• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Draper ticked that Crosby snubbed Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Okay Sid got swarmed by the Media when the game ended. Like anyone is suprised by that. The Wings lined up and a lot of Penguin players started shaking hands while some were still celebrating. They all started making there way over. Lidstrom and Draper waited about 30 seconds and then skated off the ice. Most of the other Wings players stayed on a little bit longer. As soon as the interview was over Sid made is way over and shook hands with Zetterberg, Osgood, and the rest of the wings. But some left quickly. But I am sure that winning a Stanley Cup at the age of 21 and getting caught up in the moment is a sign of poor sportsmanship.

Edited by SteelCityDyNasty

I'm sorry I just have to laugh at that Username :SteelCityDynasty: Give me a F'ing break already your'e letting this Cup go to your head. Don't forget last season Wings beat the Pens in LESS games and also Crosby and Malkin were watching Zetterberg and Datsyuk skate circles around them all series long last year. I was going to Congratulate the Pens and their fans for being so good and I was also going to say the Fans in Pittsburgh was a huge inspiration for the Penguins liffting the Cup this season but now I think I'll just say Congrats on having the Targets on your back for all of next season. I hope I can catch an Anaheim Vs Pittsubrgh game next season just to see if Pronger can plant Crosby's face into the boards.

But I am sure that winning a Stanley Cup at the age of 21 and getting caught up in the moment is a sign of poor sportsmanship.

Using age as an excuse is bulls*** in any situation. If you're not mature enough at 21 to respect your opponent first and foremost perhaps the voting and drinking ages should be bumped up a couple years.

Okay Sid got swarmed by the Media when the game ended. Like anyone is suprised by that. The Wings lined up and a lot of Penguin players started shaking hands while some were still celebrating. They all started making there way over. Lidstrom and Draper waited about 30 seconds and then skated off the ice. Most of the other Wings players stayed on a little bit longer. As soon as the interview was over Sid made is way over and shook hands with Zetterberg, Osgood, and the rest of the wings. But some left quickly. But I am sure that winning a Stanley Cup at the age of 21 and getting caught up in the moment is a sign of poor sportsmanship.

Hmmm 30 secs, huh. Did you actually count? Were you there? Hmmm will believe draper over any pens fan :rolleyes:

Like it or not, Sidney Crosby is the face of the NHL in the same manner Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL ..... That's just marketing folks ... it is what it is.

Nobody is asking for your approval. I'm sure if the NHL elected to make on of the Wings players the face of the league you all would have no problem with it.

Actually, I would.

Marketing the NHL with one player is a backhanded way of saying one player is bigger than the team.

This argument about the NHL not marketing anyone else besides Crosby has already been defeated before..

It's just obvious as day most Wings fans do not like Crosby therefore do not like seeing him on TV. I can understand how it gets annoying seeing the same face but despite one's claims about how many people hate Crosby, he's a top seller of jerseys, he helps market other brands, and people buy into Crosby being the face of the NHL. If he were such a bad face for it, they wouldn't be doing it. And trust me, if Crosby were to happen to have a picture surface of him with his face in a bong like Phelps his endorsements from every angle would disappear. You guys are making this marketing angle way too personal.

Sorry, I forgot to bold this part. :)

I was saying that because there are no more games to discuss we are taking things more personal then we would have before. Just for the hockey discussion.

I sure don't want to talk baseball!

Brevity doesn't work very often when you don't know the topic. Sorry.

Sid is NOT the face of the NHL. He's the disgrace of the NHL. If anything, he should have shook hands with Nick--should have went out of his way to make sure he shook his hand.
Exactly. But really who is suprised?

A friend of mine said it best today. We are so use to winning we can't stomach anything less than a Cup every year. I love Marion and Mike. I love Babs. s***, i've been on Holland's ass more than, hmmmm ... like, a thousand times on this forum over what he did or didn't do.

This team, top to bottom, makes me so very, very, very proud to be a Wings fan. And I want to see that drive and determination to win EVERY year! Not many pro TEAMS, never mind NHL teams, can say the same about their organizations. :rolleyes:

Like it or not, Sidney Crosby is the face of the NHL in the same manner Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL ..... That's just marketing folks ... it is what it is.

Nobody is asking for your approval. I'm sure if the NHL elected to make on of the Wings players the face of the league you all would have no problem with it.

He came up against two of the best players in the world and didn't very much like it. Hank. Pavs. Take your pick. The crybaby was SHUT DOWN!! And will be again, if ever the Pens get the help from the NHL again, like this year and make it back to the Finals.

And THAT is what I will remember MOST from these playoffs. Sid the "kid" is not a leader, nor the best player in the league. I'll enjoy THAT this summer.

Actually, I would.

Marketing the NHL with one player is a backhanded way of saying one player is bigger than the team.

This. The nature of hockey dosen't lend itself well to single-player glorifications/duels - for all the circlejerking the media was making of the Washington-Pittsburgh series, Crosby and Ovechkin were together on the ice for something like 45min-1h for the entire length of a seven-game series. It's not like in basketball where you have the same guys in play for virtually the entire game and ergo can make an argument for single players squaring up against one another, hockey is defined by frequent, brief cycling shifts, meaning you genuinely need a 20-player effort. Marketing the game with single players produces a misunderstanding of the game from people not already familiar with hockey.

It's just so sad that the NHL is so blind about how to promote itself. How can you keep trying to promote someone that a lot of ppl just don't like because of his attitude and the way he handles itself. He didn't even perform in the finals, lol.

