• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Draper ticked that Crosby snubbed Lidstrom

Rate this topic

That's all he had to say but he chose to take a different route.

think the microscope on him is a little too small. and im sure he is a little sick of being called out for everything opposing fans see as unacceptable behavior by a 21 yr old.

i can see the team that lost not wanting to hang around on the ice to watch the winning team celebrate, i can see the team that won wanting to celebrate with their teamates. so he didnt rush over to shake hands for a few minutes, give him a freakin break, he just won the stanley cup. maybe we in pittsburgh should be complaining that lidstrom didnt wait long enough before returning to the locker room. which would be whiney of us.

im guessing in every cup not every player gets to shake hands with every player.

if draper is bored and really wants to dwell on it.... look at the players that were still in line that crosby shook hands with. im guessing there were a few there that crosby would have way more reason to be pissed at than lidstrom .

having said all that, im sure he has learned from this and will not make the same mistake again

Edited by reggiedunlop

if you live in pittsburgh, or follow pittsburgh media, and have seen or heard sid address the handshake issue, you would know it was not on purpose and that he regrets it happening.

That's funny, because today he said, and I quote: “I have no regrets. I’ve been on both sides of it, and it’s not fun being on the losing end. But it doesn’t change anything. You still shake hands no matter what.â€

What's curious is that every other Penguin made it through the line and the first 6 or 7 Wings in line and Crosby was over blowing Bettman or whatever the heck he was doing.

I'm actually glad he did it because it gives the Wings motivation to annhilate him next year.

That's funny, because today he said, and I quote: “I have no regrets. I’ve been on both sides of it, and it’s not fun being on the losing end. But it doesn’t change anything. You still shake hands no matter what.â€

What's curious is that every other Penguin made it through the line and the first 6 or 7 Wings in line and Crosby was over blowing Bettman or whatever the heck he was doing.

I'm actually glad he did it because it gives the Wings motivation to annhilate him next year.

does not regret it because he did not do it intentionally.

enjoy summer vacation

Edited by reggiedunlop

think the microscope on him is a little too small. and im sure he is a little sick of being called out for everything opposing fans see as unacceptable behavior by a 21 yr old.

i can see the team that lost not wanting to hang around on the ice to watch the winning team celebrate, i can see the team that won wanting to celebrate with their teamates. so he didnt rush over to shake hands for a few minutes, give him a freakin break, he just won the stanley cup. maybe we in pittsburgh should be complaining that lidstrom didnt wait long enough before returning to the locker room. which would be whiney of us.

im guessing in every cup not every player gets to shake hands with every player.

if draper is bored and really wants to dwell on it.... look at the players that were still in line that crosby shook hands with. im guessing there were a few there that crosby would have way more reason to be pissed at than lidstrom .

having said all that, im sure he has learned from this and will not make the same mistake again

Draper didn't mention it because he was bored, he mentioned it because Crosby didn't show the respect that he should have. As for him wanting to celebrate with his team, that's fine. But his interview could have waited until after he went through and shook hands with everyone. You celebrate with your team for a few minutes after the game ends, gather yourself long enough to go through the line and shake hands, and then do your interviews or whatever else. Lidstrom shouldn't have to wait on Crosby, so you even saying that maybe you guys should complain that Lids didn't wait long enough is just ridiculous. Draper is not the only one who didn't take kindly to it either.

€œI was a little bit surprised when I shook everyone's hands, their players and their coaches,€ Lidstrom said. €œI think Sidney was just caught up in the moment and he was still celebrating, and I think that's why he never came over and shook hands.€

http://www.freep.com/article/20090615/BLOG...off+controversy

"I think you should do it after a series, shaking hands. I don't know why he didn't do it,'' Zetterberg said Monday, after players cleaned out their lockers. "I think it's disrespectful. I don't know the reason he didn't do it, but I hope he has a really good one.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...terberg_ca.html

Edited by tazzer82

Draper didn't mention it because he was bored, he mentioned it because Crosby didn't show the respect that he should have. As for him wanting to celebrate with his team, that's fine. But his interview could have waited until after he went through and shook hands with everyone. You celebrate with your team for a few minutes after the game ends, gather yourself long enough to go through the line and shake hands, and then do your interviews or whatever else. Lidstrom shouldn't have to wait on Crosby, so you even saying that maybe you guys should complain that Lids didn't wait long enough is just ridiculous. Draper is not the only one who didn't take kindly to it either.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090615/BLOG...off+controversy

"I think you should do it after a series, shaking hands. I don't know why he didn't do it,'' Zetterberg said Monday, after players cleaned out their lockers. "I think it's disrespectful. I don't know the reason he didn't do it, but I hope he has a really good one.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...terberg_ca.html

lets give him a little space since it was his first cup. hopefully someday he can be on a level with mr lidstrom as a captain

lets give him a little space since it was his first cup. hopefully someday he can be on a level with mr lidstrom as a captain

Can anyone explain why the media isn't getting serious flak for this?

They are the ones who HAD to speak with Crosby directly following his cup win. I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. Not once.

Doesn't matter that it was his first Cup. He should have waited to do the interview until after he shook hands with ALL of the Wings. He's won championships elsewhere while he was captain, right? Being captain of an NHL team, he should know that going through the line to shake hands is supposed to come before giving interviews. Not like the media couldn't wait a few minutes until he had gone through the line. But whatever, just proves why everyone still calls him Sid the Kid. He still has alot of maturing to do IMO, hopefully whenever he wins another Cup, he will show the proper respect for the other team's captain.

