• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hurtingwingsfan

Who is worse to lose to

Rate this topic

That is the question it hurt losing to Anahiem bt not like this with the golden boy cindy and the rest. I can't take a whole season of seeing highlights of cindy raising his cup orthe other crap. I just checked TSN and found five stories about cindy and felt like I was stabbed. so who hurts more losing to the goon Pronger or the crybaby Cindy

Well, as a Wings fan, I'd honestly hate losing to the Ducks more than the Pens.

As a Hockey fan, I hate seeing the pens win. Being awarded a Stanley Cup for years of mismanagement is just a travesty, and I can already see the commercials next season -_-

Ducks is worse, because I really do hate them worse, and they really played dirtier.

I hate the fact that the Pens won the Cup though, only because the NHL wanted it SOOOO bad. Though that is probably part of the reason they won.

Well, as a Wings fan, I'd honestly hate losing to the Ducks more than the Pens.

As a Hockey fan, I hate seeing the pens win. Being awarded a Stanley Cup for years of mismanagement is just a travesty, and I can already see the commercials next season -_-

Yea, like how we got to draft Yzerman for having such a successful team.

Watching the Pens win it hurts worse. As much as I hate most of the players on the Ducks, Getzlaf and Hiller deserve the Cup far more than Crosby and Fleury. And, of course, now the media is even more obsessed with Crosby (if that is even possible). I guess the one thing we can take comfort from is knowing that for fans outside of Pittsburgh, this cup will always feel tainted.

I would have rather lost in the second round to anyone than to go to the finals and be beaten by someone. The teams really don't matter to me, being two goals away from a cup hurts.

Wait, am I reading this right? You would rather lose in the 2nd round? Then lose in the finals? That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I am just down right confused right now...

You don't want the chance cause it hurts? Do you want everything in life to be easy? To choose permanent losing over a chance at winning.

Wait, am I reading this right? You would rather lose in the 2nd round? Then lose in the finals? That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I am just down right confused right now...

You don't want the chance cause it hurts? Do you want everything in life to be easy? To choose permanent losing over a chance at winning.

Yeah I don't understand the reasoning at all. Seeing the Pens win would have been even worse if we were knocked out in the 2nd round by the Ducks.

Yeah I don't understand the reasoning at all. Seeing the Pens win would have been even worse if we were knocked out in the 2nd round by the Ducks.

Exactly. At least this way I know who is the best team. Who should have and could have won.

Ummm....I don't recall ever having 4 straight top 2 draft picks or 5 straight top 5 picks....

I agree. It's kinda funny (in a bad way) how fortunate the Pens were with their draft picks:

2006: Jordan Staal, 2nd overall

2005: Sidney Crosby, 1st overall

2004: Evgeni Malkin, 2nd overall

2003: Marc-Andre Fleury, 1st overall

2002: Ryan Whitney, 5th overall

All are with the team still besides Whitney who was traded for Kunitz, one of their top six fowards in the playoffs. Have there been other teams getting so many high draft picks, then winning a few years later?

Yes, teams must do bad to get that top pick, a la Yzerman (he went first round, right?), Lemieux (1st overall 1984), Denis Potvin (1st overall 1973). But it seems rare that teams get very high picks consecutively like Pit. And I feel it is somewhat unfair for a team to be so bad for a while and be rewarded for it later.

Edited by LucRobitaille20

My way of thinking is if we can't have the Cup than I don't wanna get close to it. I know that in a way that sounds carzy because winning only means more home games and more games to watch and a shorter off-season for the Wings but getting that close to the Cup and not getting it hurts. It would hurt for any team. the Sens in 07 the Oilers in 06 and so on and so forth. To get so close that you can taste it and not having it work out makes a player and some fans wanna stay in bed for a month and not talk to anyone. I would scarfice a little success to be able to see something like Pronger nail Crosby and or Malkin. I would rather know it's not possible sooner than to know it's not possible later, either way you lose.

