• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Draper ticked that Crosby snubbed Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Anyone in favor of Crosby is going to agree with his actions. You're not going to convince them otherwise. Oppinions are oppinions, and although I don't like what Crosby "did," you know damn well he really doesn't care at this point.

Agreed, and the same holds true the other way. Anyone who hates him will view his actions differently to help build their hate.

That is why I said I'm not going to try to change anyones opinions here, because they are locked.

But to me, Crosby is a great person, a great player, and a great leader.

You have Mr. Bettman to thank for that.

Exactly. Like, I, and others have said countless times. Crosby would have more respect around here, and around the league, if he wasn't forced down our throats - long before he accomplished anything at all.

dont hate the player, hate the game. yes he is over exposed (not entirely his fault)..... but if you have ever heard him interviewed, you would know he is nothing but class.

I'm not saying hes entirley classeless, but anyone can look classy when the camera and mic's are on. Bettman wants him to be the face of the NHL.

I'm not saying hes entirley classeless, but anyone can look classy when the camera and mic's are on. Bettman wants him to be the face of the NHL.

ok, so put on your marketing hat. who would you pick to be the league poster child?

you cannot pick a european, that does not speak perfect english and looks like he got hit by a train to be the face to market the NHL in NORTH AMERICA. OV is a phenomenal player, but not a marketable personality.

Well you told me to put on my marketing hat. Bettman wants the NHL to be exciting, excitment draws fans. That "you never know what hes going to do next" playing style is marketable. Younger fans see him falling on his back and knees, and still putting the puck in the back of the net? Dont you think that impresses them?

Okay, so the English, and not so pretty face..

Why not Patrick Kane? Do I think hes better then Crosby? No, but I think hes just as marketable. Young star, original six team. Better years are head of him, and hes already made a WCF appearence.

ok, so put on your marketing hat. who would you pick to be the league poster child?

Why, Nick Lidstrom, of course!

Seriously, Sid is in a nasty position. He can't fart without people analyzing what he might have eaten to produce it. He has held up quite well, especially for one so young. I'd be wishing for my life back. I don't deny his talent, nor his abilities.

I have to ask why the league needs a poster child. Why not showcase young, up-and-coming talent alongside veterans who have earned their status?

Back to the topic: When Lidstrom won the Cup for the first time as Captain, he had already won other Cups as an alternate, as well as being a Conn Smythe winner. He was probably more aware of what to expect, and how things went on the ice as far as emotions and overcoming circumstance in favour of protocol. If Sid wins again, I am sure he will make a concentrated effort to be leading the handshake line.

Well you told me to put on my marketing hat. Bettman wants the NHL to be exciting, excitment draws fans. That "you never know what hes going to do next" playing style is marketable. Younger fans see him falling on his back and knees, and still putting the puck in the back of the net? Dont you think that impresses them?

Why not Patrick Kane? Do I think hes better then Crosby? No, but I think hes just as marketable. Young star, original six team. Better years are head of him, and hes already made a WCF appearence.

Kane would be great........ should be more than one person to begin with. dont get me wrong, i love crosby being on my team as a player, but i totally understand people getting sick of seeing him. but you cant have a brain in your head (not talking about you) if you come on this or any other board and say that he sucks as a player.

Why, Nick Lidstrom, of course!

Seriously, Sid is in a nasty position. He can't fart without people analyzing what he might have eaten to produce it. He has held up quite well, especially for one so young. I'd be wishing for my life back. I don't deny his talent, nor his abilities.

I have to ask why the league needs a poster child. Why not showcase young, up-and-coming talent alongside veterans who have earned their status?

Back to the topic: When Lidstrom won the Cup for the first time as Captain, he had already won other Cups as an alternate, as well as being a Conn Smythe winner. He was probably more aware of what to expect, and how things went on the ice as far as emotions and overcoming circumstance in favour of protocol. If Sid wins again, I am sure he will make a concentrated effort to be leading the handshake line.

if you live in pittsburgh, or follow pittsburgh media, and have seen or heard sid address the handshake issue, you would know it was not on purpose and that he regrets it happening.

Edited by reggiedunlop

Like it or not, Sidney Crosby is the face of the NHL in the same manner Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL ..... That's just marketing folks ... it is what it is.

Nobody is asking for your approval. I'm sure if the NHL elected to make on of the Wings players the face of the league you all would have no problem with it.

