• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Draper ticked that Crosby snubbed Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Would everyone please lay off of Crosby!

Little, whiney, crybaby, cabana boy, league owned, spoiled, cream puff of a Gary's kid, has feelings too!

Doesn't surprise me all that much I guess. It's always about Sid, Sid all the time, 24/7. Sid ain't got no time for the likes of Nick.

For some reason I doubt he did it on purpose. I'm not going to defend him either, but the seems to be a rather useless thing to do in my opinion. Who knows, I couldn't even watch the hand shakes so I have no idea what actually happened though.

Guest Sid the Kid

Like it or not, Sidney Crosby is the face of the NHL in the same manner Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL ..... That's just marketing folks ... it is what it is.

Nobody is asking for your approval. I'm sure if the NHL elected to make on of the Wings players the face of the league you all would have no problem with it.

Like it or not, Sidney Crosby is the face of the NHL in the same manner Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL ..... That's just marketing folks ... it is what it is.

Nobody is asking for your approval. I'm sure if the NHL elected to make on of the Wings players the face of the league you all would have no problem with it.

Sorry but you're wrong. Do you realize how many ppl HATE Sidney Crosby--not just Wing's fans???? You don't have a clue. The NHL doesn't have a clue. Ovechkin is the face of the NHL not that idiot that Canada's spawned.

Uhh, that's a terrible example. First of all, the NFL markets many MANY people, not just one. Which is a major reason why it's so successful. Second, Peyton is actually mature and well respected around the league, unlike Mr. Crosby who was voted whiniest player by the other NHL players...

My god...all this whining...I bet these are the same people who go on other forums to drag out quotes of fans of other teams complaining.

Draper is just pissed off cos hes a one-dimensional player who's career is near its end.

So you want to start with Ifs?

If you weren't a Pens fan you would think he's a whiny ***** like everyone else does.

You must not get out much.

And you're right. Lidstrom would be a much better face for the league. At least everyone wouldn't be snearing at him.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Guest Sid the Kid
Sorry but you're wrong. Do you realize how many ppl HATE Sidney Crosby--not just Wing's fans???? You don't have a clue. The NHL doesn't have a clue. Ovechkin is the face of the NHL not that idiot that Canada's spawned.

For every adult hockey fan that you claim "hates" Sid .... there are 5 kids wearing his jersey. In fact, Sid's jersey has led the NHL jersey sales for the past 2 years now (and that was pre-Stanley Cup!)

See .... when you're on top of the mountain .... many people want nothing more than to bring you down.

For every adult hockey fan that you claim "hates" Sid .... there are 5 kids wearing his jersey. In fact, Sid's jersey has led the NHL jersey sales for the past 2 years now (and that was pre-Stanley Cup!)

See .... when you're on top of the mountain .... many people want nothing more than to bring you down.

That's the problem..they are kids. Kids don't know better, lol.

If they saw a constant stream of Pronger commercials too, they would all be Pronger fans...

Guest Shoreline
Uhh, that's a terrible example. First of all, the NFL markets many MANY people, not just one. Which is a major reason why it's so successful. Second, Peyton is actually mature and well respected around the league, unlike Mr. Crosby who was voted whiniest player by the other NHL players...

This argument about the NHL not marketing anyone else besides Crosby has already been defeated before..

Why does the NHL think that people outside of Pittsburgh need to see Crosby so much anyway? The league has a ton of tremendous young superstars and they need to spread the marketing around to make it look like it is a league full of elite hockey players playing at the highest level. Instead, they are trying to shove Crosby this and Crosby that down everyones throats and I'm pretty sure most people are getting sick of seeing his face everywhere. What good is to try to make the "casual" fan only see Crosby? Especially when Crosby's own team even has a better player than him! They need to broaden their marketing to showcase how great the entire league is...not just Cindy Crosby.

Thornton, Naslund, Kovalchuk, Turco, Ovechkin, Sundin, Theodore, Lecavalier, Richards, Sedin twins, Ray, Havlat, Phaneuf, and on and on. Just off the top of my head regarding promos and commercials.

People with a Crosby obsession remind me of the Flamingos song "I Only Have Eyes for You". You give more attention to Crosby than the NHL even does.

It's just obvious as day most Wings fans do not like Crosby therefore do not like seeing him on TV. I can understand how it gets annoying seeing the same face but despite one's claims about how many people hate Crosby, he's a top seller of jerseys, he helps market other brands, and people buy into Crosby being the face of the NHL. If he were such a bad face for it, they wouldn't be doing it. And trust me, if Crosby were to happen to have a picture surface of him with his face in a bong like Phelps his endorsements from every angle would disappear. You guys are making this marketing angle way too personal.

This argument about the NHL not marketing anyone else besides Crosby has already been defeated before..

