• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Get a new goalie- Get a good goal scorer

Rate this topic

I know osgood was clutch in everything, but at any moment he can let in a goal.

Get a big solid goalie, say khabibulin.

I dunno im just thinking this.

Also try to ink mike cammalari to a one year deal, or a high caliber player looking to win a cup.

Hossa is good, but he was way to soft, he has a pretty big frame compared to other guys and he kept peeling off , and just holding the puck not making plays.

We need a instant goal scorer in time where we can not get anything going. Someone who can take pavel datyuks passes and make the most of them, hossa is more of a play maker than a goal scorer in my opinion, and he didn't produce.

We need a goal scorer, to stick on pavel datyuks line.

So what you are saying is Osgood is clutch, but he can let in a goal at any moment? Who'd a thunk it??? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Luongo can let in a goal at any moment, too. Damn them goailies for letting in a goal, dammen!

Just one question though, how are the Red Wings gonna afford this 3 million dollar goalie and 3-4 million dollar winger? Osgood is the best goalie in the league for his salary and experience. He is a proven championship goalie.

This thread sucks! Do some basic research before making threads.

Get rid of Andreas Lilja and Brad Stuart and bring in Alexei Kovalev!!!

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmström

Franzén - Filppula - Kovalev

Leino - Hudler - Cleary

Helm - Draper - Maltby

Lidström - Rafalski

Kronwall - Ericsson

Lebda - Meech

Osgood

Howard

So Stuart underperforms and you want to replace him with Derek Meech?

Get rid of Andreas Lilja and Brad Stuart and bring in Alexei Kovalev!!!

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmström

Franzén - Filppula - Kovalev

Leino - Hudler - Cleary

Helm - Draper - Maltby

Lidström - Rafalski

Kronwall - Ericsson

Lebda - Meech

Osgood

Howard

get rid of two solid defensemen for one aging forward coming off one of the worst seasons of his career? and do you really want a lebda/meech pairing? sounds god awful

I've actually never been so excited about the Red Wings off season moves. Now, I know that dosen't make any sense because they haven't done anything but lose players to FA so far

It makes total sense. I was in favor of swinging Hossa if we could do it under the terms we offered him. But blowing up our team to give him what the Hawks did wasn't worth it and no one we lost was going to "win" a Cup for us. When you combine locking up Z and Mule for their careers we still have a great team for next year and as the economy recovers and the cap resumes going up then we are so positioned to go out and get other Hossas in the future with our best young players all locked up at what will be increasingly favorable cap terms. I also like Flip coming into his own and if we signed Hossa he may have had to go to make the cap room. The future is very bright for the Wings for a long time to come.

I'm honestly really happy with our roster for next season. Yes I wanted to keep Hossa but it didn't work out. I think this team is just as strong or stronger without him. I know we've lost some players so far but I think as long as we can keep players like Leino and our younger guys we'll be in great shape for next season. I'll be happy if we don't go after any other free agents than our own. I know that's probably not possible with the amount of players that we have lost.

We'll probably have to go after at least one FA sometime this summer. I say give it another week or so and see who is still lefet on the market that way we can sign them for cheaper. I'd say wait longer but I'm not sure how long the players the Wings would want would be available. Bring all our young players up that ARE ready to come up and I think that will give the Wings a youthful spark that they may need for the coming season.

Bringing up the young guys can maybe keep the media off our back about how old we are and how we don't have any youth on our team. Not that I worry about what everyone else says but it does get tiring hearing about how everyone thinks the Wings are too old or whatever. I do like going with a small amount of youth movement but I'll always favor experince and age over youth and stupidity. Like Hull use to say when he was here in Detroit. I like the direction in which the wings are headed for the coming season.