• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Get a new goalie- Get a good goal scorer

Rate this topic

The emergence of Ericsson and the great play of Lilja this season make me believe that the Brad Stuart signing wasn't prudent one. I am not basing that decision on the poor game 7. He just suddenly seems expendable. I dunno maybe I am wrong to think so.

Agreed. I just don't think we need both of Stuart and Kronwall, but I'd much arther have kronwall. I wouldn't mind seeing stuart traded at all, though it wouldn't be the "honorable" move. I'm sure he'd be dissapointed.

yah this is briliant get rid of Ozzzie who would have won the Conn smythe if we had won for Khabibulin who looks like aside from his cup win with Tampa has been a s***ty playoff goaltender especilly this playoff come on put down the pipe

This and the fact that Osgood doesn't count much against the cap.

:) I agree. We need to trade the WINNING goalie of the Chicago/Detroit series for the LOSING goalie.

While we're shaking up the rosters here, lets trade Kenny for this guy. He knows how to build a competitive team every year. Trade the winners away for the losers!

However, I agree we needed a stronger play-off presence from SOMEONE on our team. However, as we now know, just because Hossa was good two years ago, and sucked this year, he may be on fire next year. It's an intangible thing this play-off hockey.

But still. Osgood for Hole-in-bulin?

Ozzie is playing great, now. But we definitely need to be looking to the future for our goaltending needs. Sorry but Howard isn't the one and McCollum is not ready, neither is Larsson.

Of course they are not ready to take this team to the Stanley Cup, but how many goalies out there really are. The Wings eventually have to get a young goalie that they can ride for a while. Osgood was the first repeat Stanley Cup winning goalie that we have really had. Think about that. First Cup was Vernon, second was Osgood, third Hasek, fourth Osgood. You can't continuously rotate goalies in like that. The only way these young guys can show their worth is consistent time at the NHL level. They have to earn that chance, but we can't pass judgment on them, until they get their chance. Look at how many players the Wings would have traded away if Letgowings ran the team.

The emergence of Ericsson and the great play of Lilja this season make me believe that the Brad Stuart signing wasn't prudent one. I am not basing that decision on the poor game 7. He just suddenly seems expendable. I dunno maybe I am wrong to think so.

I don't think Lilja or Ericsson are top four material, yet. And I am not understanding how people are highlighting a couple of plays over a number of times in the last two playoffs where Stuart has more than shown his worth.

I know osgood was clutch in everything, but at any moment he can let in a goal.

Get a big solid goalie, say khabibulin.

I dunno im just thinking this.

Also try to ink mike cammalari to a one year deal, or a high caliber player looking to win a cup.

Hossa is good, but he was way to soft, he has a pretty big frame compared to other guys and he kept peeling off , and just holding the puck not making plays.

We need a instant goal scorer in time where we can not get anything going. Someone who can take pavel datyuks passes and make the most of them, hossa is more of a play maker than a goal scorer in my opinion, and he didn't produce.

We need a goal scorer, to stick on pavel datyuks line.

didnt we own him in the conference finals?

Start punching :rolleyes:

***** WARNING *****

***Some may find offensive***

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes women are the worst Red Wings fans. I have met some truly good solid fans with real knowledge, rarely, but I have met them.

You seem to be the opposite.

Wow! I cannot even believe I am reading this. Stuart and Kronwall expendable. One bad game and bam! Off with thier heads. Stuart was great all season until gm7, and KRONIC? KRONIC? Wow... I wonder if you were in the other thread saying we were'nt tough enough??? If so, man your messed in the head.

I get your angry at Stu, but KRONIC?!?!?!?!?!

Why don't we just blow up the entire team. Let's start from scratch! Cause going to the finals two ******* years in a row is not good enough for the f*cking fans in Detroit. EVERYONE offf with your HEADS!!! Osgood you only always played great!!! BUT YOU LET IN A GOAL!!! Off with your HEAD! Get f*cking Khabibulin?!?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! Your a f*cking idiot, stupidest person alive! OMG!!! Hossa, the guy who had slow production post season but 40 goals in the regular season. OFF with your HEAD!!!!! F*ck it. Fire Babcock to cause he was concerned about match ups! F*CK FIRE HOLLAND... We neede a F*CKING GOON!!!

