• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Draper ticked that Crosby snubbed Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Maybe the reporter should have told Kris Draper when he first brought this up after the Wings lost that if you're pissed about Crosby and the handshakes then you shouldnt have gagged and choked away a Game 7 on your home-ice and maybe Crosby would have been waiting for you guys like he did last season in Game 6 instead of the other way around. Beating the Red Wings at home for the Cup in a Game 7 when there was no way in the world on this board before Friday last week that any Wings fan thought the Wings would lose that game makes this all the more sweeter. Safe to say at the moment the "City of Champions > "Hockeytown".

And using simple math we all know that 11 > 3

Careful breaking out that greater than sign friend-o, it's not always your friend

Edited by Jersey Wing

And using simple math we all know that 11 > 3

Im speaking of no team has ever won a Stanley Cup Championship and a Super Bowl Championship in the history of Professional sports until this season like the Penguins and Steelers did which is very very tough to do nowadays in sports with the salary cap and what not.

Im speaking of no team has ever won a Stanley Cup Championship and a Super Bowl Championship in the history of Professional sports until this season like the Penguins and Steelers did which is very very tough to do nowadays in sports with the salary cap and what not.

And using your logic (number of championships), it sounds like BOSTON has more of a claim on the "City of Champions" moniker than Pittsburgh does. Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox, and I believe that the Red Sox and Pats won the championship's in the same year, as well. Adding up the TOTAL championships in the Big Four sports, I think they're kicking your ass.

Wtf are you talking about? Do you even look at what you type?

Read this again, cause you typed it.

"No Team has ever won a Stanley Cup Championship and a Super Bowl Championship in until this season."

And no team ever will, dumb ass. They're two entirely different teams.

Now, assuming you actually meant "No City has done it before," well, if only taking into account Hockey and Football, thats true.

However, the Boston Red Sox and the New England Patriots have won it in the same year, and Baseball has a much smaller playoff pool than Hockey, making it in some ways even more difficult.

Edited by Zack is Great

Maybe the reporter should have told Kris Draper when he first brought this up after the Wings lost that if you're pissed about Crosby and the handshakes then you shouldnt have gagged and choked away a Game 7 on your home-ice and maybe Crosby would have been waiting for you guys like he did last season in Game 6 instead of the other way around. Beating the Red Wings at home for the Cup in a Game 7 when there was no way in the world on this board before Friday last week that any Wings fan thought the Wings would lose that game makes this all the more sweeter. Safe to say at the moment the "City of Champions > "Hockeytown".

Winning the game isn't any ******* excuse to miss shaking the other captain's hand. No excuse at all.

Let me preface what I am about to say with this:

The Penguins as an organization, and as a team, deserved this championship, so congratulations to all Pens fans for the team's hard fought victory. It was extraordinary.

On to the subject of Crosby's snub. I don't care what he says his intentions were after the fact. What would you expect him to say? It wasn't his intention to shake hands? Why can't this little f&*k ever just own up to making a mistake?

Listen, it was his responsibility as the team captain to celebrate in the scrum, and at the very least, join his other teammates who had the wherewithal amidst the celebration to get in line and shake the hands of the team they just vanquished. He should have been front and center, but he's a young punk who wasn't even the third best player for his team during this series, and he is supposed to be the league's savior? Give me an f'n break.

If reports are true, the NHL is also to blame for the PR circus they helped create at the end of the game, and this proves they put marketing above the traditions of the game. F*&k you Bettman, d&*khead.

Edited by DraperFan MN

Let me preface what I am about to say with this:

The Penguins as an organization, and as a team, deserved this championship, so congratulations to all Pens fans for the team's hard fought victory. It was extraordinary.

On to the subject of Crosby's snub. I don't care what he says his intentions were after the fact. What would you expect him to say? It wasn't his intention to shake hands? Why can't this little f&*k ever just own up to making a mistake?

