• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheUkrainian

Pens salary next year

Rate this topic

Does anyone know how much Crosby, Malkin and Fleury (as well as the rest of the players) are making? I've been talking with some friends about contracts and such and was just wondering. (Not so much the amount they're making, but more so the cap hit the team takes).

The Pens will be in trouble. They don't have the wizardry the Wings do in the General Manager's office. Shero is good, but not THAT good.

I don't know when Malkin's contract ends, but I'm certain he eventually moves out.

The Pens will be in trouble. They don't have the wizardry the Wings do in the General Manager's office. Shero is good, but not THAT good.

I don't know when Malkin's contract ends, but I'm certain he eventually moves out.

I agree that Malkin moves at some point. It has to be hard on his ego knowing he is the better player but easily becomes the goat. He is in the Kids shadow.

This is meaningless but I was wondering... When does Sidney "The Kid" Crosby get to old for "The Kid"?

I agree that Malkin moves at some point. It has to be hard on his ego knowing he is the better player but easily becomes the goat. He is in the Kids shadow.

This is meaningless but I was wondering... When does Sidney "The Kid" Crosby get to old for "The Kid"?

The conventional wisdom is that Malkin will eventually go, but he actually likes things the way they are right now. That may change as he learns better english, but he prefers the shadows right now. His contract matches Sid's, he hates interviews, and the fans LOVE him. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd rather let Sid go someday, but I think Staal will get traded before either of the big guns.

And how can Shero be considered just "OK?" The guy pulled every string right this year. Letting Malone go, trading useless Whitney for a great prospect + a bonus winger for Sid, getting Guerin's leadership at the deadline, having the balls to fire a Cup Finalist coach that was killing his team, giving a rookie coach the reigns, signing Staal for a reasonable (and tradeable) price, and signing Malkin long term. All leading to a Cup. That's a career right there.

I never liked "The Kid" nickname. It can't die soon enough.

The conventional wisdom is that Malkin will eventually go, but he actually likes things the way they are right now. That may change as he learns better english, but he prefers the shadows right now. His contract matches Sid's, he hates interviews, and the fans LOVE him. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd rather let Sid go someday, but I think Staal will get traded before either of the big guns.

And how can Shero be considered just "OK?" The guy pulled every string right this year. Letting Malone go, trading useless Whitney for a great prospect + a bonus winger for Sid, getting Guerin's leadership at the deadline, having the balls to fire a Cup Finalist coach that was killing his team, giving a rookie coach the reigns, signing Staal for a reasonable (and tradeable) price, and signing Malkin long term. All leading to a Cup. That's a career right there.

Well the thing is they are putting it into the idea that the cap could drop to as low as 50 million in the next couple years, which would put 55% of your team's salary on 4 people, which would mean you'd have to move someone with a large cap hit.

I can't say that your brass is bad. The best thing that happened to the Pens this year was firing Michelle... That was in my opinion the one big move that turned your season around. It is very difficult to make a coaching change that works. Shero did. Did it like a hooker. To have the knowledge and the balls to pull it off and make it work takes a great GM. Better then the Wings? I won't entertain that. A great move followed by very good ones. Bringing in Guerin to me is like last years addition of Dallas Drake. Alot of people clowned it, but it worked.

Well the thing is they are putting it into the idea that the cap could drop to as low as 50 million in the next couple years, which would put 55% of your team's salary on 4 people, which would mean you'd have to move someone with a large cap hit.

true. it's gonna be tough and the farm system will have to produce. thank goodness they didn't sign Sid and Geno for Ovechkin money. They both could have gotten it.

I can't say that your brass is bad. The best thing that happened to the Pens this year was firing Michelle... That was in my opinion the one big move that turned your season around. It is very difficult to make a coaching change that works. Shero did. Did it like a hooker. To have the knowledge and the balls to pull it off and make it work takes a great GM. Better then the Wings? I won't entertain that. A great move followed by very good ones. Bringing in Guerin to me is like last years addition of Dallas Drake. Alot of people clowned it, but it worked.

I hated Therrien with all my being. now Shero needs to prove he's not a one-hit-wonder. He need look no further than the Wings organization for a model of how it's done.

Crosby is 8.7

Malkin is 8.7

Staal is 4.0

Fleury is 5.0

Gonchar is 5.0

Orpik is 3.7

All of those players are locked into long term contracts with us. Yeah, they vary, but that's our nucleus for the next 3-4 years. Guerin and Fedotenko are the two big UFA decisions to make, and honestly, both are replacable. As a pens fan, i'm not worried about our future. The bigger question is why is this being posted in a red wings message board? I think the wings have bigger decisions to make with their UFA's to be honest, though they'll still be competitive.