Seriously I have been feeling like sh*t for two days. Debating this and that. Reading silly post, responding all night, having decent discussions, getting ranted by A Pittsburg fan that thinks Leadership is spelt C-R-O-S-B-Y. You should all be ashamed of yourselfs. Your horrible, whinny, barn burning fans. I can't ******* take it anymore. Ozzy was not good enough. Lids needs less ice time. Datsyuk was horrible. I want Hossa dead. I WOULD HAVE RATHER WATCHED THE WINGS LOSE IN ROUND 2!!!! (these are all things said in the last two days) This most certainly does not apply to all. We have every right to be upset, we have every right to say we may want some changes but some of you are selfish, spoiled, whinny, weak hearted, turn coat fans. If you have a Jersey you should give it away. If you have memorbilia you should burn. I. Just. Can't. take the stupid s*** anymore. Some of you are so dumb and so near sighted it is ridicuous. Again not all of us are like this, but if the shoe fits wear it and go be a ******* lions fan at least then you could be ungrateful.

Wow! I cannot even believe I am reading this. Stuart and Kronwall expendable. One bad game and bam! Off with thier heads. Stuart was great all season until gm7, and KRONIC? KRONIC? Wow... I wonder if you were in the other thread saying we were'nt tough enough??? If so, man your messed in the head.

I get your angry at Stu, but KRONIC?!?!?!?!?!

Why don't we just blow up the entire team. Let's start from scratch! Cause going to the finals two ******* years in a row is not good enough for the f*cking fans in Detroit. EVERYONE offf with your HEADS!!! Osgood you only always played great!!! BUT YOU LET IN A GOAL!!! Off with your HEAD! Get f*cking Khabibulin?!?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! Your a f*cking idiot, stupidest person alive! OMG!!! Hossa, the guy who had slow production post season but 40 goals in the regular season. OFF with your HEAD!!!!! F*ck it. Fire Babcock to cause he was concerned about match ups! F*CK FIRE HOLLAND... We neede a F*CKING GOON!!!

Seriously I have been feeling like sh*t for two days. Debating this and that. Reading silly post, responding all night, having decent discussions, getting ranted by A Pittsburg fan that thinks Leadership is spelt C-R-O-S-B-Y. You should all be ashamed of yourselfs. Your horrible, whinny, barn burning fans. I can't ******* take it anymore. Ozzy was not good enough. Lids needs less ice time. Datsyuk was horrible. I want Hossa dead. I WOULD HAVE RATHER WATCHED THE WINGS LOSE IN ROUND 2!!!! (these are all things said in the last two days) This most certainly does not apply to all. We have every right to be upset, we have every right to say we may want some changes but some of you are selfish, spoiled, whinny, weak hearted, turn coat fans. If you have a Jersey you should give it away. If you have memorbilia you should burn. I. Just. Can't. take the stupid s*** anymore. Some of you are so dumb and so near sighted it is ridicuous. Again not all of us are like this, but if the shoe fits wear it and go be a ******* lions fan at least then you could be ungrateful.

But the Red Wings are lazy and suck, right?

I'm perfectly fine with 30 and 81.

Though, I will admit that the Oz scared the s*** out of me this season but after these playoffs, I wil never doubt him again. He can suck all he wants through 82 if he plays the 2nd season like he has the last 2 seasons.

As for Hossa, yah he had a rough post season but you know what? There are games this season where we seemed to be down and out and he put the team on his back and changed the game's fate. For me, he is a Red Wing and until that changes, I am happy as hell to have him here and believe that if he re-signs, he will be even better next season/especially playoffs.

But the Red Wings are lazy and suck, right?

I just don't get it man. We have the greatest team in sports. Yes this was very disappointing but not to bring on some comments... I am sorry my post may be offensive. It was just how I felt at the moment.

Also try to ink mike cammalari to a one year deal, or a high caliber player looking to win a cup.

Hossa is good, but he was way to soft, he has a pretty big frame compared to other guys and he kept peeling off , and just holding the puck not making plays.

We need a instant goal scorer in time where we can not get anything going. Someone who can take pavel datyuks passes and make the most of them, hossa is more of a play maker than a goal scorer in my opinion, and he didn't produce.

Osgood was a Conn Smythe candidate. Wings have plenty of players who can score.

This team just lost in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It's not like this is a terribly team.

Pittsburgh just played a little bit better.

Let me clarify one: I don't think we need a huge change on both offense and defense except for the hunger. We may need a change on D-men because Nick will retire soon. Besides, Osgood has been great in the playoff but that does not necessarily mean he will perform this good in the next regular season; I don't see Osgood does this good after few months. He has scared me from the start of the season to the end of a season. Moreover, Osgood is not like the late 20s or early 30s. Be honest, Ozzie is too old to carry this team by playing whole regular season. If I remeber correctly, Ozzie's contract number will be expired after 2 seasons. We cannot stick up with Osgood since this season.