My way of thinking is if we can't have the Cup than I don't wanna get close to it. I know that in a way that sounds carzy because winning only means more home games and more games to watch and a shorter off-season for the Wings but getting that close to the Cup and not getting it hurts. It would hurt for any team. the Sens in 07 the Oilers in 06 and so on and so forth. To get so close that you can taste it and not having it work out makes a player and some fans wanna stay in bed for a month and not talk to anyone. I would scarfice a little success to be able to see something like Pronger nail Crosby and or Malkin. I would rather know it's not possible sooner than to know it's not possible later, either way you lose.

Pain and suffering is a part of everyday life. I just can't understand that type of logic.

Pain and suffering is a part of everyday life. I just can't understand that type of logic.

Everyone is different and it takes all kinds to live in this world. If you don't understand it's no big deal it's just how we are as individuals.

Edited by Dimaline312000

Guest Shoreline

The Ducks, absolutely. By far. Yet another series loss to them would have confidence effects later on for the team. No brainer here.

Exactly. At least this way I know who is the best team. Who should have and could have won.

To overcome so many obsticles but to fall short is a larger disappointment than getting knocked out earlier in the process. Of course I am happy with the Red Wings season and proud of what they accomplished, but hindsight is 20/20 and knowing what I know now I would have rather seen the Wings loose earlier rather than later. I have been a Hockey fan since 1996, I only really started watching the Avalance series that year so the 95 finals didn't mean much to me. Since that point I have been rewarded with watching a great hockey team every year. That being said I've also seen my fair share of disappointment, the Wings have been knocked out in the first, second, and even third rounds. I can tell you that none hurt more than this one. So yes for my own selfish reasons if someone told me no matter what the Red Wings will not win the Stanley Cup but you get to pick which round they loose in I'd take any of the other three everytime.

On a side note the only thing I can remember in Hockey that disappointed me more than this was not being able to watch hockey during the lockout.

The Ducks are terrible to lose to, and probably my most hated team still. But the Penguins are definitely worse to lose to. The nauseating amount of media love they get is frustrating. The fact that their fanbase is made up entirely of novices who have seen too many Gatorade, Verizon, RBK, Center Ice, Versus, NBC, etc. commercials with only ONE player in all of them to not speak so confidently and uninformed on the subject is frustrating.

The fact that the Red Wings won last season, decidingly and we saw more Penguins commercials than ever, most which showed them beating the Red Wings. We all know we won't be given similar advertisements this season, in fact, the league might as well recycle them adding Sid holding the Cup at the end.

I hate the Ducks, but we won't have to watch any advertisements of them beating the Red Wings when they didn't. Unfortunately, the NHL media covers will most likely be even more lopsided now. Lets face it, the Penguins have been marketed as a dynasty since before they even won a playoff round, and that to me is disgusting.

The Ducks are the hardass, tough guy who only his friends like and everyone else hates to deal with.

The Penguins are the entitled, rich kid who has been told how great he is since he was a baby, and now is a s***-talking mama's boy. And NOBODY likes that guy....

Can you imagine if we had lost to the Ducks in round 2 and they then went on to win the cup?

Holy crap, that would have meant 2 cups in 3 years for them. No way could I have lived through that.

I am content knowing that we lost to a team that was not as good as us. We lost because of tons of injuries, a horrific schedule and a team that was hungrier than us because we kicked their asses last year.

They have no depth. 2 superstars supplimented by a bunch of free agent retreads that have played on different teams every year - Guerin, Satan, Fedorenko, etc.

Congratulations, they capitalized on our injuries, a favorable schedule and a bending of the instagator rules by the NHL.

They won't be back next year though. Their hunger will be less, and they will have to actually play some good teams in the East. Watch out for Boston. No more waiving suspensions or playing against a team with massive injuries. And those retreads that they used to fill in will either not be back, or will hit a wall.

Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Pittsburgh. Add them to the list - one and done.

The Ducks are our rival, the Pens, not so much...