Listen, it was his responsibility as the team captain to celebrate in the scrum, and at the very least, join his other teammates who had the wherewithal amidst the celebration to get in line and shake the hands of the team they just vanquished. He should have been front and center, but he's a young punk who wasn't even the third best player for his team during this series, and he is supposed to be the league's savior? Give me an f'n break.

If reports are true, the NHL is also to blame for the PR circus they helped create at the end of the game, and this proves they put marketing above the traditions of the game. F*&k you Bettman, d&*khead.

thanks for the congrats...... now get over your obsession.

If I was obsessed, you would see multiple posts by me on this board on this subject, it was going to remain the only one, but you decided to chime in. My congrats was sincere, let me be clear on that.

If you want to debate what happened, lets do that. Like I said, I think Crosby made a mistake, and he just won't own up to it, and the NHL is partly responsible for it.

Celebrate, get in line, get the cup. It ain't that hard.

If I was obsessed, you would see multiple posts by me on this board on this subject, it was going to remain the only one, but you decided to chime in. My congrats was sincere, let me be clear on that.

If you want to debate what happened, lets do that. Like I said, I think Crosby made a mistake, and he just won't own up to it, and the NHL is partly responsible for it.

for an adult.

sorry if i singled you out. by obsession i meant some posters inability to refer to our captain by his name without typing f*&k or D^*k or cindy etc. i meant rather than talk about the games, they prefer to endlessly over and over complain about this kid.

perhaps our city should just start whining that Lidstrom left the ice too fast because he is a sore loser? NOT TRUE I KNOW, but very similar. if crosby shook the hands of half your team with no problem, he did not avoid the other half on purpose. he celebrated for a minute or two longer than you would have liked. nothing more

i hope he matures as a captain too..... but freakin relax a little and give him some time.

The Penguins have won how many Cups now? Oh that's right, this makes 3. The Wings? They've won 11, so I would hold off calling it "City of Champions" until the Penguins can win as many as the Wings have. Then again, I wouldn't count on them ever catching the Wings with winning that many Cups.

The Pens fans that have moved in here seem, in my opinion, to be the ones with an obsession. Or, for whatever reason, a inferiority complex.

Good grief, you won. You deserved it. OK? Please go home.

Please?

Edited by MidMichSteve

The Pens fans that have moved in here seem, in my opinion, to be the ones with an obsession. Or, for whatever reason, a inferiority complex.

Good grief, you won. You deserved it. OK? Please go home.

Please?

steve, been here a while, never trash talk..... just giving my opinion on crosby bashing. nothing more

steve, been here a while, never trash talk..... just giving my opinion on crosby bashing. nothing more

Sorry, you're right. You have been one of the better posters. I just get tired of hearing words like obsession. The Crosby bashing thing is a universal thing. We're not the only ones. I'm cool with that. :)

You posted this while I was writing the other and that takes the edge off.

i hope he matures as a captain too..... but freakin relax a little and give him some time.

Besides it is hard to be angry with Benny Hill. Just look at that face, will ya?

Peace! :punk:

This is ridiculous 16 pages about nothing

21 year old dude f***s up and doesn't realize he better skip the interview and go shake hands, Draper's understandably salty after the game and calls him out on it. Sid (through the team) says opps and Lids says no big deal you'll figure it out as you get older. End of story.

Everyone makes mistakes, the mark of a wise and understanding person is that you do your best to not make them twice.

Guest micah
The Penguins have won how many Cups now? Oh that's right, this makes 3. The Wings? They've won 11, so I would hold off calling it "City of Champions" until the Penguins can win as many as the Wings have. Then again, I wouldn't count on them ever catching the Wings with winning that many Cups.

I'm sure that fans of the Stanly Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins are very sad today that their team didn't win as many championships in the past as the Red Wings.

Are you Sean Avery by any chance? Talk of Cups won in years past reminds me of his sloppy seconds comment. Guess what? Nobody is jealous that you were banging Elisha Cuthbert or cheering on a Cup winning team last year - they're happy that they're doing it today.

I think the whole handshake thing is much ado about nothing, and I thought Lidstrom handled it very well.

