• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

Your final words...

Rate this topic

Before I take a short vacay from this place, I just wanted to say that even though we're all very disappointed right now, we still have a lot to be proud of.

We outplayed 29 teams and came up short against one team that we beat just last year. Our team is made up of amazing players with a commitment to winning, a commitment that will last us into next year and beyond. We have a tradition and spirit of winning unmatched by any other organization. We attract players like Hossa who come to learn from us and will turn down piles of money to do so. We have amazing players with amazing skills that similarly turn down piles of money and publicly state they want to be Red Wings for life. Our team is one of hockey integrity and not a lot of other organizations can say that. And lastly, our fans are classy and knowledgeable. Sharing the discussion with you all on here has been a treat.

We battled so much adversity this entire year, from defensive and goaltending struggles to injures in the playoffs. In the end, we only came up one game short. Along the way we battled really tough teams. The road through Anaheim was rocky and took a toll on everyone's body. Columbus and and especially Chicago were also teams to watch out for in an especially strong Western conference. Throughout, our stars struggled to a degree, and we saw an amazing youth movement go to work and play phenomenally. This gives us a glimmer of what our team may be like in a few years, and it looks bright. We even played injured, with at least 5 or 6 guys who should have technically been sitting out, and we found a way to give ourselves a chance. And even though we may not be Stanley cup champions this year, I'd say that all of this still qualifies as champion-style play. What we have accomplished, though it may not qualify as a "repeat," is still epic. Be proud to be a Red Wings fan. Be proud of our team. And look forward to the chapters to come.

I'll leave you with a post-game quote. After losing game seven and missing the opportunity to win the Stanley cup, Zetterberg states: "You know what, this going to make us stronger... You will always learn, and you will always bring this stuff with you."

Use this thread to get over the missed opportunities, the posts, the bad calls, the commissioner, and the finger pointing. When you're ready, say your last words and look ahead to next season.

My final words will be a very big thank you to the Red Wings. We truly are a very lucky fan base, so lucky we sometimes forget how to be grateful. An amazing season. When the playoff's started I did not think we would go this far until Anahiem. What a team. I would like to encourage the angrier fans to step back, breath, consider, and reform thier anger. I don't blame the angry fans, I was extremely angry. I just took a step back and looked from day one in October all the way through the year and reconsidered my evaluations on certain players. During the playoff's I had a party every game the crowd grew the farther we went, but so did the ignorance. Last night I had to hear my young cousin with her extremly brand new Red Wings shirt shout, "shoot! Shoot! Why won't they shoot, don't they want to score?" Then I had to politely tell her, "They are not shooting because the are in the nuetral zone..." I tell this story because as the parties grew it seemed to be more and more "band wagon" fan's, which is okay, we all start somewhere but you must hold your opinions until you live and breath this team for 70 or more regular season games a year. I don't like everyone's opinion on this board, but if I can tell that they are hardcore fan's of the team and of the sport I will respect thier opinion. At least it is educated, at least it comes from a knowledge of how teams/players have performed from start to finish. All this is being said because I heard alot of "opinions" last night from these "band wagoners" after the game it frustrated me to no end. Then I wake today just to find out that these opinions are all over the media and in these boards. Some of them come from guys/gals that I know watch all year. Watch alot of hockey. The have opinions based of knowledge, crappy opinions but thoughtful ones. I am not saying there are alot of "band wagoners" but I see alot of names being started these last few months. Maybe they watch and just learned of LGW maybe not. I just really hate uneducated "band wagoners" opinions based mostly off of hear say and media crap. I can't change it, but I can say my piece. Last night having to tell someone in thier very first brand spank-me-new t-shirt that it is ridiculous to shoot from the neutral zone. Later her friend and her said things like maybe thier to old, maybe Hossa is to blame, maybe some of them shut off the game switch, even though they just learned that shooting from the nuetral zone was very poor offensive strategy. Or another one of my wife's brothers friend who kept saying why did the coach not put in andlecrater. I simply said he did not because andlecrater does not play for the wings and sounds like a very bad VD. I feel like some comments are the same today. Again, no opinion is wrong. I just wish I could make a law that says you must have X amount of ours devoted to the game and to being a "fan" before your allowed to form an opinion in a public setting....

Wow. That was a rant. Thanks if you read it all....

My final words are "Hossa is a lossa, someone tell the bossa!"

