• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

Your final words...

Rate this topic

My final words.. I'm bummed that I didn't get the chance to call out this moron and hold him to his promise:

(after a loss against the Blues in April, also notice he mispelled literally)

I'll tell you what, if we win the cup, I will LITERALY bite the head off of a crow, swallow it, & upload the video here.

Shame. I would have loved to see that vid.

This season had it's shares of downs, moments when the team played the most terrible hockey I've ever seen the Wings play, but it only made the ups (and they were many) feel even better.

Overall I'm just happy to be a fan of this team. Two straight years in the SCF, and so close to back-to-back cups, and we're still not happy. We'll win again, and we'll lose again. We need to enjoy the fact that we have a team that does a hell of a lot more winning than losing. There are many, many teams that would kill to lose a Game 7 of the SCF. Just to be able to say that they were there.

Thank you Red Wings for a great 2008-2009 even though you didn't go quite all the way. And thank you LGW'ers for making the season a lot more fun :beerbuddy:

I don't even have any final words....

Sure You do...(Repete after Jiri Hudler) :cheesy:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

My final words (my english is not so good):

It was nice to wake up in the middle of the night, just to watch you on a lagging stream, to affront Ozzy for his mistakes in the regular season, but to admire him for his performace in the Playoffs, just to see how Marian shows his excellence on the ice in the first 82 games, and struggle in the postseason, but he´s still a top-performer for the wings! To see Pavel be awarded as the MVP and then hiding in the Playoffs, but nobody recognized his effort to set up goals for others.... watching Nicklas as his best, and still be critized from some people. I watched Henrik, who wasn´t lucky the whole season, but he showed an overwhelming performance in the Playoffs!

This team is great! And it was worth to wake up at 2 a.m., to watch our team!

We will win the cup next year!

It doesn't mean a thing without the ring. Coming in 2nd is the first loser. I still can't believe we lost game 7 on home ice. It's just all very sad. It shouldn't have ended the way it did. :thumbdown:

I'm really proud of this team. This was an AMAZING season no matter how you look at it.

They literally took us, as fans, as far as they could possibly go in the season ... Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Granted, they didn't win the big prize at the end that we were all hoping for, but making it THAT FAR, two years in a row, is a huge accomplishment in of itself.

I think I remember hearing we were the first Cup defending team in .... dammit, I forget how many years ... to even get past the first round. Going into the playoffs, I didn't even expect us to get past the 2nd round. It's just that hard to repeat these days and the playoffs are just that unpredictable. So the fact that we came as THAT CLOSE to repeating definitely exceeded my expectations.

Yes, I'm sad and upset and angry about the loss. Yes, it hurts something terrible. But just going back and looking at everything we've done this year, and the fact that we even got as far as we did is something to celebrate.

Thanks for the ride, Red Wings. Let's do it again next year.

Stuart, I forgive you on one condition, you never forgive yourself. That's right, come next playoff season you will be the smartest, most well positioned, least penalized, most hitting, highest +/-, most energized hustling D man in every single shift of every single game.

i've been a wings fan my whole life and will continue to be until i die. they've been good to me. i get as pissed as all of you when they don't win the cup, but that's the best thing about being a wings fan is you expect them to win it every year. how many fans can say that about their team??

Wings fans...that's who.

lets enjoy the offseason, speculate, and talk about how the wings are gonna come out hungry as ever and win it all next season.

I think this is the worse loss in Red Wings history...

Me thinks the Wings fans back in 1942, when the team was up 3-0 and then lost the next four games, would beg to differ.

I couldn't agree more with the general gist of this thread. I have sat around since Friday night, not only still adjusting to life without a beard, but also realizing how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful team. We would love for them to win it all every year, but if they did that then the sport wouldn't be held in such a high regard.

I am still coping with the attachment issues of not having my beard, has anyone started a support group for this yet anywhere on here?

I trust Holland and the management to make the correct decision with Hossa. If it works, they will keep him. They managerial actions are the reason we have made the playoffs since 1990.

No more 2008-09, onwards to 09-10! Let's Go Wings!

Last words:

There's no point looking back. The only thing that matters now is what we do to change our future, and what we do to get the Cup back.

Me thinks the Wings fans back in 1942, when the team was up 3-0 and then lost the next four games, would beg to differ.

Well ok in our generation then. This is the most painful loss i have ever experienced since i been a fan and im sure everyone else here will agree. The sweep in 95 was better to swallow then this but time heals all pain eh?

Final words:

If some of the injuries were as bad as they have been revealed, it's too bad that Babs didn't stay with the kids who won games 1 & 2. I still maintain that if the Penquins had been as beat up as the Wings were, Bettman would never have accelerated the start of the finals.

No more debate for me about Osgood - he is our first string - "A"-team - #1 goalie.

Speaking of Ozzy, hows about Holland schedules rotating, 10 day, mental health vacations for the whole team next season???

Keep Stuart next season - just give him 40 lashes for screwing up the final game.

It's frustrating that, for a team with supposed superior poise, that the Wings seemed to come so unglued from a shorthanded goal in game 4. Maybe injuries will cause that.

I don't hate Pittsburgh, or the Pens. Hell, Pitt doesn't get any more respect than the city of Detroit. What I hate is the NHL shoving the Pens down our throats, which is not really the fault of the Pens themselves.

This loss makes my finals record 4-6, instead of 5-5. I've now seen them lose in 1961, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1995, and 2009.

We still need two more cups to tie Toronto for second place with 13 cups.