• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Draper ticked that Crosby snubbed Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Back to the original post.. the thing that really bugged me about Crosby and the handshake line was:

And I don't know if anyone has a video they could upload to show it, but did anyone else see when Crosby and Babcock met in line? The camera was pretty close because you could cleary hear Babs say "Congratulations, that was great leadership by you." and was looking Crosby right in the face. I kid you not, Sid didn't even look at him, and just kept skating. My father and I both kind of looked at eachother, already disappointed in the loss, and were just kind of disgusted.

I'm truley not looking for another reason to dislike Crosby, but he may claim he didnt purposly snub Nick, but I would like to hear his explanation for that one.

Again, if anyone has the video that would be great.

Back to the original post.. the thing that really bugged me about Crosby and the handshake line was:

And I don't know if anyone has a video they could upload to show it, but did anyone else see when Crosby and Babcock met in line? The camera was pretty close because you could cleary hear Babs say "Congratulations, that was great leadership by you." and was looking Crosby right in the face. I kid you not, Sid didn't even look at him, and just kept skating. My father and I both kind of looked at eachother, already disappointed in the loss, and were just kind of disgusted.

I'm truley not looking for another reason to dislike Crosby, but he may claim he didnt purposly snub Nick, but I would like to hear his explanation for that one.

Again, if anyone has the video that would be great.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was sorta suprised how sarcastic Babcock sounded to Crosby. <3 the Wings coach

I thought the end of the playoffs meant the end of all these trolls. Wow, was I wrong.

Same here. I was wondering if we did the same thing to them last year and they are just returning the favor.

I went to: http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...&start=6150

I found two posts from the same Wings fan. that's it.

(wings fan here) WOW, i gotta say..pit fans/team REALLY

by XxGoWingsxX on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 am

Impressed me...your fans at the game, stayed after watched the wings on your own ice, and didn't really give the dis-respect i expected...except booing bettman lol which i would have done myself...and chelios...i HATE chelios, yes hes a wing but look on youtube for chelios hates detroit...hated him since then.

Anyways, i've only posted here a few days and you pens fans have been rather cordial to a wing lover like me, i must say i'm impressed with your class and composure. Now on to the penguins...now that the series is over...i can say this guilt free...sidney crosby is one HELL of a guy and a captain. He went and consoled his teammates after the loss, and had words of encouragement during the handshake....VERY very good young guy there.

I'm actually very sad for you guys that your team may very well be a much different group of guys next year...or am i mistaken about the number of UFA's? Not to mention the salary raises for star players, and keeping hossa? Marc-andre Fleury never seized to amaze me this series and while i hated to see the winning goal for us go in off his ass, as a wing fan we'll take it. Hossa scared me at the end there...i almost saw game 5 deja-vu....although by the time it got in front of the net, time was out.

Anyways...great series, pens fought hard, and i have 100 times the respect that i did before the series. Enjoy the summer ladies n gents...i'll do the same.

XxGoWingsxX

Concerned wings fan here (no worries, i'm a classy guy)

by XxGoWingsxX on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 am

First off, i have to tip my hat to the likes of Marc-Andre-Fleury, hossa and gang. I think thats one of the best finals games i've seen since like early 90's, and it wasn't that the team who played better won, because both teams played AMAZING hockey and MAF never seized to amaze me. No what i think it came down to was who had that one good bounce go their way and it just wasn't detroit last night

The puck hit the ref (we dont like ohalloran too much here in det, if you look he's reffed all our losses in the playoffs this year, and some cry conspiracy because he hates detroit because he was shot there some 20 years ago, and even tho he lives in metro detroit i think its just...he's bad luck for us lol) anyways the puck hit him, took a bounce back out to the point and sykora just put it home, end of story.

Thats the hockey I wanted to see all along, win or lose. But the real reason I'm posting this is...i'm a bit concerned about the youngster Ryan Malone, anyone know if the poor guy is ok? wasn't his nose ALREADY broken? And, if i'm not mistaken gonchar was back toward the end of 3rd ot right? Is he ok too? I mean i want my wings to win, but i don't wish that kind of pain on anybody.

