• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Draper ticked that Crosby snubbed Lidstrom

Rate this topic

I just ordered my Malkin jersey and my wife and son ordered Crosby jerseys . again thanks for a great series

Atleast you have better taste!!! Seriously congrats. It hurts so much because how great the series was this year!

Dr Rosenrosen basically just proved everyone wrong here. Why couldn't Lidstrom wait for Crosby? Or be a very gracious loser and even approach him to congratulate him? I'm not calling Lidstrom a bad guy or anything. In fact everything I've ever heard about him indicates that he's a great guy and a great captain. But the same questions you're raising about Crosby not going over to him could be asked of Lidstrom. And if you listened to Crosby's post game he talked about his injury and the pain killers he took so he could try to play. So let's see, a 21 year-old kid who is feeling good from pain killers just wins the trophy he's worked his whole lilfe to get and is now being mobbed by the media...I can't find one reason there why he wouldn't be speed skating over to Nick to shake his hand...it's not a lack of respect it was a matter of circumstances!!

And as for Sid being the face of the NHL, you're touching yourself if you think he's not. Babcock himself said so when he was talking about all the commercials Crosby is in. It's not his fault that the NHL chose him to rally their marketing around. Same with the Gretzky comparisons. Crosby never begged scouts and analysts to say that about him. He earned those comparisons cause he's awesome. And he must be having an effect because if you looked at the ratings for these playoffs, they were the highest in about 7 or 8 years.

Oh, and Max Talbot had more points than every Wing except for Zetterberg who tied him. And Hossa only had 15 points for the entire playoffs opposed to 26 last year when he played along side...wait for it...Sidney Crosby! So tell me about how great the Wings did at keeping our guys off the scoresheet.

Your just as bad as the Wings fans reading into it. I am sure Lids slept well last night, okay maybe not but not because of Sid. I am sure that Sid lost his virginty last night and may finally be going to sleep. Maybe not. Bottom line they are over it, I am sure.

For some reason I doubt he did it on purpose. I'm not going to defend him either, but the seems to be a rather useless thing to do in my opinion. Who knows, I couldn't even watch the hand shakes so I have no idea what actually happened though.

I'm sure he didn't do this on purpose, but it shows how immature he is. If you are the "face of the NHL" you should understand and respect traditions. In addition, I think it shows how this guy can only focus on himself and winning and anything else or anybody else's accomplishments are next to nothing in his mind. Could he even congratulate the effort of Hank last year? How about just acknowledge it. I don't know why this is so hard for you all to get, haven't you ever dealt with a spoiled brat before? It is that simple.

Or ask this. Did Wayne, Mario, Stevie or Messier ever do this? Get real.

P.S. Good for Draper calling this out and dropping all the BS.

Edited by Stiffy

Or ask this. Did Wayne, Mario, Stevie or Messier ever do this? Get real.

P.S. Good for Draper calling this out and dropping all the BS.

I think this sums up my feelings pretty well. There is no excuse for him not shaking Lidstrom's hand, and it was on Crosby's shoulders to make it happen, as a gracious winner and captain. He didn't, instead deciding the media was more important (because lord knows they wouldn't have been there 30 seconds following the handshake). Either way, though, this is a blip on the radar. He's a spoiled baby, and I don't think anyone outside of Pittsburgh or a Pens jersey would argue otherwise. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, and I doubt Nick did either. If anything this just fuels the fire to shut him down in the playoffs next year for a third season running.

Congrats to Pittsburgh, congrats to Malkin. Hell, I'll even congratulate MAF and Talbot on one hell of a series. Crosby, though...

Drapes, you're crazy :lol: I love it just because he said "make sure you write that I said that." Sounds like Draper is just sticking up for his long-time teammate and friend because he knows Lidstrom himself would never ask for the respect he deserves. I think the anti-anti-Crosby group is taking this way more seriously than the anti-Crosby group. Maybe not the worst thing he's done or will do, but he's under a spotlight, so "like it or lump it" ;) he should be aware that his actions will be analyzed, if not over-analyzed.

Honestly, I know that there are a few people whining about every little thing Sid does, but one can hardly mention Crosby anymore without having their intelligence questioned. No need to paint everyone with that "Crosby Basher" brush.

Like it or not, Sidney Crosby is the face of the NHL in the same manner Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL ..... That's just marketing folks ... it is what it is.

Nobody is asking for your approval. I'm sure if the NHL elected to make on of the Wings players the face of the league you all would have no problem with it.

That's exactly the point. The so-called "face of the NHL" has awful sportsmanship and he shows it just about every game he plays. He is TERRIBLE for this sport.

That's exactly the point. The so-called "face of the NHL" has awful sportsmanship and he shows it just about every game he plays. He is TERRIBLE for this sport.

detroit fans see it as Crosby didnt shake hands.

pittsburgh fans see it as he didnt wait long enough.

WHO REALLY CARES GET OVER IT.

Forget about Crosby not shaking hands with Lids, how the hell do you explain Crosby snubbing Babcock. Crosby just turned his back on him before Babsy was even don payin him a COMPLIMENT. That really shows Maturity on his part. Crosby shouldn't have been doing any friggin interveiws until at least that formality was over.

Guest Shoreline
Drapes, you're crazy :lol: I love it just because he said "make sure you write that I said that." Sounds like Draper is just sticking up for his long-time teammate and friend because he knows Lidstrom himself would never ask for the respect he deserves. I think the anti-anti-Crosby group is taking this way more seriously than the anti-Crosby group. Maybe not the worst thing he's done or will do, but he's under a spotlight, so "like it or lump it" ;) he should be aware that his actions will be analyzed, if not over-analyzed.

