• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Get a new goalie- Get a good goal scorer

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGSFTW

I know osgood was clutch in everything, but at any moment he can let in a goal.

Get a big solid goalie, say khabibulin.

I dunno im just thinking this.

Also try to ink mike cammalari to a one year deal, or a high caliber player looking to win a cup.

Hossa is good, but he was way to soft, he has a pretty big frame compared to other guys and he kept peeling off , and just holding the puck not making plays.

We need a instant goal scorer in time where we can not get anything going. Someone who can take pavel datyuks passes and make the most of them, hossa is more of a play maker than a goal scorer in my opinion, and he didn't produce.

We need a goal scorer, to stick on pavel datyuks line.

Also try to ink mike cammalari to a one year deal, or a high caliber player looking to win a cup.

Hossa is good, but he was way to soft, he has a pretty big frame compared to other guys and he kept peeling off , and just holding the puck not making plays.

We need a instant goal scorer in time where we can not get anything going. Someone who can take pavel datyuks passes and make the most of them, hossa is more of a play maker than a goal scorer in my opinion, and he didn't produce.

yah this is briliant get rid of Ozzzie who would have won the Conn smythe if we had won for Khabibulin who looks like aside from his cup win with Tampa has been a s***ty playoff goaltender especilly this playoff come on put down the pipe

Guest REDWINGSFTW
yah this is briliant get rid of Ozzzie who would have won the Conn smythe if we had won for Khabibulin who looks like aside from his cup win with Tampa has been a s***ty playoff goaltender especilly this playoff come on put down the pipe

a better goalie wud be fine the reason osgood did so good is our defense is great and clears all his garbage rebounds, once u get under the goaline on osgood its as easy as in without our great defense.

I agree that Osgood has his moment where he lets in some softies and loses confidence. I hated him through the reg season but he really held us into alot of games this play off and he can still do what we need him too. No need to sell the farm for a new goalie, plus we have some good young guys coming through the system. If Osgood can do what we need him to until either Larsson or McCollum are ready it would allow us to spend the money else where.

a better goalie wud be fine the reason osgood did so good is our defense is great and clears all his garbage rebounds, once u get under the goaline on osgood its as easy as in without our great defense.

What the hell games were you watching? in case you didn't notice, our defense this playoffs was absoloutly terrible by Red Wings standards. The only reason we made it as far as we did was because of Osgood. Take that "He's only good cause of the system" crap right out the door with you.

im sorry man but people are going to rip you apart, but at least i won't because im just not an online tough guy i guess.

i disagree about goaltending, but thats because osgood is just playing too well. the only way to honestly upgrade is getting a fleury/luongo/miller type, and that would cost way to much. osgood literally is perfect for our team. he is an a highly above average goalie, who is making peanuts compared to the rest of the leagues goaltenders. he is here to stay.

i do agree a certain type of goal scorer we haven't had would really help. a pure, snipefest goal scorer. we have so many amazing playmakers, but not enough people who finish in the clutch. the type like cheechoo, ovechkin, carter, nash, cammalari would be great too. obviously were not going to get some of these specific players but i'm just giving examples of the type im talking about. franzen is great, but we need at least one more. remember how hull complemented pavels passes?? just like that.

We should get Ovechkin, he is a good goalscorer. And Lundqvist, he is a good goalie. Get Luongo as our backup.

Make it happen Kenny.

Lol, Lets get Kane, Chara and Thorton too while we're at it... I got faith Kenny!!! :P

We should get Ovechkin, he is a good goalscorer. And Lundqvist, he is a good goalie. Get Luongo as our backup.

Make it happen Kenny.

Thats like signing Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille and Dominik Hasek in the same off season. Never. Gonna. Happen.

God I love beings a Wings fan. ^_^

smoked_retarded.gif

Ozzie is playing great, now. But we definitely need to be looking to the future for our goaltending needs. Sorry but Howard isn't the one and McCollum is not ready, neither is Larsson.

Ozzy still has a few years left in the gas tank.

By then one of our prospects should be ready to step up into the big leagues.

I agree 100% Definitly let's get Khabibulin to replace Osgood. That is an obvious upgrade. Why did we not think of this when Khabi got pulled? Also yes! Let's get an instant goal scorer, just add water to any one and BAM instant scoring.

Definitly Khabi is a "solid" goaltender.

I was actually wondering how long it would be until we had the pleasure of seeing a goalie thread. Even with Osgood playing Conn Smythe, hall of fame level hockey. Luckily alot of the opposing teams fans have left before the could see this. This one thread could makes us all look like stupid bags of crap with the ability to type. Seriously you fail on so many levels I am not sure what to say.

Thread fail. Delete under rule #683 "while utterly stupid thread are allowed to be posted if only to show that Detoit has uneducated fans as well, completely retarded threads should be deleted and the computer of the OP will be confiscated and destroyed for fear of idiocy spreading"

He may have gas still in the tank but I hope he has a better regular season than last season.

This kind of logic makes me want to punch myself in the face. Repeatidly. Osgood was not great during the regular season but the Wings still finished 3rd overall. While playing in the hardest division. Hmmm.

You're drunk, right?

Osgood had a GAA of precisely 2 in the playoffs, and kept Detroit in 2 games in which they should have gotten blown away. Blame the D and injuries if anything, but Osgood has earned some respect.

Khabibulin is overpaid and undertalented. There's a reason Chicago was able to send him to the AHL without anyone picking him up.

You guys, we do need a goalie who can score more goals. Osgood is touted as a goal scoring goalie, but did he score one goal in the single playoffs? No. He is clearly a deadbeat.

Guest Shoreline
This kind of logic makes me want to punch myself in the face. Repeatidly. Osgood was not great during the regular season but the Wings still finished 3rd overall. While playing in the hardest division. Hmmm.

I wouldn't look too much into their posts. Hockeymom wished that Osgood was slashed in the head, and repeatedly suggested (or praised posts that said) this team can go nowhere without an enforcer. Utter facepalm material.

Are we in panic mode after the loss? We can keep the team in tact...with few minor changes...we can even lose Hossa and still have the best chance to win next year.

Lets see...Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Franzen....we have some of the better playmakers/goal scorers in the game. what more do you want.

I mean the only way I would see Kenny getting a new goalie and a big time scorer is if he's playin Xbox with his kids.