Doesn't matter that it was his first Cup. He should have waited to do the interview until after he shook hands with ALL of the Wings. He's won championships elsewhere while he was captain, right? Being captain of an NHL team, he should know that going through the line to shake hands is supposed to come before giving interviews. Not like the media couldn't wait a few minutes until he had gone through the line. But whatever, just proves why everyone still calls him Sid the Kid. He still has alot of maturing to do IMO, hopefully whenever he wins another Cup, he will show the proper respect for the other team's captain.

wow, this is awesome!! 3 days and still crying about Crosby, I love it lol

Guest Blackhawkdown

Wow, this is ridiculous. Sid could have come out and said that he thought it was classless that some of the Wings players went to the locker room so fast. It would hold about as much weight as saying he snubbed some of the Wing players.

He shook about half of the players hands, why were they all still out there and half the team was off the ice? Sid got hounded by the media, he was caught up in the moment, give the guy a break.

I read what a few Wings players said and I think its really pathetic that they would come out and try and make something out of nothing. RIDICULOUS. I love Crosby's response to this, he did nothing wrong or on purpose.

Oh well.... Media sucks thats all that means

Funny how drapes has to become vocal about a Lidstrom diss and not the actual man dissed.... a buncha hearsay

What liddy should be really pissed at AND I MEAN REALLY PISSED AT is that Bettman DIDN'T hand HIM the cup! now there is something to be mad about El Capitan

Edited by OsGOD

Oh well.... Media sucks thats all that means

Funny how drapes has to become vocal about a Lidstrom diss and not the actual man dissed.... a buncha hearsay

What liddy should be really pissed at AND I MEAN REALLY PISSED AT is that Bettman DIDN'T hand HIM the cup! now there is something to be mad about El Capitan

Being angry isn't programmed into Lidstroms sub-routines. The only thing he knows is "Great Hockey" and "Death Glare"

This is not my original and if it's a repost I apologize in advance. My good friend Trixie who is also a member here sent this to me

3631277554_b249a9a92a_o.jpg

Trixie made that, so it's not a repost.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

This is just another thing that sports media just tries to make a big deal out of when there is very little. Personally, I don't give a flying rat's rear end about it. This is just like whne Lebron James didn't shake hands with Orlando Magic players after they eliminated his team. Any other player in both situations, this gets little/no publicity. I don't think one way or another about Crosby more often than not, but people are seriously reaching for excuses to dislike the guy that much more.

wow, this is awesome!! 3 days and still crying about Crosby, I love it lol

lol, it will be a lot more than 3 days, it has been over 3 years already. The cryers calling crosby a crybaby is classic irony at it's best. These fools that complain about the media attention sid gets are the ones that are the most affected by the media it seems. The haters hang off of everything the media says about him. TSN could report a story of crosby farting in church and all these retards would talk about for a week and a 15 page thread is how awful crosby is. lol

Oh yeah and Sid deliberately snubbed Lidstrom, he had it planned for months.

lol, it will be a lot more than 3 days, it has been over 3 years already. The cryers calling crosby a crybaby is classic irony at it's best. These fools that complain about the media attention sid gets are the ones that are the most affected by the media it seems. The haters hang off of everything the media says about him. TSN could report a story of crosby farting in church and all these retards would talk about for a week and a 15 page thread is how awful crosby is. lol

Oh yeah and Sid deliberately snubbed Lidstrom, he had it planned for months.

Aren't you the little weasel troll who posted all the anti city of Detroit crap over on the s***sburgh boards?

I can honestly say I didn't consider untill now, that the media did get to Crosby kind of quickly. Maybe they should of waited untill after the handshakes to get their interviews.

Can anyone explain why the media isn't getting serious flak for this?

They are the ones who HAD to speak with Crosby directly following his cup win. I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. Not once.

Not true, he was busy hugging teammates when he could have joined the line and there would have been no problem.

I've seen lots of excuses floated around, but none of them hold any weight. The only thing the media did wrong was to give the appearance he only shook hands with Osgood and Babcock, but the interviews were finished well within reason for him to make the back of the line in time to shake hands with everyone.

Aren't you the little weasel troll who posted all the anti city of Detroit crap over on the s***sburgh boards?

Interesting comment.

I am not from either city, but i would certainly live in Pittsburgh over Detroit if I had to choose.

Not true, he was busy hugging teammates when he could have joined the line and there would have been no problem.

I've seen lots of excuses floated around, but none of them hold any weight. The only thing the media did wrong was to give the appearance he only shook hands with Osgood and Babcock, but the interviews were finished well within reason for him to make the back of the line in time to shake hands with everyone.

Maybe the reporter should have told Kris Draper when he first brought this up after the Wings lost that if you're pissed about Crosby and the handshakes then you shouldnt have gagged and choked away a Game 7 on your home-ice and maybe Crosby would have been waiting for you guys like he did last season in Game 6 instead of the other way around. Beating the Red Wings at home for the Cup in a Game 7 when there was no way in the world on this board before Friday last week that any Wings fan thought the Wings would lose that game makes this all the more sweeter. Safe to say at the moment the "City of Champions > "Hockeytown".