And there's no excuse for the pathetic choke job that the boys exhibited this week. I'm not going to spout off any nonsense about how it was a great effort and a nice season. When you get this close, you better deliver! The fans in Detroit who paid big money to see Game Seven deserve a refund.

"Thus ends the seventh battle

By the treachery of men the field is lost

The night falls and great is the triumph of evil

The league is broken

The last vestige of hope lives in the hidden king

Only he troubles the dark one's mind

Only he could bring ruin to the black foe

Though the land lies down in agony and the curse lives on

A new star shall arise

And a new day shall come, again"

My final words are "Hossa is a lossa, someone tell the bossa!"

And there's no excuse for the pathetic choke job that the boys exhibited this week. I'm not going to spout off any nonsense about how it was a great effort and a nice season. When you get this close, you better deliver! The fans in Detroit who paid big money to see Game Seven deserve a refund.

Seriously, relax on this guy.

Plenty of blame to go around.

Itd be nice to see Hoss stick around if he takes less than 5 mil, take another run at it. If we cant come to terms with him, good luck and the Red Machine rolls on.

Get some rest boys, remember the pain of losing game 7 in your own house by one goal: unleash fury on the league next year!

"Thus ends the seventh battle

By the treachery of men the field is lost

The night falls and great is the triumph of evil

The league is broken

The last vestige of hope lives in the hidden king

Only he troubles the dark one's mind

Only he could bring ruin to the black foe

Though the land lies down in agony and the curse lives on

A new star shall arise

And a new day shall come, again"

I knew you were a good writer before :)

All I can say is a Lack of Heart contributed to this loss.....Hell, the kids from GR played an ASSTON better than Hossa did.

Hudler did not shoot as much. Wings kept coming in from bad angles, no point shots, no slot shots, nothing. Game 5 was the last of what they had.

Osgood was stellar save for game 4

Brad Stuart is now on the Pittsburgh Penguins Payroll.

The Penguins only have a few true fans. The rest are bandwagoners and others looking to suck Crosby off.

Anyone see the "Jizzed in my Pants" look on Bettman's face as he was handing off the cup? and the fact he forgot to congratulate the Red Wings (like he does both teams every year, including last year)

Hossa wanted a cup so badly he didn't do s***. I'm on the "get him out of here" wagon until otherwise can be proven.

As of this moment, We're all Undefeated Again. Even the Isles and the Avs.

Believe it or not, I don't have the words to express how proud I am of this Team.

Despite all my (many, MANY) criticisms, I can't believe they got as far as they did this Post Season. They had EVERYTHING stacked against them.

And they just kept Winning. Past the 1st Round. Past the 2nd Round. Past the 3rd Round. I kept waiting for the injuries to catch up. For the exhaustion to set in.

It took until Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals for this Team to FINALLY succumb to the many slings and arrows thrown their way ALL SEASON and ALL POST SEASON long.

They got NO breaks this year. NONE. Amazing. They were simply amazing.

What we, as fans, have to look forward to is equally amazing. Let the Pens go on and on about Cindy and Genny, and their imminent "dynasty".

What we have before us is the next generation of the Detroit Red Wings, born and bred into the best Organization in the NHL, trained and mentored by Stanley Cup Champions 3 and 4 times over, indoctrinated in the lessons in Sacrifice, Hard Work, Humility, Dignity and TEAM as handed down by Steve Yzerman, and carried on by Lidstrom, Chelios, Maltby, Draper, Osgood, and Holmstrom.

We are witnessing the young veterans Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Kronwall and Cleary, as they instill the values of what it means to wear the Winged Wheel in the "babies" Helm, Ericsson, Filppula, and Abdelkader.

The support of Players like Rafalski, Stuart, will help. Hopefully Lilja will be back and will build on his solid 2008-2009 Season, (we really, REALLY missed him on the PK this Post Season).

We'll lose some Players this Off Season. That's inevitable. But Kenny will make the RIGHT choices for this Team, and they will be stronger next year.

The future of this Team looks as bright and promising as the recent past has looked.

And THAT is an amazing thing.

Rest up, boys. Heal up. And come back stronger than ever.

Because NEXT year, we take BACK what is ours!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!

Thanks Wings for another great season.

And GG Bettman you got what you wanted. Maybe next year we can finally have some unbaised advertising and officiating?

Don't count on it. If a recipe works, then you gotta stick with it.

You have to be lucky to win and it is my opinion that since the series was so close that the Pens got way lucky in the form of Wings injuries.