Before this series, i didn't have much respect for the pens, but they've made a believer out of me. I still don't care for Sidney much, but man watch out once that kid develops in the next few years holy crap lol..how can you NOT have respect for that? Anyways guys good luck in game 6, hope Malone and Gonchar are ok because if the wings end up wining I want it to be against a healthy team. Oh yeah one more thing, whats up with malkin? Is he really just exhausted? Or harboring a secret injury?

XxGoWingsxX

There was not one congratulatory post from a Pens fan. There was one named "To Pens Fans" at LGW as soon as game 7 ended. Link It had nothing but praise.

Edited for link.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Guest micah
I love Babs.

Sid the "kid" is not a leader...

You "love" Babs, yet you apparently think he is either unable to identify great leadership or you think he's a liar. Interesting.

Guest micah
if he wanted to go after the pens star players, why didn't he go after malkin? because malkin would have kicked his rear.

You must not watch many Wings games. There is not a player in the league that is incapable of kicking Franzen's ass. He is the softest coward in the league. Give Crosby some credit, at least he'll try to fight, even if he sucks at it. Franzen just grabs his face and dives to the ice. You're right that Malkin could have beat him down, but so could Crosby or Martin St Louis.

From Toronto Star.

Is Crosby still living in the basement?

He doesn't live in the basement. He lives in something comparable to a poolhouse. It's a house of one of the greatest players to ever play the game, of course he's going to have many little houses next to the big one.

The only thing I don't like about Franzen is that he runs over goalies and hardly gets called for it.

Usually because Pronger cross checks people into them

I know I'm not going to change anyone's opinoin on Sid, whether good or bad, but I get the good fortune to watch him every single game. And I get the good fortune of seeing his charity work around the city of Pgh, the endless hours of interviews, and promotions, etc, etc. He is a great player and a great leader IMO. He is also a great member of the Pgh community.

People who don't get to see him all the time seem to focus just on his negatives. And it paints a very bad picture. Does he dive and look at the refs? yes. But he has cut it to a level that I think isn't worth talking about anymore. His rookie year tarnished him, but I think he has grown up a ton, and he still has a ton to do. But for his age, and the pressure put on him to not only lead the Pens, but to be a face of the NHL, I think very few people his age could do what he has done.

I also saw a picture of the whole Babcock thing. He talked to him before, and Babcock threw in the leadership thing as they were parting, but that is the only thing the camera caught. It wasn't as bad as it looked.

As for missing half the Red Wings, you get caught up in the moment. He didn't do it intentionally.

Like I said, I'm not going to change anyone's opinions, but as a Pens fan, and someone who gets to watch him all the time, and see what he does around the community, he is a great young man, and a great role model.

All I know is that Draper should have used the memories of 4 Cup wins to stick around on the ice for another 30 seconds instead of being a, yeah you guessed it, a whiner.

Remember, you can't spell Kris Draper without "Kid Raper"

All I know is that Draper should have used the memories of 4 Cup wins to stick around on the ice for another 30 seconds instead of being a, yeah you guessed it, a whiner.

He probably did use the memories.

He probably knew that the opponents were pissed and wanted to pay his respects before they angrily got off the ice knowing that he had all night and all summer to celebrate with his teammates.

I know I'm not going to change anyone's opinoin on Sid, whether good or bad, but I get the good fortune to watch him every single game. And I get the good fortune of seeing his charity work around the city of Pgh, the endless hours of interviews, and promotions, etc, etc. He is a great player and a great leader IMO. He is also a great member of the Pgh community.

People who don't get to see him all the time seem to focus just on his negatives. And it paints a very bad picture. Does he dive and look at the refs? yes. But he has cut it to a level that I think isn't worth talking about anymore. His rookie year tarnished him, but I think he has grown up a ton, and he still has a ton to do. But for his age, and the pressure put on him to not only lead the Pens, but to be a face of the NHL, I think very few people his age could do what he has done.