Honestly, I know that there are a few people whining about every little thing Sid does, but one can hardly mention Crosby anymore without having their intelligence questioned. No need to paint everyone with that "Crosby Basher" brush.

Isn't the complaint that Crosby gets so much attention from the media and league? Strange that these anti-Crosby people give him even MORE attention than that. It would be justified if every move he made were utterly stupid, but complaining about him coming late to the handshake? Like half the Penguins players were late to the handshake. The problem is these folks aren't simply analyzing the situation, but calling him a classless, unsportsmanlike bastard who doesn't deserve to have the cup. That sort of vitriol is substantially different than a simple analysis. As mentioned people are just way too anal regarding Crosby and take everything that happens to him personally for some unsubstantiated reason.

Edited by Shoreline

Truth is that Sid has garnered a reputation for being a whiner and a player that has been protected and undeservedly promoted by the league. Maybe they've forgotten that hockey is the ultimate TEAM sport. Again, pick one face and you alienate every fan that doesn't agree with that face. If you don't believe that you're completely deluded.

AMEN! :thumbup:

I was not happy about that at all and I was also not happy that Crosby also snubbed Babcock in the line as well. As Detroit Coach Mike Babcock was congratulating Sidney Crosby and telling him that he showed great leadership; Crosby turns his back and skates away before Babsy get's to even finish his COMPLIMENT to Crosby. I'm sorry but now I want Crosby's head on a platter. Complete disrespect for a person in his role or by anyone for that matter. It makes me sick.

Two people I can't wait to see vs. the Wings next year: Crosby and Patrick Sharp.I hope Nick Jr. or Mule decapitate both in '09-'10.

Guest CaliWingsNut

“Nobody respects the traditions of hockey more than Sidney Crosby,â€

crosy-letang-valabik.jpg

Yes we are exposed to his incessant whining for who knows how long. Thanks NHL you've screwed up once again.

The funny thing? The whining seems to come from fans like you, whining about Sid. 1960? That'd make you almost 50 (if 1960 is your birthtear) yo sure don't act 50.

The funny thing? The whining seems to come from fans like you, whining about Sid. 1960? That'd make you almost 50 (if 1960 is your birthtear) yo sure don't act 50.

That's what this forum is for. That's what fans do, they talk about their team and their players and they also discuss other teams and those team's players in both a positive or negative fashion. Cindy Crosby is a professional hockey player and he is paid to play hockey and lead his team. He's not paid to cry to the refs or cry to the media. There is a difference. Can you see it?

That's what this forum is for. That's what fans do, they talk about their team and their players and they also discuss other teams and those team's players in both a positive or negative fashion. Cindy Crosby is a professional hockey player and he is paid to play hockey and lead his team. He's not paid to cry to the refs or cry to the media. There is a difference. Can you see it?

And this forum is also for dissenting opinions, different views and the like. I'm here to tell you that you opinion of Crosby might be trumped up with a hint of jealousy and some conjecture. He isn't as whiney as you want to make him out t be. It is convenient to keep that image bacause it comforts you. Will he grow and mature in the coming years? Sure.

crosbys a ***** who got f***ed up by franzen

looks like you got f***ed up by having a brother and a sister for parents.

If you knew the sport and the series and didn't just join today you know that "zetterberg" would have been a better choice ofr you asinine comment.

looks like you got f***ed up by having a brother and a sister for parents.

If you knew the sport and the series and didn't just join today you know that "zetterberg" would have been a better choice ofr you asinine comment.

Err.. No, Franzen was the one who f***ed Crosby up. Didn't you watch the second period?

Detroit Fans,

Don't be fooled by a poster like "Sid the Kid". He's comes from Pittsburgh, the armpit of the universe.

Cindy Crosby is universally hated by fans in the Eastern Conference and especially in the Atlantic Division. He's Bettmans buttboy and all the bad thngs said about him are absolutely true. We know. We have to watch this gutless little puke 4 games a year.

WingsfansinPensCo -

"He's a diving, whining, cheapshotting *****. Those aren't qualities that attracted me to the NHL, and probably not many others. So expect people to hate Crosby's being the face of the league. "

Here's my game plan for next season. I'm going to sell my seats in the Garden for every Ranges's home game with the Pens. I want to make as much money off Crosby's back as possible. Some sucker Pens fan or tourist can overpay for them.

Even though the Rangers lost to them in seven, I respect Ovechkin and the Caps. The Rangers had no business almost beating them. At least AO's not a phony. He plays hard and dishes and takes hits like a man. He's not a whining diver like Cindy.

Hey "Sid the Kid", your little pet Cindy will be booed every time he touches the puck in The Garden, Nassau, New Jersey, Philly and Washington, the same way the "fans" in Pittsbrgh booed Jagr. Jagr won two Cups for you a$$holes and all you could do is boo him every time he came in to your buliding.

Cindy is a marked boy. He has a target on his back. Let him enjoy his one Cup. It's the last one the Poster Boy will ever see.

Edited by mhurley

And this forum is also for dissenting opinions, different views and the like. I'm here to tell you that you opinion of Crosby might be trumped up with a hint of jealousy and some conjecture. He isn't as whiney as you want to make him out t be. It is convenient to keep that image bacause it comforts you. Will he grow and mature in the coming years? Sure.

Well I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Because personally I'm jealous of the Caps fans who have the best player in the league Alex Ovechkin. I'd love to have a player like that on our team. He's an amazing player and the D.C. area is lucky to have him.