• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DangleD13

So, Crosby has his cup..

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

How exactly can anyone argue Crosby is the "best player in hockey" when he isn't really counted on to do anything defensively?

Nobody can argue that he doesn't have the offensive tools. But so do alot of other players.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg both have 90+ point seasons on their resumes. The only difference between them and Crosby is that those guys get nominated for Selke trophies and league-wide are recognized as two of the most complete players in the game.

Crosby is known for his offense. Not his defense.

The day Crosby starts being the top center counted upon for killing penalties or the center they put out there against 5 on 3's instead of Stall, is the day people can claim he's the best player in the league.

s***, Malkin is a better offensive player than Crosby, that's been proven out statistically the past 2 seasons and in this playoff run. So one could argue Sid isn't even the best offensive player on his team.

Perhaps he's not even the best offensive player on his team.

He's certainly not anywhere near the level of defensive player of many forwards in the league.

Given that, how the heck can anyone argue he's the best player in the league?

Start playing defense, start killing penalties with regularity or start putting up 160+ point seasons. Until any of that happens, he's not the most complete player in the game and not the best player in the game. PERIOD.

How exactly can anyone argue Crosby is the "best player in hockey" when he isn't really counted on to do anything defensively?

Nobody can argue that he doesn't have the offensive tools. But so do alot of other players.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg both have 90+ point seasons on their resumes. The only difference between them and Crosby is that those guys get nominated for Selke trophies and league-wide are recognized as two of the most complete players in the game.

Crosby is known for his offense. Not his defense.

The day Crosby starts being the top center counted upon for killing penalties or the center they put out there against 5 on 3's instead of Stall, is the day people can claim he's the best player in the league.

s***, Malkin is a better offensive player than Crosby, that's been proven out statistically the past 2 seasons and in this playoff run. So one could argue Sid isn't even the best offensive player on his team.

Perhaps he's not even the best offensive player on his team.

He's certainly not anywhere near the level of defensive player of many forwards in the league.

Given that, how the heck can anyone argue he's the best player in the league?

Start playing defense, start killing penalties with regularity or start putting up 160+ point seasons. Until any of that happens, he's not the most complete player in the game and not the best player in the game. PERIOD.

To say he doesn't play defense and isn't good at it is ignorance on your part. Is he as good as Zetterberg, or heck, even Staal? No. But he plays great defense along with his offensive skills.

To say he doesn't play defense and isn't good at it is ignorance on your part. Is he as good as Zetterberg, or heck, even Staal? No. But he plays great defense along with his offensive skills.

I agree. Hockey fans in general are just clinging to any criticism they can find when they say he doesn't play defense.

Since the Pens joined the league in 1967, they have 3 Cups, and the Wings have 4.

The Pens have made 11 consecutive playoff appearances in the 90s into the early 2000s. They are now on 3 again.

In the last 19 seasons:

- 15 playoff appearances

- 6 Division titles

- 4 Conferene titles

- 3 Stanely Cup championships

- 1 President's Trophy

- 11 Art Ross trophies

- 4 Hart winners

That's not too bad.

QFT

I guess Montreal can brag that they own the sport of hockey with all their titles, based on some of the logic being used here.

QFT

I guess Montreal can brag that they own the sport of hockey with all their titles, based on some of the logic being used here.

The Canadiens aren't even close to the best franchise in the last twenty years.

I had to comment on this thread. Ive always watched these boards never posted cause i never had anything to contribute. My favorite teams ar the Hawks and the Avs. Im a native to chicago but ive always loved sakic and his style. So with that said both of my teams have played the Wings for as long as i can remember, and while dispising them(primarily cause they are a great team) there was ALWAYS respect. BECAUSE THEY EARNED IT, yea we may chant "detroit sucks" in chicago but again is cause we want our team to win but their is always respect. Players like Lidstrom and Datsuk and truly great players all around, respectable from their actions on and off the ice and most of all the EARNED it. They were not forced down our throats they rarly speak to the refs complaining or the media complaining. Crosby is different, his spot was not earned but more given, alot with the fame he has received, sure he is a good player but he is not the god-send bettmann makes him out to be plus every i know hates him for the amount of bitching, and diving he does. He is not like the greats we know who play the game for what it is and plays accordingly. When have you seen Sakic or Lidstrom complaining to a ref or taking a dive in their LONG careers. never. That is the difference it is simply the sportsmenship of these different caliber players. Sakic Lidstrom and players similar to them have EARNED their place and they are all very modest players. That is the difference, So dont ever compare crosby to them

dude, your right on, i would agree....i miss the good ol days of detroit vs colorado.....roy vs vernon.......and i gotta say kane and teowes are nasty.......it was fun watching them this year.....keep posting man.