All of those players are locked into long term contracts with us. Yeah, they vary, but that's our nucleus for the next 3-4 years. Guerin and Fedotenko are the two big UFA decisions to make, and honestly, both are replacable. As a pens fan, i'm not worried about our future. The bigger question is why is this being posted in a red wings message board? I think the wings have bigger decisions to make with their UFA's to be honest, though they'll still be competitive.

So a Hockey message board (Red Wings fan site--in the "general discussion" forum) shouldn't talk about hockey?

What "bigger" decisions do the fans need to make with our UFAs? Do we, as fans, have the powers to decide what our GM does? Do you think Kenny Holland hangs out at LGWs to help sway his decisions?

Are you serious?

Edited by Snazzy

So a Hockey message board (Red Wings fan site--in the "general discussion" forum) shouldn't talk about hockey?

What "bigger" decisions do the fans need to make with our UFAs? Do we, as fans, have the powers to decide what our GM does? Do you think Kenny Holland hangs out at LGWs to help sway his decisions?

Are you serious?

no, i'm just surprised that wings fans are so obsessed about the pens UFA's when they have bigger fish to fry themselves. hey, if you're more concerned about the pens UFA's then more power to ya. i really don't think either team is gonna be in real trouble next year, but detroit definitely has bigger decisions with their UFA's to make than us.

That is the amazing differance between the Wings fans and Pens fans like yourself. We have a big picture concept and knowledge of the game. We don't just talk about the Wings, we don't only knock other teams. The other Pen fan in here you could take a few notes from. I am not saying all Wings fans but alot on here in LGW not only love the Wings but we love the Sport and converse about alot of things that will effect this team, other teams, the League as a whole and the quality of the sport.

Oh and if you look in the 18 threads why Hossa sucks, blah blah blah. Coaching is to blame. Hockey God's are blamed. Bettman is blamed. Crosby is blamed. Officiating is blamed. Not many, a few, but not many just saying the Pens were the better team. The loss falls on the entire team. So don't think I am trying to say we are all really smart....

edit/ I just want to clear up that I in no way think the Pens are a better team, just the better team in the series.

Edited by IceMunkee

no, i'm just surprised that wings fans are so obsessed about the pens UFA's when they have bigger fish to fry themselves. hey, if you're more concerned about the pens UFA's then more power to ya. i really don't think either team is gonna be in real trouble next year, but detroit definitely has bigger decisions with their UFA's to make than us.

What "bigger fish" does Wings fans have to "fry"? Again, can you please explain to me how a random message forum discussion will play into next years UFAs decisions and signings?

Are you really Ray Shero posing as some ignorant dips*** on a random fan forum?

Are you serious?

I just wanted you to know that Holland does hang out here everyday. He gets all of his info in the rumor thread. He chooses who and how to trade from that topic catagory... He won't step in the general discussion cat though.

I have actually seen him hanging around the vending machines in the Political Discussions catagory too. That is how he came to his decision to vote in the 2008 elections. I know crazy right. I don't get paid enough!

:ph34r::lol:

"What "bigger fish" does Wings fans have to "fry"? Again, can you please explain to me how a random message forum discussion will play into next years UFAs decisions and signings?"

Hossa. Samuelsson. Kopecky. Leino. Not to mention after next year, you'll have a lot of vets retiring, and even if they don't, you should be looking to replace them with younger talent.

"Are you really Ray Shero posing as some ignorant dips*** on a random fan forum?"

Dude, you've totally missed the point of a discussion board, which is to DISCUSS. i'm not gonna fan the flames anymore.

"Oh and if you look in the 18 threads why Hossa sucks, blah blah blah. Coaching is to blame. Hockey God's are blamed. Bettman is blamed. Crosby is blamed. Officiating is blamed. Not many, a few, but not many just saying the Pens were the better team. The loss falls on the entire team. So don't think I am trying to say we are all really smart...."

cool, i respect that. there are some very intelligent red wings fans. all i'm getting at is Hossa alone is a bigger decision for the wings than any one of the pens UFA's. Historically, he's choked in the playoffs, so it seems like he's an easy cut. Yet, he scored a lot of goals for you guys during the regular season, which puts detroir in a predicament. Who would fill his void next season?

Hossa. Samuelsson. Kopecky. Leino. Not to mention after next year, you'll have a lot of vets retiring, and even if they don't, you should be looking to replace them with younger talent.

It's all set, I just called Holland and told him to login to LGWs, he said they are locked for next season.

Hold on one sec......, gotta fax the paperwork to Hossa.......

Okay, I'm back.

What was I saying????? .... It gets so damn busy being a fan on this message forum, ya know getting players signed and stuff. Shew! Stressful.

"What "bigger fish" does Wings fans have to "fry"? Again, can you please explain to me how a random message forum discussion will play into next years UFAs decisions and signings?"

"Are you really Ray Shero posing as some ignorant dips*** on a random fan forum?"

Dude, you've totally missed the point of a discussion board, which is to DISCUSS. i'm not gonna fan the flames anymore.

