tsburgh the better team? Am I really missing something.

Then add in the fact that the Red Wings were only 60% healthy and had AHL players filling in and Pens still struggled to win. :lol:

We dominated them and took them in 6 last year. Clearly Detroit is the better team.

^That's a true championship team. The day Pens can make it to the 7th game of the SCF going through what the Red Wings had to endure, then they can try to make a case that they are on the same level as the Wings. Until then, they are on the level as the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I beg to differ. Until the Pens get their 11th Stanley Cup, and playoff appearance streak in the double digits, they cant make a case to be on the same level as the Wings.

Edited by DZ13

I beg to differ. Until the Pens get their 11th Stanley Cup, and playoff appearance streak in the double digits, they cant make a case to be on the same level as the Wings.

Penguins won't make double digit playoff appearances. I doubt their organization will survive for 11 cups either. Once the team stops contending, their fans will bail on them like they did before. I doubt the organization could survive another bankruptcy attempt.

Penguins won't make double digit playoff appearances. I doubt their organization will survive for 11 cups either. Once the team stops contending, their fans will bail on them like they did before. I doubt the organization could survive another bankruptcy attempt.

Well I guess they'll never be on our level after-all. :P

I love these kinda posts. I just love them. Keep hating on Syd. Face the facts: both Malkin and Syd are better than Datsyuk. Datsyuk is a very talented player, no denying that. But, both Malkin and Syd were better this year than him, both regular season and post season. Not just quantitatively (statistically), but qualitatively (things that stats can't measure) as well. Crosby and Malkin both had more points than Dats in the regular and post season, and Dats has more talent around him. He's CHARMIN SOFT, just like most of your team is, sitting out the playoffs. He's really talented, no denying that; but he's soft.

And if you've watched any of the pens games (series) you'd see how valuable Syd is. Great leader? He just captain'ed his team to a SC. Keep making excuses. He could be a much bigger cocky A-Hole if he wanted to (think terrell owens), but he stays classy for most interviews and media. He plays above average D for an offensive player, i'm sorry but watch any game he's played in. He's not going to shutdown the best in the league by himself, much like Zetterberg didn't shut down Crosby all by himself (myth).

And even if you don't think he's the "greatest" in this league, he certainly deserves mention. The only other players who are on his level as far as individual talent are Malkin (teammate), Ovechkin, Datsyuk, and MAYBE Zetterberg. There are a lot of other really really good players in this sport, but few who can be mentioned with Crosby. Feel lucky that the wings have some players who can, cause I feel lucky that the pens have two amazing players in Sid and Malkin.

How pathetic are you that you have to come on to a wings site and talk trash and force down our throats how great you think your star is? I mean your not going to win your arguement here, just like i am not going to convince you to go away and enjoy your cup...and leave us in peace. If DAT was soft, he would not have come back for the rest of the playoffs after his injury and he certainly would not have been throwing his body around like he was, knocking malkin on his ass for one, taking hits from cooke for another and still skating....If crosby was a great leader he would have been first in line to shake the wings hands....he wouldn't have blown our captain off. If he was such a great defender, he wouldn't have been a minus for the series....z on the other hand was a plus 4, explain that one, or the fact that even though malkin scored what 7 8 points he also was a negative. likr i have mentioned before, dat doesn't need to score like ya'll need crosby to score in order for the wings to win, you can't base a players worth or talent soley on the fact that one player had 97 points and one had 103 points....Dat is a plus 34 for the season, crosby is a plus 3......hmmm.......so go ahead and keep talking...i don't care either way.....its just shows how stupid you are.....your lucky, enjoy the win, its going to be a long time before you win it again......

im thinking you missed spelling class :-) how about i call your city PEEtroit and then we can both giggle together like we did in third grade!! :-)

congrats on another spectacular season detroit.... and cap issues aside, hope to see you again next year.

Both teams are good.

Are ya kidding here? A little bit bitter? Pittsburgh won, the Wings lost. Pitt came from 2 down to win, the Wings blew 2 games to win. Good teams win. Get over it.

Since the Pens joined the league in 1967, they have 3 Cups, and the Wings have 4.

The Pens have made 11 consecutive playoff appearances in the 90s into the early 2000s. They are now on 3 again.

In the last 19 seasons:

- 15 playoff appearances

- 6 Division titles

- 4 Conferene titles

- 3 Stanely Cup championships

- 1 President's Trophy

- 11 Art Ross trophies

- 4 Hart winners

That's not too bad.

I do agree, I think this Detroit Red Wings team is still better than the current Pens team, but the best team doesn't always win.

Congrats on an awesome series. Hopefully the rubber match occurs next year. You guys have a great organization, which makes it that much more satisfying to win the Cup. We beat the best.

Edited by CROZ87