It's just obvious as day most Wings fans do not like Crosby therefore do not like seeing him on TV. I can understand how it gets annoying seeing the same face but despite one's claims about how many people hate Crosby, he's a top seller of jerseys, he helps market other brands, and people buy into Crosby being the face of the NHL. If he were such a bad face for it, they wouldn't be doing it. And trust me, if Crosby were to happen to have a picture surface of him with his face in a bong like Phelps his endorsements from every angle would disappear. You guys are making this marketing angle way too personal.

Season is over. What do you expect, Baseball? :scared:

I agree with the rest. Sid is NOT the face of the NHL and your comparison with Peyton Manning is absolutely wrong!!! Problem is that the league went about it backwards and has alienated its fans. Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL because he is mature, has class, and speaks with his actions not his mouth. Noone had the audacity to make an outlandish claim like Peyton is the next Joe Montana prior to his entry into the league. Probably because we've seen too many Andre Wares and know that you establish your legacy on the field. The NHL decided that Sid was the next Wayne Gretzky before he even skated in an NHL rink. I haven't seen him score 50 in 35 or more than 90 in a season so I'm not buying. As for his great "Leadership Abilities" I'm not buying that load either. You didn't see Stevie Y or Nicky waving his stick around TRYING to hurt someone or cross checking them in the back of the helmet. And if either one did, you could be DAMN SURE that they wouldn't get away with it. Wow...what a role model. I won't even address what a LEADER would do with regard to the hand shake.

Truth is that Sid has garnered a reputation for being a whiner and a player that has been protected and undeservedly promoted by the league. Maybe they've forgotten that hockey is the ultimate TEAM sport. Again, pick one face and you alienate every fan that doesn't agree with that face. If you don't believe that you're completely deluded.

Finally, I'd really love to hear where you got your jersey stat. I'm sure that is a load of BS. I'd argue that you'd be hard pressed to find a Pens jersey in every arena in the nation. I would be willing to bet that the same isn't true of wings jerseys. I should know, I've seen them in great numbers in EVERY venue that I've had the benefit of watching a game in.

That's the problem..they are kids. Kids don't know better, lol.

Oh god, that reminds of that one Sid commercial I hate heads and shoulders above all others. You know that EDGE jersey ad where it's implied that Crosby grew up as a diehard Penguins fan even though he's on record saying his favourite team as a kid was the Habs and his fav player was Steve Y? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, it just makes me rage so hard that he's essentially authorized his childhood to be flushed down the toilet like that.

I was not happy about that at all and I was also not happy that Crosby also snubbed Babcock in the line as well. As Detroit Coach Mike Babcock was congratulating Sidney Crosby and telling him that he showed great leadership; Crosby turns his back and skates away before Babsy get's to even finish his COMPLIMENT to Crosby. I'm sorry but now I want Crosby's head on a platter. Complete disrespect for a person in his role or by anyone for that matter. It makes me sick.

Pittsburgh on top of the mountain? Yep, jus like the Lightning and Hurricanes were too. I am glad you won, at least now the commercials will actually hold some water. At least they can show then winning instead of just scoring a goal in a losing effort. You have your Cup, enjoy it. Time will tell if you'll be able to defend it. I hope you son't fall off the bandwagon when you don't repeat. If anything, Detroit and New Jersey have been to ONLY teams in the NHL that show they consitantly EVERY season seriously compete for a Cup. I will give you this one, you deserved it. But in five years we'll see who has more Cups. When Malkin's salary kicks in, you are going to lose players. You are going to lose the likes of Satan, Fedetanko, Guerin, Scuderi (who should've have gotten the MVP, he saved the Pens ass in game 6 and 7.) Hopefully your farm system is as good as ours because you are going to need it with the HUGE salaries on your team. Enjoy this Cup, this may just be your last. Knowing who the most consistant and dominating team has been since 1995, I know we will be back a couple of times in five years, where will you be? Just remember who won you this Cup. Kennedy, Scuderi, Talbot, Stahl. What are you going to do when their contracts are up? Where's Shero gonna find the dough? At least you've had one win, but when you can become as consistant as Detroit has been, then you can spew your junk.

Now, go enjoy your Cup, leave our forum. It is time for us Wings fans to talk about the off season, the changes coming, and the more than likely 3rd appearance in a row in the Cup finals. Hope you are there with us, so we can get our revenge, but something tells me 1st round, out....

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Shoreline
Oh god, that reminds of that one Sid commercial I hate heads and shoulders above all others. You know that EDGE jersey ad where it's implied that Crosby grew up as a diehard Penguins fan even though he's on record saying his favourite team as a kid was the Habs and his fav player was Steve Y? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, it just makes me rage so hard that he's essentially authorized his childhood to be flushed down the toilet like that.

That's the essence of not only marketing, but in Crosby's case, he's a brand. His actual childhood doesn't matter, because he's portraying an image these companies want. That's what they're paying him the big bucks for, and he's more than willing to go along with it. Therefore, it's the childhood the companies decide he has.

For people confused as to what I'm talking about, try Naomi Klein's No Logo, which is one of many books that go into how marketing and brands work. (although that goes into politics too :P)

Edited by Shoreline