PLEASE, NHL, GET A CLUE. GET ANOTHER POSTER BOY. OR BETTER, HOW ABOUT PROMOTING THE GAME ITSELF. THE STARS WILL BREAK OUT BECAUSE PPL START UNDERSTANDING AND ENJOYING THE GAME.

Yeah, well...I think it's a great idea...EVERY SINGLE new hockey fan HAS to be a Penguins fan...they just have to...it wouldn't make sense for ANY OTHER TEAM to grow their fanbase...ever again. The league MUST make sure this trend continues, as Piitsburgh is a model franchise (Bettman's own words) and Sidney is truly the best possible example of a pro athlete...ever. :D

Hmmm

Sidney Crosby is the "face of the NHL" right? Then how come the NHL is dying off faster then the polar ice caps? Maybe there's a correlation between marketing a whiny cheapshotting crybaby and the sport becoming less popular?

Oh and I almost forgot in regards to Sid the Kid's remark about kids buying Sid's jersey, kids relate to Sid because they are experts at whining too. Sheeeesh, I guess 52% of the NHL players must be wrong then if they've voted him the whinest player in the NHL. Wow what a poster boy, NHL.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?id=43746

Watch the video. Lidstrom shakes Dupuis' hand last, waits 17 seconds, and skates off while Sid is in the middle of an interview. As soon as the interview is over, Sid skates over and shakes Franzen's hand.

And they call Sid the whiner. :rolleyes:

You don't get it do you. Again, 52% of NHL said he is the biggest whiner. I wonder what the percentage of fans say??? lol

Guest Shoreline

Watch the video. Lidstrom shakes Dupuis' hand last, waits 17 seconds, and skates off while Sid is in the middle of an interview. As soon as the interview is over, Sid skates over and shakes Franzen's hand.

Where was Sid giving the interview? I couldn't see it from that video.

I also deleted the DVR I had of the handshake so I couldn't look it over again.

But yeah, Lidstrom couldn't reasonably wait around forever, and Sid was just late, not a no-show. People are blowing this way out of proportion and guaranteed it isn't such a big deal if it isn't Sidney Crosby involved.

What because Lidstrom didn't wait on the chosen one to be done with his interview? Oh no, call Bettman and have him suspended immeadiately. :rolleyes: Captain prick should have been first in the line to shake hands with the Wings, not been the last one to do so. Don't give me the excuse that he is "just a kid" either, because that just doesn't fly. He was deemed mature enough to be made captain of an NHL team, so he should have been mature enough to lead his team through the handshakes at the end of the game. You're not going to make anyone here think better of him, just because you try to make Lidstrom look like the bad guy for skating off and not waiting for Crosby to finish his interview. Crosby has no respect for anyone else, and this just showed it last night. Enjoy the Cup while you have it, you won't be seeing another one anytime soon.

DRAPER SHOULD HAVE CALLED HIM "A LITTLE *****" because he is a little *****....he should be surprised...i think that 90% of this forum knows how much of a little ***** he actually is....i think draps was just angry because we lost.

whoever thinks crosby did it on purpose fails at life... that is my opinion. He was busy celebrating his first cup win.. I think I can give him some slack.

Guest Shoreline
whoever thinks crosby did it on purpose fails at life... that is my opinion. He was busy celebrating his first cup win.. I think I can give him some slack.

Doubt you're gonna get any slack here. People have found yet another reason to be more obsessive about Crosby than the media. And I thought that wasn't possible.

Duck GUY!!!!!!!!!! Man I thought you were MIA!!! You just threw some wings love in your avatar. Nice to see you. And agreed, Crosby nor any other would do it on purpose. He is enjoying it, I guess. Little turd!

Duck GUY!!!!!!!!!! Man I thought you were MIA!!! You just threw some wings love in your avatar. Nice to see you. And agreed, Crosby nor any other would do it on purpose. He is enjoying it, I guess. Little turd!

I just ordered my Malkin jersey and my wife and son ordered Crosby jerseys . again thanks for a great series

Ya that happens alot maybe I should stop changing it haha.

Dr Rosenrosen basically just proved everyone wrong here. Why couldn't Lidstrom wait for Crosby? Or be a very gracious loser and even approach him to congratulate him? I'm not calling Lidstrom a bad guy or anything. In fact everything I've ever heard about him indicates that he's a great guy and a great captain. But the same questions you're raising about Crosby not going over to him could be asked of Lidstrom. And if you listened to Crosby's post game he talked about his injury and the pain killers he took so he could try to play. So let's see, a 21 year-old kid who is feeling good from pain killers just wins the trophy he's worked his whole lilfe to get and is now being mobbed by the media...I can't find one reason there why he wouldn't be speed skating over to Nick to shake his hand...it's not a lack of respect it was a matter of circumstances!!

And as for Sid being the face of the NHL, you're touching yourself if you think he's not. Babcock himself said so when he was talking about all the commercials Crosby is in. It's not his fault that the NHL chose him to rally their marketing around. Same with the Gretzky comparisons. Crosby never begged scouts and analysts to say that about him. He earned those comparisons cause he's awesome. And he must be having an effect because if you looked at the ratings for these playoffs, they were the highest in about 7 or 8 years.

Oh, and Max Talbot had more points than every Wing except for Zetterberg who tied him. And Hossa only had 15 points for the entire playoffs opposed to 26 last year when he played along side...wait for it...Sidney Crosby! So tell me about how great the Wings did at keeping our guys off the scoresheet.