• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#161 scottyniedermayer

scottyniedermayer

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (87to71 @ June 14, 2009 - 05:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously Pens fans will put Hossa on the list but doing so ignores how badly Datsyuk played this entire post season. Sure he could be given a pass in The Final cause he was playing with a broken foot. However, before that he was nothing more than a defensive forward. That's not good enough for a Hart Trophy finalist.

shhh...don't tell the wings fans. maybe if datsyuk did what he was supposed in the conference semifinals against anaheim, detroit would have won in 5 or 6 games and wouldn't be so banged up. datsyuk played poorly all playoffs, before and after the broken foot.

the truth of the matter is the wings were shell shocked in game 7. they thought their home ice advantage would carry them through but it didn't. they assumed they would win because they are the wings and no one can beat them. instead, they faced a hungrier pens teams that put them on their tails. next thing you know they start taking cheap shots like what franzen did to crosby.

#162 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (scottyniedermayer @ June 14, 2009 - 06:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
next thing you know they start taking cheap shots like what franzen did to crosby.

You are right. Franzen should not have taken the body on that play. He should have given him a 360 elbow to the face instead.

Remind me how Franzen's hit was a cheapshot again? I think I asked you before.

#163 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

I thought the end of the playoffs meant the end of all these trolls. Wow, was I wrong.

Sig by TeeMan

#164 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Mike @ June 14, 2009 - 07:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the end of the playoffs meant the end of all these trolls. Wow, was I wrong.

Oh no, it's only going to get worse. You can just tell by the screen names.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#165 Mike

Mike

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

Sig by TeeMan

#166 scottyniedermayer

scottyniedermayer

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 14, 2009 - 06:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are right. Franzen should not have taken the body on that play. He should have given him a 360 elbow to the face instead.

Remind me how Franzen's hit was a cheapshot again? I think I asked you before.

he looked at him when crosby was a step ahead of him and was going for the puck. franzen put his knee into crosby's knee as he pinned him to the boards and THEN puts his arm out to prevent crosby from making forward progress. franzen also had the intent to obstruct crosby. this is the kind of stuff i would expect out of a cheap shotter like kronwall who leavers his skates whenever he hits (but the league never favors the wings, right?).

#167 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

But he only waited seventeen seconds!

Seriously though, how long is he supposed to wait for Crosby to realize he needs to shake the team's hands?

#168 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

no biggie. he was probably too happy or excited

however, i think Crosby just showed his age (again) and that maybe he isn't ready to be a captain. i don't care how young or happy you are, as captain you shake hands of the opposition.

#169 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (scottyniedermayer @ June 14, 2009 - 07:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he looked at him when crosby was a step ahead of him and was going for the puck. franzen put his knee into crosby's knee as he pinned him to the boards and THEN puts his arm out to prevent crosby from making forward progress. franzen also had the intent to obstruct crosby. this is the kind of stuff i would expect out of a cheap shotter like kronwall who leavers his skates whenever he hits (but the league never favors the wings, right?).

Your interpretation is pathetic.

So an attempt to play the body to get the puck is now a cheapshot? Seriously, go back to a Ducks board because you are making an absolute fool of yourself right now.

#170 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (scottyniedermayer @ June 14, 2009 - 06:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would a Ducks fan come here to talk about the SCF? Somebody refresh my memory...who ended the Ducks season this year?

#171 Mike

Mike

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (scottyniedermayer @ June 14, 2009 - 07:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A Ducks fan really wants to come into here and talk about what is cheap? You're pathetic.

Edited by Mike, 14 June 2009 - 06:35 PM.

Sig by TeeMan

#172 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Mike @ June 14, 2009 - 07:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A Ducks fan really wants to come into here and talk about what is cheap? You're pathetic.

No s***, Pronger plays for the Ducks. That automatically disqualifies them from any and all "class" discussions.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#173 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ June 14, 2009 - 07:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No s***, Pronger plays for the Ducks. That automatically disqualifies them from any and all "class" discussions.

Not anymore.

#174 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

From my understanding, Crosby was doing an interview at the time and skated over to the handshake line when he was finished. I may be wrong, though.
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#175 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 14, 2009 - 07:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not anymore.

I thought it was just a rumor that he went to LA?

#176 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Ms_Hockey @ June 14, 2009 - 07:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From my understanding, Crosby was doing an interview at the time and skated over to the handshake line when he was finished. I may be wrong, though.

You are correct.

Does that make it right? Should the captain focus his attention to the media before he shakes the hands of the other team? Did Lidstrom do that to him last year?

#177 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

Sissy.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#178 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (scottyniedermayer @ June 14, 2009 - 06:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the truth of the matter is the wings were shell shocked in game 7. they thought their home ice advantage would carry them through but it didn't. they assumed they would win because they are the wings and no one can beat them. instead, they faced a hungrier pens teams that put them on their tails. next thing you know they start taking cheap shots like what franzen did to crosby.

I'm fairly certain that no team in the NHL thinks "We're the best. Nobody can beat us." That type of mentality will make a team fail year after year, round after round, game after game. It's a mentality that Babcock has spoken out against on many occasions. You do not let a loss get in your head and you do the same with a win. The Red Wings are among the best when it comes to following that logic. They're not arrogant or egotistical. They constantly talk about how they know the other team is going to give them a run for their money.

They're professional ice hockey players - not arrogant idiots.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#179 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Ms_Hockey @ June 14, 2009 - 07:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

understandable But as the "face of the NHL" you still make EVERY EFFORT to shake hands...

It is the part of the game when you congradulate each other for a great series..... not a pie in the face...
everyone shook Lemieuxs hand after driving Drapers face into the boards... nothing like that happened in this
series.....it went 7 games....7 games and he snubbed our guys after we waited to shake his hand....

to hell with that pole smoker!!!

#180 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 14, 2009 - 07:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are correct.

Does that make it right? Should the captain focus his attention to the media before he shakes the hands of the other team? Did Lidstrom do that to him last year?

Whether it's right or wrong is really up for the viewer/players to decide. I'm not upset by it. I don't think Crosby did it intentionally to piss off the Wings or anybody watching at the time. Should he have shook hands first and THEN proceeded with his interview? Probably. But I don't think his intentions were bad in doing what he did. So no harm done, in my mind.