"Oh and if you look in the 18 threads why Hossa sucks, blah blah blah. Coaching is to blame. Hockey God's are blamed. Bettman is blamed. Crosby is blamed. Officiating is blamed. Not many, a few, but not many just saying the Pens were the better team. The loss falls on the entire team. So don't think I am trying to say we are all really smart...."

cool, i respect that. there are some very intelligent red wings fans. all i'm getting at is Hossa alone is a bigger decision for the wings than any one of the pens UFA's. Historically, he's choked in the playoffs, so it seems like he's an easy cut. Yet, he scored a lot of goals for you guys during the regular season, which puts detroir in a predicament. Who would fill his void next season?

I disagree that Hossa is a difficult decision when it comes to whether he should stay or not, the tough part is money. Even tougher is who goes to keep him here. This opinion has had me beaten up all day long but I am not a coward and won't back down. I like to think I more open-minded then looking at the last seven games as a career decision maker. Maybe I may offer a differant prospective. Before the 2005-2006 playoff's we had a player who was also considered a playoff bust. Pavel Datsyuk was bashed on here for some time, some fans believed we over paid for him at the time. Then 06-07 and 07-08 he produced like a true top NHL player. 2009-2010 One of three finalist for the Hart and he did not produce (points) this playoff season. Should we cut him because he may be infact a playoff bust? Hell no! No Dats has more to argue with but not much more then Hoss. Some people just want to blame someone, he is the easiest to blame with little knowledge. Hossa played well for you last year in the finals, best player as far as production if I remember accuratly. Hossa should definitly be resigned, I don't think that is the decision our brass has to consider. I think thier difficulty is who do we let go that will not make a huge dent on our depth. That is the tough decision, and should the say goodbye to some longtime Wings, and how do the bolster the D a little.

I disagree that Hossa is a difficult decision when it comes to whether he should stay or not, the tough part is money. Even tougher is who goes to keep him here. This opinion has had me beaten up all day long but I am not a coward and won't back down. I like to think I more open-minded then looking at the last seven games as a career decision maker. Maybe I may offer a differant prospective. Before the 2005-2006 playoff's we had a player who was also considered a playoff bust. Pavel Datsyuk was bashed on here for some time, some fans believed we over paid for him at the time. Then 06-07 and 07-08 he produced like a true top NHL player. 2009-2010 One of three finalist for the Hart and he did not produce (points) this playoff season. Should we cut him because he may be infact a playoff bust? Hell no! No Dats has more to argue with but not much more then Hoss. Some people just want to blame someone, he is the easiest to blame with little knowledge. Hossa played well for you last year in the finals, best player as far as production if I remember accuratly. Hossa should definitly be resigned, I don't think that is the decision our brass has to consider. I think thier difficulty is who do we let go that will not make a huge dent on our depth. That is the tough decision, and should the say goodbye to some longtime Wings, and how do the bolster the D a little.

The thing with Hossa is that it's not a cut-n-dry decision (i.e. there's much debate as to what to do with him). obviously, if he takes a pay cut, you have to keep him. He is a great player, and you don't have to know a lot about hockey to realize that. BUT....and the poo always comes after the butt....he is not a playoff player, historically (and i'm not sure he was our points leader last year, but i'll give ya the benefit of the doubt for sake of argument). That's what i'm getting at. Do you keep Hossa and lose several less- higher profile players or do you get rid of him and free up some dough?

Essentially, this is a much harder decision than any of the ones the pens have to make. Scuderi is easily our biggest UFA, and I hope we keep him, but word is we won't. But he's worth less than a million...

The thing with Hossa is that it's not a cut-n-dry decision (i.e. there's much debate as to what to do with him). obviously, if he takes a pay cut, you have to keep him. He is a great player, and you don't have to know a lot about hockey to realize that. BUT....and the poo always comes after the butt....he is not a playoff player, historically (and i'm not sure he was our points leader last year, but i'll give ya the benefit of the doubt for sake of argument). That's what i'm getting at. Do you keep Hossa and lose several less- higher profile players or do you get rid of him and free up some dough?

Essentially, this is a much harder decision than any of the ones the pens have to make. Scuderi is easily our biggest UFA, and I hope we keep him, but word is we won't. But he's worth less than a million...

I think we talk about your UFA's because when we try to talk about ours it starts the cold war of LGW.

edit: Also I am just exhuasted trying to dispell the thinking of there has to be someone to blame. So I figured I would join this convo.... That and I am just to sad to sleep. Plus I gotta stay away from the threads that you open up and one of the less cooler then yourself and Doc upthere post hurtful pictures and words.

BTW completely off topic, last year when you guys lost did wings fans join your boards and do that? I just hope not is all, I personally am about the competition and the game. The challange of a good team and a hard fought series is great. I am just not into all that stuff. Wow! I am exhuasted...

Edited by IceMunkee