ARE THESE f***S STILL ON LETS GO WINGS?!?!?!?!

go back to your penguin s*** site and quit trolling up this site!

btw....the wings are about the TEAM, not a couple "superstars" that run the show there. they don't need to have the face of the NHL.

Kane would be great........ should be more than one person to begin with. dont get me wrong, i love crosby being on my team as a player, but i totally understand people getting sick of seeing him. but you cant have a brain in your head (not talking about you) if you come on this or any other board and say that he sucks as a player.

Of course. In my oppinion he is a Top-10 player in the League.

ARE THESE f***S STILL ON LETS GO WINGS?!?!?!?!

go back to your penguin s*** site and quit trolling up this site!

btw....the wings are about the TEAM, not a couple "superstars" that run the show there. they don't need to have the face of the NHL.

normally do not bother responding to the small minded ones here, but here i go.............. wondering how we beat you with our "superstars" so quiet in the scf. perhaps we are about the TEAM as well.

your always colorful use of language is amusing. bet you are enjoying summer vacation.

if you live in pittsburgh, or follow pittsburgh media, and have seen or heard sid address the handshake issue, you would know it was not on purpose and that he regrets it happening.

That's pretty much what I meant in saying he would not do it next time. He was in a new situation, the most exciting of his life. I'm sure he was surrounded by people and just lost track of what was going on. I don't think it was on purpose at all. He did join in eventually. I think if he had the experience that Lidstrom had of having won it before he got the C, he would have been more aware. That's not a snub on Sid. It's easy to get carried away in the moment.

That's pretty much what I meant in saying he would not do it next time. He was in a new situation, the most exciting of his life. I'm sure he was surrounded by people and just lost track of what was going on. I don't think it was on purpose at all. He did join in eventually. I think if he had the experience that Lidstrom had of having won it before he got the C, he would have been more aware. That's not a snub on Sid. It's easy to get carried away in the moment.

if i won i would soil myself!!!!!!!!!!!! , so i will forgive all a few accidental protocol breaches.

Unfortanately, outside of people that follow hockey, if you would go down the road and ask who Patrick Kane was, no one would know.

The only two names the casual fan knows is Crosby and Ovechkin, (a possiblity of Malkin).

I personally would love to see those three marketed, along with Toews, Kane, Richards, Semin, Green, and vets like Zetterberg, Lindstrom, Hossa, Gaborik, Igllina (sp??) but the casual crowd doesn't even know one of their names. So the NHL needs to draw them with a recognizable name.

Just like the NBA. I don't follow it. Pgh doesn't have a team. But I'll watch when Lebron is on. I'm sure people are sick of him and Kobe. But watching Lebron, it drew me in and now I like Howard of the Magic. I'll watch him now too.

Ovechkin, Thornton, Kane, Lidstrom, Iginla, Luongo, Zetterberg, Nash, Brodeur, Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Lecavalier.

12 players who the NHL needs to be marketing.

Steve Mason would be another nice marketing option. He is young and a great goalie.

Unfortanately, outside of people that follow hockey, if you would go down the road and ask who Patrick Kane was, no one would know.

The only two names the casual fan knows is Crosby and Ovechkin, (a possiblity of Malkin).

I personally would love to see those three marketed, along with Toews, Kane, Richards, Semin, Green, and vets like Zetterberg, Lindstrom, Hossa, Gaborik, Igllina (sp??) but the casual crowd doesn't even know one of their names. So the NHL needs to draw them with a recognizable name.

Just like the NBA. I don't follow it. Pgh doesn't have a team. But I'll watch when Lebron is on. I'm sure people are sick of him and Kobe. But watching Lebron, it drew me in and now I like Howard of the Magic. I'll watch him now too.

Well if Crosby wasnt talked of often, and marketed early would they know him still? I mean, what if Patrick Kane or another young player was treated the EXACT same way Crosby was when we came into the league? You never really know..

Personally, I would like to see more then one player be the face as well. It was nice to see it sort of go from Crosby to Crosby/Ovechkin.

Well if Crosby wasnt talked of often, and marketed early would they know him still? I mean, what if Patrick Kane or another young player was treated the EXACT same way Crosby was when we came into the league? You never really know..

Personally, I would like to see more then one player be the face as well. It was nice to see it sort of go from Crosby to Crosby/Ovechkin.

absolutely, a good mix of old and new would be great.

Agreed 100%. The more players out there, the better.