On the other hand, the Wings were really unlucky. I mean, a severe injury to a top-2 PK defenseman, sporadic injuries to top players throughout the playoffs, and an injury to Nick's ********? When does that ever happen?

The series was so close that any kind of edge whether it was Bettman or whatever would put one team over the other.

Was a good, exciting season. I just hate it when it goes to game 7 of the finals. Although I don't feel as bad as I did when the Pistons lost to the Spurs in 7 in 05. I must be growing up lol.

Oh man, that was terrible. I still can never forgive 'Sheed for blowing game 5 against Horry.

I am amazed that with all the adverstity they faced, that the Wings managed to get as far as they did. Call it sour grapes, but it is my belief tht this cup is tainted.

Is it possible for anyone to play inside a system for 82 games and then be expected to play inside an entirely different system for the playoffs? The Wings have been amazing adapting to the new "NHL" with the rules on holding, obstructing, interfering, etc., and played the game within the rules that were put upon them better than anyone else in the league. To expect them to play at the same level and with the same success when the league takes the entire rule book and tosses it out the window is positively ludicrous.

It has been argued that the number of power plays throughout the series with the Penguins was pretty much even for both teams. I don't believe that can even be considered a valid argument for 1 very important reason. The number of penalties "CALLED" was even, more or less. I give you that. However, the number of "UNCALLED" penalties was undeniably one-sided. So, given any given game, Detroit commits 10 penalties, and are called for 2 or three of them. Pittsburgh commits 20 or more penalties and are called for 2 or 3 of them. How is that equitable?

I do not believe that the best team won this series. I believe that the league won this series for the Penguins, and that if they only way to win the cup is to pretty much have it handed to you, well, that's even worse than 2nd best.

Contratulations Detroit. Have a great off-season, rest up, heal up, and I'm looking forward to another great year next year.

THANKS!

We'll be back. And we're going to win. Because we're the Detroit Red Wings, and that's what we do. That is all.

Seriously, I'm ready to crank up next season right freaking now. I want to go out and get the GD Cup back.

Thank you, Red Wings for a great season of lots of intense and fun hockey! It will be a loooong summer without any games to watch. I'm very proud to be a Wings fan and cheer for such a poised, mature, successful and respectable team who never let their fans down. See ya next season!

I am amazed that with all the adverstity they faced, that the Wings managed to get as far as they did. Call it sour grapes, but it is my belief tht this cup is tainted.

Is it possible for anyone to play inside a system for 82 games and then be expected to play inside an entirely different system for the playoffs? The Wings have been amazing adapting to the new "NHL" with the rules on holding, obstructing, interfering, etc., and played the game within the rules that were put upon them better than anyone else in the league. To expect them to play at the same level and with the same success when the league takes the entire rule book and tosses it out the window is positively ludicrous.

It has been argued that the number of power plays throughout the series with the Penguins was pretty much even for both teams. I don't believe that can even be considered a valid argument for 1 very important reason. The number of penalties "CALLED" was even, more or less. I give you that. However, the number of "UNCALLED" penalties was undeniably one-sided. So, given any given game, Detroit commits 10 penalties, and are called for 2 or three of them. Pittsburgh commits 20 or more penalties and are called for 2 or 3 of them. How is that equitable?

I do not believe that the best team won this series. I believe that the league won this series for the Penguins, and that if they only way to win the cup is to pretty much have it handed to you, well, that's even worse than 2nd best.

Contratulations Detroit. Have a great off-season, rest up, heal up, and I'm looking forward to another great year next year.

THANKS!

Thanks RED WINGS you guy's are the classest team to ever take the ice.The pens are about the worst.classless bunch of brats. :ranting:

I think this is the worse loss in Red Wings history... It hurts so much and to lose to the Pens? There Captain didn't even do anything in the finals and we still lost and had to see him raise the cup! BLEH!!!! :ranting:

Was a fun season and hopefully our boys will be ready to go for another run at the cup next season! Go Wings Go!! That cup is ours next year!!

Thank you Detroit Red Wings for a great year. I have made many great memories this year while watching you.

I was lucky to have gone to many games this year with a great friend aka Hockey Buddy and family members. I was also able to take my mom to her first ever Red Wings game, she had a blast and it was a great bonding moment with her and my brother.

I also got to hang out with my nieces and nephews. They joined in the cheering and took hand fulls of Hot Tamales to fire up the team.

I had an awesome time and I cant wait for the next season. Hope my Hockey Buddy is ready to knock it out!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P