• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#221 scottyniedermayer

scottyniedermayer

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 14, 2009 - 10:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One frame shows that Crosby was draped around Franzen. The replays confirm that.

How can you deliver a blatant knee on knee when you can't even tell where his knee is? Are you aware of how knee on knee hits occur?

Defenseless? How? Crosby knew he was coming and could have stopped or went on the short side. He tried to sneak by and paid the price for it.

Franzen knocking over a ref isn't a history of being dirty. In all of his years in the NHL he hasn't done ANYTHING dirty. He has no relevant history.

The only jackass here is you.

crosby was going after the puck. franzen saw sid coming up the boards and saw his chance to hit a smaller player. it was KNEE ON KNEE. sid never saw franzen and certainly didn't expect a vicious hit to his knee. look at the first smaller frame you posted. you can't tell from the larger pic but can from the smaller pic that franzen hit Sid's knee with his knee. if he wanted to go after the pens star players, why didn't he go after malkin? because malkin would have kicked his rear.

#222 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (scottyniedermayer @ June 14, 2009 - 10:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
crosby was going after the puck. franzen saw sid coming up the boards and saw his chance to hit a smaller player. it was KNEE ON KNEE. sid never saw franzen and certainly didn't expect a vicious hit to his knee. look at the first smaller frame you posted. you can't tell from the larger pic but can from the smaller pic that franzen hit Sid's knee with his knee. if he wanted to go after the pens star players, why didn't he go after malkin? because malkin would have kicked his rear.

It is official. You are a troll.

#223 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

hysterical.gif

Franzen would of just yanked his mouth piece out....

#224 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

Making the same incorrect argument over and over again does not make you right. It is a hip check, not a knee-on-knee collision. Obviously you don't watch hockey. I would think that you know all about dirty hits and would be able to judge the difference since you have the dirtiest player in the NHL on your team as well as the second biggest whiner.

Sig by TeeMan

#225 teckaholic

teckaholic

TecKaHolic

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

The only thing I don't like about Franzen is that he runs over goalies and hardly gets called for it.
Best Current Rivalry in Hockey: Ducks vs. Red Wings!

#226 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (teckaholic @ June 14, 2009 - 10:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I don't like about Franzen is that he runs over goalies and hardly gets called for it.

You mean the one time?

#227 DZ13

DZ13

All You Need Is Glove

• 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Back to the original post.. the thing that really bugged me about Crosby and the handshake line was:

And I don't know if anyone has a video they could upload to show it, but did anyone else see when Crosby and Babcock met in line? The camera was pretty close because you could cleary hear Babs say "Congratulations, that was great leadership by you." and was looking Crosby right in the face. I kid you not, Sid didn't even look at him, and just kept skating. My father and I both kind of looked at eachother, already disappointed in the loss, and were just kind of disgusted.

I'm truley not looking for another reason to dislike Crosby, but he may claim he didnt purposly snub Nick, but I would like to hear his explanation for that one.

Again, if anyone has the video that would be great.

11-Time Stanley Cup Champions

#228 Zack is Great

Zack is Great

Bigger Goal Bob, Mike owes me money.

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (DZ13 @ June 14, 2009 - 09:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back to the original post.. the thing that really bugged me about Crosby and the handshake line was:

And I don't know if anyone has a video they could upload to show it, but did anyone else see when Crosby and Babcock met in line? The camera was pretty close because you could cleary hear Babs say "Congratulations, that was great leadership by you." and was looking Crosby right in the face. I kid you not, Sid didn't even look at him, and just kept skating. My father and I both kind of looked at eachother, already disappointed in the loss, and were just kind of disgusted.

I'm truley not looking for another reason to dislike Crosby, but he may claim he didnt purposly snub Nick, but I would like to hear his explanation for that one.

Again, if anyone has the video that would be great.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was sorta suprised how sarcastic Babcock sounded to Crosby. <3 the Wings coach

#229 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (Mike @ June 14, 2009 - 07:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the end of the playoffs meant the end of all these trolls. Wow, was I wrong.

Same here. I was wondering if we did the same thing to them last year and they are just returning the favor.

I went to: http://www.letsgopen...v...&start=6150

I found two posts from the same Wings fan. that's it.
(wings fan here) WOW, i gotta say..pit fans/team REALLY
by XxGoWingsxX on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 am

Impressed me...your fans at the game, stayed after watched the wings on your own ice, and didn't really give the dis-respect i expected...except booing bettman lol which i would have done myself...and chelios...i HATE chelios, yes hes a wing but look on youtube for chelios hates detroit...hated him since then.

Anyways, i've only posted here a few days and you pens fans have been rather cordial to a wing lover like me, i must say i'm impressed with your class and composure. Now on to the penguins...now that the series is over...i can say this guilt free...sidney crosby is one HELL of a guy and a captain. He went and consoled his teammates after the loss, and had words of encouragement during the handshake....VERY very good young guy there.

I'm actually very sad for you guys that your team may very well be a much different group of guys next year...or am i mistaken about the number of UFA's? Not to mention the salary raises for star players, and keeping hossa? Marc-andre Fleury never seized to amaze me this series and while i hated to see the winning goal for us go in off his ass, as a wing fan we'll take it. Hossa scared me at the end there...i almost saw game 5 deja-vu....although by the time it got in front of the net, time was out.