I also saw a picture of the whole Babcock thing. He talked to him before, and Babcock threw in the leadership thing as they were parting, but that is the only thing the camera caught. It wasn't as bad as it looked.

As for missing half the Red Wings, you get caught up in the moment. He didn't do it intentionally.

Like I said, I'm not going to change anyone's opinions, but as a Pens fan, and someone who gets to watch him all the time, and see what he does around the community, he is a great young man, and a great role model.

In terms of doing things around the community, it's a great thing, but that doesn't make him any more special than any other superstar in the league. Every star does work in the community. It's an unspoken rule that they're supposed to. It's just that some get more publicity over others.

I don't believe in the diving and whining criticism for Sid. I have many, but that's not one of them. He's the captain. He's supposed to whine. Many Wings fans here refuse to admit it but Yzerman whined as much as any superstar in the league. It just looks worse for Sid because he has a whiny type of face that looks really ugly when he whines. I'm not criticizing, I'm just stating observations. Blame God for that.

IMO, the only thing that makes Sid appear more special than others is his age and the human obsession of youth over wisdom. For his age, he's right where he should be in terms of maturity. However, like it or not, if you want his kind of fame and publicity, then you better be able to accept the consequences of it. I'd say he's doing an ok job so far. There are much better examples such as Jonathan Toews.

He probably did use the memories.

He probably knew that the opponents were pissed and wanted to pay his respects before they angrily got off the ice knowing that he had all night and all summer to celebrate with his teammates.

Watch the NBC video and you see Crosby skating towards the line but stops to be a CAPTAIN and congratulate and celebrate with the taxi squad.

Shame on him :rolleyes:

Watch the NBC video and you see Crosby skating towards the line but stops to be a CAPTAIN and congratulate and celebrate with the taxi squad.

I'm not sure if you've really added anything new that would require something that I haven't already said.

Sure, I guess, but a bigger part of being captain is to pay respects to your opponent. I'm sure at this point that you're thinking "well, Draper didn't do it either," but the thing is, he waited as long as any loser in the past was willing to wait. You can choose not to shake hands, but there are consequences to that. There's a reason why he doesn't get that much personal respect from other players in the league. I guess that hasn't changed.

I did find it odd that he appeared to be the only player in a uniform around a bunch of suits while his teammates were well in line. You say being a captain, I say, buying time so he can choose to act immature. He just loves publicity and drama. You get more press when you act immature.

Anyone in favor of Crosby is going to agree with his actions. You're not going to convince them otherwise. Oppinions are oppinions, and although I don't like what Crosby "did," you know damn well he really doesn't care at this point.

It's about respect. Respect for the game, the history, and the cup. Your "captain" proved his critics right with his response to Draper anyways.

Enjoy the summer...and we'll expect the cup returned to us in the same condiction in which you got it.

You're the winning team's captain...you go out of your way to do right. I don't care about the circumstances...as my old man used to tell me, you're only responsible for your behaviour. Be the bigger (and better) man. Your celebrations can wait 30-60 seconds. Doing the right thing at the right time...can't.

He was flat-out wrong, and multiple wrongs don't make it right. He can't control what they do...he can control what he does and he should have done right even if it was behind closed doors. You extend your hand and thank your opponent. If he walks away or refuses it, then as they say, that's all you need to know about your opponent.

You're the winning team's captain...you go out of your way to do right. I don't care about the circumstances...as my old man used to tell me, you're only responsible for your behaviour. Be the bigger (and better) man. Your celebrations can wait 30-60 seconds. Doing the right thing at the right time...can't.

He was flat-out wrong, and multiple wrongs don't make it right. He can't control what they do...he can control what he does and he should have done right even if it was behind closed doors. You extend your hand and thank your opponent. If he walks away or refuses it, then as they say, that's all you need to know about your opponent.

Agreed. It's not like anyone was watching Crosby's every move or that he had anything to prove about his perceived maturity level.. :rolleyes:

Honestly, Crosby had a chance to prove a lot of his critics wrong by showing a level of character that he apparently didn't possess.

I guess that's why Crosby handed the cup off to the actual captain of the team.