Bragging about how many cups you have as an original six team compared to a team that was formed in the late 60s is kind of douchey. If you want to brag about the fact that you have 4 cups in the last 40 years compared to us having 3, that's fine. But the whole "City of Champions" is the Pens/Steelers thing for this year, much like the Pirates and Steelers in 1979. At least that's my take on it.

I'm sure that fans of the Stanly Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins are very sad today that their team didn't win as many championships in the past as the Red Wings.

Are you Sean Avery by any chance? Talk of Cups won in years past reminds me of his sloppy seconds comment. Guess what? Nobody is jealous that you were banging Elisha Cuthbert or cheering on a Cup winning team last year - they're happy that they're doing it today.

Unless that was directed at you, f*** off. That was a reply to a Penguins fan, not you. You don't like my post, then don't read it.

I'd be ticked too. He acted like a self-centered little kid at a birthday party where all he could think (or possibly care about) was opening his presents and everything else came second. I don't know where the hell Babcock saw some "great leadership" or whatever his exact quote was, in Crosby.

Bragging about how many cups you have as an original six team compared to a team that was formed in the late 60s is kind of douchey. If you want to brag about the fact that you have 4 cups in the last 40 years compared to us having 3, that's fine. But the whole "City of Champions" is the Pens/Steelers thing for this year, much like the Pirates and Steelers in 1979. At least that's my take on it.

Yeah, that's about it right there. 7 of the Wings cups were won over 50 years ago, when only six teams were in the league. That argument doesn't hold a lot of weight.

As far as the Crosby issue goes, nobody on either side of the Pens/Wings fence will ever see eye-to-eye on it. However, the crying that Draper and Zetterberg have been doing about the Crosby-handshake matter isn't going unnoticed in the national media. Today, the LA Times comments on it:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo.../06/crosby.html

Edited by Mister Puck

I'd be ticked too. He acted like a self-centered little kid at a birthday party where all he could think (or possibly care about) was opening his presents and everything else came second. I don't know where the hell Babcock saw some "great leadership" or whatever his exact quote was, in Crosby.

Come on man.

It's game 7 of a championship. You just lost. Of course you are going to feel extra angry or sad. On the flip side, the team that won is going to be the exact opposite, on the biggest emotional high and celebrating and living in the moment with teammates/coaches first.

The only reason this is getting this much pub is because it is Crosby, and Wings fans are bitter. This is just like when Lebron James didn't shake hands with Magic players due to large frustration of being eliminated. Only reason that got pub was because it was Lebron. Any other Cavs player, little/nothing would be made about it.

When you are emotional you're going to forget some basic or simple stuff, I don't care if you are Crosby or Charlie Brown or Darth Vader.

It's a handshake. A fricken handshake. The next thing we're going to see for list of reasons to hate Crosby or Pittsburgh is that it rained last Sunday.

This should barely even be a story.

Being angry isn't programmed into Lidstroms sub-routines. The only thing he knows is "Great Hockey" and "Death Glare"

well then we should all follow suit and drop this silly thread.

Wtf are you talking about? Do you even look at what you type?

Read this again, cause you typed it.

"No Team has ever won a Stanley Cup Championship and a Super Bowl Championship in until this season."

And no team ever will, dumb ass. They're two entirely different teams.

Now, assuming you actually meant "No City has done it before," well, if only taking into account Hockey and Football, thats true.

However, the Boston Red Sox and the New England Patriots have won it in the same year, and Baseball has a much smaller playoff pool than Hockey, making it in some ways even more difficult.

I meant no city has ever won a Stanley Cup Championship and a Super Bowl Championship in the same year. Pittsburgh is the first city to ever accomplish this. Yes the Pats and Sox did win in the same year but it's much easier to win in baseball then it is in hockey or football because there is no salary cap. And as we all know the Red Sox have the 2nd or 3rd highest payroll next to the Yankees. So when your payroll is 120 million like the Red Sox was you should be able to win World Series because other teams in baseball cant match that. Where as in hockey and football there is a cap and more parody and things are more evenly matched and it's harder to win.