Anyways...great series, pens fought hard, and i have 100 times the respect that i did before the series. Enjoy the summer ladies n gents...i'll do the same.
XxGoWingsxX

Concerned wings fan here (no worries, i'm a classy guy)
by XxGoWingsxX on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 am

First off, i have to tip my hat to the likes of Marc-Andre-Fleury, hossa and gang. I think thats one of the best finals games i've seen since like early 90's, and it wasn't that the team who played better won, because both teams played AMAZING hockey and MAF never seized to amaze me. No what i think it came down to was who had that one good bounce go their way and it just wasn't detroit last night

The puck hit the ref (we dont like ohalloran too much here in det, if you look he's reffed all our losses in the playoffs this year, and some cry conspiracy because he hates detroit because he was shot there some 20 years ago, and even tho he lives in metro detroit i think its just...he's bad luck for us lol) anyways the puck hit him, took a bounce back out to the point and sykora just put it home, end of story.

Thats the hockey I wanted to see all along, win or lose. But the real reason I'm posting this is...i'm a bit concerned about the youngster Ryan Malone, anyone know if the poor guy is ok? wasn't his nose ALREADY broken? And, if i'm not mistaken gonchar was back toward the end of 3rd ot right? Is he ok too? I mean i want my wings to win, but i don't wish that kind of pain on anybody.

Before this series, i didn't have much respect for the pens, but they've made a believer out of me. I still don't care for Sidney much, but man watch out once that kid develops in the next few years holy crap lol..how can you NOT have respect for that? Anyways guys good luck in game 6, hope Malone and Gonchar are ok because if the wings end up wining I want it to be against a healthy team. Oh yeah one more thing, whats up with malkin? Is he really just exhausted? Or harboring a secret injury?
XxGoWingsxX

There was not one congratulatory post from a Pens fan. There was one named "To Pens Fans" at LGW as soon as game 7 ended. Link It had nothing but praise.

Edited for link.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 15 June 2009 - 08:43 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#230 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

I guess the truth is whatever you want to believe in this situation because both sides are only going to say whatever makes them look as best as they can.

#231 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (motorcitykid @ June 13, 2009 - 06:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Babs.

QUOTE (motorcitykid @ June 13, 2009 - 06:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sid the "kid" is not a leader...

You "love" Babs, yet you apparently think he is either unable to identify great leadership or you think he's a liar. Interesting.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#232 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (scottyniedermayer @ June 14, 2009 - 09:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if he wanted to go after the pens star players, why didn't he go after malkin? because malkin would have kicked his rear.

You must not watch many Wings games. There is not a player in the league that is incapable of kicking Franzen's ass. He is the softest coward in the league. Give Crosby some credit, at least he'll try to fight, even if he sucks at it. Franzen just grabs his face and dives to the ice. You're right that Malkin could have beat him down, but so could Crosby or Martin St Louis.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#233 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

From Toronto Star.
Crosby took it home with him early Saturday morning – to Lemieux's house – by strapping it into the passenger's seat of his car with the safety belt.

Is Crosby still living in the basement?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#234 Mtl-PenFan

Mtl-PenFan

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (cusimano_brothers @ June 15, 2009 - 10:23AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From Toronto Star.

Millionaires like team owners usually have "Guest houses" that are bigger than anything people like you and me will ever live in.

http://www.letsgowin...?act=boardrules

Signatures are limited to ONE jpg/gif image no larger than 400x100 pixels. Images that are larger than this will be removed by the moderating staff without warning.

#235 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (cusimano_brothers @ June 15, 2009 - 10:23AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From Toronto Star.

He doesn't live in the basement. He lives in something comparable to a poolhouse. It's a house of one of the greatest players to ever play the game, of course he's going to have many little houses next to the big one.

#236 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ June 15, 2009 - 10:39AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't live in the basement. He lives in something comparable to a poolhouse. It's a house of one of the greatest players to ever play the game, of course he's going to have many little houses next to the big one.

Ah, a tax deduction for Mr. Lemieux.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#237 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (cusimano_brothers @ June 15, 2009 - 10:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, a tax deduction for Mr. Lemieux.

Haha... Claiming Sid as a dependent. That's funny. He really is Sid the Kid.

#238 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (teckaholic @ June 14, 2009 - 09:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually because Pronger cross checks people into them
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#239 CROZ87

CROZ87

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

I know I'm not going to change anyone's opinoin on Sid, whether good or bad, but I get the good fortune to watch him every single game. And I get the good fortune of seeing his charity work around the city of Pgh, the endless hours of interviews, and promotions, etc, etc. He is a great player and a great leader IMO. He is also a great member of the Pgh community.

People who don't get to see him all the time seem to focus just on his negatives. And it paints a very bad picture. Does he dive and look at the refs? yes. But he has cut it to a level that I think isn't worth talking about anymore. His rookie year tarnished him, but I think he has grown up a ton, and he still has a ton to do. But for his age, and the pressure put on him to not only lead the Pens, but to be a face of the NHL, I think very few people his age could do what he has done.

I also saw a picture of the whole Babcock thing. He talked to him before, and Babcock threw in the leadership thing as they were parting, but that is the only thing the camera caught. It wasn't as bad as it looked.

As for missing half the Red Wings, you get caught up in the moment. He didn't do it intentionally.

Like I said, I'm not going to change anyone's opinions, but as a Pens fan, and someone who gets to watch him all the time, and see what he does around the community, he is a great young man, and a great role model.

#240 Mtl-PenFan

Mtl-PenFan

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

All I know is that Draper should have used the memories of 4 Cup wins to stick around on the ice for another 30 seconds instead of being a, yeah you guessed it, a whiner.

Remember, you can't spell Kris Draper without "Kid Raper"
http://www.letsgowin...?act=boardrules

Signatures are limited to ONE jpg/gif image no larger than 400x100 pixels. Images that are larger than this will be removed by the moderating staff without warning.