I agree with one poster who said we have to give one of Larsson, Howard, or McColumn a chance to play many regular season games. Except for the high class goalie like Roy, Brodeur, and Hasek, every goalie needs a harsh start of the NHL to be a good goalie. There is no way the goalie can do well if the goalie does not have many chances to play.

From my guess right now, I think we will see a lot of Howard and Larsson over Osgood next season. As we make the playoff, Osgood will probably be our starting goalie; nothing against it.

This off-season, we don't need a somewhat bombing change. However, the time of consdiering the future Wings has finally come to the time.

Osgood is not an amazing goalie by any stretch of the imagination but he is very good when he needs to be. He is the goaltender we need because he isnt a big cap hit but its not like he is the worst goalie in the league. He is probably one of the best come playoff time.

Homer retire, Maltby retire, trade Stuart (i don't know how :rolleyes:)

Let's bring back Hossa +......................... Sundin!!!!

This would really be a team for ages

Homer I could see retiring, he's not getting any younger and playing in front of the net is hard work and for as many years as he has takes a toll on the body. Maltby I can see finishing his contract with us so that Abs can get more minutes in GR before coming up to play full time with the Wings. Stuart has a NTC and I don't see him being asked to waive it and he was amazing for us in the playoffs. He just had a bad SCF, but not like many of the Wings had an amazing one unless your name is Osgood to only name one so to me there is no need to trade him. Now for the part that just confused me, how would getting Sundin make us a team for the ages, he hasn't said that he's going to play another season in the NHL.

he hasn t said neither he's going to retire.

Last year i think he wanted to be a part of Det, but Hossa cut him the grass under the feet. After cashing in with Vancouver, may be he ll play for almost nothing with us! (sweet dream i know, cuz he looks greedy in fact)

It will be impossible to find a goalie of Ozzy's quality for the same price, probably not even for double or triple what he earns, unless you get lucky with a rookie, or extremely lucky with a callup.

Goal scorer... probably best to see where things go with Hossa as far as contracts. I wouldn't mind seeing a new face on the lineup from free agency if possible though.

a better goalie wud be fine the reason osgood did so good is our defense is great and clears all his garbage rebounds, once u get under the goaline on osgood its as easy as in without our great defense.

Ozzie is the best goalie we are going to get. as long as there is a cap we won't be spending 6+ mill a year on goalies. Stack up the D and you can use a 1.5 mil goalie or less every year. And I think they have proven that. No doubt he isn't the best goalie in the league, but he is one of the best in the league come playoff time and he is by far the best for the price. I think he gets a lot of unfair blame for goals. Not saying he doesn't give up soft goals because we all know he does, but he makes magnificent saves at big moments. Otherwise they wouldn't have even been in the finals...or even the conference finals. Ozzie will most likely be our 1A goalie unless for some reason Jimmy Howard comes and impresses(not at all likely since he doesn't even impress in GR.) I think it will be the same thing as this past season where he splits time pretty close to 50/50 which I think is fine. I think Ozzie has earned Babcocks confidence much more this season than last. He didn't need to be spectacular last post season, but he stood on his head quite a bit to keep the Wings in games this post season.

Get rid of Andreas Lilja and Brad Stuart and bring in Alexei Kovalev!!!

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmström

Franzén - Filppula - Kovalev

Leino - Hudler - Cleary

Helm - Draper - Maltby

Lidström - Rafalski

Kronwall - Ericsson

Lebda - Meech

Osgood

Howard

I've actually never been so excited about the Red Wings off season moves. Now, I know that dosen't make any sense because they haven't done anything but lose players to FA so far. But I'm ready to see some new blood, because those guys from GR are ready. There is no reason for these talented players to languish in the minors any longer. Its time for Leino, Abdelkader, and especially Darren Helm to play every night. Darren Helm is a fan favorite the Wings need. Abdelkader is a home grown talent and Spartan hero; maybe he'll be for us what Neal Broten was in Minnesota. I hope they play the MSU fight song for every one of the 10-15 goals he is going to score at home this year. Jimmy Howard will be just fine too, he just needs more than 3 games per year to prove himself. This is exactly what I was hoping would happen going into the offseason, and they will be a 1 or 2 seed in the West next year, just like always. And for God sake, STOP RIPPING OZZY. He is a great goalie, he just needs a wake up call occasionally.

New Olympia Stadium

Edited by schulzte

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

Principal from the movie "Billy Madison"